The "Official" NAD T 747 Owner's Thread - Page 56 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1651 of 1662 Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been trying to get my wireless headphones to work with my NAD T747 with no luck. These headphones work just fine with my IPhone. I have tried plugging them into every analog audio out I can find on my receiver. I also got a digital to analog audio converter and plugged it into the digital audio out with a coaxial cable - nothing. The converter and coaxial cable work just fine when plugged into the digital audio out of my DVR. The headphones did work when plugging them into the headphone jack but that turns off the speakers which is not what I want. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? It's not rocket science and I'd like to think I know what I am doing - I completely wired up my media room and all of my A/V equipment myself. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1662 Old 01-15-2014, 03:58 PM

Liked: 13
Kind of late to this thread, but does anyone know where I can get a firmware update file for a NAD T747 other than going to a dealer and getting it done? The nearest dealer to me is about 3-4 hours away!

Thanks.
post #1653 of 1662 Old 01-16-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty913 View Post

Sorry for the delay (forgot how to check FM level). Anyway, The readout is:

M 1.36U

D 1.0.4

V 1.40U

You have listed three different numbers here. Which one is the firmware version and what is the latest version number for the NAD T747?
post #1654 of 1662 Old 01-22-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfingers View Post

Sorry to hear that, sounds like a dud. Have you tried another BD player?

My EzyHD splitter has been flawless. No downsampling issues, no handshake dumps. Keith is prompt and the product works well.

I combined my splitter with a 5-1 auto-selector box, so all HDMI goes into the splitter before the NAD.

Not incredibly cheap, but it's stuff you can use in any future HDMI system.

Here's a little diagram of my wiring.
LL

Ladyfingers, couldn't you just use a 5x2 HDMI splitter instead of the two boxes, or am I missing something?
post #1655 of 1662 Old 04-01-2014, 08:06 AM

Liked: 10
Ladyfingers,

I want to bypass T747 video processing. Would wiring my hardware like this (with splitters and switches) help? I would want to have video sent to TV via HDMI and audio to NAD via HDMI. Is that possible and would there be any sync issues?
post #1656 of 1662 Old 09-03-2014, 03:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi everyone,
my name is Claudio and I'm italian. I'm asking here help because in italy this product is not common and none can help me.
In 2011 i bought the T747 to drive my 5.0 system (2xB&W CM5, 1xCM Center, 2xIndianaLine InWall Speakers, no subw).
That time I was (and even now I am) incapable to set it up correctly.
The room is regular (16 square mts).
Every time I regulate the T747 I begin with the automatic calibration using the microphone but the result is always unsatisfying (volume of the central speaker is low and voices seem backward, rear speakers sound not homogeneously [if I check the values by the menu I see that the right one is set to +4 and the left one is -2], while frontal speakers dominate the scenary).
So I go to change manually these values trying to compensate for imbalance and I am succesful only in part.
I recover the voices but I'm unable to match all the speakers.
Have you advices?
Can anyone write me the values that he/she is using?
Just to understand if i'm making shoddy mistakes.

excuse my english

Claudio

Last edited by bibbiena78; 09-03-2014 at 03:17 AM.
post #1657 of 1662 Old 09-03-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The brief time I had the 747, I noticed the auto setup is pretty bad. So I did everything manually and turned off the eq. I have the t775Hd now and the Audyssey is way better than the 747 eq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbiena78 View Post
Hi everyone,
my name is Claudio and I'm italian. I'm asking here help because in italy this product is not common and none can help me.
In 2011 i bought the T747 to drive my 5.0 system (2xB&W CM5, 1xCM Center, 2xIndianaLine InWall Speakers, no subw).
Every time I regulate the T747 I begin with the automatic calibration using the microphone but the result is always unsatisfying (volume of the central speaker is low and voices seem backward, rear speakers sound not homogeneously [if I check the values by the menu I see that the right one is set to +4 and the left one is -2], while frontal speakers dominate the scenary).
So I go to change manually these values trying to compensate for imbalance and I am succesful only in part.
Have you advices?
Can anyone write me the values that he/she is using?
Just to understand if i'm making shoddy mistakes.

excuse my english

Claudio
post #1658 of 1662 Old 09-05-2014, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post
The brief time I had the 747, I noticed the auto setup is pretty bad. So I did everything manually and turned off the eq. I have the t775Hd now and the Audyssey is way better than the 747 eq.
thanks Bommai,
can you tell me the way to turn off the eq?
post #1659 of 1662 Old 09-06-2014, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Have you advices?
Get a cheap SPL meter like RadioShack's. One can't set the speaker levels only by ear, and auto cals are always slightly suspect. Also something else than the AV-amps own test tones could be useful. E.g. the Spears and Munsil HD Benchmark BR disk is good. (Though good for mostly for setting up displays, but also then one would very much benefit from a meter: like X-Rite i1Display Pro or SpectraCal C3 etc..)
post #1660 of 1662 Old 09-08-2014, 07:23 AM

@iNetRunner
thanks for the reply. I'll try to follow your advice even though I've never been something similar.

Anyone can indicate me his/her set up?

Claudio
post #1661 of 1662 Old 09-08-2014, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
@iNetRunner
thanks for the reply. I'll try to follow your advice even though I've never been something similar.

Anyone can indicate me his/her set up?

Claudio
There are many many web sites that give good, detailed instructions on how to do speaker setup and level calibration. Other users' setups will not likely help you, at least in what comes to levels and crossover settings.

E.g. please try these pages:

This site might also be interesting: AudioCheck - Internet's largest collection of Online Sound Tests, Test Tones, and Tone Generators
post #1662 of 1662 Old 09-11-2014, 12:14 AM

Thanks again.

I'll check the links you gave me.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page