The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 801 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #24001 of 24006 Unread 02-27-2015, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1951 Post(s)
Liked: 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
I have not performed a firmware update in a couple years. I tried to connect to the server, and after numerous attempts, and getting a "connection failed" message, gave up. The AVR does connect to my home network, as I can play music from the PC in my office, but it will not connect to the internet. Is there any way to download the last firmware update to a usb stick and update that way?
If you can play local content, but can't get to the Internet, something must be wrong with your network configuration. I would check the default gateway and DNS settings. You can get the correct settings from any other device on your network that can successfully connect to the Internet.

I am unaware of any other way to update the firmware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24002 of 24006 Unread 02-27-2015, 08:23 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3080 Post(s)
Liked: 2008
Quote:
I have not performed a firmware update in a couple years. I tried to connect to the server, and after numerous attempts, and getting a "connection failed" message, gave up. The AVR does connect to my home network, as I can play music from the PC in my office, but it will not connect to the internet. Is there any way to download the last firmware update to a usb stick and update that way?
Although this is planned at some point in the future, not currently an option on USA models.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVS - We sell Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #24003 of 24006 Unread Yesterday, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
If you can play local content, but can't get to the Internet, something must be wrong with your network configuration. I would check the default gateway and DNS settings. You can get the correct settings from any other device on your network that can successfully connect to the Internet.

I am unaware of any other way to update the firmware.

Well I wasted a couple hours trying to get this damn thing to talk to the internet. Nothing. I even copied the entire network protocols from my Oppo that's sitting right next to it (and connects flawlessly). My network sees it, and I gave it full permission, even made sure it was not blocked by a firewall or Norton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Although this is planned at some point in the future, not currently an option on USA models.
I hope so, cause this stupid thing isn't connecting.
post #24004 of 24006 Unread Yesterday, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Did you see if your router is noting the Denon in its IP list?
Try a different cable?
Are you using DHCP or manual?
post #24005 of 24006 Unread Today, 12:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you can connect to your local network there is a good chance that you should be able to connect to the Internet too as long as the Default Gateway is specified and correct in the network settings.
Having said that, I've seen issues with connecting to Denon's servers and being able to update the firmware if the receiver is not registered at Denon's website. No harm double checking that.

Raj
post #24006 of 24006 Unread Today, 12:38 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Well I wasted a couple hours trying to get this damn thing to talk to the internet. Nothing. I even copied the entire network protocols from my Oppo that's sitting right next to it (and connects flawlessly). My network sees it, and I gave it full permission, even made sure it was not blocked by a firewall or Norton.

I hope so, cause this stupid thing isn't connecting.
Can you connect to the receiver's web page? Put the IP address of the AVR-4311 into a web browser and you should see a web page where you can access the settings and control the AVR. If you can get this far, you at least know that the AVR-4311 is connected to your home network properly and that the network port on it is working. If you can't get this far, then focus on getting this to work before worrying about accessing things outside your home, such as firmware updates.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Audyssey , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon
Gear in this thread