The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 790 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #23671 of 23674 Old Yesterday, 02:58 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1494 Post(s)
Liked: 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post
I have a problem.
I was watching a movie that was streaming from my HTPC to the 4311, to TV when a brief power outage occurred. Seeing as I just had moved all my equipment around over the weekend because of a new projector I didn't have my battery backup hooked up yet. So now when I turn on the 4311 I get no audio or video. I tried a reset a few times and nothing. Did the hdmi board go out? I have my old Onkyo hooked up now and get audio and video through on this. Any advise is surely welcome.
Thanks
Curt
Try powering on the PJ first, wait a few seconds, the 4311CI, wait a few seconds, and then finally the HTPC. If no joy, then change the order up. Also give the HDMI HDCP reset a try as described in the link below. Note also the HTPC tips following the HDMI reset paragraph as well.

The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23672 of 23674 Old Yesterday, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Try powering on the PJ first, wait a few seconds, the 4311CI, wait a few seconds, and then finally the HTPC. If no joy, then change the order up. Also give the HDMI HDCP reset a try as described in the link below. Note also the HTPC tips following the HDMI reset paragraph as well.

The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
Thanks JD, but it looks like I will be giving you a call this morning, I tried all combinations of the reset and still no signal. I loved my 4311, it just did everything I needed. I guess I learned a valuable lesson to plug my backups in before I get all excited about everything else. Didn't really want to spend any money now on a new avr, since I have vacation coming up in 2 weeks, but will need to do something as I have a movie party planned, with the invites sent last week. I am looking forward to hearing what you can do for me.
Curt

Tux's Elusive 1099 (L/C/R)---Ascend CBM-170 SE (surrounds 9.2)---SVS PB 12 Plus---SVS PC 12 Plus---2 DIY 18's sealed--AVR Denon 4520CI---TV Vizio 70---Unraid 32TB Network Storage---Gateway SX 2370 HTPC with 120 SSD
post #23673 of 23674 Old Yesterday, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
The 4311CI can only play what it receives. This is likely a Netflix setting issue so ensure Netflix is set to 5.1 and not stereo.
You're correct it's a Netflix issue; the only available audio option in the Samsung Netflix app is "English (Stereo)." Apparently Netflix is aware of the problem. Thanks.
post #23674 of 23674 Old Today, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
^^
Try cycling the HDMI Control setting and then power both devices off. Power on the TV first, wait a few seconds, then power on the 4311. Then power off the TV. If still no joy, likely cheaper to just get a Harmony remote, not to mention it would provide a lot more functionality in controlling your other devices as well.
I've tried that multiple times to no avail. The really annoying part of it is that sometimes when I turn on the receiver and tv, the audio doesn't come through the receiver because of the handshaking issue. It's a pain but looks like the receiver will have to go back.
post #23675 of 23674 Old Today, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Then it's time for warranty service.
I've been experimenting a bit more and have noticed some puzzling patterns. The issue is most common when first powered on and seems to be only happening when BD input is selected which my PS3 is connected to. At the PS3 dashboard or when watching netflix, the problem can happen at any time. I just watched a full BD disc through my PS3 and there was no problems at all. I also have an xbox360 connected to the GAME input which doesn't seem to have any problems, although I seem to recall it happening occasionally in the past. When I switch the two connections so that the xbox is connected to the BD input and PS3 to GAME, the PS3 seems fine with netflix and the xbox seems fine too. I haven't put in hours and hours to see if there is any audio cut-out, but long enough that it would have normally acted up by now.

The nearest authorized repair center is a 1.25 hour drive each way so I'd like to make sure I've exhausted any potential DIY fixes.

Thanks for the help.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page