"Official" Yamaha RX-A1000/RX-A2000/RX-A3000 thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I still think for most of us this will be a great tool due to the ability to see everything and change everything in one place without the hassles of using the on screen setups etc. I also noticed that changing an item on the receiver manager looks quicker than when I use my IPAD and the web gui. Might be just my imagination however. There is a LOT of stuff on this receiver to play with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxpectederror View Post

Yeah but when you run the program it asks you to select your reciever model from the list. RX-A1000, 2000, and 3000 are the only choices.

Although you can disable reciever select by unchecking the box at startup.

I can hear the Yamaha guys now grumbling and shaking their heads mumbling "This is why we don't give it out to people"

I think, that is because you selected USA, and other models are for other countries.
post #993 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 10:14 AM

I just wanted to say thanks to Snoots for sending me the receiver manager and since unexpectederror has already posted it I will not double up.

I had a question though. I'm running parallel's on my macbook pro and so I opened the file and went through the first couple steps but it cannot find my receiver on the network. I'm running the macbook pro on wireless but this shouldn't matter correct? I'm just curious if anyone else has ran it over wireless and their experience. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
post #994 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanfran View Post

I think, that is because you selected USA, and other models are for other countries.

Good point
post #995 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadnbrkn84 View Post

I just wanted to say thanks to Snoots for sending me the receiver manager and since unexpectederror has already posted it I will not double up.

I had a question though. I'm running parallel's on my macbook pro and so I opened the file and went through the first couple steps but it cannot find my receiver on the network. I'm running the macbook pro on wireless but this shouldn't matter correct? I'm just curious if anyone else has ran it over wireless and their experience. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

So is the software Windows only? (didn't get a chance to check the download link as I am on my phone). Would be nice to have it native for Mac, but I guess I could always run it in Parallels.
post #996 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 11:03 AM

Got my RXA3000 yesterday and didn't much sleep last night. I was interested in how it would handle DirectTV and 3D. So in case anyone else is wondering here is what I experienced so far:

Components in test: DTV HR21-700, RXA3000, Mits 3DC1000, Mits WD 73833.

Before installing the RXA3000 I had to bypass the AVR by connecting the HR21 directly to the Mits adapter then to the HDMI 2 input on the TV. All other components went through AVR then to HDMI 1 input to the TV.

My goal with the 3000 was to get to a more normal set up with all sources connected to the AVR via HDMI, then HDMI from AVR to TV and to reduce the amount of effort to swithch tv inputs and turning on/off the 3D mode. I also wanted to check out the new firmware for the AVR to see what effect it would have in regards to the DTV 3D issues.

I connected the HR21 to HDMI input on AVR, then the AVRs HDMI out 1 directly to one of the TV inputs. I connected HDMI out 2 to the Mits adapter then to TV HDMI 2 input. With this setup and the VER 1.4 firmware the DTV allowed the signal to pass to the TV but I got a split image and the Mits adapter 3D detection light did not light up. I tried switching tv inputs and AVR outputs from HDMI Out 1&2, HDMI Out 1 and HDMI Out 2 but still could not get it to work.

I downloaded the new ver 2.05 firmware and the 3D signal was detected correctly. However I must have hosed something either in the TV or AVR during the testing of HDMI outputs to TV inputs because HDMI Out 1 quit working and the TV was locked to HDMI 2 input (probably because it did not detect an input from HDMI Out 1. I spent the next 3 hours trying to get HDMI Out 1 working. I unpugged everything, changed HDMI cables, reset the TV, went to advanced set up in the AVR and reset the video setting and turned off HDMI Control. No luck. Then this morning I did it all over again with no luck. Then I went to the TV menu and turned on Ant 1 so that I could at least see multiple active tv inputs and WAM! HDMI 1 input started working again..

I have no clue as to why! But everyting seems to work as desired. I have HDMI Out 1 and 2 selected and 3D Game option turned on for the TV HDMI 2 input. I select the TV HDMI 1 input for everything except 3D programming and switch to HDMI 2 input for 3D. I am now a happy camper with his fingers crossed!!!
post #997 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 11:22 AM

Hey guys,

I hear all this buzz surounding the HQV Vida processor on the 2000 and 3000 models of the new Yamaha Aventage line. As I will pass all my HDMI by my receiver, will I notice any boost in qualityin SD and HD? Is there really a noticable difference in quality or is it only on paper?

Should I stick with the 1000 or should I go with the 2000 from a stricly video processing perspective?
post #998 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 12:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ub0u View Post

Hey guys,

I hear all this buzz surounding the HQV Vida processor on the 2000 and 3000 models of the new Yamaha Aventage line. As I will pass all my HDMI by my receiver, will I notice any boost in qualityin SD and HD? Is there really a noticable difference in quality or is it only on paper?

Should I stick with the 1000 or should I go with the 2000 from a stricly video processing perspective?

I only have my 3000 two days so far, and not fully configured. I had previously an Onkyo TX-SR875 that had a HQV Reon processor. I was very happy with the video performance. The 3000 Vida appears to do a better job, especially in the area of mosquito noise reduction for compressed digital cable HDTV. I am very satisfied so far, and if you watch other than just Blu-rays, you should definitely get the Vida.

Dennis
post #999 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

I actually was very happy with Yamaha support and the guy who helped me out. I was a little unsure about giving out the software but then decided that they list it as a feature of the units so it should not be a big deal. I am quite impressed that I spoke to a real human person who knew what he was doing. Often support calls are handled by script monkeys.
post #1000 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoots View Post

I actually was very happy with Yamaha support and the guy who helped me out. I was a little unsure about giving out the software but then decided that they list it as a feature of the units so it should not be a big deal. I am quite impressed that I spoke to a real human person who knew what he was doing. Often support calls are handled by script monkeys.

Yeah it is a pleasant suprise that is getting all to less common these days in the support world.

And Yes you are right Reciever Manager is listed as a feature and there is no licensing for the software either or even any terms of use or ULA so its a free for all as far as i'm concerned unless someone from Yamaha comes in here and put the Kybosh to our little party (Otherwise i would not host it).
post #1001 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 02:23 PM

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the internal amp when using an external amp? Thanks
post #1002 of 8874 Old 10-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alad View Post

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the internal amp when using an external amp? Thanks

You can't. That's always on, though it won't draw its full power (if designed correctly) when not driving speakers.

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

post #1003 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 07:51 AM

The new Denon 4311 allows you to cut off the amps if you use a external. I've narrowed my choice to this two receivers. I have thiel speakers and will definitely be using a external amp. Decisions, decisions.
post #1004 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepdog View Post

The new Denon 4311 allows you to cut off the amps if you use a external. I've narrowed my choice to this two receivers. I have thiel speakers and will definitely be using a external amp. Decisions, decisions.

I'm sitting in the same decision process as you are. Denon 4311 vs a3000/v3067. I think both will provide the same sound quality.
The only negative aspects I could find for the 4311 is its higher price, plastic front finish and the use of fans to cool the AVR....
post #1005 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If all you're going to use it as is a preamp, why not just go for the Integra DHC-80.1 or 80.2? The 80.2 has the better version of Audyssey to boot.

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

post #1006 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 08:31 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spie2 View Post

The only negative aspects I could find for the 4311 is its higher price, plastic front finish and the use of fans to cool the AVR....

in my mind there is no choice here. Those are all dealbreakers for me.
post #1007 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

I was skeptical about the RX-A3000 because I really wanted the Z7, and the 3000 is very similar to the Z7 but for significantly less $$$. I've had the A3000 for 11 days now, and I'm really loving it. For movies its absolutely outstanding. The video is terrific and the sound has completely brought my large living room to life. For music, the details seem to have laser precision and I'm using a couple of the Yamaha DSP modes more than I ever did previously, but 2 channel straight sounds great as well. The power, while not as much as my previous NAD amp gave me, is still more than I can use. And I have some big inefficient power hungry speakers.
post #1008 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 10:23 AM

I've got my RX-A1000 working very well except for AM/FM/HD. My receiver is in the basement and I can only get one AM station with a lot of static and maybe 2 FM stations with no HD.

I ran a line extending the antenna to the nearest window however that didn't help much and still no HD.

Anyone know how to I can get the AM/FM/HD to work properly? Any good antenna's that I can add.

Thanks,
post #1009 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post

If all you're going to use it as is a preamp, why not just go for the Integra DHC-80.1 or 80.2? The 80.2 has the better version of Audyssey to boot.

I have more experience with denon and Yamaha but I will give the integra a look.

Price/performance I think the Yamaha will be hard to beat.
post #1010 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 10:42 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRobo View Post

I've got my RX-A1000 working very well except for AM/FM/HD. My receiver is in the basement and I can only get one AM station with a lot of static and maybe 2 FM stations with no HD.

I ran a line extending the antenna to the nearest window however that didn't help much and still no HD.

Anyone know how to I can get the AM/FM/HD to work properly? Any good antenna's that I can add.

Thanks,

I'd be interested in hearing how you ultimately solve this issue. I don't listen to much radio myself, but my wife does and I will hear about it for sure. I've found that most of the stations I want to hear are available via Net Radio, and the quality is surprisingly good.

An earlier poster said that he ran a coax video cable between the FM antenna jack on the receiver and the included antenna, about 6-8 ft IIRC, and it was a big improvement. I haven't tried this as it would require a gender change along the way (not for me, but for the cable). This obviously won't do anything for AM reception, but I would think for either, any shielded copper wire will do. I think if you can run something up to higher ground, like into your attic or roof, that would be ideal, although it hardly seems worth the effort. I can't recommend any particular antenna.
post #1011 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakar80124 View Post

I was skeptical about the RX-A3000 because I really wanted the Z7, and the 3000 is very similar to the Z7 but for significantly less $$$.

A 'near final' version of DTS Neo:X -- with a revised 7/4.x speaker layout, similar to Audyssey -- showcased at CEATEC JAPAN 2010, with commentary from DTS that the technology is currently "positioned for flagship AVRs the first of which should appear in spring 2011". An RX-Z'd version of the 3000 with DTS Neo:X [in mid 2011] could make for a very nice new Yamaha 'small flagship' model (to replace the RX-Z7)...?!

Or do we think that Yamaha will refresh the 'barely released' RX-A1000/2000/3000 lineup anytime before 2012?

[Home Office system schematic]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

post #1012 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

I have a Terk AM antenna I bought a few years ago. It works well but you have to manually adj it. They have a HD radio ant too.
http://www.terk.com/#/radio_antennas..._radio_antenna
post #1013 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

Thanks,

I would suggest a roof antenna if that's an option for you.

"But this one goes up to 11"
post #1014 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:

Thanks,

I connected my HD-Radio the HDTV antenna I use for my local HD stations.
It works perfectly on FM-HD station. AM, I just use the small AM antenna
supplied with the set.

JohnnyJT
South Philly
post #1015 of 8874 Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:

I have more experience with denon and Yamaha but I will give the integra a look.

Price/performance I think the Yamaha will be hard to beat.

I believe Integra and Onkyo are sister receivers sharing much between them.
post #1016 of 8874 Old 10-16-2010, 05:39 AM

Liked: 13
I'm loving this new A700 receiver...

THe only issue I have is when I use the Harmony remote to turn everything off, the receiver turns off and back on and again while all of the other components remain off.

It's almost as if the receiver is shut down first by the remote, then the receiver see that the TV is still on (handshake), the receiver turns back on and then the TV and cable box/dvd player turn off.

Pretty frustrating as I have to use the Yamaha remote to manually shut the receiver off everytime, instead of using the Harmony.

Is there a way to turn off the handshake mode between the receiver and the TV or possibly setup the Harmony so that it shuts the receiver off last?
post #1017 of 8874 Old 10-16-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post

I'm loving this new A700 receiver...

THe only issue I have is when I use the Harmony remote to turn everything off, the receiver turns off and back on and again while all of the other components remain off.

It's almost as if the receiver is shut down first by the remote, then the receiver see that the TV is still on (handshake), the receiver turns back on and then the TV and cable box/dvd player turn off.

Pretty frustrating as I have to use the Yamaha remote to manually shut the receiver off everytime, instead of using the Harmony.

Is there a way to turn off the handshake mode between the receiver and the TV or possibly setup the Harmony so that it shuts the receiver off last?

Don't think this is a handshake issue as I dont think that hdmi has any control over the power of the receiver. This to me seems more like a harmony remote setting. I do not have this issue (harmony 900 and A2000). If nothing else works just have the remote power the tv off first or manually turn the tv off first then press off on the harmony and see what happens. I could be wrong here just my .02
post #1018 of 8874 Old 10-16-2010, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just purchased a RX-A3000 and it arrives Tuesday. I'm pretty exited. It's going to replace a Integra DTR 9.9 so I'll let you all know how it matches up. I'm selling the Integra on Audiogon if anyone is interested.

If anyboby is looking for a RX-A3000 I would recommendt checking out the Videogon receiver section. There is a good deal on a new one posted there.
post #1019 of 8874 Old 10-16-2010, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post

The only issue I have is when I use the Harmony remote to turn everything off, the receiver turns off and back on and again while all of the other components remain off.

Make sure HDMI control (CEC) is turned OFF on both the TV and the receiver. It'll be a menu item somewhere.
post #1020 of 8874 Old 10-16-2010, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by spie2 View Post

I'm sitting in the same decision process as you are. Denon 4311 vs a3000/v3067. I think both will provide the same sound quality.

I'm also trying to decide between these two receivers. I've had an RX-V1800 for three years. I'm happy with it, but I have dual subs, and I'd rather not pay $700 for an AS-EQ1. I also want the capability to send the signals that would usually go to my surround dipoles to my surround back speakers, which are direct radiators. I think that Denon can do that, but I don't think the Yamahas can. I'm not that concerned about the negatives listed above. Am I missing something?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page