So my Sony ES reciever went to heck last weekend. It was 10 years old so I am not too ticked but I do need to replace it. As luck would have it i don't have the money to buy what I really want and am forced to buy what I can get that will get the job done. With this all said I can get a generation or two old, probably will search fleabay or amazon.
I have a complete set of B&W FPM speakers. I listened to them on an Integra reciever and they sounded great. Sadly my old Sony didn't do much for them. I am looking to make them really sound good.
What is the current wisdom on great buy recievers?
1. Hastle free. I don't want any funky HDMI problems where I have to power cycle the whole system.
2. See #1
3. Must be a great sounding reciever. I am thinking HK, Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon, etc. Marantz and NAD would be cool too but I suspect they will be pricey.
4. power requirements are hard to define. I would like around the 100 watts per channel but I know the HKs and Marantz recievers spec much lower but still have a ton of power.
5. Analog Up conversion (preferable the Furojita chip). and Source Upconversion (where you can have svid in and hdmi out).
6. Some type of auto setup would be cool, Audisy or something similar.
7. I really only need 5.1 but that is hard to find in a modern reciever so 7.1 or 7.2 is ok too.
I am hoping around $3 to $4 hundred used/refurb, fleabay, etc.