The Official Marantz SR7005 Receiver Page!! - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #2611 of 2621 Old 11-13-2015, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidwelr1 View Post
Well, I started getting intermittent "static" sounds coming out of all speakers tonight from all sources. I'm now wondering if my SR7005 is starting to die. This is the second issue in a matter of a couple of weeks. Any idea what would cause this to happen? I will try doing a soft reset to see if that fixes the problem. Is this kind of issue indicative of bigger imminent failure?
Bump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 2621 Old 11-13-2015, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidwelr1 View Post
Well, I started getting intermittent "static" sounds coming out of all speakers tonight from all sources. I'm now wondering if my SR7005 is starting to die. This is the second issue in a matter of a couple of weeks. Any idea what would cause this to happen?

If this happens even at low volumes, so it's not possibly amp clipping, then your unit is broken. If it happens even on the internal tuner it tells you it happens after the input selector . If the radio has no issues then it implies the problem is in the input selector.

If the problem exists also when listening through headphones this tells you it can't be faulty, partly shorted speaker wires, unusually low load, or faulty speakers.

Good luck.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

Last edited by m. zillch; 11-13-2015 at 10:02 PM.
post #2613 of 2621 Old 11-14-2015, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
If this happens even at low volumes, so it's not possibly amp clipping, then your unit is broken. If it happens even on the internal tuner it tells you it happens after the input selector . If the radio has no issues then it implies the problem is in the input selector.

If the problem exists also when listening through headphones this tells you it can't be faulty, partly shorted speaker wires, unusually low load, or faulty speakers.

Good luck.
thanks. I forgot to mention that time warner cable installed an amplifier for the cable less than a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking that's the issue. What's strange is that the issue didn't start right after the amplifier was installed. Going to remove the amplifier and check to see if that fixes the problem.
post #2614 of 2621 Old 11-14-2015, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You may want to install a ground loop isolator between the cable input and the amplifier... This will eliminate any ground issues from entering the amplifier ... Did that in my parents house and the issue similar to yours was resolved ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2615 of 2621 Old 11-21-2015, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi guys, lifes been good lately. I hope all is well with everyone

my older son some how was pressing buttons on the harmony remote and the on screen display for the volume and the surround settings has stopped displaying on screen. it still does show on the receiver and the "display button" on the remote and on the receiver only changes the display settings for the receivers digital display.

what am I missing? I would like to turn it back on so I can see it on the screen.

thanks bob
post #2616 of 2621 Old 11-21-2015, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

1) First check if the receiver is in "Source Direct" mode (or pure direct, not sure about the excact naming).
It will not show on screen display in that mode.
2) If that isn't it, check that the convert option on your hdmi out is on (I think I described that some posts ago).
3) And of cource check that the onscreen display (osd) is actually turned on.
As this was caused by "pressing random buttons" I would think that 1) or 3) is most likely the cause.
post #2617 of 2621 Old 11-21-2015, 06:34 PM

thanks, I will check that, bob
post #2618 of 2621 Old 11-22-2015, 04:37 PM

well for what ever reason it self healed itself and the display is back with me taking no action to fix it.
post #2619 of 2621 Old 11-25-2015, 03:50 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7311 Post(s)
Liked: 3365
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs77vet View Post
well for what ever reason it self healed itself and the display is back with me taking no action to fix it.
Although not required in your case, some issues can be "healed" by simply doing a "soft reset" which is nothing more than powering off and unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #2620 of 2621 Old 12-14-2015, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello forum friends !
I 'm from Brazil , the Mato Grosso do Sul, sorry for bad English , this conversation is being conducted by google translator .
Recentente acquired im Marantz SR7005 Qur is in trouble in the amplification , audio does not come in any of the channels , not even in test tone but works fine using the pre -outs . I've tried master reset but to no avail .
Has anyone ever experienced this?
Thank you very much in advance.
post #2621 of 2621 Old 12-14-2015, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Luizhumberto5, could it possibly be you are connected to speakers out B, but on the front display panel you have selected speaker outs A, or the other way around?

There is a button to switch between speakers out A and B.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz , Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page