The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1621 of 3830 Old 02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just received and connected a second subwoofer (Def Tech Trinity) in my system and I can't believe how nicely is smoothed out my bass response. I was not happy with the boomy sound I got from one sub and thought the dynamic EQ was the culprit so I had it turned off. Not so. Obviously my room was causing a very poor bass response with one sub. Now, after re-running Audyssey, the overall sound is tremendous. I really can't believe how well it integrated with my system. I haven't made one adjustment to the calibration. Dynamic EQ is on and the sound is incredibly balanced. The difference is so drastic. So smooth. As you can tell I'm incredibly pleased!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 3830 Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzun View Post

I have a JVC DLA-RS40 projector, which replaced my older DLA-RS15. I also have a DirecTV DVR hooked to the system. I have to hook the HDMI from the DirecTV box directly to my new JVC RS40 in order for 720p/1080i to work, this is normal HD programming NOT 3D.

With the older RS15 things worked just fine through the Integra, but now I have to connect the DirecTV box directly to the new RS40, if I go through the 80.2 I get a blue screen when I go to 720p or 1080i.

All works fine when the Projector and DirecTV DVR are hooked directly to one another.

Is this a known issue, will there be a firmware fix to address this soon?

I have the 80.2 set to THROUGH for the resolution, and the option for immediate display (on screen display) is off.

-Roger Uzun

Hi Roger,

These postings may be of interest.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=387

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=390

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=391

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=8331

Larry
post #1623 of 3830 Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone have any experience with balanced inputs on this unit? Can you do any bass management?
post #1624 of 3830 Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga View Post

Does anyone have any experience with balanced inputs on this unit? Can you do any base management?

I think you mean "bass". Yes, you can do bass management and Audyssey for stereo analog inputs - not Mch analog - as long as you are not in direct mode. It internally converts to digital PCM and runs it through the DSP.
post #1625 of 3830 Old 02-02-2011, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes - typing too fast

So to avoid any A/D conversions, you are basically in direct?
post #1626 of 3830 Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM

I have an Xbox 360 that I use to connect to my tv my tv and I would send the audio via optical cable to my old pre pro. Now with the 80.2 I want to be able to be able to hook my Xbox 360 to it using the PC cable and the optical cable. I tried it and it wouldn't work for me.

I plugged the cable into the PC input and it didn't work.'what am I doing wrong?

Mirkwood 4.0 Equipment List

Mirkwood Home Theater
This is my very, very outdated website.
post #1627 of 3830 Old 02-02-2011, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 View Post

Yes, you can do bass management and Audyssey for stereo analog inputs - not Mch analog - as long as you are not in direct mode.

Hi,

The Stereo listening mode supports bass management and Audyssey processing. The Stereo and Direct listening modes are mutually exclusive.

The Direct listening modes doesn't support Audyssey, but there's a new option on this model that permits turning on bass management while in Direct mode if the user desires it.

From page 59 of the manual:

Quote:

Direct
■Analog
Subwoofer

Off:
Analog audio signals (bass signals) are not output.
On:
Analog audio signals (bass signals) are output.
This setting determines whether or not analog audio signals
(bass signals) are output from front speakers when the
Direct listening mode is selected.

NOTE: I believe there is a typo in the above excerpt from the manual. It should read, "This setting determines whether or not analog audio signals (bass signals) are output from the subwoofer(s) when the Direct listening mode is selected."

Larry
post #1628 of 3830 Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconley1015 View Post

I am using the DHC 40.2 but I am sure the steps are quite similar. I was able to make those changes from a computer on the same network. Assuming you have your Integra joined to your network:
Network - Highlight and dbl click the icon for your device and the web interface should appear. Make your changes under the tab entitled "Preset Internet Radio" Note the address in your browser and use that to link directly from your desktop:
hilite address - copy
go to desktop - right click - new - shortcut - paste the link into the item location box - name it DHC interface or something like that. Note that these changes will probably require a hard reset of your device, ie shut down and unplug for 1 minute and restart. Your changes should be reflected when you navigate to the interface on your TV screen.

