post #451 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by meller127 View Post

I saw some posts on 5008 and some people did get there networking sorted out with Cat6 cables.

I hear ya, and we'll never know. But I suspect that it was likely just switching to a different cable not that it was CAT6.

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
When I do have network working , I do not connect to Pandora. I asked the. Integra support person about this. He said it was part of the same problem. He also said static would not help. I do have my dtv Dtr setup with static.

I am hoping a new firmware release will address this issue so will wait until that comes out before changing to static ip.
post #453 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
One thing I'm curious about for us who are having ethernet/network issues is how will we update when new firmware is released? Gonna be a pain in the ass to take it back to the dealer.

post #454 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 05:35 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallister View Post

One thing I'm curious about for us who are having ethernet/network issues is how will we update when new firmware is released? Gonna be a pain in the ass to take it back to the dealer.

Do we know that ethernet is the only way to do that? RS232 doesn't work for that anymore?
post #455 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

download zip file via internet to usb flash drive then use usb port in front. Pushing net/usb several times on the remote gets you there.
post #456 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Ahhh ha!!, thanks guys looks like I won't have to take back to dealer! USB sounds easiest to me. Hopefully this update will be out soon.

post #457 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Ahhh ha!!, thanks guys looks like I won't have to take back to dealer! USB sounds easiest to me. Hopefully this update will be out soon.

Generally speaking I always prefer to do my upgrades via usb as I have more faith in that being uninterrupted than my internet connection. That isn't to say I don't have a stable internet connection, I just have more piece of mind that way, it makes me feel like I have less 'moving parts' if you will.
post #458 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

This morning

1. no sound- then I turned off the integra and turned it back on. all worked It was not sequences for HDMI handshaking. I will turn on TV and Direct TV HR-20 1st before the integra- then amps. Something to do with amps on sequence. It may be that the Integra needs ti be in before amps or switched on. I will check. None of these worked.

2. Network

All worked over night!! I signed into Pandora and I am now listening to music. Still on after two days.

Was it the server in the sky or local that is working now?
post #459 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

When I do have network working , I do not connect to Pandora. I asked the. Integra support person about this. He said it was part of the same problem. He also said static would not help. I do have my dtv Dtr setup with static.

I am hoping a new firmware release will address this issue so will wait until that comes out before changing to static ip.

I'm in Canada, so I can't actually get Pandora... until I can figure out how to configure my wireless bridge to use my US VPN, but that's another story (Any DD-WRT experts out there? I'm struggling)

I did select the Pandora option for the fun it though and it gives an error, one that doesn't indicate I am being blocked by region, so i was curious to hear if anyone got Pandora working with the 80.2 as it was one of the selling features for me.
post #460 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post

I'm in Canada, so I can't actually get Pandora... until I can figure out how to configure my wireless bridge to use my US VPN, but that's another story (Any DD-WRT experts out there? I'm struggling)

I did select the Pandora option for the fun it though and it gives an error, one that doesn't indicate I am being blocked by region, so i was curious to hear if anyone got Pandora working with the 80.2 as it was one of the selling features for me.

shoulda bought a unit from across the border--would not have that problemo !
post #461 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio View Post

Is there anyone who upgraded from the 80.1 to the 80.2 that thinks it was worth the upgrade?

I know the biggest difference is with the Audyssey XT32 but unless your room is really bad it seems like staying with the 80.1 and skipping the 80.2 until a new version comes out might be a wise choice.

I will be doing that upgrade within two weeks, and comparing them side by side. On paper, XT 32 seems worth it to me and I have a buyer for my 80.1.
post #462 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post

it worked for me this morning. Last night I had a connect issue. Support said this was all part of the ehthernet issue they are trying to address. Now working for two days.
post #463 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

shoulda bought a unit from across the border--would not have that problemo !

Is it determined by the pre/pro or Pandora by IP address?
post #464 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Is it determined by the pre/pro or Pandora by IP address?

I did buy mine in the states, I'm pretty sure it is by ip. It is on my iPad and laptop, which I can work around with my VPN, but the 80.2 does not have an option for VPN, so I will need to figure out how to configure my bridge to use my VPN.
post #465 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I am having an issue with no sound being produced from a cold start. After this happens I turn my system and start again. Once my surrounds and subs worked but not my front three speakers. Most times however there is nothing. I have checked my connections and also changed the order of devices that go on with different delays. Results are the same cold start no sound. Second time around all ok. XLR connections. Same problem with tuner or DTV.

2nd time around all works ok.

Has anybody else had this issue. If so have you solved it?

Joel

PS Outside of this issue the 80.2 is working very very well-sound great! Internet (Pandora Radio fine. Video works great for Blu Ray and DTV. I llike the different settings for video on each input. SACDs sound great, movies as well.
post #466 of 3830 Old 10-23-2010, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post

I've been following this thread form awhile because i had planned on buying this unit but it seems like this thing is filled with bugs, does anybody have anything positive to say about this unit? I'd love to be convinced that this is worth dropping $2 grand on.'

