The Official Marantz SR7005 Receiver Page!! - Page 86 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #2551 of 2554 Old 03-08-2015, 03:17 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3186 Post(s)
Liked: 2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
^When we go to an Atmos equipped movie theater but watch a non-Atmos movie to they engage the extra ceiling speakers?
Not likely if they charge more for an Atmos movie.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2554 Old 03-08-2015, 03:25 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 3186 Post(s)
Liked: 2032
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post
I'm aware of the credit cards but in this case I got my entire system with the Best Buy credit card as they gave me a high credit limit with 0% interest financing if I made monthly payments for 18 months. I paid it off in 13. So with Best Buy there was no implied extra warranty. And also when I bought everything (speakers, blu-ray, tv, avr, etc..) the one thing the Magnolia Audio/Video rep didn't suggest was an extended warranty on the AVR because (and this made sense to me, so let me know what you think) is that an AVR has "NO" moving parts unlike a Blu-ray player which I did get the extended warranty. So Marantz' default 1yr warranty did come in handy but after that, I was on my own, and luckily up until now, it was all good.

Well hopefully Adam's Electronics in Huntington Beach, CA will fix it right and I'll be back to normal watching my movies Thanks for the tip jdsmoothie.
The AVR came with a 3 year warranty from Marantz, although moot as you're outside of that time period. What more often goes bad on an AVR is the HDMI board (eg. Onkyo's troubles) which can cost upwards of $400-$500 to replace.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #2553 of 2554 Unread Today, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The AVR came with a 3 year warranty from Marantz, although moot as you're outside of that time period. What more often goes bad on an AVR is the HDMI board (eg. Onkyo's troubles) which can cost upwards of $400-$500 to replace.
Ah silly me! I thought it was just a default 1yr warranty! Well nothing happened from year 2 to 3. But after that then that's when all hell broke loose! Got a call from the repair shop and due to snow back east, the part was held but yes Marantz did have one in stock and it's being shipped so this week they'll get it from New Jersey. And it was the HDMI board. Total repair cost is $267 (but then got add the shipping to/from that I have to pay) but worth it.
post #2554 of 2554 Unread Today, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Look how similar our avatars look!
Hey I just noticed that before and now that you mentioned, I wonder what your avatar mean? I'm sure you figured out mine is the Martin Logan speaker company logo as I was just drawn to them when I first saw them at someone's house and did research on them and I said to myself when I can afford a high-end entertainment system, I'm getting these type of speakers. I have the EM-ESL (baseline series).

Quote:
I actually think the advice that things with moving parts are more prone to early failure was a reasonable generalization however it is just a general tendency, not a rule.
So far the warranties on the other things I got

Panasonic Viera TC-P55VT30 (55" Plasma 3D HD) 4yrs
Oppo BDP-93 (4yrs)

I haven't had to put them to use so you're theory on the companies making money were spot on. But hey it's insurance and so far "knock on wood" my TV and Blu-ray have been flawless (same for my ML speakers which I didn't have warranty on those from Magnolia Audio/Video but I believe ML has their own.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz , Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread - Sr7005 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page