post #271 of 1288 Old 12-28-2010, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch1977 View Post

Hey guys,

I recently picked up the retail equivalent of the VSX-33 (VSX-1325) and all is going good but I'm having a bit of an issue with my satellite video output.

I have the video being output by a DVI to HDMI cable which plugs into the back of the receiver. Then I want to use the optical audio out for volume. The audio is working fine, as in it comes through on the HDMI1 input but I'm not getting any video at all. I can bring up the receiver video but that's about it.

Any ideas on what I can try to fix that? I could always just switch to using components if I really have to I guess.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone might be able to offer some advice here. I tried connecting it with component and it works but the display is noticabley softer than when i connect the dvr to the tv using the DVI->HDMI cable.

Anyone know if there's possibly a setting on the receiver I can do to make it work with the DVI->HDMI cable?

Basically when I connect the DVI-HDMI cable coming from the DVR to the HDMI port on the receiver, on the DVR display it briefly flashes HDCP compliant error, then nothing. I can't get anything to display on the tv if it's connected through the receiver, I can get the optical audio to work fine however.

If I watch on the component feed when I connect the DVI-HDMI cable to the receiver when I make that connection on the TV a box pops up saying 'DVI Repeater Detected'. If that helps anything.

If anyone knows if there is some type of setting I can make on the receiver that might make this work I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1288 Old 12-28-2010, 12:38 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterasta View Post

I have just purchased a new vsx-32. I'm in Canada so it's called a vsx-1325 here. Got a great deal on it so I had to jump on it.

I'm in Canada and the VSX-32 is called VSX-32. I just got mine from Brault&Martineau. The VSX-1325 is a clone of the VSX-33 without the ELITE extra bonus.
post #273 of 1288 Old 12-28-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch1977 View Post

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone might be able to offer some advice here. I tried connecting it with component and it works but the display is noticabley softer than when i connect the dvr to the tv using the DVI->HDMI cable.

Anyone know if there's possibly a setting on the receiver I can do to make it work with the DVI->HDMI cable?

Basically when I connect the DVI-HDMI cable coming from the DVR to the HDMI port on the receiver, on the DVR display it briefly flashes HDCP compliant error, then nothing. I can't get anything to display on the tv if it's connected through the receiver, I can get the optical audio to work fine however.

If I watch on the component feed when I connect the DVI-HDMI cable to the receiver when I make that connection on the TV a box pops up saying 'DVI Repeater Detected'. If that helps anything.

If anyone knows if there is some type of setting I can make on the receiver that might make this work I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time

What Sat provider are you using? If it is Shaw Direct they have know problems, with the 505 and 530 STB's, when trying to pass a DVI-HDMI signal through any receiver.

Jason
post #274 of 1288 Old 12-28-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtrSound View Post

Reciever Choice?
I am looking at the Denon 3311, Onkyo 708/808/ or PIONEER VSX -32 Any thoughts?

If you don't need the 12V triggers that come with the VSX-32, look at its fraternal twin, the VSX-1120. The new Yamaha Aventage line looks nice too but the price is higher.
post #275 of 1288 Old 12-28-2010, 03:50 PM

Oh, ok thanks. So that being said what are the elite bonuses that dont come on my 1325?

Thanks
post #276 of 1288 Old 12-29-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jherring69 View Post

What Sat provider are you using? If it is Shaw Direct they have know problems, with the 505 and 530 STB's, when trying to pass a DVI-HDMI signal through any receiver.

Jason

It is Shaw Direct. Maybe I'll spring for their new PVR it should have hdmi out by now I would hope. Shaw really needs to step up their game hardware wise.

Thanks for the info.
post #277 of 1288 Old 12-29-2010, 08:50 AM

Just a quick comment on that point... Tell me again what the "ELITE extra bonus" is?
post #278 of 1288 Old 12-29-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post

BD, HDMI 1 (DVR 1), HDMI 2 (DVR 2), and HDMI 5 (computer).

So what I'm seeing here, you're looking for a way to associate different inputs to buttons on the remote [for the convenience of a single click]. Yes it would be nice to do so... and while your at it, re-paint the names of the buttons to match your setup.

