Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post

Wanna see something neat?

Try this: http://192.168.0.118/index.asp

Where 192.168.0.118 is your SR7005's IP address...

Try the Setup menu

That is cool! Now I can setup my receiver from my computer which is much more efficient.

Good info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2463 Old 12-30-2010, 01:38 PM

Re:Networking/file sharing.... Help?

I narrowed it down to the Belkin powerline gigabit kit's security link....all seems to be functioning...though I'm now slightly skeptical on the powerline thing.

Thanks to those who read and quietly sympathized.
post #543 of 2463 Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Wanna see something neat?

Try this: http://192.168.0.118/index.asp

Where 192.168.0.118 is your SR7005's IP address...

Try the Setup menu

I don't get it. I am not very smart when it comes to technical stuff but I can't get that link to do anything for me. It just eventually times out.
post #544 of 2463 Old 12-30-2010, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfloyd6 View Post

I don't get it. I am not very smart when it comes to technical stuff but I can't get that link to do anything for me. It just eventually times out.

The IP address must be update to the IP address of YOUR receiver - not the one that was quoted in the post.
post #545 of 2463 Old 12-30-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

The IP address must be update to the IP address of YOUR receiver - not the one that was quoted in the post.

OK. Talk very very slowly and...........tell me how to do that. No really, I will look in the manual and figure it out. I am coming from a 10 year old Yamaha and feel totally overwhelmed but through reading this forum and others I am SLOWLY figuring this thing out. But....if you have any quick tips on how to do the ip address I would be grateful.
post #546 of 2463 Old 12-30-2010, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfloyd6 View Post

OK. Talk very very slowly and...........tell me how to do that. No really, I will look in the manual and figure it out. I am coming from a 10 year old Yamaha and feel totally overwhelmed but through reading this forum and others I am SLOWLY figuring this thing out. But....if you have any quick tips on how to do the ip address I would be grateful.

To find the IP address of your receiver, do either of the following:

A. Go into the receiver menu>manual setup>network setup>network information and take note of the ip address. (Note that I have a Denon 3311 not the Marantz, but I assume it has the same menu options since the receivers are basically the same).

B. Log into your router's web interface and see which IP address has been assigned to your receiver.

Note that the IP address assigned by your router to your receiver may change if the router is rebooted. To get around this, some routers (most) give you the ability to specify the IP address you want to be assigned to a particular device so that it stays constant. You can do so by specifying your Marantz's MAC address and the desired IP address. Then it will never change, allowing you to bookmark the URL needed to access your receiver's web interface. I'm not saying that it *will* change, as many routers "remember" previous devices and try to assign the same IP address each time they connect. Just be aware that it *could* change if you ever have trouble accessing the web interface in the future.

Now, whatever your IP address is, replace it in the URL that was previously quoted. For example, if your IP address was 123.456.7.89 then the URL to access the web interface of your receiver would be:

http://123.456.7.89/index.asp
post #547 of 2463 Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

To find the IP address of your receiver, do either of the following:

A. Go into the receiver menu>manual setup>network setup>network information and take note of the ip address. (Note that I have a Denon 3311 not the Marantz, but I assume it has the same menu options since the receivers are basically the same).

B. Log into your router's web interface and see which IP address has been assigned to your receiver.

Note that the IP address assigned by your router to your receiver may change if the router is rebooted. To get around this, some routers (most) give you the ability to specify the IP address you want to be assigned to a particular device so that it stays constant. You can do so by specifying your Marantz's MAC address and the desired IP address. Then it will never change, allowing you to bookmark the URL needed to access your receiver's web interface. I'm not saying that it *will* change, as many routers "remember" previous devices and try to assign the same IP address each time they connect. Just be aware that it *could* change if you ever have trouble accessing the web interface in the future.

Now, whatever your IP address is, replace it in the URL that was previously quoted. For example, if your IP address was 123.456.7.89 then the URL to access the web interface of your receiver would be:

http://123.456.7.89/index.asp

Or, you can get on your computer, go to Control Panel, view network devices, and click on the sr7005.

All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental. - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

post #548 of 2463 Old 12-31-2010, 12:12 PM

Newb question for owners: Can the SR7005 do 9 channels or even 11 channels with a 5 channel external amp for L/C/R/SR/SB? I recall reading that the front height and front wide cannot be output at the same time thru the receivers internal amps, so probably 11 channels capability is not possible. Do I have to get the AV7005 to get 9 channels? (Can the AV7005 do 11 channels?)
post #549 of 2463 Old 12-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
phil - good question. I've heard "no", but you see all 11 channels checked during the Audyssey setup.
post #550 of 2463 Old 12-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

phil - good question. I've heard "no", but you see all 11 channels checked during the Audyssey setup.

I've also heard "no." I know it has the ability to set up all channels, as one of the marketing points is the ability switch between rear, height, width, etc. without having to rewire anything. As for trying a separate amp, I don't have one, so I couldn't tell you. Surely an sr7005 owner has a power amp and can try this out for us? It would be oh so appreciated!

All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental. - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

post #551 of 2463 Old 01-01-2011, 07:42 AM

I started an firmware update last night on my Marantz SR7005. It gets to about 02 MIN left and then gives the message Updating Fail 83. It will sit on there until you pull the plug. Once you do that and turn it back on, it then attempts to update again. I can't get it to stop the update or get it to work. The receiver is hard wired to the router. Any help would be super appreciated!!!
post #552 of 2463 Old 01-01-2011, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:

I have the prepro version AV7005 which according to most accounts is identical in all but a few regards, such as lacking on board power amps, to the SR7005.

I think the best way to describe both of them is that they have have the ability to calibrate and process all of the 11.1 channels but not all 11.1 simultaneously. You get the core 5.1 (L, C, R, SR, SL, and sub) and then get to personally choose the remaining sixth and seventh channel pair as coming from one of the three extra groupings (Surround backs, front heights, or wides). Only 7.1 channels work at a time when actually using the unit for sound reproduction.

When doing the calibration you hear a telltale relay click as the unit switches (transitions) between those three possible, but not simultaneous, extra pairs.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #553 of 2463 Old 01-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Gulfstream5: Also do a google for "updating fail 83" and denon. You're not the only one. (Denon and Marantz are the same company)

See this too: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...st.cgi?1025503

Last post in that thread (from a Denon engineer):
"Denon is now trying to make your life good again!

Here is the answer for what is causing your updates to crash.

We have found that if your AVR is connected to a control system via RS-232 or IP, the AVR will go into timeout during the update procedure. The "temporary" fix is to disconnect the control system during the update.

I would still recommend turning off the update and upgrade notification in the AVR menu.

As promised, I will continue questioning the engineering team to get an answer on why this issue is happening and what the permanent fix is.

To those that have helped by offering information, thank you for assisting behind the scenes"
post #554 of 2463 Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Like I said, I replaced a Denon AVR-5803A, and I'm very happy with the Marantz.

Definitely has a Denon "feel", which I consider a good thing.

My only nit is that the remote sensor is sensitive to angles. I had to "aim" my Marantz toward the seating area a little bit. Definitely not a deal breaker, but I wanted you to know about it.

Ok - One more nit - the Media Server function won't work if you have > 10K songs. I got around this by setting up playlists with WMP and accessing the playlists thru the Marantz. Of course, I also have my PC connected via coax digital, so I have full access there.
I have 11500 songs in FLAC Asset UPnP server and there is no issue with the Media Server showing all songs. The issue I am having is that the network input drops in and out. It would seem there is an issue with the on board network connection (almost like a computer crash) as when the network input drops out so does the connection to the ipod app. I am using a fully hard wired net work (except for the ipod remote app). Any suggestions would be good.

Other than that the system is awsome with my 65 inch Pana plasma not to foget my 11500 FLAC songs - I will never leave the house again.
post #555 of 2463 Old 01-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

todd - Could be. I purchased a Denon AVR-4310 and took it back - its ethernet card was dead out of the box. I'd contact Marantz aoub the network.

One idea I just had - try assigning a static IP address (like 192.168.0.200). It could be that something is messing up your dynamic IP assignments. This worked for my DirecTV receivers.
---------------
On the media player - I'm now using my PC and Windows Media Player (or Windows Media Center), and it's doing everything I need. I only use the native Marantz stuff for Pandora now.
post #556 of 2463 Old 01-02-2011, 12:43 PM

There really is a lot of people from Ottawa in this thread!
I'm also in Ottawa and thinking of purchasing this receiver. Can also request a few PMs with prices paid in Ottawa or Canada?

Thanks!
post #557 of 2463 Old 01-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:

todd - Could be. I purchased a Denon AVR-4310 and took it back - its ethernet card was dead out of the box. I'd contact Marantz aoub the network.

One idea I just had - try assigning a static IP address (like 192.168.0.200). It could be that something is messing up your dynamic IP assignments. This worked for my DirecTV receivers.
---------------
On the media player - I'm now using my PC and Windows Media Player (or Windows Media Center), and it's doing everything I need. I only use the native Marantz stuff for Pandora now.

Thanks. I already have a static IP assigned. I'll contact Marantz to see what they say.

Just a quick update on the above. It does help if the you use a LAN cable without a crack in it exposing some of the wires. When you use a good quality LAN cable everything works perfectly.
post #558 of 2463 Old 01-03-2011, 09:18 AM

Here's something odd I noticed just recently:

Two of my inputs seem to have picked up a very pronounced hiss on them when I switch to them and there's no audio playing.. the hiss is audible at -35db, and at -20db, it's what I would call loud. The hiss definitely wasn't there when I first set the AVR up either, which has me confused.

Now what's really strange about it though is that it seems to be linked to Audessy/Dyn EQ. With Audessy off, there's no hiss (or.. it's only audible with my ear right up against the speaker). Soon as I turn the EQ on, the hiss comes back.

And again, it's only there on two inputs (DVD, and VCR - which I'm using to connect my laptop thanks to that input's HDMI ((???))) connection).. all of my other inputs are clean.

Anyone have any insight?
post #559 of 2463 Old 01-05-2011, 10:37 AM

Hi, I'm from Norway and new in this forum. I've loved Klipsch all my life and recently I got hold on a pair of RB-75(used). I'm very happy with the speakers, but after I tried to hook them up with a stereo amp (i own a H/K AVR 635 today) I noticed that the sound improved a lot in stereo. I was therefore hoping to find a surround receiver that could get the best out of my RB-75 in stereo as well as making sure I get good surround experiences. I'm going to use the receiver mostly for listening to music (65/35) and It is especially important that the midrange improve as I know the speakers got more potential there. Do you guys reckon that sr 7005 will be a good match?
post #560 of 2463 Old 01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Tveheim,
Welcome!

I use my SR7005 for music in about the ratio you describe, and it works great for me. I'm running Mirage OM-6 speakers.
post #561 of 2463 Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I tend to watch way more movies than 65/35 but with the Marantz I have been listening to ALOT more music lately. I'm running a Klipsch setup but the RF-62's. Love the way they sound with this receiver. I've had zero quirks or issues in the 3 weeks I've had it. The sound is just fantastic.
post #562 of 2463 Old 01-05-2011, 11:48 PM

Liked: 12
w00t! So I turned on my home theater tonight and got a message on the TV that AirPlay is now available! No new firmware update, but when I go to Add New Feature, it's listed (grayed out) as Not Registered with an Upgrade Status ID in the bottom right corner of the screen (GUI). I'm thinking I need to purchase/check out on the website and use this ID (just a guess) to get this working, but the website doesn't seem live yet with the checkout option (still says Coming Soon when you try)... But hopefully this is a sign later today we'll be up and running. =)
post #563 of 2463 Old 01-05-2011, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

