The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 814 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 812  813  814
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK]
Sam S's Avatar Sam S 05:52 PM 01-01-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddell View Post
After many years, I just received a notification of a new firmware update for the AVR-4311ci today. I applied it - went smoothly as far as I can tell. Having trouble finding the particulars on the Denon site - can't even get a firmware number. Anyone know the deets on this. Thanks and Happy New Year. I do have (have had) the Apple Airplay firmware update - don't know if this is related at all.

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure the last firmware we got was in October 2014 to fix the DD+ issue. You may just now be getting notification of it. Mine does not find any new firmware.

If you turn the unit off, then old down the Status and Return buttons on the front panel while simultaneously turning the unit back on (hold Status + Return until power button stops blinking), you can check you firmware version. You press the Status button repeatedly to cycle through the various versions. The relevant versions are:

Main A0.70
Main ROM A0.70

DSP1 61.11
DSP2 62.14

^^ if you have something different, please let us know.

wilbur_the_goose's Avatar wilbur_the_goose 09:01 AM 01-03-2016
I think the firmware update is related to Pandora.

I just plugged in my 4311 for the first time in a year (moved it to my home office), and it can't find the firmware to update. No biggie, because I can do all I need, Pandora-wise, with AirPlay.
wilbur_the_goose's Avatar wilbur_the_goose 09:01 AM 01-03-2016
I think the firmware update is related to Pandora.

I just plugged in my 4311 for the first time in a year (moved it to my home office), and it can't find the firmware to update. No biggie, because I can do all I need, Pandora-wise, with AirPlay.
ddell's Avatar ddell 12:46 PM 01-04-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
I'm pretty sure the last firmware we got was in October 2014 to fix the DD+ issue. You may just now be getting notification of it. Mine does not find any new firmware.

If you turn the unit off, then old down the Status and Return buttons on the front panel while simultaneously turning the unit back on (hold Status + Return until power button stops blinking), you can check you firmware version. You press the Status button repeatedly to cycle through the various versions. The relevant versions are:

Main A0.70
Main ROM A0.70

DSP1 61.11
DSP2 62.14

^^ if you have something different, please let us know.
Thanks for the instructions on checking, Sam S. I am on the same Main, Main ROM, DSP1, and DSP2 codes you listed. Don't understand their many codes enough to know if the firmware update might have changed some other codes.
Sam S's Avatar Sam S 12:53 PM 01-04-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddell View Post
Thanks for the instructions on checking, Sam S. I am on the same Main, Main ROM, DSP1, and DSP2 codes you listed. Don't understand their many codes enough to know if the firmware update might have changed some other codes.
Most likely your unit was just "late" to notify you of the most current firmware, i.e. you're now on the same one that some of us have been using a while
nitebell's Avatar nitebell 10:14 AM 01-06-2016
I'm not sure what this is telling me, can someone please translate for me. Thanks in advance.

wilbur_the_goose's Avatar wilbur_the_goose 10:45 AM 01-06-2016
^^^
I wouldn't worry about that - just shows your speakers' bass levels were lowered by Audyssey and the highs slightly raised.

How does it sound?
nitebell's Avatar nitebell 11:23 AM 01-06-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
^^^
I wouldn't worry about that - just shows your speakers' bass levels were lowered by Audyssey and the highs slightly raised.

How does it sound?
Wilbur
They sound great, I was just cornfussed about the meaning of the graft but if I understand you "pardon my ignorance" that graft is showing me what Audyssey had to adjust to equalize my room?
batpig's Avatar batpig 03:44 PM 01-06-2016
The graph is showing the CORRECTION applied to the speakers to get them to the target curve.
nitebell's Avatar nitebell 07:52 AM 01-07-2016
Thanks for the advise folks. This is the number one place to get good answers.
macarena's Avatar macarena 03:12 PM 01-31-2016
I have a concern, pls lmk what I should do. Cleaning lady dusted the top of my receiver w a duster , I think the dust that was on top of the receiver, on the vent, went in. I was playing pandora and it stopped for a brief second and then it turned on , 2X. I turned it off and haven't turned it on. Could the dust have caused this, never has done it. I live in west tx, its dusty here. Should I worry? I was thinking about disassembling and air cleaning. Pls advise , Ty
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie 03:53 PM 01-31-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by macarena View Post
I have a concern, pls lmk what I should do. Cleaning lady dusted the top of my receiver w a duster , I think the dust that was on top of the receiver, on the vent, went in. I was playing pandora and it stopped for a brief second and then it turned on , 2X. I turned it off and haven't turned it on. Could the dust have caused this, never has done it. I live in west tx, its dusty here. Should I worry? I was thinking about disassembling and air cleaning. Pls advise , Ty
As the unit is way out of warranty, certainly wouldn't hurt to pop the top and blow some compressed air to clean the dust out.
Tags: Audyssey , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon
First ... 812  813  814

Up