The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 509 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15241 of 23514 Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post

...there's a whole area of research, neuroscience, that uses data mining to figure out what 'agents' do (that's a guy like Chris or Soundof Mind) in their networking with other enthusiasts that ultimately collectively sway opinions...

Careful, I'm in deep cover and there may be penalties associated with outing an "Agent".

Seriously, though, you're quite right. I have been strongly influenced by guys like FilmMixer, who has genuine audio/video cred as he's an industry Pro. He has had lots of high-end gear to compare at work and home, knows exactly what to listen/look for, and has zero brand loyalty. Another Pro I highly respect is Kal Rubinson. I also rely on guys like batpig. Not an industry Pro and he does not have really high-end gear, but he's earned a reputation for offering exc., unbiased advice. His are consistently reasonable data-and-experience-based recommendations which prioritize reliability and value. He's a Denon expert but readily gives other deserving models/brands their due.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15242 of 23514 Old 02-23-2012, 05:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

Some companies do track social media like this. In fact, there's a whole area of research, neuroscience, that uses data mining to figure out what 'agents' do (that's a guy like Chris or Soundof Mind) in their networking with other enthusiasts that ultimately collectively sway opinions.

I don't do this myself - I'm more of a hands-on marketing science guy - but I've seen the software that does it. It's at least as expensive as professional level Trinnov RC:-).

you will be assimilated by the borg...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #15243 of 23514 Old 02-23-2012, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by tverdich View Post

Denon responded with Hold down "Select and Enter" when powering on the receiver turns remote control function on-off.
Worked.

When you write to hold "Select and Enter", which Select is being referred to on the remote control? There is a "Source Select" and a "Monitor Select" neither of which seems to work to turn the remote back on when manually powering up the 4311. Because there is only one Enter button, it is clear to hold that one down. Somewhat frustrating because one moment it was working then an instant later the remote is no longer functional. I can't imagine how I managed to turn off the remote.

edit 2/24: called Denon support and had to do a microprocessor reset.
post #15244 of 23514 Old 02-23-2012, 05:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundofMind View Post

Careful, I'm in deep cover and there may be penalties associated with outing an "Agent".

Seriously, though, you're quite right. I have been strongly influenced by guys like FilmMixer, who has genuine audio/video cred as he's an industry Pro. He has had lots of high-end gear to compare at work and home, knows exactly what to listen/look for, and has zero brand loyalty. Another Pro I highly respect is Kal Rubinson. I also rely on guys like batpig. Not an industry Pro and he does not have really high-end gear, but he's earned a reputation for offering exc., unbiased advice. His are consistently reasonable data-and-experience-based recommendations which prioritize reliability and value. He's a Denon expert but readily gives other deserving models/brands their due.

The irony is that it was FilmMixer's enthusiasm about the SC-57 that got me to upgrade from an SC-27 in the first place, last summer. He was raving about the sound - at the time (pre-Audyssey XT32 on his timeline) he said it had a smoother, more refined sound than ICE IIRC, and better than what his Onkyo 5008 had. My only previous Denon experience was the 5803, and in comparison it sounded flat and one-dimension compared to an AVR with MCACC. Adding Airplay (and on the SC-57 thread, he also called the iControl app just what he was waiting for), and adding about Marvell Qdeo after I'd bought an Oppo with it, made it sound like the ultimate AVR at a great value. Then I got a guy at BB to sell me a display unit that had literally been set up the day before for 10% below the employee discount, and I was set. Little did I know that once you dial an AVR in, and really start playing with sub EQ with an external unit, that MCACC was just the tip of the sound field iceberg (and the Denon had a passing familiarity with Apple).

Too bad you guys didn't get to me first.....but then again, it was the 'dialog' that some of our mutual friends here had with Pioneer fanboys that got me here. Definitely AVS is proof to the power of social networking, if you stay with it.

From a pure consumer POV, simply buying a unit and being happy with it (more or less) should be more than enough. But when you factor all the externalities - batpig guide, knowledgeable folks, Audyssey Pro allowing a continued education in RC, firmware updates, and the almighty integrated RC, it's really a nobrainer as long as the damn thing works.

Stuart

Denon 4311 with XT32 and Audyssey Pro

Oppo 93 and 103

Panasonic VT50

Sherwood R-972 with its version of the Trinnov Optimizer

MiniDSP 10x10 HD

PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds (as of 5/2014); HSU ULS-15 subs (2)

The Audyssey FAQ Guide can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/...

post #15245 of 23514 Old 02-23-2012, 07:16 PM

Liked: 13
See an emotiva thread...

Quote:

The irony is that it was FilmMixer's enthusiasm about the SC-57 that got me to upgrade from an SC-27 in the first place, last summer. He was raving about the sound - at the time (pre-Audyssey XT32 on his timeline) he said it had a smoother, more refined sound than ICE IIRC, and better than what his Onkyo 5008 had. My only previous Denon experience was the 5803, and in comparison it sounded flat and one-dimension compared to an AVR with MCACC. Adding Airplay (and on the SC-57 thread, he also called the iControl app just what he was waiting for), and adding about Marvell Qdeo after I'd bought an Oppo with it, made it sound like the ultimate AVR at a great value. Then I got a guy at BB to sell me a display unit that had literally been set up the day before for 10% below the employee discount, and I was set. Little did I know that once you dial an AVR in, and really start playing with sub EQ with an external unit, that MCACC was just the tip of the sound field iceberg (and the Denon had a passing familiarity with Apple).

Too bad you guys didn't get to me first.....but then again, it was the 'dialog' that some of our mutual friends here had with Pioneer fanboys that got me here. Definitely AVS is proof to the power of social networking, if you stay with it.

From a pure consumer POV, simply buying a unit and being happy with it (more or less) should be more than enough. But when you factor all the externalities - batpig guide, knowledgeable folks, Audyssey Pro allowing a continued education in RC, firmware updates, and the almighty integrated RC, it's really a nobrainer as long as the damn thing works.

post #15246 of 23514 Old 02-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:

Arghh....another one. This thread is creating a lot of self-hating current Pioneer owners. Nothing like the power of groupthink.

Pity we can't do a volume classified ad for our used near (or current gen) Pioneer SCs:-).

I'm going to have to get my wife reading AVS. It's getting hard to stick to logic/principle......I think I need an announcement of the 4x13 ASAP to hold onto sanity.....

I am still digging the sound of the ICE amps on my SC-05, but I am very intrigued by the 4311 and XT32. I am waiting to see what the price on the 4311 goes down to. In the meantime, I am perfectly happy with the Pioneer

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #15247 of 23514 Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

I am still digging the sound of the ICE amps on my SC-05, but I am very intrigued by the 4311 and XT32. I am waiting to see what the price on the 4311 goes down to. In the meantime, I am perfectly happy with the Pioneer

My god Man! It's down to $1249 shipped free! How low do you want it???
post #15248 of 23514 Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
Quote:

I have a crazy number of external amps and I love them........ But as cool as they are good solid EQ is important. Audyssey XT 32 delivers this in spades. As much as I am in the Denon camp, if Onkyo can do this good for them. Buy an Onkyo. It appears a Pioneer has dropped the ball on EQ innovation. Auddysey EQ XT 32 does make a difference. I love high current Amps but quality EQ makes a big difference on most content at most sound levels. My externals make a big difference on pure direct stereo with my B&W 803S's and also with dynamic and fair.y loud multi channel movie watching. Really, I'd argue the 4311 doses lot of things well, not perfect, but very well.

Follow who you follow but be cautious (me included) of amp loving guys. switch AVR's because you believe that Audyssey EQ XT32 is good, you want a solid AVR. I guess I speak to Onkyo, Pioneer, and Yamaha owners. These are very good AVR flagship makers. As much as I love the 4311, make sure you are switching for your own personal ownership reasons. 4 AVR's in a year is simply too much for me.
post #15249 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolplazma View Post

first of all, i/p scaler has zip to do with the video convert function.

second, video convert is only relevant for video sources and does not apply when net/usb is selected. video convert allows the OSD to overlay whatever video source is being displayed. net/usb does not have it's own video source, so this option is not available for this source.

third, always turn i/p scaler off for all sources unless you really want the video resolution modified. the cleanest hd hdmi signal is usually obtained with i/p off (ie: use hdmi passthrough).

the only other things to check for your OSD issue while using net/usb and airplay is to 1) check that the Video Select is set to Source (not BD, DVD, Sat, etc) and 2) that your Monitor selection is set to Auto (or otherwise ensure the correct monitor out is selected while using net/usb source).

I would like thank dcmartinpc for finding a different way of describing the same problem I had. Several members have had some very good sugestions and I for that I would like to give all of them a big thanks. A special thanks to coolplazma for mentioning to check the Video Select - it was set to DVR. I changed it to Source and now I have OSD for my NET/USB AirPlay. Thank you!

