Strange Pioneer VSX-920-K and XBox 360 Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-03-2010, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have my XBox 360 hooked up to my Pioneer VSX-920-K receiver via HDMI, and my receiver hooked up to my TV via HDMI.

When I set my XBox audio output to Digital Stereo, there is a strange issue where the first second or so of audio does not play. The best way to describe it would be a crappy voice activated recorder that clips off the first part of whatever you say. So if I move through the menus, I don't hear the first sound effect, but I hear subsequent ones as long as they are closely spaced. If I stop and wait a second, then move through again, the first sound again doesn't play. It's as if the audio processor goes to sleep every time sound stops, and takes a second to wake up.

This doesn't happen when setting the output to Dolby Digital, so normally I wouldn't care. However, the XBox seems to like to use regular stereo for some videos, even with Dolby Digital selected, and I see the same issue when it does.

If I hook the XBox straight to the TV via HDMI, the problem does not exist.

Any one else experience this?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use to have a Pioneer VSX-519 for a few days and then returned it. I returned it to the store because of the same problem you're having plus it had a quiet pop sound a few seconds after the click if the clicks were spaced out long enough. I know a person that owns a VSX-1120 and he doesn't have that problem. I also used to have a Sony home theater in a box system for a few days and I would get that problem when running the Xbox 360 in stereo mode but without the pop sound, but it didn't happen in dolby digital mode. I returned that one for a different reason though.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page