Forum Jump: 

post #2191 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Jeff

Looks like Outlaw is having a sale on their Model 7700 amplifier. Until the 25th of April, the unit is 25% off. Do you have any information about this unit? It appears to have most of the features that I want, including a very good price, but I don't know much about Outlaw or how good their products are. Thanks.

Cal68

Cal68
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 View Post

Jeff

Looks like Outlaw is having a sale on their Model 7700 amplifier. Until the 25th of April, the unit is 25% off. Do you have any information about this unit? It appears to have most of the features that I want, including a very good price, but I don't know much about Outlaw or how good their products are. Thanks.

Cal68

"Rumor" has it that at least some of their amps are made for them by ... ATI. Visit their forum (Saloon) and read some of the posts on the amp thread.

I have owned Outlaw gear and would have bought the upcoming 978 if it had Audyssey DSX. I have over the years recommended Outlaw to friends and they have always had good experiences.

Jeff
post #2193 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

"Rumor" has it that at least some of their amps are made for them by ... ATI. Visit their forum (Saloon) and read some of the posts on the amp thread.

I have owned Outlaw gear and would have bought the upcoming 978 if it had Audyssey DSX. I have over the years recommended Outlaw to friends and they have always had good experiences.

Jeff

Jeff

Outlaw seems to be an internet dealer with a 30 day money back return policy. This makes them appealing to me since I could return the amp if I am not satisfied with it. I may give the 7700 a try. I have a couple of SVS subwoofers and Oppo DVD players, so if Outlaw's customer service and return policy is half as good as those companies, getting a Model 7700 unit may be a no-brainer! Thanks again for the tip.

Cal68

Cal68
post #2194 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Wireless member

Glad to help you .. spend your money .. keeping the economy going.
post #2195 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Glad to help you .. spend your money .. keeping the economy going.

But thanks to you, I'm probably going to spend less money now than if I were to purchase the DTA 70.1 from my local dealer!

Cal68

Cal68
post #2196 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

I'm curious to learn what amplifier people are using to drive the Integra DHC 80.2. Are you using the Integra DTA 70.1, or another amp? I've pretty much decided to get the DHC 80.2 as my pre-pro, but I am still undecided on the amp. Personally, I'd like an amp with a little more power than the DTA 70.1 to drive my B&W Nautilus 803 speakers, so I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Cal68

It may be too pricey for you, but I am using a stereo version of the Spectron Musician III Mk. 2 for my main channels. It is a class D amp that is as neutral and refined as any amp I have heard. plus 600 w at 8 ohms. They make a 5 -channel version, but I do not like that configuration because of the long speaker wire runs to the rear channels.

I am using some Parasound Halo amps for my rear channels (A23's), and I think they are a very decent amp at a reasonable price. They have bigger brothers in the lineup.

A friend is quite happy with his Anthem amps.

I have no direct experience, but a lot of people have good things to say about Emotiva.

Those would be my recommendations to consider before getting into real super pricey stuff.
post #2197 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm also using a Class D - wyred4sound in my case. Not nearly as aggressive price wise as the amp that fitz is using. You'll probably want to take a listen with your speakers first if you can find a dealer in your area who would be willing to lend you something from someone like Rotel - what sounds neutral to some can sound harsh to others - especially those that are used to a more warm sound from their equipment.

Also as Fitz said - you'll hear very few negative things said about Emotiva. Amazing value.
post #2198 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Wireless member

Quote:

But thanks to you, I'm probably going to spend less money now than if I were to purchase the DTA 70.1 from my local dealer!

Cal68

I have great confidence that if you had budgeted the funds, you will find something to spend them on.

Jeff
post #2199 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also am using Parasound Halo amps and find the match to be excellent.
The Classic series amp sounds tremendous as well.

I can help point you in the direction of a good deal if you're interested - send me a PM.

Jack
post #2200 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I use an outlaw 7500 for center and surrounds and back surround. Bryston for my l/r Vantages. Both have done well.
post #2201 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

I'm curious to learn what amplifier people are using to drive the Integra DHC 80.2. Are you using the Integra DTA 70.1, or another amp? I've pretty much decided to get the DHC 80.2 as my pre-pro, but I am still undecided on the amp. Personally, I'd like an amp with a little more power than the DTA 70.1 to drive my B&W Nautilus 803 speakers, so I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Cal68

I have an 80.1. I do a lot of 2 channel listening and have always wanted a mcintosh amp since I first saw and heard one several years ago. I have a 252 for main l/r. I use a Rotel rmb-1095 for the other 5 channels.

post #2202 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I have a DHC 40.1 and thought i'd post here...
How can I easily add an internet station, like 'radio paradise', to my Integra? Do I have to use my computer to do this?

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

post #2203 of 3832 Old 04-22-2011, 09:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:

Cal68

Earthquake Cinenova. 328 wpc @ 8 Ohms. 600 wpc @ 4 Ohms. It kicks A$$ with my Triad Platinums.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #2204 of 3832 Old 04-23-2011, 08:35 AM

I am having trouble trying to get my new 80.2 to play a couple of flac files. I am using Windows Media 11 on XP as a server.

The 80.2 can see the files but just flashes an error message "Cannot play..." (or similar) when I try to play them.

It plays MP3s OK from the same source.

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

Edit: I should add that the flacs play fine on my PC using WMP, so I don't think they are corrupt. Mediainfo reports one of them as 2 channels, 44.1 KHz, and the other as 2 channels, 88.2 KHz.
post #2205 of 3832 Old 04-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
I have a DHC 40.1 and thought i'd post here...
How can I easily add an internet station, like 'radio paradise', to my Integra? Do I have to use my computer to do this?
Yes, you do. It should be as simple as logging onto the the 40.1 and adding the proper URLs. However, after trying and failing to add four different internet radio stations to my 5508, I gave up. (I could add the URLs, but they failed to connect.) Maybe an email to Onkyo customer service would shed some light on this. They will respond, but it takes a week or so.
post #2206 of 3832 Old 04-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Wireless member

Anybody else having problems connecting with MultEQ Pro? I get a communications timeout message after entering what I know to be the static IP address and port number. If I do that while an internet radio station is playing, the message pops up, but the unit's display says "AudysseyPro" and it locks up with going into standby as the only way to regain control. Plus, internet radio no longer plays until I remove and replace the ethernet cable.

My apologies, I will be cross-posting this for maximum exposure!

Jeff
post #2207 of 3832 Old 04-24-2011, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anybody else having problems connecting with MultEQ Pro? I get a communications timeout message after entering what I know to be the static IP address and port number. If I do that while an internet radio station is playing, the message pops up, but the unit's display says "AudysseyPro" and it locks up with going into standby as the only way to regain control. Plus, internet radio no longer plays until I remove and replace the ethernet cable.

My apologies, I will be cross-posting this for maximum exposure!

Jeff

Funny, I ran Audyssey pro for the first time the other day on my 80.2 and it kept giving me timeout failures and I finally got it to run through with only 3 positions. I spoke to someone at Integra engineering and he said that he has not heard of any netowrk issues. I also mentioned that on several of my customers 50.2 units they have trouble getting Pandora to work reliably. He says onkyo/Integra has no knowledge of internet issues. I even have one 50.2 that wont even see teh network enough to get firmware updates.

The one useful thing he did tell me is that if you enable the TCP control under the network settings that will keep the network board on when powered off and (yes the unit will use more power in standby), that will keep the unit connected to the router and give much faster connection to pandora, etc. So it drops the "connecting..." from about 30 seconds to like 10!

Just enjoy HD in whatever form you can (Sat, Cable, D-VHS, OTA, HD DVD, or BD).
post #2208 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCW View Post

I am having trouble trying to get my new 80.2 to play a couple of flac files. I am using Windows Media 11 on XP as a server.

The 80.2 can see the files but just flashes an error message "Cannot play..." (or similar) when I try to play them.

It plays MP3s OK from the same source.

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

Edit: I should add that the flacs play fine on my PC using WMP, so I don't think they are corrupt. Mediainfo reports one of them as 2 channels, 44.1 KHz, and the other as 2 channels, 88.2 KHz.

I've found these files play fine from a USB stick, so I guess it must be some sort of incompatibility with WMP 11. I can't get anything to work using PS3 Media Server, so I gues that's completely incompatible.

Is anyone streaming Flac from a PC, and if so, what DLNA server software are you using?

I was hoping to rip my whole CD collection to Flac and stream it to the 80.2.

Any help much appreciated.

Dave.
post #2209 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 03:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Spackman View Post

Funny, I ran Audyssey pro for the first time the other day on my 80.2 and it kept giving me timeout failures and I finally got it to run through with only 3 positions. I spoke to someone at Integra engineering and he said that he has not heard of any netowrk issues. I also mentioned that on several of my customers 50.2 units they have trouble getting Pandora to work reliably. He says onkyo/Integra has no knowledge of internet issues. I even have one 50.2 that wont even see teh network enough to get firmware updates.

The one useful thing he did tell me is that if you enable the TCP control under the network settings that will keep the network board on when powered off and (yes the unit will use more power in standby), that will keep the unit connected to the router and give much faster connection to pandora, etc. So it drops the "connecting..." from about 30 seconds to like 10!

Hello,
On the Oppo 93 forum, one user was having trouble and it was solved by a firmware update to the router. Prior to the update everything appeared to connect correctly using both static & dynamic addressing, but still it was not working.
Nice to have seen you @ Ivan's
Carl

--Carl
post #2210 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 03:43 AM
Advanced Member

Hi All

I just wanted to give you an update on my weekend purchases. I finally decided to go with the Integra 80.2 pre-pro and the 70.1 amp combination. I got a package deal on the two units and the dealer also agreed to take back the 70.1 if I felt that it was underpowered. He will bring both units on Thursday and set them up (biamping two front speakers using the extra set of outs from the 9 channel amp). So if I'm not happy with the power in the 70.1 amp, I'll return it and get something else. I won't be able to do much movie watching/music listening this upcoming weekend as I will have guests at home, but I'll post my thoughts after the following weekend.

Many thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to my message requesting suggestions for an amp to go with the Integra 80.2.

Cal68

Cal68
post #2211 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I spoke to someone at Integra engineering and he said that he has not heard of any netowrk issues.

Shocking.
I had an engineer tell me the same thing...three days before the November firmware came out specifically addressing network connectivity issues.

I have also had problems with Audyssey Pro - but at a step farther along than you are experiencing Pepar - I've had the unit hang during the response transfers. Ended up giving up and coming back another day and it worked flawlessly.
post #2212 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga View Post

I have also had problems with Audyssey Pro - but at a step farther along than you are experiencing Pepar - I've had the unit hang during the response transfers.

... g r e a t ....
post #2213 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

Earthquake Cinenova. 328 wpc @ 8 Ohms. 600 wpc @ 4 Ohms. It kicks A$$ with my Triad Platinums.

Craig

I just added a Bryston 4BST for my fronts, I am driving Thiel 3.6 speakers. I have my 200 watt per channel Actarus amps for the remaining 5 channels. The Bryston sounds wonderful.
post #2214 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:

Funny, I ran Audyssey pro for the first time the other day on my 80.2 and it kept giving me timeout failures and I finally got it to run through with only 3 positions. I spoke to someone at Integra engineering and he said that he has not heard of any netowrk issues.

Well, he, personally, may never have heard of it but Integra and Audyssey do know about it and the only solution offered (to me) was to run the ALL-CLEAR wipe. And, while that is effective, it is not a proper solution.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #2215 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

I got a package deal on the two units and the dealer also agreed to take back the 70.1 if I felt that it was underpowered. He will bring both units on Thursday and set them up (biamping two front speakers using the extra set of outs from the 9 channel amp).

If you are concerned about sufficient power output from the 70.1, do not passive bi amp. That is just a waste of power, as the tweeter network filters ~90% of the full range power that the amp delivers. Instead, leave two channels fallow. Because of the shared power transformer, the seven active channels have slightly more power available that would have otherwise powered the two inactive channels.

AJ
post #2216 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga View Post

Shocking.
I had an engineer tell me the same thing...three days before the November firmware came out specifically addressing network connectivity issues.

I have also had problems with Audyssey Pro - but at a step farther along than you are experiencing Pepar - I've had the unit hang during the response transfers. Ended up giving up and coming back another day and it worked flawlessly.

Are u guys really talking to an 'engineer' or is it customer support ? Customer support from any company will not readily admit to 'problems', and usually respond with the pat 'never heard of that before'.
post #2217 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanl715 View Post

Are u guys really talking to an 'engineer' or is it customer support ?

I 'spoke' with the Product Manager.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #2218 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Is this an Audyssey issue: cause or the AVR?

Lots of moving parts router , AVR , network , Audyssey etc
post #2219 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Cal68

Running an Emotiva XPA-2 for my mains, and an Emotiva XPA-5 for the remaining 5 channels. Beastly...

ABS!NTH
PSN: ABS1NTH
XBL: ABSiNTH69
post #2220 of 3832 Old 04-25-2011, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

You might look at Bryston.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags