The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 785 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #23521 of 23530 Old Today, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by netjumper View Post
Hi guys, in need of some help urgently! The audio stopped working through my 4311ci. I still get video. I have tried checking connections. Reseating hdmi. Rebooting my receiver and unplugging. I tried to reset the microprocessor and tried to rerun audussey but as soon as I get the menu the it run setup I cannot select it! Any ideas what could be wrong! Is receiver shot ?
If you can't run or don't hear the chirps from Audyssey then something is definitely wrong....If you can hear the chirps from Audyssey but don't have sound after ward it could be something got changed in the Sources menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23522 of 23530 Old Today, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
I need help with a possible placebo effect.

I use an Emotiva XPA-5 external amp, and I've been using the Denon's amps only to run the two back speakers.

For the heck of it, I put the Denon into "Pre Amp" mode. Yes, I lost the 2 rear channels, but I think the audio in the remaining 5.1 channels sounds better.

Am I nuts (placebo effect), or could the audio quality actually improve by turning off the Denon's amps?

Thanks!
I am guessing placebo effect unless you have hard to drive speakers or at a considerably loud volume and even then...
post #23523 of 23530 Old Today, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As soon as I plugin the mic to re-run audussey the menu locks up for me to even start the 1st step. Tried from remote and from buttons on receiver. I have to reboot to get out of it. Is there a procedure to reset the microprocessor. I don't know how long I have to wait for the display to start flashing. I held the buttons down for a good 30 secs but nothing flashed but I noticed the settings were reset.
post #23524 of 23530 Old Today, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
As soon as I plugin the mic to re-run audussey the menu locks up for me to even start the 1st step. Tried from remote and from buttons on receiver. I have to reboot to get out of it. Is there a procedure to reset the microprocessor. I don't know how long I have to wait for the display to start flashing. I held the buttons down for a good 30 secs but nothing flashed but I noticed the settings were reset.
The directions on how to reset the microprocessor are on page 138 in the owners manual but it appears you did it correctly.
{EDIT: I've seen JD mention to try reseating it several times if it doesn't take the first go round.}

Last edited by Zen Traveler; Today at 09:10 AM.
post #23525 of 23530 Old Today, 10:05 AM

Yeah.. Tried to reseat the mic several times, as soon as I plugin in the mic the audussey setup screen appears but unable to select start or do anything from remote or from avr. Never had. Problem with avr for 3 yrs and all of a sudden the audio stops working.
post #23526 of 23530 Old Today, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah.. Tried to reseat the mic several times, as soon as I plugin in the mic the audussey setup screen appears but unable to select start or do anything from remote or from avr. Never had. Problem with avr for 3 yrs and all of a sudden the audio stops working.
Well, when you say "audio stops working," it negates the fact that if the menu freezes when you try to run Audyssey it seems there is a larger problem that isn't necessarily audio related--I'm sorry for not being much help but of course if ti's within 3 years you still have warranty and regardless I would still contact Denon (If you put it on AMEX or a credit card that also extends the warranty out a year you may also have it covered). Good luck and perhaps others can help.
post #23527 of 23530 Old Today, 01:05 PM

Anyone know what does "DIG" means on the display. Not sure if I have ever seen this on the avr?
post #23528 of 23530 Old Today, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Digital. See pg 82 of the manual.

Last edited by smurraybhm; Today at 01:10 PM.
post #23529 of 23530 Old Today, 01:10 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked: 1437
Quote:
Anyone know what does "DIG" means on the display. Not sure if I have ever seen this on the avr?
That one is actually meant for your dog.
pbarach likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #23530 of 23530 Old Today, 01:16 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked: 1437
Quote:
There are two resets ...

Microprocessor reset: Press/hold the STANDARD + DSP SIMULATION buttons on front panel while powering on the unit (hold for 4-5 seconds)

Network reset: (includes microprocessor reset): Press/hold the UP + DOWN arrow buttons on front panel while powering on the unit (hold for 4-5 seconds)

If a single reset does not work, try 4-5 in a row.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page