Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 284 Old 09-28-2011, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi luisres, don't have a clue but is HDMI Control set to On? If so try turning it to Off. Another suggestion instead of pulling the fuse, try doing a factory reset.

Thanks for your feedback. I didn't try the factory reset because I don't know the procedure. Do you know how to do the factory reset procedure? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 284 Old 09-28-2011, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisres View Post

Thanks for your feedback. I didn't try the factory reset because I don't know the procedure. Do you know how to do the factory reset procedure? Thank you.

To reset the receiver:
- turn receiver on
- while holding down the [VCR/DVR] button
- press the [ON/STANDBY] button
- Clear will appear on the display and the receiver will enter Standby mode

Before doing the reset, suggest disconnecting all speaker wires & input cables to see if the unit will turn on and stay on.
post #273 of 284 Old 09-28-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

To reset the receiver:
- turn receiver on
- while holding down the [VCR/DVR] button
- press the [ON/STANDBY] button
- Clear will appear on the display and the receiver will enter Standby mode

Before doing the reset, suggest disconnecting all speaker wires & input cables to see if the unit will turn on and stay on.

Thanks again for your input JChin. I will try this procedure next time my receiver enters on Standby mode and don't come live back again. It is working right now because I did the procedure of removing the fuse and put it back again (of course without any connection such as HDMI or speakers). Thank you.
post #274 of 284 Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 PM

Check your speakers. Maybe one is shorting and causing the problem. Disconnect all speaker wires and just run with head phones. Does the unit now power on ok without speakers connected? If so, check your wires and speakers.
post #275 of 284 Old 10-14-2011, 09:41 AM

Liked: 11
Until recently I used the 1008 for purely one room operation. I added a speaker selector and speakers to a few outside areas so that I could have music in the backyard. Thought I would be able to watch tv/movie in theatre area and listen to music on the deck.
I have followed manual as to setting powered zone 2 and have wired the other zone speakers to front wide/zone 2 terminals. I have followed manual as best I could.
Problem is I cannot get the 2zones to operate at the same time. I can play zone 1 or zone 2 - just not at the same time.

What have I missed?

Update: solved issue by going to zone 3 instead of 2
No idea why this does not work if using zone 2

Thanks in advance
post #276 of 284 Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 PM

if you use powered zone 2 or 3 you loose some surround speakers from main zone. you need to choose.. it's in the manual..
post #277 of 284 Old 01-18-2012, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I keep trying to give my txnr1008 a firmware upgrade but it say error 0-13 dns (or proxy) error. I entered the ip adress in my browser and checked all the settings and wrote them down. They are all correct with what the onkyo diplays in network setup. any ideas?

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
post #278 of 284 Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 AM

Bought this unit almost 2 years ago. I have started to exercise the features and have a few problems:
1) I notice crackling in certain blu-rays. A recent example is the girl with the dragon tattoo in the rain scene. Get a lot of static and crackling. Trying to understand if this is the receiver or the speaker.
2) Zone 2 - when using zone 2 it often shuts off the receiver and flashes red (I think by the standby button)
3) Dual HDMI does not work with my Frontier FIOS. I must switch HDMI main and sub

My warranty expires in October. Should I contact Onkyo now on some of these or does anyone have troubleshooting tips?
post #279 of 284 Old 08-22-2012, 10:08 AM

Also, one other thing, when zone 2 is operating, there is sound leakage into my front speakers even with volume set to min in zone 1.
post #280 of 284 Old 10-21-2013, 09:59 AM

I just got my amp, TX-NR1008, back from repair. It had the common "No sound from any input" issue where they replaced the HDMI board in an out-of-warranty repair. Now that I have it all set up again, when I play a BD with DTS-Master HD 7.1, the display does light the DTS logo. The info displays as MULTICH PCM 7.1. It does the same if I play a BD with Dolby TRUE HD 5.1 but says 5.1 instead of 7.1.

It has the latest firmware installed and I did a factory reset when I set it up.

Anyone else seen this before? Should I take it back in for service? It took 6 weeks the first time, so I'm not fond of that approach.
post #281 of 284 Old 10-21-2013, 10:22 AM

I forgot to mention that it DOES work fine for DVD's. The display DOES light the Dolby logo and the info displays Dolby D 5.1.
post #282 of 284 Old 10-22-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitDaGrin View Post

I just got my amp, TX-NR1008, back from repair. It had the common "No sound from any input" issue where they replaced the HDMI board in an out-of-warranty repair. Now that I have it all set up again, when I play a BD with DTS-Master HD 7.1, the display does light the DTS logo. The info displays as MULTICH PCM 7.1. It does the same if I play a BD with Dolby TRUE HD 5.1 but says 5.1 instead of 7.1.

It has the latest firmware installed and I did a factory reset when I set it up.

Anyone else seen this before? Should I take it back in for service? It took 6 weeks the first time, so I'm not fond of that approach.

[solved]

It turned out to be the "BD AUDIO MIX SETTING: OFF" setting in my Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray player. I had it ON. Onkyo support quickly directed me to it.

Wayne
post #283 of 284 Old 11-06-2013, 11:39 PM

long story short,

the unreliable Onkyo 1008 which used to turn itself off at random, became completely unable to make any noise from any source recently (after only 3yrs), greyed out network option etc, etc...

and the dealer here in Dubai (HI-FI CITY) does not want to know anything about it..

I did expect better from the one of the 'major' manufacturers, but am not surprised about the quality of after sales service here in Dubai..

As I mentioned right from the start after finding the first fault in Oct 2010.. Buyer Beware of New Onkyo's...

I am happy to go back to YAMAHA...

Thanks for any and all advice.
cheers
CD
post #284 of 284 Old 01-10-2014, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I know I'm late to the party but... I've searched here and all over the interwebs. Can anyone clue me in on how to completely disable the 1008s inboard video processor? I found one tip to hold VCR and Return buttons. This brings up "Video Processing: Used" but repeatedly pressing return again, as suggested, yields no results. According to what I read, it should cause the display to read "Skip". I'm at a loss.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr1008 , Onkyo Tx Nr3008 9 2 Channel Network Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread - Nr3008 by PriceGrabber.com