Denon AVR-4311CI Problems/Issues..Let's figure them out - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 63 Old 07-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Being a factory refurbish, you first action should have been to immediately contact Denon and/or the supplier notifying them of the issue and asking for suggestions. You may have been given the answer straight away. Only then would you know what direction you should go. Having said that, I hope the box was cheap. Like buying 2nd-hand cars/anything, there is always the chance you have just bought someone else's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 06-16-2015, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I posted this on the Official Denon AVR-4311CI -AVR-A100 thread before I noticed this thread. Sorry for the duplication.
I have a Denon AVR-4311ci that has no sound. I can hear the relays respond after I turn iton. Even the headphone output does not produce any sound. Mute is NOT on. I am able to navigate to speaker setup andtried the test tone (no sound), I havechecked the fuses and none appear blown. The two heat sinks on either side of the transformer get warm when ithas been on for a while. The displayworks fine and displays on a tv when hooked up to HDMI monitor out (only one I tried) as well as program material on the Blu-ray disc. I can navigate through the menus and the unitwill stay on but it is totally without audio. I have performed a system reset(7 times) and network reset (2 times) with no change in performance. It has never shown a red ring around the power button, just green.
I would greatly appreciate any ideas as to what the problem couldbe and possible solutions I haven’t tried.
Thanks,
post #63 of 63 Old 06-16-2015, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil44 View Post
I posted this on the Official Denon AVR-4311CI -AVR-A100 thread before I noticed this thread. Sorry for the duplication.
I have a Denon AVR-4311ci that has no sound. I can hear the relays respond after I turn iton. Even the headphone output does not produce any sound. Mute is NOT on. I am able to navigate to speaker setup andtried the test tone (no sound), I havechecked the fuses and none appear blown. The two heat sinks on either side of the transformer get warm when ithas been on for a while. The displayworks fine and displays on a tv when hooked up to HDMI monitor out (only one I tried) as well as program material on the Blu-ray disc. I can navigate through the menus and the unitwill stay on but it is totally without audio. I have performed a system reset(7 times) and network reset (2 times) with no change in performance. It has never shown a red ring around the power button, just green.
I would greatly appreciate any ideas as to what the problem couldbe and possible solutions I haven’t tried.
Thanks,
I think the only practical, logical and sensible thing to do is take it to a registered Denon service centre.
Ask for a quote before committing to any fixes. When getting repairs at a registered Denon service centre you sometimes get an upgrade thrown in, for free.

Any work costing under $300 (or even more) is probably worth it, considering how good this receiver is and I think still relevant in the home theatre world, even with the new X (Atmos) series now available.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page