The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread - Page 60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1771 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 164
The Denon is a receiver and the Integra is a pre/pro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 View Post

If you are talking about Audyssey Pro, I do not think so. But, I would love to be proven wrong.

I've only done over wifi. 80.2 -> Buffalo Wireless Access Point ->G network -> laptop. Has worked flawlessly for me every (N=2) time I've done it.
post #1773 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga View Post

I've only done over wifi. 80.2 -> Buffalo Wireless Access Point ->G network -> laptop. Has worked flawlessly for me every (N=2) time I've done it.

This is very useful- If I buy that is how I will use it. I do have control of the 80.2 using oremote with no issues.

Does the pro kit ask for ip address and control # to start up? By the way Audyssey tech said to get a router and hard wire laptop and 80.2 for the calibration. I am glad you had no issues using wifi. That is clearly the way to go if safe.

joel
post #1774 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL_Programmer View Post

I noticed the manual says, "Internet radio URLs in the following formats are supported: PLS, M3U, and podcast (RSS)." Does anyone know where I can find the URL for the Pandora stations I created in one of these formats?

Thanks for the help.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here, and say it's [nearly] impossible. Pandora streams are embedded in Flash, which occludes all background data, afaik. I have contacted Pandora about getting a Pandora One account to play on the 80.2, but the response was just some generic suggestions about plugging directly into a modem, bypassing the router.

On Shoutcast.com you can get the .pls urls for the stations featured there, but I couldn't get any of those to work, either. This all seems to me to be a case of hardware ahead of the curve of user-friendly software.
post #1775 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 11:12 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenPureSound View Post

I have a new Denon AVR-3311CI, and was wondering what the Integra DHC-80.2 has over my AVR?

What would the 80.2 bring to the party here, at $2K out the door... Pls. chime in as I think my Denon has most all Pre/Pro doesn't it?

Like really what am I missing here?

Tks. Den

I have tested both Denon AVR-3311 and Denon AVR-A100

Integra has everything better than 3311 and if I do compare A100 and Integra
it is the sound both in multichannel and 2 channel stereo

Denon is a little bit moore logic in the meny systen when talking about sound and Audyssey and has the graph missing in Integra

Maveric
post #1776 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post
This is very useful- If I buy that is how I will use it. I do have control of the 80.2 using oremote with no issues.

Does the pro kit ask for ip address and control # to start up? By the way Audyssey tech said to get a router and hard wire laptop and 80.2 for the calibration. I am glad you had no issues using wifi. That is clearly the way to go if safe.

joel
Yes, it asks for the Integra's ip address.

I have only been using a hard wired connection. My Integra is not permanently on a network, but I do not see the big advantage to wireless. I am able to set up my PC just outside the room with a long cable and ethernet hub.
post #1777 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedmaveric View Post
Please let me know where to find them and what do I need to use them

Edit: I found this page http://www.awe-europe.com/ir_232.html and IR codes for Onkyo 5508 and in there DHC 80.2
Do I need a Logitech remote ?

I do not have any knowledge in remotes and codes .. I never had to learn becourse I have never missed any remote button before
Anyone who can help me with this ?

I have been told that I can not put Special IR Codes into Harmony One !?

What do I need to use this special Codes ?

Maveric
post #1778 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Send the codes to logitech support and ask them to up date the 80.2

There is a forum where harmony people help you out on this
post #1779 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Send the codes to logitech support and ask them to up date the 80.2

There is a forum where harmony people help you out on this
Okey Thanx
post #1780 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
The packets don't know that they are being transmitted via RF; an ethernet connection is an ethernet connection. Now, personally, I would never do a Pro cal over wifi.

Absent a network, one could use a crossover network cable from laptop directly to the pre/pro.

Jeff
My desktop (ethernet connection) downstairs one floor from my theater is where I ran the Pro application from. I could hear the speakers chirping as I surfed the web. Then when it said transferring responses, I went up, moved the mic, and came down again. Actually was faster withe Interface 2 compared to Interface 1 on my 9.9. I tried Interface 2 with a laptop upstairs in the Theater, but the wifi is very slow up there, so I ditched it, and used my desktop. Very snappy. Also the added benefit of not being in the room during the chirps (You know, breathing, stomach growling, your body mass interfering with sound waves....all the stuff that RUINS calibrations).

Also much more enjoyable to sit in chair on the web during the calibration compared to lying on the floor behind the couch in the theater tryin not to breathe to loud or fart.
post #1781 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedmaveric View Post

I have tested both Denon AVR-3311 and Denon AVR-A100

Integra has everything better than 3311 and if I do compare A100 and Integra
it is the sound both in multichannel and 2 channel stereo

Denon is a little bit moore logic in the meny systen when talking about sound and Audyssey and has the graph missing in Integra

Maveric

Maveric, thank you. I can not see spending another $2K for the Integra vs. the Denon AVR-3311CI that I have with Networking, Audyssey, and all the other features it has. I am just going to add an AMP so the Denon can feed the Amp to increase the FrontStage Sound Presence.

Thanks again,
Dennis
post #1782 of 3832 Old 02-17-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:

exactly the same connectivity here. the Buffalo wireless stuff is stellar!
post #1783 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06_Pilot View Post

exactly the same connectivity here. the Buffalo wireless stuff is stellar!

I love it - one of the best little accessories I purchased for my theater.
post #1784 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Is there a reason why my 80.2 s Mac address shown on my routers list of attached devices is different from the Mac address listed on the AVR s web site ( ip address etc)?

What will I need to get the pro license for the unit?
post #1785 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is there a reason why my 80.2 s Mac address shown on my routers list of attached devices is different from the Mac address listed on the AVR s web site ( ip address etc)?

What will I need to get the pro license for the unit?

You just need the model id, MAC address and a credit card. I would take the Mac address from the Integra setup menu screen as accurate, and you do not need all the digits for an Audyssey license.
post #1786 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:

can someone enlight me on the wifi, in the manual there is no metion wifi, and it seems it does not have wifi?

The only wifi option that I can found is cable to a pc/laptop that has wifi

or a modified network switch that has wifi connection repeaters
post #1787 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Wireless member

Quote:

You just need the model id, MAC address and a credit card. I would take the Mac address from the Integra setup menu screen as accurate, and you do not need all the digits for an Audyssey license.

That's better than my reply on the other thread he posted. I thought the context was the process of logging onto the unit with MultEQ Pro, and as I now read it, it is for the purposes of assigning a license to a specific unit. For this, it is critical that the correct MAC be used.

Jeff
post #1788 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyhd70 View Post

can someone enlight me on the wifi, in the manual there is no metion wifi, and it seems it does not have wifi?

The only wifi option that I can found is cable to a pc/laptop that has wifi

or a modified network switch that has wifi connection repeaters

*It* does not have WiFi. People without hard-wired connections are adapting the units to their WiFi networks with ... adapters.

Jeff
post #1789 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks. The set up screen Mac Id and the Mac address in the router are quite different. I will follow your lead and hope for the best. Expect the kit next week.
post #1790 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Wireless member

Quote:

Thanks. The set up screen Mac Id and the Mac address in the router are quite different. I will follow your lead and hope for the best. Expect the kit next week.

That is weird, too weird. I'd probably try to find out why they are different before committing a MAC address to a license.

Jeff
post #1791 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is weird, too weird. I'd probably try to find out why they are different before committing a MAC address to a license.

Jeff

My question as well. I will work with Audyssey while I do this. I have asked an onkyo deleoper as well

I will set up a wired two unit LAN for this. Perhaps my netgear is 3700 is the culprit.

But oremote works fine using the same mac address as the netgear

I was hoping those who setup the pro kit using a hybrid wifi network would chime in on this.

Thought from the developer is that the buffalo Ethernet converter is hiding the correct address from the router and forwarding another.

I will play with this.
post #1792 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Wireless member

Looking at the rear panel diagram leads me to suspect that there might be multiple network capable interfaces on it. The ethernet certainly, but many devices can be networked through connections such as USB and IR. That would be my focus at this time in researching this....

Jeff
post #1793 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Lot's of audiophiles prefer analog over digital. Lot's do not. There is a lot of room for experimentation with the 80.2. I am sorry there is no pure setting.

I've read the posts on this thread and the owners manual. What I've been looking for is whether or not the 80.2 has what Denon calls "Pure Direct". That is bypassing the eq, video section and all digital processing. Leaving only volume and channel level. In short, if you send the 80.2 an analog audio signal is there a way for the 80.2 to pass it along to the power amp without ANY A/D/A conversion?
post #1794 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post

I've read the posts on this thread and the owners manual. What I've been looking for is whether or not the 80.2 has what Denon calls "Pure Direct". That is bypassing the eq, video section and all digital processing. Leaving only volume and channel level. In short, if you send the 80.2 an analog audio signal is there a way for the 80.2 to pass it along to the power amp without ANY A/D/A conversion?

You might want to look at the Onkyo version of this preamp, the PR-SC5508, which has a "Pure Audio" mode that the Integra does not have.
post #1795 of 3832 Old 02-18-2011, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Looking at the rear panel diagram leads me to suspect that there might be multiple network capable interfaces on it. The ethernet certainly, but many devices can be networked through connections such as USB and IR. That would be my focus at this time in researching this....

Jeff

Went to a simple trend net five port switch and a laptop hard wired This works but I will need to see how it works with the kit

I think the buffalo forwards it's Mac address along with the ip of the device attached.
Edit: buffalo has a trouble shooting FAQ on this. I need to change an advanced option to forward the correct
Mac address
post #1796 of 3832 Old 02-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Wireless member

Quote:

Went to a simple trend net five port switch and a laptop hard wired This works but I will need to see how it works with the kit

I think the buffalo forwards it's Mac address along with the ip of the device attached.
Edit: buffalo has a trouble shooting FAQ on this. I need to change an advanced option to forward the correct
Mac address

Terminology heads up ... with only a switch, you will need to manually enter IP addresses into the devices attached. If your "switch" is really a router with a switch, then it will assign IP addresses dynamically.

Jeff
post #1797 of 3832 Old 02-19-2011, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas View Post

You might want to look at the Onkyo version of this preamp, the PR-SC5508, which has a "Pure Audio" mode that the Integra does not have.

I think the only difference in Pure Audio in the Onkyo from Direct in the integra is that the Onkyo's video processing is turned off. Getting back to the original question, as far as anyone seems to know, Direct mode on the Integra will bypass any DSD processing and pass the analog input without a-d-a.
post #1798 of 3832 Old 02-19-2011, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mac address

I have been doing the Pro calibrations with a simple hardwired network: PC - hub- Integra. So, I have not had a problem. And, the license purchase requires only the low order digits of the Integra's MAC address from its Network screen in Setup. I have a hunch that the Integra's actual, internal MAC address is encrypted in the long and hairy license key. (Enter that in Pro via copy and paste. It's too hairy to try to type.) If so, I would use the MAC address from the Integra in obtaining your key.
post #1799 of 3832 Old 02-19-2011, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Terminology heads up ... with only a switch, you will need to manually enter IP addresses into the devices attached. If your "switch" is really a router with a switch, then it will assign IP addresses dynamically.

Jeff

Thanks. I tried this and the integra had an ip address and my laptop saw the integras website at that ip.

Perhaps the switch gave the address or perhaps the vista OS for my laptop gave the address. I had turned off my laptops wi fi forthis exercise

The trendnet is a cheap 5 port switch that says it can sustain a LAN It does not say anything about assigning ip addresses

I should get the kit next week and we shall see. .
post #1800 of 3832 Old 02-19-2011, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have been doing the Pro calibrations with a simple hardwired network: PC - hub- Integra. So, I have not had a problem. And, the license purchase requires only the low order digits of the Integra's MAC address from its Network screen in Setup. I have a hunch that the Integra's actual, internal MAC address is encrypted in the long and hairy license key. (Enter that in Pro via copy and paste. It's too hairy to try to type.) If so, I would use the MAC address from the Integra in obtaining your key.

Thanks for your advice. What is your hub?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page