As per page 39 of the manual, you can assign inputs to buttons and rename them to show correctly on the display of the unit... but you may sacrifice some associations. If you find you can't assign certain inputs to an item, turn off CONTROL - it will open up more possibilities - and will disable CEC in the process.
post #279 of 1288 Old 12-29-2010, 06:43 PM

Hey guys for all of us that were inquiring I spine to a pioneer rep tonight on their customer service line. They advised me that the VSX-1325 is in fact the VSX-33 without the amber display and they 3 year warranty is lowered to 2 years.

I still am too having issues trying to program it with my harmony receiver.
post #280 of 1288 Old 12-29-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexus View Post

Just a quick comment on that point... Tell me again what the "ELITE extra bonus" is?

12V trigger and the amber display and well... the "ELITE" in front of the receiver.

Maybe someone else could shine in on more information.... Because it can't possibly be only that...!!!
post #281 of 1288 Old 12-30-2010, 05:34 AM

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ctions0430.pdf

According to the manual, the 1325 does have the 12v trigger (two of them).
post #282 of 1288 Old 12-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Shaw Direct will upgrade your 530 to a 630 for $99 if your payment history is good. You must return the 530.

To get this deal, simply call. Do not bother explaining this to the CSR who answers. Just ask to be switched to "Customer Retentions"

This is a good deal as only 6XX models will be able to receive signals from Anik G1 when it comes online in 2012.
post #283 of 1288 Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrashyguy View Post
First post, crew!

Just got the VSX 32 last night and took an hour or so to hook up. PS3, Xbox, Comcast cable tv all work great and speakers sound superb, however I am experiencing this exact same pass through issue. HDMI Control is ON and HDMI is not set to Eco (double checked). When I turn off the receiver while watching Comcast cable (via HDMI), I get picture & sound through my TV for a few seconds before I get the "No signal" message on my Sony NX810. I turn off my receiver, turn on the tv, cable box and it says "no signal". Any thoughts? Greatly appreciate your help!!

Same problem here! Same settings and same Sony TV.

Same result with Motorola Cable box and Windows 7 Media Center.

Has anyone gotten the HDMI Pass-through to actually work for more than a few seconds?

The CEC/Control is working fine between the VSX32 and the Sony TV, but Pass-Though will not function.

Different topic - Does the VSX-32 support Overlay OSD? The H/K 2600 I'm returning did support the Overlay OSD (blending OSD with video content that is being viewed). Specifically I'm interested in the Volume.
post #284 of 1288 Old 12-30-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckweb View Post
12V trigger and the amber display and well... the "ELITE" in front of the receiver.

Maybe someone else could shine in on more information.... Because it can't possibly be only that...!!!
According to the data sheets:

VSX-32 weight: 28.9 lbs.
VSX-1120: 28.7 lbs.

The VSX-32 also adds "Rigid Trans Stabilizer Construction." If the 1120 doesn't have that, maybe that makes up the 3 oz. difference.

AFAIK, there are no audio or video differences. Therefore, the complete list of differences is:

MSRP $50 higher
Elite Badging
Rigid Trans Stabilizer Construction
12V Triggers
2-Year Warranty
Amber Display
0.2 lbs Heavier
post #285 of 1288 Old 12-30-2010, 07:38 PM

Does anyone have any other possible reasons for why the vsx-32 has unexplainable power downs and power ups. I have read through this thread and checked and rechecked my cables, But i still have the issue.

Its so intermittent. Today for example I was watching a movie for about 2hrs with the volume decently loud. Then i switched to xbox and with in 10 mins it turned on and off about 4 times. Sometimes it would start to power back up but before it even displayed an image on my screen it shut back down.

It dosent do it to any input imparticular, its random in every sense of the word.

