The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 3830 Old 02-19-2011, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anybody had issues with the remote? The remote stopped controlling the 80.2 yesterday, though it still controls the cable box. I tried to reset the remote (holding receiver button and home button), but that did not do anything. I changed batteries, but nothing either. I tried to program my Comcast remote, but I could not get that to work either.
Integra wants me to reset the 80.2, but I do not want to loose all my settings.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 3830 Old 02-19-2011, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcaraldo215 View Post

I think the only difference in Pure Audio in the Onkyo from Direct in the integra is that the Onkyo's video processing is turned off. Getting back to the original question, as far as anyone seems to know, Direct mode on the Integra will bypass any DSD processing and pass the analog input without a-d-a.

Explanations of Pure Audio and Direct Modes from Outlaw Audio's guide to the Onkyo PR-SC886:

Pure Audio
There is a tremendous amount of processing power available in the PR-SC886, but in some cases it is more desirable to preserve clean a signal path as possible. With this in mind, the Pure Audio listening mode disables the front panel display and the analog video circuitry (only the HDMI output will provide a video signal). Audio processing is also kept to a minimum. Each incoming channel is sent directly to its output, untouched by the DSP circuits. Bass management, channel trim, speaker delay, and equalization are all disabled. Analog inputs thus remain pure analog when in this listening mode, with only volume control touching the signal.

Direct
The Direct listening mode shares a similar minimalist goal with the Pure Audio listening mode, although the video circuits and front panel display are not turned off. The source’s audio channels are output exactly as they are input, with no surround processing or downmixing applied. As with Pure Audio, this means that no bass management, channel trim, speaker delay, or equalization is applied and analog inputs remain analog.
post #1803 of 3830 Old 02-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

Thanks for your advice. What is your hub?

It's actually a Linksys wireless router with 4 network ports.
post #1804 of 3830 Old 02-19-2011, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness77 View Post

Has anybody had issues with the remote? The remote stopped controlling the 80.2 yesterday, though it still controls the cable box. I tried to reset the remote (holding receiver button and home button), but that did not do anything. I changed batteries, but nothing either. I tried to program my Comcast remote, but I could not get that to work either.
Integra wants me to reset the 80.2, but I do not want to loose all my settings.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

I had the exact same thing happen to me, but only worse. The entire unit wouldn't respond to any commands. It fixed itself when I unplugged it for a few hours.

David Vaughn

Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer

Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)

post #1805 of 3830 Old 02-19-2011, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post

I had the exact same thing happen to me, but only worse. The entire unit wouldn't respond to any commands. It fixed itself when I unplugged it for a few hours.

I will unplug it tonight, and see if that works.

Thanks
post #1806 of 3830 Old 02-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Hi All

I've been considering replacing a pre-pro and amp that I have with the DHC 80.2 and the DTA 70.1. But I'm wondering whether newer models of the pre-pro and the amp will be coming out anytime within the next 6 months. I know that models keep coming out each year, and one cannot always have the latest model, but I also do not want to purchase a unit a month before a newer version comes out! Any advice would be helpful.

Also, I know that we are not supposed to talk price on this forum. But are any deals to be had for these two units over the President's Day weekend? You can send me a PM if you do not want to post the information.

Thansk.

Cal68

Cal68
post #1807 of 3830 Old 02-19-2011, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Cal,

They won't be releasing a new unit until in the fall, so there's no worries there. With any Onkyo/Integra product, be sure to buy from an authorized retailer or else you'll lose the warranty.

David Vaughn

post #1808 of 3830 Old 02-19-2011, 07:53 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 View Post

I've been considering replacing a pre-pro and amp that I have with the DHC 80.2 and the DTA 70.1.

Cal68

I have that exact combo so if you have any questions feel free to PM me. for the record I find my system absolutely stunning. The number one thing I would suggest is only running 7.1 (or 7.2) and using the extra two amps in the DTA to bi-amp your fronts. Amazing.
post #1809 of 3830 Old 02-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

Cal,

They won't be releasing a new unit until in the fall, so there's no worries there. With any Onkyo/Integra product, be sure to buy from an authorized retailer or else you'll lose the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallnick View Post

I have that exact combo so if you have any questions feel free to PM me. for the record I find my system absolutely stunning. The number one thing I would suggest is only running 7.1 (or 7.2) and using the extra two amps in the DTA to bi-amp your fronts. Amazing.

Many thanks for your feedback. I will definitely purchase it from an authorized dealer, and will be running a 7.1 system with it.

Tallnick, I'll probably send you a PM with a few specific questions about the unit in the next week or so. Thanks for agreeing to chat with me by
PM.

Cal68

Cal68
post #1810 of 3830 Old 02-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallnick View Post

It is an amazing piece of gear, but what it is doing is not bi-amping.
post #1811 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-t View Post

I have been looking at the 40.2 real hard and am now also taking a peak at the 80.2. With that said, what separates the 80.2 from the 40.2 to justify double the cost. I am just trying to weigh my options if I should go with the 80.2.

Any feedback on this. I know the 80.2 uses MultEQ-XT32 versus the 40.2 and MultEQ in which I have been reading is a big leap but just wanting to know of any other advantages.
post #1812 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-t View Post

Any feedback on this. I know the 80.2 uses MultEQ-XT32 versus the 40.2 and MultEQ in which I have been reading is a big leap but just wanting to know of any other advantages.

eric -- sent u the comparison via your email a couple of days ago.
post #1813 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I have been beta testing Oremote version 1.23 on my Itouch 4.

I have just been told it has been released as an app for the ipad, iphone and ipod.

The latest version has worked well for me. I use it to change and compare codecs (stereo neo, neural, thx), change volume and choose sources instead of the remote. If you have a zone in another room it would be very useful. For me the latest version installs with no issues on my wifi network. I tried the free Onkyo Itouch app as well. It was not optimized for the Integra and seemed a bit awkward to use. I do think for people with wifi and an ipad, ipod, or itouch this app would be worthwhile addition.

From the oremote website:

Wireless control of your networked-enabled Onkyo or Integra receiver

1. Zero-configuration setup - App auto-detects your AVR and sets itself up
2. Controls Sources for all zones, custom labels for sources, enable/hide sources
3. Zone Controls for all supported zones, including power, volume, and source selection
4. Controls playback of UP-A1 iPod Dock and UP-HT1 HD Radio Tuner
5. Controls playback of built-in tuner
6. Controls playback of USB sources, iRadio, DLNA and Windows Media shared media.
7. Select iRadio presets by dial control
8. Select listening modes by pushbutton or dial control
9. Display of audio and video source and output information - HDMI, Bitrate, etc.
10. Display of media playback on screen - no need to turn on the TV
11. Display of menus for media playback (2010 model AVRs only)
12. RI, RIHD (HDMI CEC) control for BluRay, DVD players, and the DS-A3 iPod dock
13. Port tab auto-detects whether HDRadio or iPod is active
14. Speaker Layout
15. In-app Settings
post #1814 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Everyone -
I wanted to pass on the results of some experimenting this weekend. I was lucky enough to be hosted by Dan Smith at Intelligent Electronics over in Raleigh on Saturday for some testing of my popping 80.2. Short results: my unit performed exactly the same as theirs in their set-up.

There is a barely audible click that you can hear through the speakers (independent of the power state of the amp - ie amp on) when the 80.2 locks onto an audio source during start-up. But when I say barely audible, I mean barely audible. We both had to plant our ears right up against the driver to hear it in both of the units that we tested. The click was identical in my unit and theirs and was completely inaudible even inches from the driver. Given the uniformity of the data from these test (we literally had one monoblock connected to my 80.2 to one speaker and and another monoblock to another speaker with their 80.2) - we decided it probably wasn't worth it to bring their unit back to my house. I think this data reinforces that these clicks are situation dependent - whether it is the wiring in my house, my wyred4sound amp, ps audio power plant, some other combination of those or other equipment - this click is far more audible in my system.
post #1815 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Wireless member

Does the Oremote work with the 885?
post #1816 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Does the Oremote work with the 885?

It would not do as much and would need a serial to ethernet converter. The converters are expensive (~$100). You should check the web site and then email the developer. He has worked hard to make the program work with a large number of older Onkyo AVRs. I only used it with my 80.2

Joel
post #1817 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have been beta testing Oremote version 1.23 on my Itouch 4.

I have just been told it has been released as an app for the ipad, iphone and ipod.

The latest version has worked well for me. I use it to change and compare codecs (stereo neo, neural, thx), change volume and choose sources instead of the remote. If you have a zone in another room it would be very useful. For me the latest version installs with no issues on my wifi network. I tried the free Onkyo Itouch app as well. It was not optimized for the Integra and seemed a bit awkward to use. I do think for people with wifi and an ipad, ipod, or itouch this app would be worthwhile addition.

From the oremote website:

Wireless control of your networked-enabled Onkyo or Integra receiver

1. Zero-configuration setup - App auto-detects your AVR and sets itself up
2. Controls Sources for all zones, custom labels for sources, enable/hide sources
3. Zone Controls for all supported zones, including power, volume, and source selection
4. Controls playback of UP-A1 iPod Dock and UP-HT1 HD Radio Tuner
5. Controls playback of built-in tuner
6. Controls playback of USB sources, iRadio, DLNA and Windows Media shared media.
7. Select iRadio presets by dial control
8. Select listening modes by pushbutton or dial control
9. Display of audio and video source and output information - HDMI, Bitrate, etc.
10. Display of media playback on screen - no need to turn on the TV
11. Display of menus for media playback (2010 model AVRs only)
12. RI, RIHD (HDMI CEC) control for BluRay, DVD players, and the DS-A3 iPod dock
13. Port tab auto-detects whether HDRadio or iPod is active
14. Speaker Layout
15. In-app Settings

I guess its time to stop waiting for Onkyo's app...promised at the "end of Januray 2011".
post #1818 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Wireless member

Quote:

It would not do as much and would need a serial to ethernet converter. The converters are expensive (~$100). You should check the web site and then email the developer. He has worked hard to make the program work with a large number of older Onkyo AVRs. I only used it with my 80.2

Joel

Thanks, Joel.

Do I take from this that the 885 is not IP-controllable?

Are you familiar with the iRule? I have been following that thread in anticipation of making this one of my next projects ...

Jeff
post #1819 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks, Joel.

Do I take from this that the 885 is not IP-controllable?

Are you familiar with the iRule? I have been following that thread in anticipation of making this one of my next projects ...

Jeff

I rule seems like a lot of work. I am not sure about the 885. The oremote guy (rworne- is his avs id) seems quite expert on these issues

Joel
post #1820 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga View Post

I guess its time to stop waiting for Onkyo's app...promised at the "end of Januray 2011".

There is an Onkyo app out now . It does not list the Integra but it does work with the sister Onkyo and with the 80.2 . Just not as much control as one would like. The price is right.

I found oremote much better. Try the free one and then see if you can get a trial on oremote. I think it costs ~$5.00
post #1821 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Wireless member

Quote:

I rule seems like a lot of work. I am not sure about the 885. The oremote guy (rworne- is his avs id) seems quite expert on these issues

Joel

iRule can control everything controllable in the house, i.e. the whole house .. lighting, HVAC, security, A/V, espresso machine. Plus they will support Android devices soon.

Jeff
post #1822 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

iRule can control everything controllable in the house, i.e. the whole house .. lighting, HVAC, security, A/V, espresso machine. Plus they will support Android devices soon.

Jeff

your expresso macihne is on your LAN?
post #1823 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 01:06 PM

Im having a major issue with the DTR-80.2

I know this is the DHC-80.2 thread - but they really are the same machine when it comes to Video/HDMI processing, no?

Heres my issue:

DISPLAY: JVC RS-50
CONNECTION: 40' HDMI Directional 1.4a
AVR/PROCESSOR: Integra DTR-80.2
SOURCE: DirecTV HR24-500 (intermittent video. audio ok)
SOURCE: AppleTV 160gb (intermittent video. audio ok)
SOURCE: PS3 Slim 160gb (video ok. audio ok)
SOURCE: X-Box 360 (video ok. audio ok)

PROBLEM: Video loss after changing channels or changing sources. Sometimes no video from start up. When i connect the 40' HDMI directly from the DirecTV HR24 to the JVC RS50 = no issues.
I always get audio ...but almost 90% of either startup or source switch yields no video on DTV or ATV.
Also, tried every combination of Resolution settings on the AVR and DTV box = no change in results.
Also, tried a Gefen HDMI Booster/Repeater (as suggested by Integra tech support) = did not help.
Integra Tech Support (Cedric) claimed "issues with any HDMI over 15 feet"
post #1824 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Wireless member

Quote:

your expresso machine is on your LAN?

Sure, and the kitty litter, too.
post #1825 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetav View Post

Have you tried both HDMI outputs and changing your monitor out settings?
post #1826 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetav View Post

I know this is the DHC-80.2 thread - but they really are the same machine when it comes to Video/HDMI processing, no?

Heres my issue:

DISPLAY: JVC RS-50
CONNECTION: 40' HDMI Directional 1.4a
AVR/PROCESSOR: Integra DTR-80.2
SOURCE: DirecTV HR24-500 (intermittent video. audio ok)
SOURCE: AppleTV 160gb (intermittent video. audio ok)
SOURCE: PS3 Slim 160gb (video ok. audio ok)
SOURCE: X-Box 360 (video ok. audio ok)

PROBLEM: Video loss after changing channels or changing sources. Sometimes no video from start up. When i connect the 40' HDMI directly from the DirecTV HR24 to the JVC RS50 = no issues.
I always get audio ...but almost 90% of either startup or source switch yields no video on DTV or ATV.
Also, tried every combination of Resolution settings on the AVR and DTV box = no change in results.
Also, tried a Gefen HDMI Booster/Repeater (as suggested by Integra tech support) = did not help.
Integra Tech Support (Cedric) claimed "issues with any HDMI over 15 feet"

I bet it's the Integra's HDMI output, which have always had weak HDMI signals being output. I use a fiber optic HDMI cable and with any other AVR/Prepro, I don't need to use a power cable with it, but with every Onkyo/Integra unit I've had to.

David Vaughn

post #1827 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas View Post

Have you tried both HDMI outputs and changing your monitor out settings?

No have not tried the 2nd mon out .... worth a try.
And changing Mon Out Settings = yes tried that
post #1828 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:

I bet it's the Integra's HDMI output, which have always had weak HDMI signals being output.

Don't recall hearing this before.
I have been using a Monoprice 35 foot cable (Product ID 2805) for over 4 years with an Onkyo TX-NR906, then a PR-SC886 and now a PR-SC5508 and have never had an issue.
post #1829 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:

I bet it's the Integra's HDMI output, which have always had weak HDMI signals being output. I use a fiber optic HDMI cable and with any other AVR/Prepro, I don't need to use a power cable with it, but with every Onkyo/Integra unit I've had to.

I think its the Integras HDMI Output too .... but i dont think it has to do with "weak" signal since the bosster/repeater (powered by +5vdc) did not help .... and the fact that sometimes i see picture and only when i change channel or source do i lose it.

Makes me believe (with my analog logic) that its a 'handshake' 'sync' issue.

People have suggested an HDMI switcher (defeats the purpose of an AVR) or a Cat5/6 balun sytem, but theres another thread reporting the same problem with a balun system.

Integra keeps insisting on trying a 9-15 foot HDMI cable to see if that solves the problem - and I say: "I dont care if it works with a 9-15' cable ....i need it t work with a 40' cable ...the projector and equipment are in 2 different rooms"

The irony in all this is i actually pushed to get the Integra into this system over a Denon 4311ci.
post #1830 of 3830 Old 02-21-2011, 04:18 PM

Have you tried the HDMI forum:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...ysprune=&f=168
You might be more likely to find a solution there.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Integra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page