I am a bit confused as usual. Is this only in reference to Oremote for iPhone/iPad, are you referencing the network features within the Pre-Pro, or are you saying there is actually IP Control and a Web App for this (or your??) Pre-Pro?? Does it allow you to control everything, such as selecting inputs, setup options, volume/mute, etc, in a browser and on a computer? My Denon 5805CI has this and I REALLY want it badly as I use it constantly as my "remote control" so if this is an option, AWESOME!

Thanks,

--Jason

Thanks to EVERYONE that Helps Make These Threads so Awesome!

post #1629 of 3830 Old 02-03-2011, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevansoh View Post

I am a bit confused as usual. Is this only in reference to Oremote for iPhone/iPad, are you referencing the network features within the Pre-Pro, or are you saying there is actually IP Control and a Web App for this (or your??) Pre-Pro?? Does it allow you to control everything, such as selecting inputs, setup options, volume/mute, etc, in a browser and on a computer? My Denon 5805CI has this and I REALLY want it badly as I use it constantly as my "remote control" so if this is an option, AWESOME!

Thanks,

--Jason

Oremote permits this control of recent onkyo integra prepros and receivers via an iPad or iPhone app. Look up the web page for this. The about to be released version 1.23 works well with my 80.2. I have been lucky to preview and beta this new release. It works well and is very useful. I use it to listen to Pandora and Iradio without using my TV.

From web site:

"With oRemote, an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch (iOS 4.2 required) and a wireless (Wi-Fi) network, you can control your network-enabled Onkyo or Integra AVR from anywhere in the house. oRemote enables full control over all inputs and zones with constant screen updates of the status of your AVR.

Wireless control of your networked-enabled Onkyo or Integra receiver

1. •Zero-configuration setup - App auto-detects your AVR and sets itself up
2. •Controls Sources for all zones, custom labels for sources, enable/hide sources
3. •Zone Controls for all supported zones, including power, volume, and source selection
4. •Controls playback of UP-A1 iPod Dock and UP-HT1 HD Radio Tuner
5. •Controls playback of built-in tuner
6. •Controls playback of USB sources, iRadio, DLNA and Windows Media shared media.
7. •Select iRadio presets by dial control
8. •Select listening modes by pushbutton or dial control
9. •Display of audio and video source and output information - HDMI, Bitrate, etc.
10. •Display of media playback on screen - no need to turn on the TV
11. •Display of menus for media playback (2010 model AVRs only)
12. •RI, RIHD (HDMI CEC) control for BluRay, DVD players, and the DS-A3 iPod dock
13. •Port tab auto-detects whether HDRadio or iPod is active
14. •Speaker Layout
15. •In-app Settings"

The 80.2 has a web page that gives one access to Internet presets as well. just log into the ip address of the unit.
post #1630 of 3830 Old 02-03-2011, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryChanin View Post

Hi,

The Stereo listening mode supports bass management and Audyssey processing. The Stereo and Direct listening modes are mutually exclusive.

The Direct listening modes doesn't support Audyssey, but there's a new option on this model that permits turning on bass management while in Direct mode if the user desires it.

NOTE: I believe there is a typo in the above excerpt from the manual. It should read, "This setting determines whether or not analog audio signals (bass signals) are output from the subwoofer(s) when the Direct listening mode is selected."

Larry

Does anyone know whether this introduces a A/D conversion?
post #1631 of 3830 Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

I sent these questions to our local store a couple of weeks ago, but have not even received acknowledgement of receipt, so I thought I would ask the questions here. I have looked through the users manual and could not find the answers and have tried to find the answers in this thread, but it is overwhelming....

1. Is the video output on HDMI a single setting or is it adjusted per input? If a single setting is it relatively easy to adjust “on the fly”?
2. Same question for the audio delay feature – is it a single delay or adjusted per input? If a single setting is it easy to adjust “on the fly”?
3. Can the input from the 7.1 analog input be sent through the Audyssey room correction or is it only a “direct” input/output? (Based on responses I have seen in this thread I think the answer is that Audyssey can't be turned on for the MCH input).
4. Does the “IR input” work with devices other than the Onkyo “IR” system? In other words, if I already have a Xantech system set up in my house will it work with the DHC 80.2?
5. Does the “IR output” work with devices other than Onkyo/Integra devices – will it power IR flashers?

Thanks,
Mike

"A banker: the person who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it rains" - Mark Twain
post #1632 of 3830 Old 02-03-2011, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneMike View Post
I sent these questions to our local store a couple of weeks ago, but have not even received acknowledgement of receipt, so I thought I would ask the questions here. I have looked through the users manual and could not find the answers and have tried to find the answers in this thread, but it is overwhelming....

1. Is the video output on HDMI a single setting or is it adjusted per input? If a single setting is it relatively easy to adjust on the fly?
2. Same question for the audio delay feature - is it a single delay or adjusted per input? If a single setting is it easy to adjust on the fly?
3. Can the input from the 7.1 analog input be sent through the Audyssey room correction or is it only a direct input/output? (Based on responses I have seen in this thread I think the answer is that Audyssey can't be turned on for the MCH input).
4. Does the IR input work with devices other than the Onkyo IR system? In other words, if I already have a Xantech system set up in my house will it work with the DHC 80.2?
5. Does the IR output work with devices other than Onkyo/Integra devices - will it power IR flashers?

Thanks,
Mike
A few answers I know. I'll leave the rest for others with more expertise.

3. No. No Audyssey for Mch analog. Stereo analog, yes.
4. Yes, as long as that system knows the Integra codes. I am using a Logitech Harmony via their RF repeater.
5. Yes.
post #1633 of 3830 Old 02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneMike

1. Is the video output on HDMI a single setting or is it adjusted per input? If a single setting is it relatively easy to adjust "on the fly"?
2. Same question for the audio delay feature - is it a single delay or adjusted per input? If a single setting is it easy to adjust "on the fly"?
3. Can the input from the 7.1 analog input be sent through the Audyssey room correction or is it only a "direct" input/output? (Based on responses I have seen in this thread I think the answer is that Audyssey can't be turned on for the MCH input).
4. Does the "IR input" work with devices other than the Onkyo "IR" system? In other words, if I already have a Xantech system set up in my house will it work with the DHC 80.2?
5. Does the "IR output" work with devices other than Onkyo/Integra devices - will it power IR flashers?

Thanks,
Mike
1. Adjusted per input. Set global to source. Easy to adjust. Lots of options
2. This is global but easy to adjust
post #1634 of 3830 Old 02-03-2011, 03:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 View Post

A few answers I know. I'll leave the rest for others with more expertise.

3. No. No Audyssey for Mch analog. Stereo analog, yes.

Darn - I was hoping they would add this in the newest version.

Thanks,

Mike

"A banker: the person who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it rains" - Mark Twain
post #1635 of 3830 Old 02-03-2011, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 243
For grins I was doing some measuring to check out Audyssey corrections and discovered that the audio put into a left or right speaker for "stereo" is different than the same signal put into the same speaker for "all channel stereo", specifically from the low end up to about 150hz

Any explanations?

Even when I'm not having a particularly good day, I am at least having a day!

New Theater 

Build Thread
post #1636 of 3830 Old 02-03-2011, 05:41 PM

Alright, so I'm about to punch my 80.2. I'm just starting to get my 80.2 set up in it's permanent home.'for some reason. When I plug my Apple TV via hdmi I don't get any audio. For some reason it labels the input audio as analogue. It's driving me crazy and I can't get it to switch off! Any advice?

Mirkwood Home Theater
post #1637 of 3830 Old 02-03-2011, 07:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneMike View Post

Darn - I was hoping they would add this in the newest version.

Thanks,

Mike

This function is becoming less and less common because (1) it is becoming less and less necessary and (2) it is a fairly expensive feature requiring 6-8 A/D inputs.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #1638 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone know an answer to this? I emailed Integra but didn't get a reply (shocking!).

Quote:

Hi,

Larry

Does anyone know whether this introduces a A/D conversion? Seems to defeat the purpose of "direct" if it does.
post #1639 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 160
I know that Audyssey processing happens in the digital domain, and I *think* that modern bass management does as well.
post #1640 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

This is what I figured. Apparently Marantz built in the same functionality last -- seems to defeat the point of calling it "direct" if the bass management add's an A/D step.
post #1641 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Wireless member

Yes, from what I read, "analog direct" can be a religious thing and a A/D/A trip in there even for bass management is heresy.
post #1642 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post

Alright, so I'm about to punch my 80.2. I'm just starting to get my 80.2 set up in it's permanent home.'for some reason. When I plug my Apple TV via hdmi I don't get any audio. For some reason it labels the input audio as analogue. It's driving me crazy and I can't get it to switch off! Any advice?

Try going into the home menu (hit the "Home" button on the remote) and go into the audio menu. Toggle to the connection and see what signal you have as primary. My bet is that it's set to analog for the input you're using. Change it to hdmi.
post #1643 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

For grins I was doing some measuring to check out Audyssey corrections and discovered that the audio put into a left or right speaker for "stereo" is different than the same signal put into the same speaker for "all channel stereo", specifically from the low end up to about 150hz

Any explanations?

Try the Official Audyssey thread.
post #1644 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:

Hi,
Larry

But only from Analog Source
There is no bass management from Digital Source in Direct mode

I do not understand Why not .. Do you ?
post #1645 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Yes, from what I read, "analog direct" can be a religious thing and a A/D/A trip in there even for bass management is heresy.

Amen.
post #1646 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Wireless member

post #1647 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

So we are reasonably sure that there is not an analog cross over, and employing this bass management for a analog signal adds an A/D/A? Good thing I have full range fronts.
post #1648 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep View Post

Try going into the home menu (hit the "Home" button on the remote) and go into the audio menu. Toggle to the connection and see what signal you have as primary. My bet is that it's set to analog for the input you're using. Change it to hdmi.

I tried that and it won't work either. It keeps recognizing the signal as HDMI but then it switches to analog. I can't figure out why it keeps going back and stick to HDMI.

Mirkwood Home Theater
post #1649 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 11:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

This function is becoming less and less common because (1) it is becoming less and less necessary and (2) it is a fairly expensive feature requiring 6-8 A/D inputs.

I agree - but I can still wish!

What I would really like is the ability with 5.1 input, with either HDMI or Analog (either one would be fine), to direct the two surround channels to my rear speakers instead of my surround speakers.

I can do it with a 7.1 analog input by connecting the surround inputs to the rear input connectors, but I would like to have the room correction provided (cake and eat it to...).

If they would allow, via software, to pick the surround channel output for a 5.1 input on HDMI, then that would also work and be the best solution.

I am considering buying a couple of switchers that would allow me to do that with my interconnects between the pre-amp and the amp, but that will then apply the room correction for the surrounds to the back channels.

The problem is I like my Paradigm ADP speakers for surrounds for movies, but I prefer my rear direct speakers for surround music.

Maybe I need to buy a pair of surrounds that can switch between modes.....another option, but to get the best out of the room correction you would need two separate solutions for the two modes, which is not available to my knowleddge.

Oh well, I may as well stop worrying about it and just enjoy the music!

post #1650 of 3830 Old 02-04-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james138 View Post

What kind of output do you have from the ATV? Recently I had to hit "Force Digital" on output selection when running Plex on a Mac Mini from the HDMI output.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page