Forum Jump: 

post #3751 of 3830 Old 08-12-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Purchased Oct 2010.

1. Intermittent HDMI connection failure started after over two years of flawless performance. Several months ago video connection with my Pioneer Kuro 151 started to fail intermittently. If left on after 5-10 minutes it started to play ok. Two full resets did not solve the issue.
2. I replaced the 80.2 with a Marantz 8801 in my TV set up. There were no problems after that in the TV room.
3. I moved the 80.2 to a sound only (no HDMI connections) application using a RCA digital coax input Logitech Squeezetouch) or FM radio. This worked for a while, but after 1 month there was no sound from the unit. Ethernet connectivity was also gone. The DC triggers did work.
4. I unplugged and re-plugged several times. The sound came back as well as Ethernet connectivity. I put the unit in standby that night. The following morning I had the same issues and solutions. I then contacted Integra service and was advised to send the unit in under warranty. .
5. While waiting for the shipping label I have found that as long as I leave the 80.2 on, it will work-. Putting it in standby and then trying to start up again leads to the problems described above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3752 of 3830 Old 08-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

I sent mine to ALL TECH ELECTRONICS which is in NJ. 5 days is fantastic. At most I thought it would be 10 business days but we are past that. Plus there was no talk about a replacement. I figure they can't grow the part themselves so I just have to wait. Even though it still stinks.

Mike, I see that you have been posting in the SubM thread. Have you gotten your processor back yet?

--Carl
post #3753 of 3830 Old 08-12-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

These HDMI boards must have some real issues. I can only hope that the replacements have fixed the issue.

My old 885 pre pro and 805 receiver are still working fine.
post #3754 of 3830 Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

These HDMI boards must have some real issues. I can only hope that the replacements have fixed the issue.

My old 885 pre pro and 805 receiver are still working fine.
Those appear to be safe we have yet to have either of those models fail .
post #3755 of 3830 Old 08-13-2013, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post

Mike, I see that you have been posting in the SubM thread. Have you gotten your processor back yet?
Just saw this post today. Nope. I have not gotten it back yet. 44 days and counting. And I have very little faith it will be anytime soon, I think they are supposed to get a batch in at some point this month but who knows if "mine" is in that bunch.

It ain't easy being green.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3756 of 3830 Old 08-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Another one bites the dust. Three weeks ago I turned my DHC 80.2 on it did not produce any audio. I restarted the unit and it worked normally. Since then the audio issue grew worse, it would take approximately 10 restarts to get the audio to work, yesterday I finally sent it out for repair. Hopefully service center ABL Electronics in MI will have my unit back to me, fully repaired and in a timely matter.
post #3757 of 3830 Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 AM

Liked: 10
Just an update on my situation, the repair place has made the recommendation that my 80.2 should be replaced. Talked to Integra, they told me that if they can't find a brand new 80.2 they will replace it with an 80.3 or an 80.4. I'm assuming the guy didn't know what he was talking about with the .4, but I can hope!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is my very, very outdated website.
post #3758 of 3830 Old 08-25-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1431 Post(s)
Liked: 1711
Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post

Just an update on my situation, the repair place has made the recommendation that my 80.2 should be replaced. Talked to Integra, they told me that if they can't find a brand new 80.2 they will replace it with an 80.3 or an 80.4. I'm assuming the guy didn't know what he was talking about with the .4, but I can hope!

That's a good deal for you. They never made the Onkyo 5509 available in the USA, so maybe they are about to introduce the 80.4?? Onkyo usually release new models in the Autumn/Fall so maybe....

But you will be just as delighted with a new 80.3 I am sure. Hope they get a move on with it for you.

post #3759 of 3830 Old 08-25-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

Just saw this post today. Nope. I have not gotten it back yet. 44 days and counting. And I have very little faith it will be anytime soon, I think they are supposed to get a batch in at some point this month but who knows if "mine" is in that bunch.

Hey Mike... don't tell me you have had no HT for 44 days!!  Please no...

I don't think I could go that long without my HT. In fact, there is no way I could go that long, so I hope you have some sort of temporary replacement until you get your unit back.  When I upgraded to my Onkyo 5008, and then later to my current 5509 prepro, I kept my old 705 in my attic 'just in case'. The 705 is a good step back from the 5509 (especially wrt to Audyssey - it is an XT unit) but it has preouts to drive my amps and would 'keep me going' if my 5509 ever needs service.

post #3760 of 3830 Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

I don't think I could go that long without my HT. In fact, there is no way I could go that long, so I hope you have some sort of temporary replacement until you get your unit back.  When I upgraded to my Onkyo 5008, and then later to my current 5509 prepro, I kept my old 705 in my attic 'just in case'. The 705 is a good step back from the 5509 (especially wrt to Audyssey - it is an XT unit) but it has preouts to drive my amps and would 'keep me going' if my 5509 ever needs service.

I am worse off than you. I now have a DHC-9.9, DHC-80.1, DHC-80.2 & now a DHC-80.3 all boxed in storage. I boxed
my DHC-80.2 after the repair because making the change back was too much work even though I thought it sounded better
than my current DHC-80.3.

One of these days I will have to make a decision on what to continue to keep. Perhaps a DHC-80.4?

--Carl
post #3761 of 3830 Old 08-25-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

80.5 is around the corner . You might check out the marantz 8801.
post #3762 of 3830 Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 65
How many feel the 80.2 sounds better than the 80.3? With or without Audyssey?

Main Kef: Reference 205/2 & 202/2c, Surrounds: Kef XQ40, Velodyne Optimum 12, Integra DHC 80.3, Oppo BDP-103, Bryston 4Bsst2, Parasound Halo A31. Second B&W: 685 (3), CCM618, Def Tech Powerfield 1500, Onkyo TX-NR1008, DBP 2010, Samsung BD-C7900, Zone 2 Klipsch AW650. Sitting still CCM616, Kef...
post #3763 of 3830 Old 08-25-2013, 08:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post

How many feel the 80.2 sounds better than the 80.3? With or without Audyssey?

And, in the absence of a proper ABX rig for blind testing, what would that 'feeling' be worth? ;)

post #3764 of 3830 Old 08-25-2013, 08:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I am worse off than you. I now have a DHC-9.9, DHC-80.1, DHC-80.2 & now a DHC-80.3 all boxed in storage. I boxed
my DHC-80.2 after the repair because making the change back was too much work even though I thought it sounded better
than my current DHC-80.3.

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

post #3765 of 3830 Old 08-27-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

We are above 50 days now(maybe 57?). I might as well give another update here because I don't think I have given an update in a little while.
Here is the progression so Far
This is directly from Integra. I asked them what I could expect. A referbished unit, new in box 80.2(if the have any left) or a 80.3. This is the reply I got back
"HI Michael,

If your unit was under warranty when it went to the service enter you would be getting a new unit. As far as the model if we do not have any of your model we would send you the most comparable model which in your case might be dhc-80.3.

Thanks"

I have also been emailing Integra and asking them what the plan is. They said they needed the old one before they could send out the new one. As soon as they get the shipping info from the store they would send me the new unit. Of course it never goes as planed. I called up the service place today to see if they sent it out. They said they were going to do it today but... The store said they have about 75 items they are shipping out so they could not guarantee that I would get the info today. Sure enough, nothing. So now I have to wait until I get conformation from the store that they sent it and then hope that they send me the tracking info so I can send that to Integra so they can send me a new preamp. So about 55 days and counting. But it will be longer than that because I need help installing it again and I have a feeling that the people I have helping me are going to be busy in the near future. I mean, I don't begrudge it all. They are doing me a favor but if I don't get it this week, it might be a lot longer before I am up and running again.

post #3766 of 3830 Old 08-27-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:

We are above 50 days now(maybe 57?). I might as well give another update here because I don't think I have given an update in a little while.
Here is the progression so Far
This is directly from Integra. I asked them what I could expect. A referbished unit, new in box 80.2(if the have any left) or a 80.3. This is the reply I got back
"HI Michael,

If your unit was under warranty when it went to the service enter you would be getting a new unit. As far as the model if we do not have any of your model we would send you the most comparable model which in your case might be dhc-80.3.

Thanks"

I have also been emailing Integra and asking them what the plan is. They said they needed the old one before they could send out the new one. As soon as they get the shipping info from the store they would send me the new unit. Of course it never goes as planed. I called up the service place today to see if they sent it out. They said they were going to do it today but... The store said they have about 75 items they are shipping out so they could not guarantee that I would get the info today. Sure enough, nothing. So now I have to wait until I get conformation from the store that they sent it and then hope that they send me the tracking info so I can send that to Integra so they can send me a new preamp. So about 55 days and counting. But it will be longer than that because I need help installing it again and I have a feeling that the people I have helping me are going to be busy in the near future. I mean, I don't begrudge it all. They are doing me a favor but if I don't get it this week, it might be a lot longer before I am up and running again.

Well, I hope it arrives real soon, Mike. You must be experiencing severe withdrawal....

post #3767 of 3830 Old 08-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Sorry to hear that. It is a crying shame. As I had said earlier, being spooked by the prospect of a long
lead time is why I ended up with a DHC-80.3. With all the input devices, I had to make changes to the
way the connections were made. There is a single power button on the remote & these days I use it
to power down the system. Bringing the system up I push the "receiver" button and then whatever
device I wish to be using. (IE: TV, TIVO, CD, Laser Disk, DVHS, OPTO BDP-93, Net, Port [HD Radio], Etc.)

--Carl
post #3768 of 3830 Old 08-27-2013, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

I got an email saying the store sent it back to Integra. I also sent Integra that message and I will send it again tomorrow. I was told that once they get that message, my replacement, whatever it is, will be shipped right out. We shall see how long that takes.
Edit. Now that I read the email more carefully, it says that a UPS label was created. It doesn't mean that they shipped it yet. I really hope it goes out tomorrow.

post #3769 of 3830 Old 08-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Did they provide you the tracking number? Include the tracking number to Integra.

--Carl
post #3770 of 3830 Old 08-28-2013, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

The email I got does have a tracking feature. As of this morning 7:19 am it says "on vehicle for Delivery today." It looks like it went out 5:40am. It says it should be there by the end of business day today. Now I just have to give the tracking number to the guy I have been talking to at Integra and I think he will send out which ever new one I am getting.
The "TO" section is the same address that the Integra guy has in his signature in his emails.

post #3771 of 3830 Old 08-29-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Since I have been updating in here, and some people might want to know, I have a resolution. Here is the email I got today. I have been talking with Integra for a while now.

"Hi Mike,

I have passed your order to our order department and it shoud be shipping out today I will be able to provide you a tracking number tomorrow when it becomes available, the replacement unit will be a new DHC80.3.

Thanks for your patience"

Don't forget, I have been waiting for 60 days for this to be resolved. But I will say that once I formally contacted Integra myself, it was better then trying to deal with the repair shop. So we shall see when I get it.

post #3772 of 3830 Old 08-29-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

This is great to learn. My 80.2 is now at United in Syracuse waiting for parts. We shall see.
post #3773 of 3830 Old 08-29-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is great to learn. My 80.2 is now at United in Syracuse waiting for parts. We shall see.
I hope it works out for you. It's only good news for me because I had the ability (strength) to wait over 44 days before I started really making some calls. You may have to wait a bit and first try the service center a few times. Only then should you contact Integra directly. And of course, I make no promises that what happened to me will happen for anybody else. But it would nice if it did.

post #3774 of 3830 Old 08-29-2013, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

United sent me an email saying parts were expected in two weeks.
post #3775 of 3830 Old 08-30-2013, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

United sent me an email saying parts were expected in two weeks.
Two weeks is not too bad. I hope it works out good for you.

post #3776 of 3830 Old 08-30-2013, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

It looks like I will be getting my 80.3 next Tue 9/3.

post #3777 of 3830 Old 08-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Good news.
post #3778 of 3830 Old 08-31-2013, 03:01 AM

Liked: 12
Sorry to hear the sad story of 50 plus days to get your unit back. I have to say when mine went I did not go back to the store. I went to Integra and got back a list of authorized repair centers. Went direct to one of them and had my unit back in about 2 weeks or 10 business days. That being said if I recall my unit is just about 3 years old or close to it at this point the 80.3 is at least a year, year and a half old. I would venture a guess that part of the problem is they simply stopped making replacement boards for the 80.2 at some point they are going to look at the cost and the warrenty period and say its cheaper to replace then to fix um. Sounds like we are at that point. I also recall Integra saying they would repair all units with the HDMI board or cable problem so even if you are out of warrenty its worth sending in and worth a push on them if they play the out of warrenty card.

I have.... knock on wood not had the problem come up a second time. For those that do have to send the unit out I was pleasently surprised when I got my unit back that I was able to restore my original settings. There is a way to save and restore your configuration..... check the manual...it came in very handy for me and was a confirmation that it was in fact my unit they sent back and not some b stock swap out. Have not had that come up but I would have to think if they do in fact stand behind the statement that they will address the issue even if out of warrenty you may have to settle for a refurb 80.3

This is an expensive hobby and most of us at least in days gone by used to sell our old to help purchase new. It seems the value of most of our audio gear especially in HT, and even 2 ch. given the pace of digital is not worth enough to make the hassel of selling it worth it any longer. I still have my old AVP2 up an running in a second system as well as an AVP1 in storage.... neither will keep up with the format wars but they will do in a pinch if the Integra does go down. Seems a sorry state of affairs when the majority of us seem to keep spare parts becuase we know how bad the service in HiFi usually is. If it helps I think Integra has at least for me been fair.... maybe not fast but at least fair.
post #3779 of 3830 Old 08-31-2013, 06:59 AM

Liked: 10
Just an update on my situation, I called Onkyo again, and they stated they haven't received the 80.2 yet or it hasn't been processed yet. He reiterated the fact that since it was under warranty still I would recive an 80.3 OR 80.4. I fully expect that I will not receive an 80.4 because I haven't heard any info about it existence. But I'm hoping!

This is my very, very outdated website.
post #3780 of 3830 Old 08-31-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I sent mine to an authorized repair center as well, not the store I bought it at. I mean, I did not drive it there my self but they got it the day after I sent it. I can follow the transit. So it still says Tues is the delivery date. I was not expecting a 80.3 but I will take it smile.gif.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page