The Official Marantz SR7005 Receiver Page!! - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #2611 of 2634 Old 11-13-2015, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidwelr1 View Post
Well, I started getting intermittent "static" sounds coming out of all speakers tonight from all sources. I'm now wondering if my SR7005 is starting to die. This is the second issue in a matter of a couple of weeks. Any idea what would cause this to happen? I will try doing a soft reset to see if that fixes the problem. Is this kind of issue indicative of bigger imminent failure?
Bump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 2634 Old 11-13-2015, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Well, I started getting intermittent "static" sounds coming out of all speakers tonight from all sources. I'm now wondering if my SR7005 is starting to die. This is the second issue in a matter of a couple of weeks. Any idea what would cause this to happen?

If this happens even at low volumes, so it's not possibly amp clipping, then your unit is broken. If it happens even on the internal tuner it tells you it happens after the input selector . If the radio has no issues then it implies the problem is in the input selector.

If the problem exists also when listening through headphones this tells you it can't be faulty, partly shorted speaker wires, unusually low load, or faulty speakers.

Good luck.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".

Last edited by m. zillch; 11-13-2015 at 09:02 PM.
post #2613 of 2634 Old 11-14-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
If this happens even at low volumes, so it's not possibly amp clipping, then your unit is broken. If it happens even on the internal tuner it tells you it happens after the input selector . If the radio has no issues then it implies the problem is in the input selector.

If the problem exists also when listening through headphones this tells you it can't be faulty, partly shorted speaker wires, unusually low load, or faulty speakers.

Good luck.
thanks. I forgot to mention that time warner cable installed an amplifier for the cable less than a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking that's the issue. What's strange is that the issue didn't start right after the amplifier was installed. Going to remove the amplifier and check to see if that fixes the problem.
post #2614 of 2634 Old 11-14-2015, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You may want to install a ground loop isolator between the cable input and the amplifier... This will eliminate any ground issues from entering the amplifier ... Did that in my parents house and the issue similar to yours was resolved ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2615 of 2634 Old 11-21-2015, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi guys, lifes been good lately. I hope all is well with everyone

my older son some how was pressing buttons on the harmony remote and the on screen display for the volume and the surround settings has stopped displaying on screen. it still does show on the receiver and the "display button" on the remote and on the receiver only changes the display settings for the receivers digital display.

what am I missing? I would like to turn it back on so I can see it on the screen.

thanks bob
post #2616 of 2634 Old 11-21-2015, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

1) First check if the receiver is in "Source Direct" mode (or pure direct, not sure about the excact naming).
It will not show on screen display in that mode.
2) If that isn't it, check that the convert option on your hdmi out is on (I think I described that some posts ago).
3) And of cource check that the onscreen display (osd) is actually turned on.
As this was caused by "pressing random buttons" I would think that 1) or 3) is most likely the cause.
post #2617 of 2634 Old 11-21-2015, 05:34 PM

thanks, I will check that, bob
post #2618 of 2634 Old 11-22-2015, 03:37 PM

well for what ever reason it self healed itself and the display is back with me taking no action to fix it.
post #2619 of 2634 Old 11-25-2015, 02:50 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8432 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs77vet View Post
well for what ever reason it self healed itself and the display is back with me taking no action to fix it.
Although not required in your case, some issues can be "healed" by simply doing a "soft reset" which is nothing more than powering off and unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #2620 of 2634 Old 12-14-2015, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello forum friends !
I 'm from Brazil , the Mato Grosso do Sul, sorry for bad English , this conversation is being conducted by google translator .
Recentente acquired im Marantz SR7005 Qur is in trouble in the amplification , audio does not come in any of the channels , not even in test tone but works fine using the pre -outs . I've tried master reset but to no avail .
Has anyone ever experienced this?
Thank you very much in advance.
post #2621 of 2634 Old 12-14-2015, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Luizhumberto5, could it possibly be you are connected to speakers out B, but on the front display panel you have selected speaker outs A, or the other way around?

