Suggestion for Dolby/DTS HD for Bose computer speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay, my secondary HDTV system has been connected to my Bose Companion 3 stereo+sub speaker system that I initially bought for one of my computers. I ran the BluRay and HD DVR, etc, audio through an Adcom Dolby/DTS decoder/preamp, and then just the front R/L line-level output to the Bose via the stereo miniplug. As a secondary system, it was plenty good enough even though the 5.1 Dolby/DTS audio material was down-mixed to stereo.

But the Adcom gave up the ghost, and now I need an inexpensive alternative that does the same job: Decodes the audio signal from today's BluRay DVDs (Dolby and DTS and whatever other decoders I should have for BluRay watching) via optical or coax or HDMI input and down-mixes it to 2-channel output. I guess the only outputs that would work are either a 2-channel RCA-connector pre-amp output or perhaps the headphone output.

Any reason why the headphone output might not work in case there's no stereo RCA audio output?

One requirement is that the unit's volume control (adjustable by remote control, too) must also control that RCA or headphone output.

I'd like to keep it under $200, and I don't mind buying used. Along with 5.1 AV Receivers, I've also looked at gizmos like this, but it looks chancy:HDV-18A

Any suggestions or tips, please?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page