The Official Marantz SR7005 Receiver Page!! - Page 89 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
post #2641 of 2644 Unread 05-05-2016, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have the service manual for the SR7005 and can confirm that the PCB's are model specific. Not sure if you can order it straight from the Marantz service centre. Also, replacing it requires some engineering skills as some settings need to be calibrated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2642 of 2644 Unread 05-06-2016, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks. Cheers
post #2643 of 2644 Unread 11-19-2016, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question

I just recently noticed the "Game" option in the Video Mode menu. Anyone know what this actually does? The in-menu description is somewhat vague:

"Game : Always process video appropriate for game content."

Is this similar to the "game mode" on some HDTVs? Where video processing is mostly disabled in order to improve response times for video games?

It'd be cool if that was the case. I've always wondered if I was adding a bit of lag to games by running through the receiver instead of plugging directly into the TV. Obviously I deemed the sound worthy of the trade-off, but it'd be nice to have my aural cake and eat it too. Unless this setting is completely unrelated to any of that -- in which case, never mind!
post #2644 of 2644 Unread 11-19-2016, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10984 Post(s)
Liked: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsaraco View Post
I just recently noticed the "Game" option in the Video Mode menu. Anyone know what this actually does? The in-menu description is somewhat vague:

"Game : Always process video appropriate for game content."

Is this similar to the "game mode" on some HDTVs? Where video processing is mostly disabled in order to improve response times for video games?

It'd be cool if that was the case. I've always wondered if I was adding a bit of lag to games by running through the receiver instead of plugging directly into the TV. Obviously I deemed the sound worthy of the trade-off, but it'd be nice to have my aural cake and eat it too. Unless this setting is completely unrelated to any of that -- in which case, never mind!
Yup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz , Marantz Sr7005 Audio Video Receiver Black
Gear in this thread