The "Official" Denon AVR-4311CI/AVR-A100 thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 818 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 95Likes

Old 05-30-2016, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by a aa View Post
Got it, thanks djos. Haven't opened that door since I installed the receiver a couple of years ago.

Hehe, I suspected that was the case.

The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2016, 03:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Everybody there, Got somme annoying issues with my Denon 4311. Can no more store odyssey settings, in fact the calibration process work with no problem but after next standby audyssey presets disppear !

Another issue is related to the standby red light led that doesn't light anymore when the denon is in standby mode.

Lastly a GUI display problem on the net/usb which displays on front panel but not on TV screen.

Many Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:35 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9367 Post(s)
Liked: 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamikam View Post
Hi Everybody there, Got somme annoying issues with my Denon 4311. Can no more store odyssey settings, in fact the calibration process work with no problem but after next standby audyssey presets disppear !

Another issue is related to the standby red light led that doesn't light anymore when the denon is in standby mode.

Lastly a GUI display problem on the net/usb which displays on front panel but not on TV screen.

Many Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

1. By disappear, do you mean "greyed out" and a message displays that Audyssey must be run? Try doing a "soft reset" by powering off and unplugging the 4311 for 10 minutes. If no joy, then do a microprocessor reset (p. 138 Owner's manual).
2. As noted on p.13 of the Owner's manual, the Standby light only lights when "HDMI Control" or "Network Standby" are ON.
3. This may be resolved by the microprocessor reset, otherwise, if not, repair would be next option.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. By disappear, do you mean "greyed out" and a message displays that Audyssey must be run? Try doing a "soft reset" by powering off and unplugging the 4311 for 10 minutes. If no joy, then do a microprocessor reset (p. 138 Owner's manual).
2. As noted on p.13 of the Owner's manual, the Standby light only lights when "HDMI Control" or "Network Standby" are ON.
3. This may be resolved by the microprocessor reset, otherwise, if not, repair would be next option.
Hi,

The denon works now in very erratic way
It becomes even worst , now i have audio drops and i hear clear "clics" within the amplifier. I will try to check the speaker and cdmi cables and do complete reset.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Odd behavior by my 4311ci

My receiver is hooked up to the internet and is functioning properly.
However from time to time and sometimes during a movie, it will turn itself on unattended and change its source to USB/NET.
This is especially annoying when watching a movie.

Any suggestions as to what is happening....is my internet connections causing this problem....should I remove internet hookup.

All advice is welcomed

-Pete
Old 06-17-2016, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Yeah I don't know man. Mine started doing similar things before I replaced it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My equipment: JVC RS-55, SI Performance 120" 1.3 gain, OPPO BDP-105, ANTHEM MRX-1120, Roomie-iPad, QNAP 469L NAS, ROKU 4, ATV, DTV HR34-500, PS3, XBOX 360. ML Source (F), Matinee (C), MotionFX (S), Motion4 (.4), (2) Depth-i subs. M/ASlim5 Rack, CalMAN 5 Enthusiast/C6 meter.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogaxis View Post
Yeah I don't know man. Mine started doing similar things before I replaced it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply...guess I am not the only one....

Anybody know of a fix....hopefully its only a menu fix.

Thanks-Pete

Forgot to mention my projector in an Infocus IN83, which should have nothing to do with this issue because it is turned off whenever this happens.

Last edited by BFI6603; 06-17-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFI6603 View Post

However from time to time and sometimes during a movie, it will turn itself on unattended and change its source to USB/NET.

Any suggestions as to what is happening....is my internet connections causing this problem....should I remove internet hookup.

All advice is welcomed

-Pete
Ever use an external device such a tablet or phone to stream through your Denon that's still on the network?

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears,PA 120 12" Sub,klipsch R-10SW
Old 06-17-2016, 11:18 PM

Yes i have....(ipad, iphone and laptop). I also have the Denon App.

-Pete
Old 06-17-2016, 11:22 PM

I also stream movies via a ROKU stick and a Panasonic Blu-ray player.

-Pete
Old 06-17-2016, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

It's possible one of those devices is switching the Denon. If memory is correct, I believe I've read about that here before.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Old 06-17-2016, 11:58 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Yes i have....(ipad, iphone and laptop). I also have the Denon App.

-Pete
If not already doing so ... when finished streaming the network source, press the "black box" STOP button on the remote to end the network streaming vs. simply turn the AVR off or changing to another source.
BFI6603 and bigdogaxis like this.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:

If not already doing so ... when finished streaming the network source, press the "black box" STOP button on the remote to end the network streaming vs. simply turn the AVR off or changing to another source.
Will give that a try.....

-Pete
Old 06-18-2016, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

All advice is welcomed

-Pete
I had a similar problem a while back. Turned out that I had a PC that was sending Wake-on-Lan signals to my whole network. I ended up turning WOL off on the PC and the problem went away.

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
Old 06-18-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipszyc View Post
I had a similar problem a while back. Turned out that I had a PC that was sending Wake-on-Lan signals to my whole network. I ended up turning WOL off on the PC and the problem went away.
I realize every operating system is different but where should Ilook for this WOL feature on my PC

Thanks-Pete

Last edited by BFI6603; 06-18-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I realize every operating system is different but where should Ilook for this WOL feature on my PC

Thanks-Pete
You'll have to Google it for your specific model. It varies. Some it's in BIOS and some it's done in network settings.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Old 06-19-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
You'll have to Google it for your specific model. It varies. Some it's in BIOS and some it's done in network settings.
Thanks......I,will do that!
-Pete
Old 06-19-2016, 06:24 AM

Smile

Quote:

Thank you, jdsmoothie....I tried your fix first.....so far so good. It appears to be working now as it should!