If i can figure something out by saturday its getting exchanged.
post #286 of 1288 Old 12-30-2010, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Only considering the main (front) L and R pre-outs, can the VSX-32 drive 2 amplifiers, connected in parallel?
post #287 of 1288 Old 12-31-2010, 01:50 PM

Anyone know if the vsx-33 can get firmware updates via the ethernet port or through the usb port?
post #288 of 1288 Old 12-31-2010, 06:14 PM

I have my VSX32 hooked up to a new Samsung 8000 series plasma and a Samsung 6900 BD player. 3D works great when the BD player is connected directly to the TV, but it doesn't work through the receiver. I get a message that my TV or player does not support 3D. I've tried about everything I can think of with the settings but nothing seems to work. It shouldn't be this hard. Anyone have any ideas? I may end up taking it back. Thanks
post #289 of 1288 Old 12-31-2010, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper7500 View Post

I have my VSX32 hooked up to a new Samsung 8000 series plasma and a Samsung 6900 BD player. 3D works great when the BD player is connected directly to the TV, but it doesn't work through the receiver. I get a message that my TV or player does not support 3D. I've tried about everything I can think of with the settings but nothing seems to work. It shouldn't be this hard. Anyone have any ideas? I may end up taking it back. Thanks

Not sure how to fix it, but I have the exact same setup and 3D works fine.
post #290 of 1288 Old 01-01-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:

I can't speak as to Samsung and the blu ray set up options. I have a Panasonic 3d TV/Blu Ray set up. I've found that I have to have the player prompt me after inserting a 3d movie (and prior to the blu ray menu appearing) whether to use the 3d option. I had called Pioneer after I first tried played Avatar 3d and the blu ray player message was that it did not see a 3d TV even though I had selected 3d on the disk's menu. Pioneer tech told me that on some discs the 3d has to be forced into the receiver. I changed my blu ray player settings to prompt me and then it worked fine.
I tried with and without the prompt and found that some 3d discs work fine without the player prompt (Disney's A Christmas Carol) and some require the prompt (Monster House). It may not be the receiver or the blu ray player -- it may be the way the 3d disc sends its signal to the receiver.
I hope this helps. As I said, I'm not familiar with the Samsung blu ray player and it's set up options.
post #291 of 1288 Old 01-01-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:

I sent my reply to the wrong guy. Now I'm sending it to the right guy.

I can't speak as to Samsung and the blu ray set up options. I have a Panasonic 3d TV/Blu Ray set up. I've found that I have to have the player prompt me after inserting a 3d movie (and prior to the blu ray menu appearing) whether to use the 3d option. I had called Pioneer after I first tried played Avatar 3d and the blu ray player message was that it did not see a 3d TV even though I had selected 3d on the disk's menu. Pioneer tech told me that on some discs the 3d has to be forced into the receiver. I changed my blu ray player settings to prompt me and then it worked fine.
I tried with and without the prompt and found that some 3d discs work fine without the player prompt (Disney's A Christmas Carol) and some require the prompt (Monster House). It may not be the receiver or the blu ray player -- it may be the way the 3d disc sends its signal to the receiver.
I hope this helps. As I said, I'm not familiar with the Samsung blu ray player and it's set up options.
post #292 of 1288 Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 AM

Well my vsx-32 finally killed itself. I turned it on this morning and 2 min later it shut down and when it powered back up it bricked solid on the "power on" screen. nothing responded. Had to unplug it for it to shut off.

Off to BB i go to exchange it for another
post #293 of 1288 Old 01-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

My VSX-1325 arrived today and I have a quick question.

PS3 is setup on the BD HDMI input.
HDMI Out 1 goes to my Samsung 40C630 LCD TV
HDMI Out 2 goes to my Projector

Is there a way I can have the receiver forward my audio to the TV only when using output 1 and process the audio when using Output 2 to my projector? My TV is off to the side outside of my speaker setup so it isn't ideal having the 5.1 system in action while watching it.

I tried standby passthrough mode but I get the same issue as others here, picture stays for a few seconds when the receiver powers off then goes 'No Signal'.

Edit: Found out that I had to disable HDMI control, then I was able to change HDMI to 'through' from 'amp' using audio parameters.

Live GT: Destructorbot PSN: BassTek
post #294 of 1288 Old 01-01-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:

I did get it to work by choosing 3d in the 3d option on the Bluray player instead of auto. Did you need to do this too? I also noticed that BD Wise isn't passing through the receiver, but I'm not sure if it should be.
post #295 of 1288 Old 01-01-2011, 03:27 PM

all - this remote wont learn! I have tried to get it to learn individual commands from a Comcast remote to the "TV CTRL" buttons. Followed the directions to the letter.Reset to default twice to clear codes. Are the manual directions correct?
post #296 of 1288 Old 01-01-2011, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I did get it to work by choosing 3d in the 3d option on the Bluray player instead of auto. Did you need to do this too? I also noticed that BD Wise isn't passing through the receiver, but I'm not sure if it should be.

