The Official Marantz SR7005 Receiver Page!! - Page 85 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #2521 of 2521 Unread Today, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 301
There have been other reports of blown HDMI boards on these units. Not sure how much they cost to replace and repair, but I'd be inclined to just buy a new AVR or continue to use the SR7005 with the analog video ports until a serious advancement in A/V comes along that you long for. Spending 100-150 bucks to fix what's now an older unit would be hard to justify in my book.

Having used the prepro version of this unit, the AV7005 for many years, I recently was in a pinch and needed a new power amp to go with it. As an interim solution I simply bought an introductory Yamaha AVR, a b-stock RXV375 for around $169, shipped, to fill in for both prepro and M.Ch amp, and I was blown away by how good it was, in fact in some regards I like it better!

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz , Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page