post #541 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 02:41 PM
KB1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post

Great point. What listening mode do I want for DirectTV DVR HR-22. I've tried Dolby Digital Out of the Direct TV box enabled and disabled and the system sounds better with Dolby Digital out.

What listening mode should I use on the 80.2 for watching TV and movies from the Direct TV box? Some of the modes create rear contect that seems very unrelated to the main speakers. With the "Direct" mode the surrounds seemed pretty natural.

I will not be able to test anything for about 24 hours unfortunately. I'll try some more tomorrow afternoon....joe

Hey Joe, I have cable not satellite but the setup should be pretty similar. I have Dolby Digital out enabled on my cable box and my listening modes all set to Dolby PLII, except for Dolby Digital 5.1 sources that I have mapped to Dolby Digital, so no extra processing. That said, you could use PLII for DD as well, some people actually prefer it that way. As mentioned by fitzcaraldo215 in a previous post, your Blu-ray setup should be different with Dolby TrueHD mapped to Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD mapped to DTS HD, etc. But for cable/satellite this should work as most sources are either Dolby Digital 5.1 or 2.0. Also, hit display on your unit as you watch a show and verify that the input signal says Dolby Digital to make sure nothing else is messed up. The display should toggle between input source and listening mode, that way you can check both. Let us know how you make out, this clicking is mind boggling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Any others getting audio pops when starting up or when making changes to the audio modes?

Yes - I get pops through my speakers while both starting up, when making changes in the set-up menu in various places, and also when I start a Blu-ray (like going from the menu to starting a movie). It's not loud (I'm not concerned speakers are being damaged) but is annoying, and is often accompanied by a relay click - that said, not all relay clicks are associated with pops.

I get relay clicks quite a bit - pausing and restarting a movie for example. I've tried changing the mappings on the Audio Mode Preset screen - my current settings are as follows:

Analog/PCM - PLII Movie
Mono - Mono
2 Ch Source - Stereo
Dolby D - Straight Decode
DTS - Straight Decode
Other Multich Source - Straight Decode

I'd love to call Integra Tech Support about some of these issues - but honestly, my first experience calling them was kind of a joke.

Me: "So, I have this issue where the internet won't connect. Things like the Remote Controlled Set-up are grayed out. I can get the internet back if I unplug the power and ethernet, then power back up, then plug in the ethernet. Others have reported this to you guys - just wanted to let you know I'm experiencing the issue as well and the problem isn't isolated"

Integra: "Hold on, let me ask our tech guy...Nobody here has ever heard of that. Your unit must be broken - we'll have to replace it".

Me: "ummm...a lot of people have reported this - I really don't think anything is broken. Also, I get a lot of relay clicks"

Integra: "We fixed that with a firmware update on the older unit. If you are still having any clicks, your unit must be broken - we'll have to replace it."

Me: "ummm...a lot of people report this - even on the 80.1 - just wanted to let you know, I haven't been able to get it to stop".

Integra: "Sure sounds to me like you have a defective unit - Let's start the process of getting it replaced"

Maybe I was just unlucky. I don't honestly think my unit is defective.

I'd love to call them back and say - "I'm getting pops through my speakers sometimes - like when the audio locks - is this something that you guys could look into" - but I'm not sure where it'll get me...
post #543 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga View Post

I'd love to call them back and say - "I'm getting pops through my speakers sometimes - like when the audio locks - is this something that you guys could look into" - but I'm not sure where it'll get me...

Probably an RMA # lol
post #544 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I notice there is a new firmware up dated 10-27...unfortunately I'm on my 5th attempt to get my network back and have thus far been unsuccessful.

***addition***
After multiple tries (key is to really wait for a little while after the power reset and turning on to plug in the ethernet cable), I had the unit check the net for a new firmware and it came back saying I was fully updated...so looks like you have to update via USB to get the 10-27 on. I'm updating as we speak.

***addition***
For those hoping, this firmware did nothing for clicks or popping
post #545 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do not have any pops, but have the same clicking relays with ff, rew, program/channel change etc. I have the following set for CBL/SAT Input under menu 5-3. Listening Mode Preset:

Analog/PCM - PLIIx (Should never apply as box is set for Surround Output)
Mono/Multiplex Source - Full Mono (Same as above)
2Ch Source - PLIIx (2 Ch is Dolby 2.0 according to OSD)
Dolby - PLIIX (This is the majority of what is being broadcast DD 5.1)
DTS - PLIIx (Should never apply as nothing is broadcast in DTS)
Other Multich Source - PLIIx (Should never apply...)

I received an email from Integra Tech Support today saying they received my email re: startup and DTS 96/24 issue and are checking with engineering.

Speaking of DTS 96/24...can anyone else confirm there is a problem with DTS 96/24 sources. See the description and pics in Post #484

Phil C.
"Where does he get all those wonderful toys"
Jack Nicholson as the Joker in Batman
post #546 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Downloaded and installed the 10/27/10 firmware via USB. Checking via NET said everything was up to date. Took less than 5 minutes to install. I shut everything down and walked away for 5 minutes, came back and upon startup had sound. Good sign. The real test will be when the unit is shutdown tonight and started up tomorrow. Hopefully the startup issue is fixed.

No change to the DTS 96/24 issue.

PS - Version Now Reads: 1041-0300-0310-2101

Phil C.
post #547 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciav View Post

Downloaded and installed the 10/27/10 firmware via USB. Checking via NET said everything was up to date. Took less than 5 minutes to install. I shut everything down and walked away for 5 minutes, came back and upon startup had sound. Good sign. The real test will be when the unit is shutdown tonight and started up tomorrow. Hopefully the startup issue is fixed.

No change to the DTS 96/24 issue.

PS - Version Now Reads: 1041-0300-0310-2101

Sounds promising. I have extensively timed the startup audio issue. Every single time I wait more than 45 seconds the audio fails. No need to wait overnight
post #548 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
They say the sound issue was due to network control being enabled. Iwill do this tomorrow. Looking forward to tonights reports.
post #549 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

They say the sound issue was due to network control being enabled. Iwill do this tomorrow. Looking forward to tonights reports.

Can you elaborate? What does this mean? Is there a setting we can change?
post #550 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

They say the sound issue was due to network control being enabled...

I had it disabled, prior to the update...still have it disabled after the update. It's menu item 7-6. Network (second page) control.

Phil C.
post #551 of 3832 Old 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Did the update fix the sound issue?
post #552 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 04:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Did the update fix the sound issue?

And did it fix the network issue? Not going to have a chance to install until tonight.

post #553 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member

Firmware update seems to have fixed the startup issue. Unit was off all night, turned on this morning, and all is good...sound on the first try.

I didn't have a network issue, so I can't speak to that. No change to relay clicking...still clicking away...and no change to the DTS 96/24 problem I reported in Post #484.

Phil C.
post #554 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

At least it sounds like Integra is listening and got the firmware update for the ethernet issue resolved pretty quickly. Hopefully another update is just around the corner to address the other issues we are calling them about.

post #555 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

So is email (given my first experience with calling) preferred for contacting tech support? Joe, have you reported the popping?

By the way - since this hadn't been posted (the instructions PDF link wasn't active last night):

A firmware update is now available through the Network or USB connections on the DTR-80.2/70.2 and DHC-80.2.

The 10/27/10 update addresses the following: DTR-80.2/70.2 and DHC-80.2

1. Stabilizes "Now Initializing" process to activate [NET/USB] mode in a busy network
2. Improves the playback speed of particular VR (Variable Bit Rate) mp3 files.
3. Changes the timing of volume operation start. (thereby avoiding problems of no sound output after power is turned on from Standby mode with network control enabled).
post #556 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I havent been through this whole thread to see if this has already been discussed, but when playing the Transformers 2 Blu ray from my HTPC, i rewinded the movie, and once I hit play again (and a few relay clicks) I got no audio. It would not come back until I stopped and restarted the movie.
post #557 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

I havent been through this whole thread to see if this has already been discussed, but when playing the Transformers 2 Blu ray from my HTPC, i rewinded the movie, and once I hit play again (and a few relay clicks) I got no audio. It would not come back until I stopped and restarted the movie.

Did you apply the new firmware referred to in the post above yours? Could be part of the same issue ...
post #558 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 09:45 AM

After having my DHC-80.2 for a week I finally had time to hook it up last night.

Net: I immediately setup a static IP address and Pandora works fine. I didn't bother with DHCP. MediaFly and vTuner work fine.

BD, PC, Sat(DirecTV) all work great via HDMI. Of course there is the inevitable clicking but it's minor compared to the clicking relays in my old Denon AVR-1010. Of course in my old ProLogic receiver it didn't click every time there was a format change. The 80.2 is about 12 - 15 ft. away and it's not really intrusive.

Sound: Works fine on Power On.

The only issue I have is that I'm not getting any output from my Multi-Channel Analog Input. But this could be an issue with my Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai. I haven't used the MC out on it before. Unf. the Integra doesn't have iLink.

Firmware: 1031-0200-0310-2101
post #559 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Seems to have fixed my no audio issue. Network came on with no problem.Updated via USB

Joel
post #560 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

The firmware update did fix all of my network connection issues, at least Onkyo seemed to be on top of this one and get a fix out pretty quickly this time. A lot better turnaround than most problems of this sort I've had.
post #561 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 12:51 PM

Same same, for such a new unit that's great turnaround on a fix.

a) Startup sound problems are fixed.
b) Never had a network problem, still works fine after the update.
c) Clicking relays are what they are. I'm not going to obsess about them.

Only thing to watch out for is that it doesn't seem to be posted yet to whatever URL the unit looks at for over-the-net upgrades, so downloading the zip and unpacking it to a USB stick's the only way to do it until Integra gets that propagated to their site. No big deal for me.

Andy
post #562 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

I can learn to live with the clicks, but the pops through the speakers is annoying.
post #563 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga View Post

I can learn to live with the clicks, but the pops through the speakers is annoying.

I'm wondering if you shouldn't take them up on the offer to exchange your 80.2. Mine has the clicks but I've never had any "pops" through my speakers. I'm not sure I've seen anyone except you have this problem either. Their may genuinely be a problem with your 80.2?

post #564 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallister View Post

I'm wondering if you shouldn't take them up on the offer to exchange your 80.2. Mine has the clicks but I've never had any "pops" through my speakers. I'm not sure I've seen anyone except you have this problem either. Their may genuinely be a problem with your 80.2?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post19392216
post #565 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Did you apply the new firmware referred to in the post above yours? Could be part of the same issue ...

Not yet... I only learned of this firmware from reading todays posts.
I will try it. Does it work over ethernet yet or still require USB?
post #566 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallister View Post

I have pops too. Didn't at first, the first few days, but I do now. I did the firmware update and it solved my "no audio on power up" problem.

Just now I changed channels on the direct TV box with the 80.2 muted. I got a strong pop in the right surround channel. Didn't notice anywhere else. The way the relays sound, it seems like they disconnect the audio outputs. If so, how would I get a pop? Either the relays aren't working right or one is broken
post #567 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

Not yet... I only learned of this firmware from reading todays posts.
I will try it. Does it work over ethernet yet or still require USB?

both
post #568 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Now that my system is working well I am playing with inputs.

I would like to have one HDMI input (my DTV) coupled with three different inputs. So I can watch sports and listen to music etc.

Pandora radio
Tape
TV
Cable Sat

for video but only cable sat for HDMI audio.

Is this possible?

Joel

Is this possible
post #569 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have pops too. Didn't at first, the first few days, but I do now. I did the firmware update and it solved my "no audio on power up" problem.

Just now I changed channels on the direct TV box with the 80.2 muted. I got a strong pop in the right surround channel. Didn't notice anywhere else. The way the relays sound, it seems like they disconnect the audio outputs. If so, how would I get a pop? Either the relays aren't working right or one is broken

Perhaps resetting (unplug replug) your connections might help. Now that all except the pops are working have you done a full reset? If not better after these type of attempts, If so, I would certainly call your dealer.

Mine are XLR and are rather firm and even those get loose sometimes.

Joel
post #570 of 3832 Old 10-27-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsi View Post

Same same, for such a new unit that's great turnaround on a fix.

a) Startup sound problems are fixed.
b) Never had a network problem, still works fine after the update.
c) Clicking relays are what they are. I'm not going to obsess about them.

Only thing to watch out for is that it doesn't seem to be posted yet to whatever URL the unit looks at for over-the-net upgrades, so downloading the zip and unpacking it to a USB stick's the only way to do it until Integra gets that propagated to their site. No big deal for me.

I upgraded via the internet directly from the 80.2 menu. Just selected update via network and it worked not problem. File downloaded and the display showed some verification state before updating so I assume it checks the file it downloaded before it updated.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page