The Official Marantz SR7005 Receiver Page!! - Page 81 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2401 of 2410 Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I had a similar thought in the past... After almost a year's use 1 of the blue LEDs (9 o'clock position) burnt out and I had the burnt LED replaced under warranty... The new LED had exactly the same brightness intensity as before.
The technician told me that all the LEDs on these amp are dim by default, that's the way they glow. The photo on the marketing material has been altered by the photoshop graphic artist to appear much brighter than it is. So there is nothing wrong with our 7500 blue LEDs brightness...
The LEDs can be turned on/off by long pressing the display button behind the folding door. Perhaps it would have been better to have various levels of brightness to choose from but I can imagine the LEDs being too bright ( as blue wavelength is the brightest for LED) it could be too distracting ... Which is why the designers of the 7500 probably decided to keep it dim rather than bright...
erhurd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2410 Old 06-17-2014, 11:29 PM

Location: San Diego County, southern California, USA, Planet Earth
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaragd View Post
I had a similar thought in the past... After almost a year's use 1 of the blue LEDs (9 o'clock position) burnt out and I had the burnt LED replaced under warranty... The new LED had exactly the same brightness intensity as before.
The technician told me that all the LEDs on these amp are dim by default, that's the way they glow. The photo on the marketing material has been altered by the photoshop graphic artist to appear much brighter than it is. So there is nothing wrong with our 7500 blue LEDs brightness...
The LEDs can be turned on/off by long pressing the display button behind the folding door. Perhaps it would have been better to have various levels of brightness to choose from but I can imagine the LEDs being too bright ( as blue wavelength is the brightest for LED) it could be too distracting ... Which is why the designers of the 7500 probably decided to keep it dim rather than bright...
Thanks for your input, smaragd. I'm relieved to know that my LED is functioning normally.

My Panamax M5400-PM power line conditioner's display indicator dimmer can also be turned off, but has the added functionality to be cycled between four different brightness levels. I chose the dimmest setting to match the luminance of my SR7005's LED output.

Too bad Marantz determined that their customers didn't need the flexibility to determine what is personally distracting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg erh_HT_07.jpg (97.5 KB, 49 views)

Edwin R. Hurd
AVS Forums Lurker-In-Training!

My Tight-space A/V Setup
post #2403 of 2410 Old 06-17-2014, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaragd View Post
Glad to hear that it's normal. Was about to take it apart and replace the Bulb.
Regards
Ian
post #2404 of 2410 Old 06-18-2014, 03:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by killie77 View Post
Glad to hear that it's normal. Was about to take it apart and replace the Bulb.
Regards
Ian
Bought the SR7005 second hand. Almost bought the Processor av7005 but that was withdrawn from sale.
So my impressions so far are that i'm glad i went ahead and bought this . It's probably 3 years old but looks like new. haven't set up the equalisation yet will get round to it . The receiver did not come with Airplay Upgrade, did try and register but the website keeps telling me the ID Registration is invalid ?
Not to much of a problem as I have it streaming through the ATV mostly radio stations with occasional Music streaming. One thing i've noticed is that the Internet Radio only shows South Africa as the country to choose from i can search for other stations using keywords with no problem.
I'm in SA so i wonder if they're is a way to reset the internet radio function.?
So far that's all i have to report really enjoying the sound of this unit, might look around for a marantz power amp for the fronts other than that, more than happy
Regards
Ian
post #2405 of 2410 Old 07-03-2014, 06:23 AM

Liked: 11
Warm/Hot on standby...

Hello everyone, this morning I walked near my TV stand and noticed some heat being put out by my SR7005.

It was off (standby) and neither of my devices (BD, Wii U, cable box, etc.) was turned on. There's no return channel on my TV and I have the AVR HDMI pass through set up to "last," as in last device used.

The heat was noticeable, as if I had been using the AVR with the volume turned up considerably. It wasn't unbearable to touch but if you left your hand on there long enough it'd be uncomfortable.

It's also NOT connected to the internet.

Don't know if this is the first time but I've never noticed this before.

I unplugged it from the back for the time being.

Lmk of any troubleshooting you can think of and thanks ahead of time.
post #2406 of 2410 Old 07-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAppeal View Post
Hello everyone, this morning I walked near my TV stand and noticed some heat being put out by my SR7005.

It was off (standby) and neither of my devices (BD, Wii U, cable box, etc.) was turned on. There's no return channel on my TV and I have the AVR HDMI pass through set up to "last," as in last device used.

The heat was noticeable, as if I had been using the AVR with the volume turned up considerably. It wasn't unbearable to touch but if you left your hand on there long enough it'd be uncomfortable.

I can offer this: I have a McIntosh Integrated amp that I keep in standby mode, and it too stays warm. I wouldn't call it hot by any means though. Hope this helps somewhat.

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5005 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 15" Sub
TiVO Roamo OTA
post #2407 of 2410 Old 07-03-2014, 08:48 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 1318
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAppeal View Post

Check to confirm that either Zone 2 or Zone 3 isn't powered ON.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #2408 of 2410 Old 07-03-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post
I can offer this: I have a McIntosh Integrated amp that I keep in standby mode, and it too stays warm. I wouldn't call it hot by any means though. Hope this helps somewhat.
Thanks for the heads up but it's not 'stand-by' warm, it's as if it's been 'used for hours at a loud volume' hot. Definitely not normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Check to confirm that either Zone 2 or Zone 3 isn't powered ON.
If I don't use neither zone 2 or 3, do I have to turn them off? I don't know how to do that i.e. Is there a special menu option? I just got home, plugged it back in and pressed the zone 2 and 3 buttons on the remote and it didn't do anything.

Thanks for the advice.
post #2409 of 2410 Old 07-03-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 102
There is a visual indicator on the front panel when the zones are on, at least on my AV7005, the prepro version of this receiver.

In addition to zones and HDMI passthrough settings, I believe the "video conversion ON" setting generates a bit of heat because it means the Anchor Bay (?) chip is powered up.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #2410 of 2410 Old 07-03-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
There is a visual indicator on the front panel when the zones are on, at least on my AV7005, the prepro version of this receiver.

In addition to zones and HDMI passthrough settings, I believe the "video conversion ON" setting generates a bit of heat because it means the Anchor Bay (?) chip is powered up.
Thank you sir.

I usually keep the front panel lid closed so it didn't even occur to me to check that out... So yes, as usual JDSmoothie was right on the money, both zones 2 and 3 were on, as per the display. Turned them off, case closed.

One of my boys must've turned them on by accident.

Thanks a lot guys.
Scott Oakley likes this.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz , Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page