I did change several settings in the Blu-Ray player and that may have been one of them. The default settings on it were a joke, yet most people will probably never go into the settings on it.
post #297 of 1288 Old 01-03-2011, 11:55 AM

not sure if I should have posted this in the onkyo forum but looking for an unbiased opinion since I am new to all this AV/Home Theatre receiver talk...

Basically I will use the system for 60% music and 40% movies

just wondering I am comparing the onkyo TX-NR708 vs the pioneer VSX-1325 been doing it for almost a week now and both seem to be comparable has anyone done a similar test between the two A/V receivers.

I am running a set of old paradigms phantoms with a paradigm pw-2200 sub and video output to a panansonic viera plasma TC-P54VT25 (3D with both receivers worked flawlessly as well, although I did kind of like the video output of the onkyo more)

thanks in advance
post #298 of 1288 Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zones View Post

not sure if I should have posted this in the onkyo forum but looking for an unbiased opinion since I am new to all this AV/Home Theatre receiver talk...

Basically I will use the system for 60% music and 40% movies

just wondering I am comparing the onkyo TX-NR708 vs the pioneer VSX-1325 been doing it for almost a week now and both seem to be comparable has anyone done a similar test between the two A/V receivers.

I am running a set of old paradigms phantoms with a paradigm pw-2200 sub and video output to a panansonic viera plasma TC-P54VT25 (3D with both receivers worked flawlessly as well, although I did kind of like the video output of the onkyo more)

thanks in advance

Been doing the same thing for the last weeks, seems to me the onkyo feels like it has a better sound field (multeq) but probably didn't do the Mcacc correctly.

Marvell qdeo vp looks better then the dcdi cinema but not by much.

Passthrough works perfectly with the onkyo, where as the pioneer, with my cable box, loses the signal after a couple of second.

Still debating...
post #299 of 1288 Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey guys,

I too recently purchased the VSX 33 Canadian equivalent 1325. I have been debating jumping on a new receiver as i have a decent working Yammy 5750 for the moment - but yes the boxing day deals tricked me and here i am. I do have a second set of speakers that will put the Yammy to use if i do decide to keep this. I'll finish hooking it up this weekend, but i wanted to ask the forum as i seem to be reading mixed things about the possibility of my desired setup. Just for reference i have energy rc50 front towers, an energy rc-mini center, and 4 mirage nanosat surrounds. I only have a couple more weeks before i return policy ends.

So i guess my questions are:

1) Can i use this receiver to run a 7.1 system inside, and have 2 outdoor speakers simultaneously powered, or at least connected at the same time? I'm not necessarily talking about having a different source - but the same? (Is that speaker A/b?) This is a deal breaker for me..

2) If i wanted, could i bi-amp the front towers with 5.1, and use a passive speaker switch to switch between this and the normal 7.1? Any ohm dangers doing this, and is it even worth it? (keeping in mind the ~$15 switches @ monoprice).

3) Can the iphone app be used with a bluetooth adapter, or does it have to be over network? I have a slight problem networking the amp to iphone as I have 2 networks in my house - 1 "unmanageable" (controlled wife's work IT) wireless G which my iphone connects to, and "my" wireless N network (with bridge) that everything else connects to, including this amp. I can get internet radio going but not an iphone connection. If i turn my network into a wireless G+N i think my speeds will suffer drastically.

Thanks guys
post #300 of 1288 Old 01-07-2011, 05:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 89
^^^

- powered no (the avr only has 7 amplification channels), but zone pre-outs, yes... with the normal caveats about zone processing...

- no. you can't. and no, it wouldn't be worth it even if you could... passive bi-amping of speakers is of no benefit... technically you could kludge something up with a switch and by manually changing the settings on the avr every time... but again, there's no reason to...

- iirc, the app is a "network" app...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page