Originally Posted by jmschnur
I have been beta testing Oremote version 1.23 on my Itouch 4.
I have just been told it has been released as an app for the ipad, iphone and ipod.
The latest version has worked well for me. I use it to change and compare codecs (stereo neo, neural, thx), change volume and choose sources instead of the remote. If you have a zone in another room it would be very useful. For me the latest version installs with no issues on my wifi network. I tried the free Onkyo Itouch app as well. It was not optimized for the Integra and seemed a bit awkward to use. I do think for people with wifi and an ipad, ipod, or itouch this app would be worthwhile addition.
From the oremote website:Wireless control of your networked-enabled Onkyo or Integra receiver
1. Zero-configuration setup - App auto-detects your AVR and sets itself up
2. Controls Sources for all zones, custom labels for sources, enable/hide sources
3. Zone Controls for all supported zones, including power, volume, and source selection
4. Controls playback of UP-A1 iPod Dock and UP-HT1 HD Radio Tuner
5. Controls playback of built-in tuner
6. Controls playback of USB sources, iRadio, DLNA and Windows Media shared media.
7. Select iRadio presets by dial control
8. Select listening modes by pushbutton or dial control
9. Display of audio and video source and output information - HDMI, Bitrate, etc.
10. Display of media playback on screen - no need to turn on the TV
11. Display of menus for media playback (2010 model AVRs only)
12. RI, RIHD (HDMI CEC) control for BluRay, DVD players, and the DS-A3 iPod dock
13. Port tab auto-detects whether HDRadio or iPod is active
14. Speaker Layout
15. In-app Settings