Pioneer Elite VSX-32 / 33 Owners' Thread - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1321 of 1324 Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

I own a VSX-33 since 3 or 4 years and I just bought a pair of Polk Audio RTI-A9 speakers to use as my front L & R speakers. I'm planning to bi-amp these speakers and I'd like to know if I do so, can I still connect my two surround back speakers to keep my 7.1 surround setup? Since the Bi-amp would use the surround back terminals, can I still plug my surround back speakers? I guess I would use banana plugs to achieve this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1324 Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think it will work as the bi-amping uses the amp that would drive the rear back surround. I have my fronts bi-amped now and they have been since new. Another thread mentions that there may be now noticeable difference with the front speakers bi-amped so try them without first.
post #1323 of 1324 Old Today, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the info.

post #1324 of 1324 Old Today, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyW75 View Post
Hey people, I have re-uploaded the firmware update for everyone to mediafire since the original link expired. The zip contains the firmware update and instructions for updating the VSX-1120-K, VSX-33, and VSX-1325-K. Again, make sure your thumb drive is formatted FAT32 before copying the firmware to it. Thanks, and enjoy !!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?rcvn89y8d209an4
I'd like to make sure that even if it says it's a zip file for the FW update, the real file name is this: PIO_AVR_10_0109.rar. Is that right?

Also, I looked at the pdf file and for me it's not clear how to update it into my receiver? I already have HDMI control set at OFF, so what must I exactly do to update the FW?

Finally, before updating it, is there a way to find out which FW version is actually in my VSX-33?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors