The Official Marantz SR7005 Receiver Page!! - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1531 of 2438 Old 05-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hey guys, anyone experienced downloading airplay with ethernet issue. Seems shows up as "1GB ethernet" Obviously it is not upgrading, but won't stop....any suggestions? Internet/wireless seems to be fine.

Checked connections, etc. etc.

Can't get it downloaded and can't get out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 2438 Old 05-26-2012, 04:50 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 1365
^^
Disconnect the power cord ... wait a few minutes, plug it back in and power the AVR back on. The update should continue at that point.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #1533 of 2438 Old 05-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Thank you Jds, but even ethernet being 1gb that would work?
post #1534 of 2438 Old 05-26-2012, 05:18 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Your choice is either to give it more time to complete the update or unplug it. You asked out to "make it stop".

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #1535 of 2438 Old 05-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
Your choice is either to give it more time to complete the update or unplug it. You asked out to "make it stop".

It is still unplugged at this point, however, jds, it was doing this for 2 hours last night over and over again. 6%, 5% then 4 then starting over.

plugged in back in and at this point says update retry.

Oh, didn't see that, yes is there a way to cancel the upgrade?
post #1536 of 2438 Old 05-26-2012, 05:28 PM
585-645-1006

^^
By "making it stop", I was referring to getting it out of it's loop which can be done by unplugging the unit. If it stays in a loop, then you'll need to follow the microprocessor reset procedure listed in your Owner's manual and see if that resolves the issue. If you haven't yet used the WEB CONTROL feature to SAVE the config file to a PC, suggest doing so before doing the reset so it's easier to return to your current configuration to include Audyssey settings. Also, good idea to use Notepad or a hex viewer to ensure the file isn't all zeroes as well.

post #1537 of 2438 Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

^^
Then follow the microprocessor reset procedure listed in your Owner's manual and see if that resolves the issue. If you haven't yet used the WEB CONTROL feature to SAVE the config file to a PC, suggest doing so before doing the reset so it's easier to return to your current configuration to include Audyssey settings. Also, good idea to use Notepad or a hex viewer to ensure the file isn't all zeroes as well.

I did try the microprocesser reset, but the upgrade booted me out!

Suppose I could try it one more time, maybe it will be willing!

And, could be a heavy demand on AirPlay downloads?

I did accomplish the microprocesser reset, but still attempting the AirPlay update!
post #1538 of 2438 Old 05-26-2012, 06:53 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Doubt there's a heavy demand on the Airplay download as the AV/SR7005 have been out for 2 years now.

post #1539 of 2438 Old 05-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

^^
Doubt there's a heavy demand on the Airplay download as the AV/SR7005 have been out for 2 years now.

Thanks, will call Tech Support on Tuesday!
post #1540 of 2438 Old 05-27-2012, 03:44 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Most likely you have the front main speakers set as LARGE ... so reset them to SMALL with 80hz crossovers and the lower bass from CD audio will pass to the sub.

Perfect, fixed it thanks very much!
post #1541 of 2438 Old 05-27-2012, 06:27 PM

Same problem with the firmware update. Loop (amp restart, display "SR7005 Upgrade" as name, never noticed that before. Then try again to update. I did reset the network card, lost all the settings in the process... I can't believe a stupid firmware upgrade PUSHED to the user fails like that. Well, I'm out of the loop but I would love to actually UPGRADE and be done with it before doing all my settings again. :x
post #1542 of 2438 Old 05-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeine View Post

Same problem with the firmware update. Loop (amp restart, display "SR7005 Upgrade" as name, never noticed that before. Then try again to update. I did reset the network card, lost all the settings in the process... I can't believe a stupid firmware upgrade PUSHED to the user fails like that. Well, I'm out of the loop but I would love to actually UPGRADE and be done with it before doing all my settings again. :x

Hummmm, over and over again, just locked in a new cat5e cable, hopefully this would have help, but, nope started all over again. The problem is that the amp is stuck in that mode of upgrade, I can't stop it and can't watch movie, TV or listen to music, until this is solved.

I suppose the only solution is support on Tuesday.

Please tell me how you got out of the loop?
post #1543 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
http://youtu.be/bYgJXlRhnEg

New details for SR7007 available sometime August 2012
post #1544 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 08:08 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsart View Post

Hummmm, over and over again, just locked in a new cat5e cable, hopefully this would have help, but, nope started all over again. The problem is that the amp is stuck in that mode of upgrade, I can't stop it and can't watch movie, TV or listen to music, until this is solved.

I suppose the only solution is support on Tuesday.

Please tell me how you got out of the loop?

Try unplugging the AVR for a few minutes and start the update again. If still no joy, power off the AVR, and do a "network reset" ie. while pressing/holding the and buttons, power on the AVR, releasing them after 4-5 seconds (just as is done with a microprocessor reset).

post #1545 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Try unplugging the AVR for a few minutes and start the update again. If still no joy, power off the AVR, and do a "network reset" ie. while pressing/holding the and buttons, power on the AVR, releasing them after 4-5 seconds (just as is done with a microprocessor reset).

With pure direct and up arrows on the remote and standby on on the receiver is awkward, regardless did not work! with the remote standby button or receiver.
post #1546 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaragd View Post

http://youtu.be/bYgJXlRhnEg

New details for SR7007 available sometime August 2012

I don't speak German, but I did catch something which I found a bit alarming. The SR-5007 is said to use "Direct Energy" which I believe is industry obfuscation jargon for "Class D amplifiers".

If the way we are going to migrate to 9, 11, 13, etc channel receivers which are still compact in chassis size, is to change over to class D amplifiers (which are smaller, more efficient, and generate less heat), count me out. [Not to say they can't be done well, but all things being equal I'd rather avoid them and stick to class A/B].

Here's a direct link to the time, around 7m 30s into the video, where the on screen graphics mention it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYgJX...utu.be#t=7m25s

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #1547 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 09:39 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:

With pure direct and up arrows on the remote and standby on on the receiver is awkward, regardless did not work! with the remote standby button or receiver.

I'm sure it is awkward ... good thing you use the buttons on the front panel of the AVR just as you would with a microprocessor reset.

post #1548 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 AM

post #1549 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm sure it is awkward ... good thing you use the buttons on the front panel of the AVR just as you would with a microprocessor reset.

Sorry, but it seems you were offering me another option to "microprocesser reset", but I have done that 3 times to no avail. And, it seems that "Cafiene" did something differenet to get out of the "LOOP"!

Maybe I am wrong!
post #1550 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 11:19 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post

If the way we are going to migrate to 9, 11, 13, etc channel receivers which are still compact in chassis size, is to change over to class D amplifiers (which are smaller, more efficient, and generate less heat), count me out. [Not to say they can't be done well, but all things being equal I'd rather avoid them and stick to class A/B].
]

By what you said here, I don't see any reason why you would dislike class D...Why is class A/B better?

Turn it up!
post #1551 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 11:23 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:

Sorry, but it seems you were offering me another option to "microprocesser reset", but I have done that 3 times to no avail. And, it seems that "Cafiene" did something differenet to get out of the "LOOP"!

Maybe I am wrong!

What I suggested is a "network reset" which also resets the network card in addition to doing a microprocessor reset.

post #1552 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What I suggested is a "network reset" which also resets the network card in addition to doing a microprocessor reset.

I could not do the network reset, or a least it did not work, or I couldn't tell as the Upgrading continued upon turn on.

I did understand the microprocessor reset and did so and seemed to work.

but could you in detail again explain what I am looking for...... when the netword card reset is accomplished?

Thanks, I appreciate it.
post #1553 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 11:32 AM
585-645-1006

^^
The same thing you're looking for when doing a microprocessor reset as I noted.

post #1554 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

By what you said here, I don't see any reason why you would dislike class D...Why is class A/B better?

Class D, an old design from the late 50's or early 60's which was for the most part rejected from the hi-fi world and relegated to lo-fi applications only (but has recently been much more common and has improved, some), doesn't have a well defined and nearly fixed frequency response, regardless of the speaker load it sees, as class A/B does.

Some class D amplifiers acknowledge this deficiency, er, "variability", by giving the owner a selectable filter which compensates for the expected high frequency alteration, often with crude and rudimentary positions labeled, "4 ohm", "8 ohm", etc, however this is to pacify the user into thinking it is as simple as that. It isn't (always).

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #1555 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

^^
The same thing you're looking for when doing a microprocessor reset as I noted.

Thanks, I will contact support tomorrow, hopefully they can resolve this.

The manual states on page 117 "Resetting the microprocesser", for reset returning to default settings.....Pressing SURROUND MODE and AUTO.

Then press and hold SLEEP and MENU for more than 3 seconds. (Without memory saving).

This hasn't worked for me. Steps 1-5 or 2-4.
post #1556 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Maybe I am wrong!

Well, it's Caféine in fact. Yeah, french for caffeine. Whatever.

So : I just unplugged the SR7005 RJ45 from my router. No network, no update. The fact that it keeps booting with SR7005 Upgrade as name tells me it REALLY wants to do it.

Well, I'll try the REAL power off for 10min, see if something is still around in RAM. If that fails too, it will be time to bug my friend at marantz.

PS: yeah I tried Network AND processor reset. Lost all my settings, problem still here. I love to lose my time like that...
post #1557 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well, it's Caféine in fact. Yeah, french for caffeine. Whatever.

So : I just unplugged the SR7005 RJ45 from my router. No network, no update. The fact that it keeps booting with SR7005 Upgrade as name tells me it REALLY wants to do it.

Well, I'll try the REAL power off for 10min, see if something is still around in RAM. If that fails too, it will be time to bug my friend at marantz.

PS: yeah I tried Network AND processor reset. Lost all my settings, problem still here. I love to lose my time like that...

Thanks, Cafeine for loggin in!

I had unplugged the cat5e cable and now able to watch bluray movies. So that helped for now, til tomorrow when I have to call marantz, but you think it might be Apple downloads?

BTW I did unplug for more than 10 min.
post #1558 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:

Thanks, Cafeine for loggin in!

I had unplugged the cat5e cable and now able to watch bluray movies. So that helped for now, til tomorrow when I have to call marantz, but you think it might be Apple downloads?

BTW I did unplug for more than 10 min.

I have the same pain, I keep watch of this thread
My connection is really good, my guess is a firmware bug or a prob server side for Marantz.
My update says 6 min then painfully reach 4 before going back to 6. My router says the dl speed is around 20kb/s ... I can dl up to 12 Mb/s... ****ing stupid we cant access the file and use an USB key to do that ****. :/
post #1559 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have the same pain, I keep watch of this thread
My connection is really good, my guess is a firmware bug or a prob server side for Marantz.
My update says 6 min then painfully reach 4 before going back to 6. My router says the dl speed is around 20kb/s ... I can dl up to 12 Mb/s... ****ing stupid we cant access the file and use an USB key to do that ****. :/

Yep 6 then 5 or 4 then back to ground zero 6 again, so dumb! Going on for 3 days. Does your say "updating IMG 06min"

This was one of the few main features I wanted in this amp )>:
post #1560 of 2438 Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM

yep, it says that :/ When the "arrows" dont show anymore, it will wait a bit, reboot and retry the whole process...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz , Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread - Sr7005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page