Pioneer Elite VSX-32 / 33 Owners' Thread - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1291 of 1304 Old 12-20-2014, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Will not power on

For 2 days when I turned my VSX-30 on the display said power on but would not respond or output video or audio. I unplugged it for a minute and plugged it back in and it worked.

Today same thing happened, but this time when I plugged it back in I heard the click inside the machine indicating it's plugged in but the unit will not power on at all.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

I unplugged all speaker wires and HDMI and unplugged power and plugged it back in and its working even after reconnecting all speaker wires and HDMI. I probably will not turn it off again. lol

Last edited by imcheesehead1; 12-20-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1304 Old 12-21-2014, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcheesehead1 View Post
For 2 days when I turned my VSX-30 on the display said power on but would not respond or output video or audio. I unplugged it for a minute and plugged it back in and it worked.

Today same thing happened, but this time when I plugged it back in I heard the click inside the machine indicating it's plugged in but the unit will not power on at all.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

I unplugged all speaker wires and HDMI and unplugged power and plugged it back in and its working even after reconnecting all speaker wires and HDMI. I probably will not turn it off again. lol
Turn off HDMI Control. Then, with the receiver turned off, perform the factory reset procedure (see the manual for further details). Then once the reset procedure is done, you'll have to make all your custom settings again, such as MCACC, speaker settings, system settings, etc. Good luck.
post #1293 of 1304 Old 01-28-2015, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Can the VSX-32 display the volume/input on the screen?
post #1294 of 1304 Old 01-30-2015, 10:26 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk3_wagen View Post
Can the VSX-32 display the volume/input on the screen?
When using a ARC capable HDTV and the appropriate HDMI connection, you should see the volume change onscreen. At least it works on my Panny plasma.
post #1295 of 1304 Old 02-01-2015, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxme View Post
When using a ARC capable HDTV and the appropriate HDMI connection, you should see the volume change onscreen. At least it works on my Panny plasma.

I have the VSX 33, is there a setting that you have to turn on in the receiver to get the volume on the screen?

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
post #1296 of 1304 Old 02-01-2015, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
I have the VSX 33, is there a setting that you have to turn on in the receiver to get the volume on the screen?

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
I don't think these receivers can do that. On my SC1522K I never touched anything. It's not TV brand specific either. I've had the VSX-32 and SC1522K connected to 2 or 3 different brands of TVs. The VSX-32 never shows volume/input name and the SC1522K always shows it.
post #1297 of 1304 Old 02-14-2015, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Balance Control

I have what would seem to me to be a simple question yet surprisingly I have not been able to find the answer on the manual.
I use the receiver not only for the surround sound but also to listen to CD's in stereo. How do I adjust the stereo balance? For example, if I want to turn the left or right channel higher when listening to music in stereo. I don't see a a balance control. I know I can go through the surround control and go through each channel separately, left, right, center, rear left, rear right, etc. But is there a way to simply adjust the left/right balance when listening to music in stereo? Seems so simple but I can't figure it out.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
post #1298 of 1304 Old 08-23-2015, 07:12 PM

My VSX-32 will default to TV/SAT after about 8 seconds when watching TV.

Comcast Cable box plugged into HDMI1, HDMI out plugged into VIZIO M70-C3.

I read a few posts about turning off the KURO LINK, but I don't see that as an option on the VSX-32.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all.
post #1299 of 1304 Old 08-23-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 288enzo View Post
My VSX-32 will default to TV/SAT after about 8 seconds when watching TV.

Comcast Cable box plugged into HDMI1, HDMI out plugged into VIZIO M70-C3.

I read a few posts about turning off the KURO LINK, but I don't see that as an option on the VSX-32.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all.
I think it may be under HDMI setup: Control

I hadn't been able to get pass thru with anything till I set that to ON, so maybe turning that OFF will help.
post #1300 of 1304 Old 08-24-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm636 View Post
I think it may be under HDMI setup: Control

I hadn't been able to get pass thru with anything till I set that to ON, so maybe turning that OFF will help.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried turning the HDMI control to OFF, the difference now is that the Comcast remote doesn't turn on/off my receiver as it did in the past.
post #1301 of 1304 Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
All,

I've been loving the VSX 32 from the beginning and now have an opportunity for front wides. Sorry if this is straight forward but I don't see the format this receiver uses to "processes" front wides i.e. Auro, neo x, pl2z (unsuccessful search). Also, anyone with experience regarding the 32 with wides? Thanks in advance for any input, it is always greatly appreciated.
post #1302 of 1304 Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 42
According to Pioneers website it uses Dolby ProLogic IIz. You might have to set the speakers from SB to Width in the Speaker menu before the Height/Width option becomes available. But my avrs are pre Height/Width so I can't say for sure.
post #1303 of 1304 Old Today, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene c353 View Post
According to Pioneers website it uses Dolby ProLogic IIz. You might have to set the speakers from SB to Width in the Speaker menu before the Height/Width option becomes available. But my avrs are pre Height/Width so I can't say for sure.
Thanks Gene, I misspoke in my original post. Isn't pl2z for height only? The dolby website doesn't say anything about wide chanels with Z, only height. http://www.dolby.com/us/en/technolog...logic-iiz.html
post #1304 of 1304 Old Today, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyly View Post
Thanks Gene, I misspoke in my original post. Isn't pl2z for height only? The dolby website doesn't say anything about wide chanels with Z, only height. http://www.dolby.com/us/en/technolog...logic-iiz.html
I think you're right. Only Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo:X support Width channels. On page 52 of the manual it clearly says...

"Pro Logic IIz HEIGHT – Up to 7.1 channel sound (front height)".

The it says...

WIDE SURROUND MOVIE – Up to 7.1 channel sound
(front wide), especially suited to movie sources

• WIDE SURROUND MUSIC – Up to 7.1 channel sound
(front wide), especially suited to music sources

Maybe Pioneer is using it's own algorithms or tapping into Dolbys like they do with the fake surround modes (Hall, Church, etc).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors