AVS Forum banner

The Official Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/Pro Thread

Tags
integra
405K views 4K replies 321 participants last post by  dean.prainito 
#1 ·
Well I have mine on order and can't wait to hear who gets theirs first and can share thoughts.

#2,204 ·
I am having trouble trying to get my new 80.2 to play a couple of flac files. I am using Windows Media 11 on XP as a server.

The 80.2 can see the files but just flashes an error message "Cannot play..." (or similar) when I try to play them.

It plays MP3s OK from the same source.

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

Edit: I should add that the flacs play fine on my PC using WMP, so I don't think they are corrupt. Mediainfo reports one of them as 2 channels, 44.1 KHz, and the other as 2 channels, 88.2 KHz.

#2,205 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN
I have a DHC 40.1 and thought i'd post here...

How can I easily add an internet station, like 'radio paradise', to my Integra? Do I have to use my computer to do this?
Yes, you do. It should be as simple as logging onto the the 40.1 and adding the proper URLs. However, after trying and failing to add four different internet radio stations to my 5508, I gave up. (I could add the URLs, but they failed to connect.) Maybe an email to Onkyo customer service would shed some light on this. They will respond, but it takes a week or so.

#2,206 ·
Anybody else having problems connecting with MultEQ Pro? I get a communications timeout message after entering what I know to be the static IP address and port number. If I do that while an internet radio station is playing, the message pops up, but the unit's display says "AudysseyPro" and it locks up with going into standby as the only way to regain control. Plus, internet radio no longer plays until I remove and replace the ethernet cable.

My apologies, I will be cross-posting this for maximum exposure!

Jeff

#2,207 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar /forum/post/20350432

Anybody else having problems connecting with MultEQ Pro? I get a communications timeout message after entering what I know to be the static IP address and port number. If I do that while an internet radio station is playing, the message pops up, but the unit's display says "AudysseyPro" and it locks up with going into standby as the only way to regain control. Plus, internet radio no longer plays until I remove and replace the ethernet cable.

My apologies, I will be cross-posting this for maximum exposure!

Jeff

Funny, I ran Audyssey pro for the first time the other day on my 80.2 and it kept giving me timeout failures and I finally got it to run through with only 3 positions. I spoke to someone at Integra engineering and he said that he has not heard of any netowrk issues. I also mentioned that on several of my customers 50.2 units they have trouble getting Pandora to work reliably. He says onkyo/Integra has no knowledge of internet issues. I even have one 50.2 that wont even see teh network enough to get firmware updates.

The one useful thing he did tell me is that if you enable the TCP control under the network settings that will keep the network board on when powered off and (yes the unit will use more power in standby), that will keep the unit connected to the router and give much faster connection to pandora, etc. So it drops the "connecting..." from about 30 seconds to like 10!

#2,208 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCW /forum/post/20344830

I am having trouble trying to get my new 80.2 to play a couple of flac files. I am using Windows Media 11 on XP as a server.

The 80.2 can see the files but just flashes an error message "Cannot play..." (or similar) when I try to play them.

It plays MP3s OK from the same source.

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

Edit: I should add that the flacs play fine on my PC using WMP, so I don't think they are corrupt. Mediainfo reports one of them as 2 channels, 44.1 KHz, and the other as 2 channels, 88.2 KHz.

I've found these files play fine from a USB stick, so I guess it must be some sort of incompatibility with WMP 11. I can't get anything to work using PS3 Media Server, so I gues that's completely incompatible.

Is anyone streaming Flac from a PC, and if so, what DLNA server software are you using?

I was hoping to rip my whole CD collection to Flac and stream it to the 80.2.

Any help much appreciated.

Dave.

#2,209 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Spackman /forum/post/20351306

Funny, I ran Audyssey pro for the first time the other day on my 80.2 and it kept giving me timeout failures and I finally got it to run through with only 3 positions. I spoke to someone at Integra engineering and he said that he has not heard of any netowrk issues. I also mentioned that on several of my customers 50.2 units they have trouble getting Pandora to work reliably. He says onkyo/Integra has no knowledge of internet issues. I even have one 50.2 that wont even see teh network enough to get firmware updates.

The one useful thing he did tell me is that if you enable the TCP control under the network settings that will keep the network board on when powered off and (yes the unit will use more power in standby), that will keep the unit connected to the router and give much faster connection to pandora, etc. So it drops the "connecting..." from about 30 seconds to like 10!

Hello,

On the Oppo 93 forum, one user was having trouble and it was solved by a firmware update to the router. Prior to the update everything appeared to connect correctly using both static & dynamic addressing, but still it was not working.

Nice to have seen you @ Ivan's

Carl

#2,210 ·
Hi All

I just wanted to give you an update on my weekend purchases. I finally decided to go with the Integra 80.2 pre-pro and the 70.1 amp combination. I got a package deal on the two units and the dealer also agreed to take back the 70.1 if I felt that it was underpowered. He will bring both units on Thursday and set them up (biamping two front speakers using the extra set of outs from the 9 channel amp). So if I'm not happy with the power in the 70.1 amp, I'll return it and get something else. I won't be able to do much movie watching/music listening this upcoming weekend as I will have guests at home, but I'll post my thoughts after the following weekend.

Many thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to my message requesting suggestions for an amp to go with the Integra 80.2.

Cal68

#2,211 ·

Quote:

I spoke to someone at Integra engineering and he said that he has not heard of any netowrk issues.

Shocking.

I had an engineer tell me the same thing...three days before the November firmware came out specifically addressing network connectivity issues.

I have also had problems with Audyssey Pro - but at a step farther along than you are experiencing Pepar - I've had the unit hang during the response transfers. Ended up giving up and coming back another day and it worked flawlessly.

#2,214 ·

Quote:

Funny, I ran Audyssey pro for the first time the other day on my 80.2 and it kept giving me timeout failures and I finally got it to run through with only 3 positions. I spoke to someone at Integra engineering and he said that he has not heard of any netowrk issues.

Well, he, personally, may never have heard of it but Integra and Audyssey do know about it and the only solution offered (to me) was to run the ALL-CLEAR wipe. And, while that is effective, it is not a proper solution.

#2,215 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 /forum/post/20351584

I got a package deal on the two units and the dealer also agreed to take back the 70.1 if I felt that it was underpowered. He will bring both units on Thursday and set them up (biamping two front speakers using the extra set of outs from the 9 channel amp).

If you are concerned about sufficient power output from the 70.1, do not passive bi amp. That is just a waste of power, as the tweeter network filters ~90% of the full range power that the amp delivers. Instead, leave two channels fallow. Because of the shared power transformer, the seven active channels have slightly more power available that would have otherwise powered the two inactive channels.

AJ

#2,216 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigga /forum/post/20351935

Shocking.

I had an engineer tell me the same thing...three days before the November firmware came out specifically addressing network connectivity issues.

I have also had problems with Audyssey Pro - but at a step farther along than you are experiencing Pepar - I've had the unit hang during the response transfers. Ended up giving up and coming back another day and it worked flawlessly.

Are u guys really talking to an 'engineer' or is it customer support ? Customer support from any company will not readily admit to 'problems', and usually respond with the pat 'never heard of that before'.

#2,219 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 /forum/post/20340251

I'm curious to learn what amplifier people are using to drive the Integra DHC 80.2. Are you using the Integra DTA 70.1, or another amp? I've pretty much decided to get the DHC 80.2 as my pre-pro, but I am still undecided on the amp. Personally, I'd like an amp with a little more power than the DTA 70.1 to drive my B&W Nautilus 803 speakers, so I'm looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Cal68

Running an Emotiva XPA-2 for my mains, and an Emotiva XPA-5 for the remaining 5 channels. Beastly...

#2,224 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar
That'll be in the July issue.
Jeff

Your report will also be quite valuable. Since you had these trials and tribulations , I am looking for your assessment.

For me the best thing about pro was to adjust the mid bass correction and also to see the sub before response so I could better adjust it

I think the extra measuring points will make a difference once I am done tweaking the room.

Joel

#2,225 ·
What's the general opinion on the quality of the AM/FM tuner included with the DHC-80.2? I don't recall seeing that in this thread.

#2,226 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-99 /forum/post/0

What's the general opinion on the quality of the AM/FM tuner included with the DHC-80.2? I don't recall seeing that in this thread.

It works fine in the DC metro area but I miss the HD I had with the 885.

#2,228 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur /forum/post/20352631

Is this an Audyssey issue: cause or the AVR?

Lots of moving parts router , AVR , network , Audyssey etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/20353443

That's my question, too.

Hi Kal,

What did Audyssey tell you?

Thanks.

Larry