The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 781 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #23401 of 23410 Old Today, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have also noticed the decoding issue with Netflix from time to time, good to know I am not alone.
I have also noticed a static issue when using my Apple TV to stream iTunes radio. The Apple TV is connected via optical cable. This issue made me think the center speaker was blown.
This static is the same as the Netflix static, and is present whether I use the optical or the HDMI cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23402 of 23410 Old Today, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello Mr Nickff

Thanks for the reply. Before I discovered the Dolby issue. I called Denon tech support for a failed firmware install. Install keeps looping. They had me do a factory reset which wiped out all my settings. So I haven't run the set up. So I can tell you what I'm receiving. Just got home grime grave yard. Thought I'd play around and try the network set up suggested a couple replays above. But I can't figure out if the factory reset is the same as a network reset. Sorry if this is confusing. Working on no sleep in over. 20 hours. I'm obsessing. Lol.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
The problem is that the 4311 doesn't decode the DD+ audio associated with certain Netflix streams correctly. So, the problem will only manifest itself if you are using a Netflix client that can send the DD+ audio to the 4311 for decoding. Some Netflix clients decode the audio themselves and send the audio to the 4311 for playback. Some clients let you choose how the audio is handled.

So, in your case...if you are using the Netflix client on you plasma then the only way you would run into the DD+ issue is if it can send the DD+ audio to the 4311 for decoding.

What does the display on the 4311 say when watching Netflix?
post #23403 of 23410 Old Today, 09:02 AM

Mr jdssmoothie

Sorry I did not see your reply when posted a couple moments ago. I tried your procedure and thought that was only for a factory reset of the micro processor. Thought the network reset was something different. I am now corrected. But never the less. After doing the factory reset, I am still unable to install the new firmware update. Does a endless look (10 so far). Any suggestions beyond getting some sleep. Thank you for your response.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Press/hold "UP/DOWN" arrow buttons on the front panel while powering on the AVR. Doing so will also include resetting the microprocessor to factory default settings to include wiping out the Audyssey Setup so ensure you use the Web Control feature (p. 70 Owner's manual) to back up the config file to a PC if you don't want to have to run Audyssey again.
post #23404 of 23410 Old Today, 09:22 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 1345
^^
The network reset should resolve the issue.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #23405 of 23410 Old Today, 09:52 AM

Hello Master Smoothie,

So now that I have figured out with your help that the factory reset also resets the network, I tried the firmware upgrade. No go. I even unplugged the network cable and powered down the network hub. Started from scratch. I watched the DVR re-establish the network, then did the upgrade through the set up. Got the retry error one of the prior posters discussed, went into the loop. Most likely something I'm doing wrong. Per my wife, its always my fault. LOL. I'm going to crash and try later. Thank you and the others that have helped. Much better than the limited help I got from Denon tech support. Good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
The network reset should resolve the issue.
post #23406 of 23410 Old Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by advriderjoe View Post
Hello Master Smoothie,

So now that I have figured out with your help that the factory reset also resets the network, I tried the firmware upgrade. No go. I even unplugged the network cable and powered down the network hub. Started from scratch. I watched the DVR re-establish the network, then did the upgrade through the set up. Got the retry error one of the prior posters discussed, went into the loop. Most likely something I'm doing wrong. Per my wife, its always my fault. LOL. I'm going to crash and try later. Thank you and the others that have helped. Much better than the limited help I got from Denon tech support. Good day.
After sleeping, try directly connecting the 4311 to your modem and retrying the update. Also, start the update, walk away, and come back at least an hour later.
post #23407 of 23410 Old Today, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by advriderjoe View Post
Hello Master Smoothie,

As you saw, i had the same problem, i let it ran for 7 hours, it rebooted every minute or so. I followed JDs suggestion and it worked. Just remember, its the up and down button on the avr, not remote! Same with the standby button! Not being smart here, but ive seen others think it was on the remote. It should resolve it. Did for me.

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #23408 of 23410 Old Today, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigfod View Post
I have also noticed the decoding issue with Netflix from time to time, good to know I am not alone.
I have also noticed a static issue when using my Apple TV to stream iTunes radio. The Apple TV is connected via optical cable. This issue made me think the center speaker was blown.
This static is the same as the Netflix static, and is present whether I use the optical or the HDMI cable.
I can't tell from your post, but AppleTV does not support Netflix Dolby Digital+, so if you are hearing static when listening to Netflix from the AppleTV, then it is a different issue.
post #23409 of 23410 Old Today, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Am I correct in assuming that the "Dolby volume" feature was only available on the 4311 ? I don't see it listed for the 4520 or the newer X4000 receivers.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page