-Pete
Old 06-20-2016, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I think my HDMI board might be gone. Audio and video are dead except for my HD Radio input. If I switch to another input and then go back to HD Radio, that is dead too. I'm now getting a solid red power button after powering down. I see several scenarios in the troubleshooting guide about flashing red power buttons, but nothing for a solid red power button. Am I now the proud owner of a $1200 paper weight?

I have it unplugged for a soft reset and will try a microprocessor reset if that doesn't work. Regarding the processor reset, does it matter if I press and hold the up & down arrows as mentioned in some of these posts vs. the "standard" and "dsp simulation" buttons mentioned in the manual? Same results? Any other ideas?

FWIW, I've never done a firmware upgrade in the 4 years I've owned the unit. From what I can tell from the FW summaries, that won't really help me.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:36 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
I think my HDMI board might be gone. Audio and video are dead except for my HD Radio input. If I switch to another input and then go back to HD Radio, that is dead too. I'm now getting a solid red power button after powering down. I see several scenarios in the troubleshooting guide about flashing red power buttons, but nothing for a solid red power button. Am I now the proud owner of a $1200 paper weight?

I have it unplugged for a soft reset and will try a microprocessor reset if that doesn't work. Regarding the processor reset, does it matter if I press and hold the up & down arrows as mentioned in some of these posts vs. the "standard" and "dsp simulation" buttons mentioned in the manual? Same results? Any other ideas?

FWIW, I've never done a firmware upgrade in the 4 years I've owned the unit. From what I can tell from the FW summaries, that won't really help me.
1. When the unit has powered down, the sollid red light simply means you either have HDMI Control or Network Standby enabled.
2. UP/DOWN arrow procedure is a NETWORK RESET which resets the network card + microprocessor reset while the standard microprocessor reset in the manual simply resets the microprocessor. In this instance, not likely to matter which one you do; however, try doing several in a row before giving up on it.

------------

Old 06-20-2016, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, the red light is bugging me. I'm 95% sure that the power button simply went dark when I used to power down, but everything I'm reading says it stays red. Is there a setting somewhere where I might have previously had that turned off (set to go dark rather than red)?
Old 06-20-2016, 09:53 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
Yeah, the red light is bugging me. I'm 95% sure that the power button simply went dark when I used to power down, but everything I'm reading says it stays red. Is there a setting somewhere where I might have previously had that turned off (set to go dark rather than red)?
Yup. Please read item 1 in my previous post. You can also refer to p. 13 in your Owner's manual.

------------

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 06-20-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, jdsmoothie. Hdmi control got turned on. That solves 1 problem. Troubleshooting hdmi ports now.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:20 AM

Liked: 10
Want to use RC-1148 remote in zone 2/3.

I'm not familiar with IR and the lingo for it. I see that there is a jack in the back of the receiver. I somewhat understand the concept of attached emitters to the face of the devices, etc. I find it comical that the manual for the AVR-4311CI implies that the RC-1148 remote can be magically used in another zone...out of the box.

In my case, I want the simplest setup to allow me to use the remote in zone 2...mostly for volume/mute control. Can I just setup an IR receiver (is that the correct term) in that zone that plugs into the back of the receiver? I don't want to disrupt the IR receiving on the face of the receiver for normal use in the main zone. If I got some sort or RF repeater, can that be plugged into that jack on the back with the companion device in zone 2 (kitchen/great room)?

I have speakers on the back up the house under the eves for zone 3. It would be cool to have something similar to handle that zone as well.

Thanks, Steve
Old 06-20-2016, 12:40 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson317 View Post
I'm not familiar with IR and the lingo for it. I see that there is a jack in the back of the receiver. I somewhat understand the concept of attached emitters to the face of the devices, etc. I find it comical that the manual for the AVR-4311CI implies that the RC-1148 remote can be magically used in another zone...out of the box.

In my case, I want the simplest setup to allow me to use the remote in zone 2...mostly for volume/mute control. Can I just setup an IR receiver (is that the correct term) in that zone that plugs into the back of the receiver? I don't want to disrupt the IR receiving on the face of the receiver for normal use in the main zone. If I got some sort or RF repeater, can that be plugged into that jack on the back with the companion device in zone 2 (kitchen/great room)?

I have speakers on the back up the house under the eves for zone 3. It would be cool to have something similar to handle that zone as well.

Thanks, Steve
Another option if you have the 4311CI connected to your home's modem/router is to use one of the Denon smart phone remote apps (AVR-Remote (Android), DeRemote (iOS)) to control Zones 2/3.

------------

Old 06-20-2016, 02:21 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Another option if you have the 4311CI connected to your home's modem/router is to use one of the Denon smart phone remote apps (AVR-Remote (Android), DeRemote (iOS)) to control Zones 2/3.
Thanks. I had that thought too. But both Andoid apps that I downloaded and installed (Denon Remote App or Denon 2016 AVR Remote v 1.1.0) stated my device wasn't supported after I typed in the IP address.

Thanks, Steve
Old 06-20-2016, 07:15 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson317 View Post
Thanks. I had that thought too. But both Andoid apps that I downloaded and installed (Denon Remote App or Denon 2016 AVR Remote v 1.1.0) stated my device wasn't supported after I typed in the IP address.

Thanks, Steve
Correct. Your model is too old for those apps; however, the AVR-Remote android app should work just fine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vrremote&hl=en

------------

Old Today, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
RC-1145 Remote Volume button is sticking.

Volume button is sticking on remote. Might just need cleaning but I cannot find way to open up remote. Does not appear to have any screws or accessible catch releases.

Unknown if prying along seams is the solution or if that might damage remote.

Is remote permanently factory sealed?

Any suggestions on how to open?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Audyssey , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Denon Avr A100 100th Anniversary 9 2 140w , Denon