Bugs? I am not really getting that impression, but it is still early. Not many 80.2's are out there yet. But, just to put this in some perspective for you, all prepro's and AVR's and BR players have bugs at all, even the highest, price levels. It is part and parcel of the digital revolution in audio, so from here on out, these consumer electronics products are going to more closely resemble PC's in terms of "bugginess". Are all the bugs out of the latest release of Microsoft's Windows 7? No way. Ditto for Apple or anyone else. Fortunaletly, relief is usually just a firmware release away.

You also have to realize that a forum like this is a magnet primarily for problems. Happy customers usually do not come here to extol the virtues. So, reading this thread may give you a false impression of the extent of problems.

Many of the problems reported here are not bugs, but user setup problems. I am convinced that the relay clicking, for example, is an illustration of that. It also was frequently cited in the 80.1 thread, but careful setup can eliminate the issue, not that the Integra manual is much help at all.

Some issues are genuine bugs, and others are just individual malfunctioning units. But, that's par for the course. I have had a 9.8 and an 80.1, and I am ready to upgrade to an 80.2 for added features/functionality - principally Audyssey XT/32. I have had no significant problems that were not cured by proper setup or firmware.

I think you are likely to run into similar issues no matter where you go for a prepro. You are not likely to see as voluminous a thread for other units simply because not nearly as many NAD, Marantz, Denon, Anthem, Krell, Meridian, etc. units are sold. They do not offer the price/performance of the Integra. It's that simple.

Having said all that, Integra/Onkyo tech support is pretty abysmal. If it could be only half as good as Oppo's, life would be easier for all of us. I am not deterred, though. Oppo is an exception to all the rules. Integra/Onkyo is more in line with the norms at their price points. At least with Integra, you normally have a bricks-and-mortar dealer to go to bat for you, unlike Onkyo in many cases. But, we cannot expect high class, boutique-style support at the incredible bargain price we pay for an Integra. It has not been a problem for me. So, I have no hesitation whatsoever to upgrade to yet another Integra.
post #467 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 04:48 AM

Some owners are reporting no network problems at all. A few report that Integra support has acknowledged a "Network" issue but we have no specifics on exactly what the issue is. Problems reported here appear to be no network connectivity at all, occasional drops, and problems accessing Pandora. If firmware were the issue this would suggest we have a few different versions being shipped.

Those with network issues please be specific as to what the connection problem is and what version firmware your unit is running? (Think version is listed under 7.7 - "Hardware setup" - "Firmware Update” first line.) Thanks.
post #468 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks for this thread..

I had a salesman pushing the 80.2 yesterday, and I had one question - How does the 80.2 differ from the Onkyo TX-NR5008?

I'm just window-shopping. I have a Denon AVR-5803 that performs great, but has zero internet connectivity and no HDMI support. Other than that, it's a great performer, and I don't want to spend $thousands if it's not worth it, esp. in this economy.

Thanks!
post #469 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 View Post

Bugs? I am not really getting that impression, but it is still early. Not many 80.2's are out there yet. But, just to put this in some perspective for you, all prepro's and AVR's and BR players have bugs at all, even the highest, price levels. It is part and parcel of the digital revolution in audio, so from here on out, these consumer electronics products are going to more closely resemble PC's in terms of "bugginess". Are all the bugs out of the latest release of Microsoft's Windows 7? No way. Ditto for Apple or anyone else. Fortunaletly, relief is usually just a firmware release away.

You also have to realize that a forum like this is a magnet primarily for problems. Happy customers usually do not come here to extol the virtues. So, reading this thread may give you a false impression of the extent of problems.

Many of the problems reported here are not bugs, but user setup problems. I am convinced that the relay clicking, for example, is an illustration of that. It also was frequently cited in the 80.1 thread, but careful setup can eliminate the issue, not that the Integra manual is much help at all.

Some issues are genuine bugs, and others are just individual malfunctioning units. But, that's par for the course. I have had a 9.8 and an 80.1, and I am ready to upgrade to an 80.2 for added features/functionality - principally Audyssey XT/32. I have had no significant problems that were not cured by proper setup or firmware.

I think you are likely to run into similar issues no matter where you go for a prepro. You are not likely to see as voluminous a thread for other units simply because not nearly as many NAD, Marantz, Denon, Anthem, Krell, Meridian, etc. units are sold. They do not offer the price/performance of the Integra. It's that simple.

Having said all that, Integra/Onkyo tech support is pretty abysmal. If it could be only half as good as Oppo's, life would be easier for all of us. I am not deterred, though. Oppo is an exception to all the rules. Integra/Onkyo is more in line with the norms at their price points. At least with Integra, you normally have a bricks-and-mortar dealer to go to bat for you, unlike Onkyo in many cases. But, we cannot expect high class, boutique-style support at the incredible bargain price we pay for an Integra. It has not been a problem for me. So, I have no hesitation whatsoever to upgrade to yet another Integra.

Well said... And ditto from me.
post #470 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post

Thanks for this thread..

I had a salesman pushing the 80.2 yesterday, and I had one question - How does the 80.2 differ from the Onkyo TX-NR5008?

I'm just window-shopping. I have a Denon AVR-5803 that performs great, but has zero internet connectivity and no HDMI support. Other than that, it's a great performer, and I don't want to spend $thousands if it's not worth it, esp. in this economy.

Thanks!

Audyssey pro compatible.
3 year warranty-perhaps a better replacement policy
silver knob
post #471 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 View Post

Those are some great points and I completely agree with you. However, as a guy who is about to buy a new pre/pro I guess I'd like to hear some reviews (positive, I hope) of the 80.2. I'm keeping track of the Denon 4311 and the Marantz 7500 thread and I keep reading glowing reviews (of the 4311) and I'm looking for some of the more positive aspects of the 80.2. Since I can't audition a unit I guess I need someone to convince me that the 80.2 is the next best thing to sliced bread!

Mirkwood 4.0 Equipment List

Mirkwood Home Theater
This is my very, very outdated website.
post #472 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweeb View Post

Some owners are reporting no network problems at all. A few report that Integra support has acknowledged a "Network" issue but we have no specifics on exactly what the issue is. Problems reported here appear to be no network connectivity at all, occasional drops, and problems accessing Pandora. If firmware were the issue this would suggest we have a few different versions being shipped.

Those with network issues please be specific as to what the connection problem is and what version firmware your unit is running? (Think version is listed under 7.7 - "Hardware setup" - "Firmware Update first line.) Thanks.

I'm running the latest firmware. I have been able to get connected to the net twice but just for short amount of times. So basically the ethernet port is not functioning properly.

post #473 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Those are some great points and I completely agree with you. However, as a guy who is about to buy a new pre/pro I guess I'd like to hear some reviews (positive, I hope) of the 80.2. I'm keeping track of the Denon 4311 and the Marantz 7500 thread and I keep reading glowing reviews (of the 4311) and I'm looking for some of the more positive aspects of the 80.2. Since I can't audition a unit I guess I need someone to convince me that the 80.2 is the next best thing to sliced bread!

I know this isn't very in depth but I do have to say the overall sound from the 80.2 is amazing. Detailed, clear, great seperation etc. Besides a few of the quirks mentioned i'm 100% happy on my decision to purchase the 80.2. I contemplated the 4311 as well but was put off by the dacs (No need for a DAC war to begin).

I still have only done only 3 mic positions on my audyssey set up as I'm waiting for a new amp for my back surrounds and the XT32 is brilliant. Can't wait to buy a pro kit and see where things can go.

post #474 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Wireless member

Quote:

You do know that the 4311 is an AVR?

Jeff
post #475 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:

I'm running the latest firmware. I have been able to get connected to the net twice but just for short amount of times. So basically the ethernet port is not functioning properly.

What is the actual version number?
How are you physically connected? Integra - Dlink, Netgear, etc - cable modem, internet provider etc.
What have you tried ? Static IP, Bypass the router straight in to cable modem, etc. ?

I am just curious for details. There may be something in common with those having issues besides just the 80.2. If anyone has anything official from Integra regarding the issue with any specifics please post.
post #476 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How are you physically connected? Integra - Dlink, Netgear, etc - cable modem, internet provider etc.
What have you tried ? Static IP, Bypass the router straight in to cable modem, etc. ?

I am just curious for details. There may be something in common with those having issues besides just the 80.2. If anyone has anything official from Integra regarding the issue with any specifics please post.

I have Road Runner Pro. I'm using a Netgear Wndr3700 Router connected via Cat5e cable.

post #477 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

There is NO Service Bulletin nor any Tech Tip on the Onkyo / Integra authorized servicenter website regarding Internet Connectivity Problems. Maybe it will show up tomorrow.
post #478 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

There is NO Service Bulletin nor any Tech Tip on the Onkyo / Integra authorized servicenter website regarding Internet Connectivity Problems. Maybe it will show up tomorrow.

I checked ... just in case someone asks ... on all the OPro / Onkyo / Integra receivers and pre-pros.
post #479 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 09:18 AM

Thanks Alan.
post #480 of 3830 Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

1031-0200-0310-2101

Wired to Buffalo ethernet N converter. Wireless n to Linksys n router.

Two days of running. Multiple standbys and ons from remote. IP assigned automatically
Pandora sounds fine. Home net work with multiple computers, windowshome server, two networked Direct tv Hr20-100s, and three squeeze boxes or touches.

Hawkings wireless repeaters. Buffalo converters feed from the Hawking.

This did not work for several days. I then reset Buffalo, Hawking, and Linksys. After about 30 minutes later I pushed net USB and saw my computers I then tried Pandora logged in and all has been net ok for 48 hours.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page