Originally Posted by golfugh
Actually I have no major "concerns", but I'd love to see one in a users setting, user setup, user photos, user GUI photos, user impressions based on previous ownership, etc... Anthem's dealership network is limited, Anthem's ownership is also limited, yet I continually see folks saying it's an Anthem trust us - buy it and you'll see, well...I don't trust that statement.
The AVM50V and D2V have issues, not insurmountable but issues nonetheless; I'd like to hear if anyone has issues with the MRX series of receivers. All I hear is trust me it's awesome, it's an Anthem.
Will the MRX series make a great pre/pro; I think it will, but from what I can gather from this thread there are issues:
1. Can't pass through HDMI to a display in standby? Big issue for WAF factor.
2. No multi-channel in w/some level of pass through; you have to use HDMI and use ARC. Yes I want to use ARC, but I want to see for myself - not just trust that "it is better why do you want that"?
3. No ability for any level of amp assign or off for a "pure" processor mode?
4. Only 1 HDMI out for a display? Not good if you have a display and a projector.
5. Only 4 HDMI in's? No issue for me, but it is for a lot of folks.
6. What are the DACs? Not a huge issue, implementation is the bigger factor, but what are they in the MRX series of receivers?
7. How does the video processing work? Can it be bypassed? What are they using in comparison to the upper level processors?
My other Questions:
1. Is ARC assignable to 24/192 HDMI inputs? Can a 24/192 BD music/movie disc have ARC applied?
2. Has anyone tested the above?
3. How does ARC work with 2 sub woofers? No I'm not going to the AVM/D2V thread, the MRX series is not the processor series based on what you have said. Similar yes, but not the same.
4. Is any one using the MRX series as a processor and what do you think?
5. What is Anthem's policy on trade-in's? I might go from an MRX-700 to a 900 when released.
I'm not trying to be a pain, these are questions I have. I have a dealer 2 hours away, but based on the current economic situations he will not have an Anthem receiver for demo but only for special order. Actually, he's trying to sell me the Yamaha A3000 vice the Anthem due to the fact he can give me a demo of it (1v pre out compared to the Anthems 4.3v max). Kind of amazing considering they are about the same price; I have a feeling Yamaha is giving dealers a lot of leeway on the Aventage series due to their recent custom install software. Who knows?
Sorry for the negativity, but that's it.
BTW I will use the MRX as a multichannel music/movie processor in HT bypass with a 2-channel preamp.