When it does get uploaded I hope someone will post pics of the interface. I'm very interested to see how it compares to the Apple TV!!
post #564 of 2463 Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 AM

AirPlay is out! have to register/pay here:

http://shop.marantz.com/Air-Play-Upgrade-W1.aspx

Once I filled out the form on the website, I went back to the receiver and chose add feature it found that I could update. Update went like a normal firmware upgrade, after it finished I was able to see the speaker in my iTunes on my dekstop. Haven't had any time to play with it I was out the door to work. Will try it later and report back.
LL
post #565 of 2463 Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 AM

i have the same problem with my AV 7005!:
"fail 83" and it hangs up.
Each time I turn it off and on, it's retrying the upgrade...

anybody has a solution?
post #566 of 2463 Old 01-06-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:

Tveheim,
Welcome!

I use my SR7005 for music in about the ratio you describe, and it works great for me. I'm running Mirage OM-6 speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbryant View Post

I tend to watch way more movies than 65/35 but with the Marantz I have been listening to ALOT more music lately. I'm running a Klipsch setup but the RF-62's. Love the way they sound with this receiver. I've had zero quirks or issues in the 3 weeks I've had it. The sound is just fantastic.

Thank you for your feedback guys! I got a pair of Khorns in my parents' house as well. My dream is that one day I will buy a house, and then I will build a dedicated room for my khorns. However, for now the RB-75 is what I got space for, so I have to make the best out of what I got I suppose I've heard Marantz paired with Klipsch KG 5,5 before and I definitely liked what I heard! Yesterday I went to the shop to get more information on the SR 7005, and hopefully a good offer as well. The guy that helped me was great! He was so certain that I was going to enjoy the receiver that he offered me to take it home for the weekend just to try it before I decided to buy it or not. Now, that is what I call good service!! I must admit that I'm curious whether or not the receiver is going to work well with airplay. Do you know anything about the DAC in this receiver? And is airplay only available in the US? Another thing I was worrying about is whether it will be possible to for instance play music when I play PS3. I know this might sound like a weird question, but I noticed earlier on other receivers that the audio signal will always come from the same source as the video signal. Do you know if this is the case with SR 7005 as well? (sorry about my English, as a Norwegian I got my limitations
post #567 of 2463 Old 01-06-2011, 12:41 PM

I've read the user manual and it states that only 1 hdmi out can be selected at a time. Could anyone please confirm this? It would be truly unfortunate if I could not output both hdmi outs at the same time.

Kindof related, is there a party mode on this receiver where all zones output what's playing in the main zone?
post #568 of 2463 Old 01-06-2011, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbryant View Post

When it does get uploaded I hope someone will post pics of the interface. I'm very interested to see how it compares to the Apple TV!!

i posted a pic in the av7005 thread...

keep in mind it's basically a "push" technology... you can do some feedback from the avr (such as track up/down), but you aren't actually running an itunes client on the avr...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #569 of 2463 Old 01-06-2011, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

i posted a pic in the av7005 thread...

keep in mind it's basically a "push" technology... you can do some feedback from the avr (such as track up/down), but you aren't actually running an itunes client on the avr...

Thanks I see that, was surprised album artwork isn't displayed. Still it's a great feature for those without Apple TV.
post #570 of 2463 Old 01-06-2011, 04:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

yea, it's a nifty little toy... i didn't really "need" it (i had an airport express hooked up), but i "wanted" it... if it's got an apple logo on it, i gotta try it..

i guess i'm not too concerned about album art, as i'll never have the display on while just listening... the only time i'd have it on is when i'm overlaying music on a separate video source (such as tv), so it wouldn't be a concern there...

but i can understand that some might want it...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz , Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread - Sr7005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page