Pioneer VSX-1020-K HDMI Not Working - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 09-25-2010, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1st post here, Hoping someone has an answer for this, because I can't figure it out at all:

I have been using my pioneer VSX-1020-K for a little over a month with no problems. I have a Tivo Premiere and PS3 connected via HDMI. Last night I accidentally swung my TV mount around and ruined the HDMI cable at the connection to the TV (the connector remained in the TV HDMI input and the cable separated from the connector). After attaching a new HDMI cable to the TV and receiver I now cannot get any signal over HDMI. Is it possible that I somehow damaged the receiver when I broke the cable at the TV input?

I have tested all of the cables by connecting directly to the PS3 or tivo and they work fine. However, when I run my PS3 and tivo to the receiver via HDMI I don't get any sound or picture. The receiver can still play music when I attach my iPhone to it. I also tried plugging in the auto-setup microphone, and I can see on the receiver screen that it is detecting the microphone, but no picture shows up on the TV.

The only other thing I changed was adding an ethernet connection to my router at the same time as replacing the HDMI out cable to the TV. I have no idea what's going on and would appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page