There is a button to switch between speakers out A and B.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".
post #2622 of 2634 Old 03-02-2016, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi. I have an SR7005, about four years old. Today, out of the blue, HDMI out ARC stopped working, my TV displays a message that there is no signal on the chosen port. I have changed the HDMI cable, powered down the receiver and the TV several times, nothing.
Finally, I have plugged the cable in the second HDMI out port and everything works fine.
What happened?
post #2623 of 2634 Old 03-02-2016, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dset View Post
Hi. I have an SR7005, about four years old. Today, out of the blue, HDMI out ARC stopped working, my TV displays a message that there is no signal on the chosen port. I have changed the HDMI cable, powered down the receiver and the TV several times, nothing.
Finally, I have plugged the cable in the second HDMI out port and everything works fine.
What happened?
I'm feeling "deja vu" reading your post. Search for my posts in this thread by my username (dated early April of 2015). I went through the SAME thing. The issue is you have bad HDMI board and it needs to be replaced thus HDMI 1/ARC port won't work but you will be able to use HDMI 2 port.
post #2624 of 2634 Old 03-03-2016, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 2
jaramill, thank you for your reply. If this is the case, I'll just use HDMI 2. It's not worth the trouble to repair it.
post #2625 of 2634 Old 03-20-2016, 08:05 PM

First of all I want to say that I hate HDMI. Anyways, is there a reason why I would be having hdmi handshake issues with some tv channels and not others?
post #2626 of 2634 Old 03-20-2016, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe some channels are 720p and the others are 1080i? Just a guess.

I don't know how current it is but here is a list. Scroll down to "List of current American high-definition channels":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-d..._United_States

post #2627 of 2634 Old 03-21-2016, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
First of all I want to say that I hate HDMI. Anyways, is there a reason why I would be having hdmi handshake issues with some tv channels and not others?
I love HDMI great capabilities

To trouble shoot your problem

1. List how you have your set-up (i.e. Cablebox->8801->TV)
2. Do you have the issue with all your inputs (i.e. Cablebox - blu-ray player- computer etc)
3. What are the cable lengths involved with each connection
4. Have you tried switching HDMI cables?

Reggie
Family Room:70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8077/GoldenEar:Triton Ones (superseding Triton 2s), SuperCenter XXL center channel, and SuperSat 60surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie HR34-700/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds/ Directv H21-100
post #2628 of 2634 Old 03-21-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
I love HDMI great capabilities

To trouble shoot your problem

1. List how you have your set-up (i.e. Cablebox->8801->TV)
2. Do you have the issue with all your inputs (i.e. Cablebox - blu-ray player- computer etc)
3. What are the cable lengths involved with each connection
4. Have you tried switching HDMI cables?
all sources are run thru the receiver. (I.e. Hdmi out is going to the tv from the receiver). Have had issues with with cable and roku mostly while in use. Other sources exhibit "flicker" if the source isn't playing (E.g. Xbox & blue ray) meaning the marantz logo flickers while the source isn't on. I've tried switching out cables for new ones....turning on one part of the chain at a time, etc. still doesn't help. I think the HDMI board may need replacing. The receiver is about 3 yrs old. I luckily have an extended warranty on it. I have no reason to upgrade to a new receiver at this point. Will when I have a room for using Atmos, etc. I just don't understand why some channels would be worse than others. cable lengths aren't that long. Less than 6ft for all cables. Maybe it's the settings I'm using in the receiver?
post #2629 of 2634 Old 03-24-2016, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
all sources are run thru the receiver. (I.e. Hdmi out is going to the tv from the receiver). Have had issues with with cable and roku mostly while in use. Other sources exhibit "flicker" if the source isn't playing (E.g. Xbox & blue ray) meaning the marantz logo flickers while the source isn't on. I've tried switching out cables for new ones....turning on one part of the chain at a time, etc. still doesn't help. I think the HDMI board may need replacing. The receiver is about 3 yrs old. I luckily have an extended warranty on it. I have no reason to upgrade to a new receiver at this point. Will when I have a room for using Atmos, etc. I just don't understand why some channels would be worse than others. cable lengths aren't that long. Less than 6ft for all cables. Maybe it's the settings I'm using in the receiver?
Six feet is not too long.

Could it be that you have some settings on your TV that are not compatible with the cable box. Have you tried connecting the cable box directly to the tv to see if you have the same problems.

Reggie
Family Room:70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8077/GoldenEar:Triton Ones (superseding Triton 2s), SuperCenter XXL center channel, and SuperSat 60surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie HR34-700/ HP Notebook
Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds/ Directv H21-100
post #2630 of 2634 Old 03-24-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post
Six feet is not too long.

Could it be that you have some settings on your TV that are not compatible with the cable box. Have you tried connecting the cable box directly to the tv to see if you have the same problems.
i haven't tried that. I need to. I just haven't bc I like to listen to certain program material thru the surround speakers. I really think the HDMI board is shot. I'm leaning towards sending it in for service. It's still under warranty. It shouldn't be doing what it's doing under normal conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2631 of 2634 Old 03-26-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
i haven't tried that. I need to. I just haven't bc I like to listen to certain program material thru the surround speakers. I really think the HDMI board is shot. I'm leaning towards sending it in for service. It's still under warranty. It shouldn't be doing what it's doing under normal conditions.
As I mentioned to another member that posted, I too went through the same issue 3 years ago (just outside of my warranty window) and my HDM1/ARC channel went bad, and it turns out that it was my HDMI board that was shot. And since my local authorized Marantz repair shop was 'no longer' authorized in Phoenix, I had to ship it to the closest one (Huntington Beach, CA) Adam's Electronics. They fixed it and it's been working fine since. My surround side channels blew earlier but it was under warranty. So anything else that goes wrong it would be time to replace the SR7005.
post #2632 of 2634 Old 03-26-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post
As I mentioned to another member that posted, I too went through the same issue 3 years ago (just outside of my warranty window) and my HDM1/ARC channel went bad, and it turns out that it was my HDMI board that was shot. And since my local authorized Marantz repair shop was 'no longer' authorized in Phoenix, I had to ship it to the closest one (Huntington Beach, CA) Adam's Electronics. They fixed it and it's been working fine since. My surround side channels blew earlier but it was under warranty. So anything else that goes wrong it would be time to replace the SR7005.
im hoping it's the HDMI board bc I've tried everything to fix the handshake issue with mine. I luckily purchased the ext warranty via acc for less when I bought mine. I'm not ready for atmos yet, but I would prefer audessey x32. Mine is going to united radio in New York. Hope it's a quick turn around.
post #2633 of 2634 Old 03-27-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
im hoping it's the HDMI board bc I've tried everything to fix the handshake issue with mine. I luckily purchased the ext warranty via acc for less when I bought mine. Mine is going to united radio in New York. Hope it's a quick turn around.
Hopefully you'll have better turn-around time, then I did. I shipped it to CA from AZ (which isn't far) but, they had to order the board from Marantz' corporate headquarters all the way back east in NJ. And to make matters worse, it was during winter time when weather was really bad so shipping became an issue of delays. So total turn-around time for me was 1 month.

Quote:
I'm not ready for atmos yet, but I would prefer audessey x32.
Same here but more like I'd have to have my own home for that. But I did increase my speaker number from 5.1 to 7.1 and I may go to 7.2. I may sell my Outlaw LFM-1 EX and upgrade to a pair of their new line Ultras. I bought it back in 2011 on a bargain $550/shipped and no tax!

Last edited by jaramill; 03-27-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Add more comments
post #2634 of 2634 Old 04-01-2016, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hi All,

Am having some issues with CEC and the AV7005...

Essentially, my question is: Is there a way to get a CEC shut off / turn on command (when my ATV4 goes to sleep or is started) can trigger my MM9000 to turn on or off? When I use my Marantz remote, the standby and on buttons will control power to my MM9000 perfectly.

I have a cable installed in my "Trigger Out 1" port, and have tried all of the trigger settings with no joy.

I'm guessing that an HDMI CEC "turn on" or "turn off" must control power differently.

Any help?

- Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz , Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

taboola here