Rod
post #15250 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 04:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The irony is that it was FilmMixer's enthusiasm about the SC-57 that got me to upgrade from an SC-27 in the first place, last summer. He was raving about the sound - at the time (pre-Audyssey XT32 on his timeline) he said it had a smoother, more refined sound than ICE IIRC, and better than what his Onkyo 5008 had.
What freaked me out was how little time the 4311 stayed in his system. But other fine models have been similarly short-lived as something new catches his eye. And FM has not even tried Pro yet...it'll cost him an extra $150 to license each new model he flips.

...Little did I know that once you dial an AVR in, and really start playing with sub EQ with an external unit, that MCACC was just the tip of the sound field iceberg... Audyssey Pro allowing a continued education in RC...

So true for me too. Years ago I was so pleased with MultEQXT w/ the then-new DEQ/DVol in the Denon AVR2809 and some Polk RT800i towers (MSRP$1.1K), Polk sub and in-wall surrounds. It was pretty good for the amount I'd invested in time and $ but I really didn't know what I was missing. Nor did I know much irt sub placement, room measurements, etc. I've picked up so much practical info and hobbyist technique from the threads here, but that also fed some serious upgradosis. 2 subs better than 1, XT 32 better than XT, Pro better than no Pro, etc. $10K spent on $22K worth of gear later I'm satisfied and for months now I've been buying music instead of new gear. Until another breakthrough in DSP, a new (dedicated) HT room or formal acoustic treatments, I think I've reached the bottom of the asymptotic curve of amount of SQ improvement per $ spent.

post #15251 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 05:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

yea, i remember that... that was not pretty... too bad for other pio owners, as many questions go unanswered these days because a few of us have pretty much abandoned those threads...

which kinda ties into your second paragraph... what are the "secondaries" (for lack of a better term) that you get with your purchase? back in the day, if you were an avs member and you had a pio avr, there was no "problem" that couldn't be solved by a few of us... sadly, the days of "scientific curiosity" in those threads are gone...

i'll be the first to admit that while the "primaries" are what got me over to the dark side in the first place, the secondaries also play into my "happiness of ownership"...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

post #15252 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Gov you need to make the jump - worth every penny - plus this thread is on par with the SC-05/07 thread which I thought was one of the best on AVS. Still holding on to my SC-07, but there is no comparision between the Denon and the Pioneer, its that good (XT32). Plus it was the first time I ever got to do an update to my receiver firmware or feature. Its a great feeling to own a receiver you feel that is somewhat future proof with Denon adding new capabilities like AirPlay - unlike Pioneer's lack of support of its products. There are many former Pioneer Elite owners like myself who were smarter than I was - Chris - and made the jump sooner. My only regret. Can't wait to invest in the Pro kit soon.
post #15253 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 05:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^

i seriously miss the heyday of the 05/07 thread... imo, that was the perfect example of a "proper" owners thread... much info for new users, and enough members of a scientific bent to prompt educational discussions... as you note, this thread is very comparable to that one...

not "smarter"... i just had an itch that needed to be scratched... if i had been smarter, i would have gone right to the 4311 without making the stops at an integra and marantz pre-pro in between (although the teething issues of the 4311 scared me off at the beginning)...

- chris

post #15254 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 06:44 AM

So I set up my new 4311 last night and it works great. I upgraded from a 3805, so nice to have on-screen display again! The 3805 had on-screen but since all my sources moved to HDMI, onscreen became unusable.

So I added the AirPlay feature to the 4311 however for the life of me can not figure out how to make it work. The 4311 is seen by my windows machines and get the "Play To" option so it appears the network connection is working. However in iTunes, or on my iPad or iPhone I do not get the little triangle box thing to switch output device. Does the 4311 need to be set to a specific source input first? I do not see anything in the menus for AirPlay.

Search a little and found some people have issues with their routers blocking AirPlay. Seems odd that the router would be an issue if everything is happening on the LAN side.

Anyhow funny part is I will spend a lot of time trying to get this to work and probably only use it once in a blue moon. Not really a feature I bought the Denon for .

Actually surprised the 4311 is no bigger than my older 3805. With the small power boost and many more amps I expected it to be taller. It is a bit heavier and thankfully they placed the transformer in the center. The 3805 has the transformer on to a far side which really throws you when you go to pick it up.
post #15255 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

That's where I purchased my A100 from. Plus 2 pairs of Klipsch M40 headphones. Excellent company to deal with.

Got my A100 and a bunch of other goodies there as well. I'm about 3 miles from one of their two brick and mortar stores, so spend a good bit of time in the shop. They really are a good company to work with, and have been very responsive the one time I had an issue with product.

I suspect the WWW presence keeps the B&M locations viable, so please keep buying so I have a place to check out gear. Because it's all about my convenience of course
post #15256 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams View Post

However in iTunes, or on my iPad or iPhone I do not get the little triangle box thing to switch output device.

Make sure you can reach your 4311 via the network. E.g. the Denon App is working. If it is then install Bonjour Browser (BB) on your IOS device. If you don't see the 4311 in BB then zeroconf (multicast) traffic is being blocked.

By the way, even though everyone is calling it AirPlay the 4311 is actually advertising AirTunes (_raop.). You're unlikely to see AirPlay (_airplay.) unless you have an AppleTV 2.
post #15257 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 08:22 AM

Yeah the Denon App works, I will test the Bonjour Browser this evening.
post #15258 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams View Post

Yeah the Denon App works, I will test the Bonjour Browser this evening.

I had to restart my idevices to get them to "see" the Denon Airplay instance post upgrade. If memory serves, I think a few others had to as well.
post #15259 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

I had to restart my idevices to get them to "see" the Denon Airplay instance post upgrade. If memory serves, I think a few others had to as well.

It can certainly be necessary but all of my Apple gear (3 phones, two iPads, two laptops and a server) sees all of my endpoints (4311, ATV2 and AE) without restarting anything. I have had a couple of instances of iTunes getting stuck and either refusing to open or close an AirPlay connection but nothing beyond that.
post #15260 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

It can certainly be necessary but all of my Apple gear (3 phones, two iPads, two laptops and a server) sees all of my endpoints (4311, ATV2 and AE) without restarting anything. I have had a couple of instances of iTunes getting stuck and either refusing to open or close an AirPlay connection but nothing beyond that.

Not suggesting the restart as a general process - like you, most of my endpoints worked properly w/o a restart. In fact, the Denon Airplay implementation is the only one the seemed to need one. Can't say for sure that it wasn't a matter of coincidence that Airplay worked post device reboot, but it's easy and non destructive so thought I would mention it.
post #15261 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

I am considering upgrading my Pioneer 74txvi receiver and the Denon 4311 is on my short list. The other receivers I am considering is the Pioneer SC55 and the Anthem MRX 500.

My other equipment consists of Pioneer 600m monitor, Dvdo edge, Oppo 83, AntiMode 8033 eq, Boxee, Fios receiver, Infinity Beta 50s, 360c, 4 ES250s, SVS pci 2039 sub, and Toshiba HD-Dvd.

I would like some feedback on the Denon 4311 andvantages over SC-55 and Anthem MRX 500 and I have a couple of specific question in regard to the Denon.

Since I have sub eq with the Antimode which seems to do a very capable job would Audyssey be capable of producing just as good results w/o Antimode? I have read you should eq sub first then apply Audyssey in addition to sub eq. Anyone using both that can comment on your results. If Audyssey does as good w/o Antimode I may sell to offset cost of upgrade.

Currently all video sources are run through Edge with only audio to receiver (74txvi does not pass 1080p). All of my video sources are outputing 1080i (except Oppo which is set to source direct) run through the edge set to output 1080p to monitor.

Do you think using the Denon to deinterlace 1080i to 1080p would be just as effective. I may would consider selling my Dvdo edge if I can not tell any difference.

I am also curious about Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volumn, do most owner use and is it effective?

Thanks in advance,
Barry
post #15262 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 AM

Liked: 147
When I had my 3808, may it rest in peace, I used both. My replacement Pioneer cannot do both PLIIx and dynamic volume at the same time, and the wife greatly noticed the loss of dynamic volume. She liked having it, so that is what we use over the PLIIx now.
post #15263 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Barry. If you search (or just skim through the last several pages of) the thread, you'll find several recent posts by guys who have replaced, or are seriously considering replacing, good Pio gear with a 4311. I was interested to find that several, like yourself, use some sort of bass EQ system because of MCACC's deficiency in that regard. I hope they also respond to your post.

As you are getting good bass now with AntiMode, and XT32/SubEQHT is a more capable and potent solution than AntiMode, you will not need AntiMode once you have a 4311. At around $1.3K, IMO, the 4311 offers an unmatched combo of features and SQ. For me, important amongst these is Audyssey Pro capable. With Pro (about $700 more total) you get even more refined SQ and can customize the EQ curves.

As to Anthem, if you've not read Kal's very recent review you'll find it interesting. <<EDIT: The following sentance was incorrect: But note that the MRX 500 is not an AVR but a pre/pro so you'll also need to buy amps. Factor that into cost overall.>>

As to DEQ/DVol, opinions vary but the large majority feel they have real value. I'm in that camp. DEQ is really useful to enhance the SQ of lower level listening. DVol is great for taming TV commercials and for making film soundtracks more even in volume. I'll give you some tweaking tricks if you decide to get it.

post #15264 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 10:38 AM

One interesting thing I noticed that changed from the 3805 to the 4311 is Stereo Direct Mode. With the 3805 you could have it do 2.1 in Stereo Direct mode with double bass. The 4311 requires you to do double bass if you want to do Stereo Direct and have the subwoofer run. Seems like they went backwards.

Course I just use Stereo mode since I really do not notice a difference.
post #15265 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 1073
I don't understand the distinction you are making? You can still do 2.1 with double bass in DIRECT mode with either unit.

DIRECT mode has actually improved a bit as you can now use it for multich material. With older Denons (like your 3805) if you input a 5.1 dolby digital signal and engage DIRECT mode then you will get a 2ch downmix. On newer model you will get an "unprocessed" 5.1 signal.... what comes in on each channel, goes out to the appropriate speaker. Of course, not of much use unless you have full range speakers (because bass mgmt is disabled) and good acoustics (because room EQ is disabled) but it's there....

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #15266 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

I don't understand the distinction you are making? You can still do 2.1 with double bass in DIRECT mode with either unit.

DIRECT mode has actually improved a bit as you can now use it for multich material. With older Denons (like your 3805) if you input a 5.1 dolby digital signal and engage DIRECT mode then you will get a 2ch downmix. On newer model you will get an "unprocessed" 5.1 signal.... what comes in on each channel, goes out to the appropriate speaker. Of course, not of much use unless you have full range speakers (because bass mgmt is disabled) and good acoustics (because room EQ is disabled) but it's there....

With the 3805 you could do DIRECT Mode stereo WITHOUT the double bass. I.E. it still keep the speakers defined as "small". The 4311 ignores the "small" setting of the speakers and handles them as "large".

Course not really sure what DIRECT Mode meant sense clearly was doing some processing of the signal.
post #15267 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

As to Anthem, if you've not read Kal's very recent review you'll find it interesting. But note that the MRX 500 is not an AVR but a pre/pro so you'll also need to buy amps. Factor that into cost overall.

Not true, the MRXs all have 7 channel amps. Kal just used an external amp in his review.
post #15268 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

^Thnxs for the correction. Not familiar with the brand, I'd skimmed the article and misunderstood that. Post corrected.

post #15269 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi Barry. If you search (or just skim through the last several pages of) the thread, you'll find several recent posts by guys who have replaced, or are seriously considering replacing, good Pio gear with a 4311. I was interested to find that several, like yourself, use some sort of bass EQ system because of MCACC's deficiency in that regard. I hope they also respond to your post.

As you are getting good bass now with AntiMode, and XT32/SubEQHT is a more capable and potent solution than AntiMode, you will not need AntiMode once you have a 4311. At around $1.3K, IMO, the 4311 offers an unmatched combo of features and SQ. For me, important amongst these is Audyssey Pro capable. With Pro (about $700 more total) you get even more refined SQ and can customize the EQ curves.

As to Anthem, if you've not read Kal's very recent review you'll find it interesting. But note that the MRX 500 is not an AVR but a pre/pro so you'll also need to buy amps. Factor that into cost overall.

As to DEQ/DVol, opinions vary but the large majority feel they have real value. I'm in that camp. DEQ is really useful to enhance the SQ of lower level listening. DVol is great for taming TV commercials and for making film soundtracks more even in volume. I'll give you some tweaking tricks if you decide to get it.

Thanks for the input. The Anthem is a receiver not pre/pro I believe and it did seem to get positive review of the ARC correction. I wonder if anyone has done a comparison?

Barry
post #15270 of 23514 Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
Just sitting here with my Klipsch Mode M40 headphones on and DenonRadio playing. Just added a few more stations with my iPad2. Easy painless no problem receiver. I really like my trouble free A100.....of course it does sound better than the 4311 with the " handpicked" parts and the excellent feet for better Audio.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page