Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 139 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4141 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar
I am still reading the forum. I saw a post on problem with Anthem to pass through 1080p 24. I also have Dune player.

Is there still problem with Anthem to pass 1080p24?
Most owners don't. I use a PS3 and BD discs at 1080p/24 work fine.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar View Post
Copied from Paradigm forum.

I am trying to get receiver for Paradigm Studio 100, 690, adp 590. I tried to find Anthem 500 vs 700. The 500 is 100watts and 700 is 120 watts. I was told by Paradigm rep that Anthem 700 is minimum for Studio 100.

I also was told that tweeters may get damaged if I use receiver of less power like 500. I am curious to understand how can it damage.

I have Onkyo 708 which is 110 watts. Do you think it is safe enough to use for some time?

Thanks,
Sukumar

It all depends on your listing levels between the 500 and 700. If you listing near or at reference then I would lean toward the 700. No matter what receiver your using if the amp starts clipping that's not good as you can damage any speaker and the first to go is usually the tweeter.
post #4143 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-t View Post
It all depends on your listing levels between the 500 and 700. If you listing near or at reference then I would lean toward the 700. No matter what receiver your using if the amp starts clipping that's not good as you can damage any speaker and the first to go is usually the tweeter.
Thanks for quick reply. What is reference level? I am assuming it is at some decibel level on volume control. What would be it for 500 vs 700.

I don't listen at all at higher volume. I am afraid, kids or somebody by mistake or testing might increase in my absence.
post #4144 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 05:42 PM

Liked: 11
Is ARC (or any room correction for that matter) of more benefit in a 5.1 channel speaker setup featuring the same speakers for the L/R fronts and L/R rear ?

I would like to get another pair of matching stand mount behind me. I'm wondering if having the same speakers results in a more uniformed sound surrounding me ?
post #4145 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar
Thanks for quick reply. What is reference level? I am assuming it is at some decibel level on volume control. What would be it for 500 vs 700.

I don't listen at all at higher volume. I am afraid, kids or somebody by mistake or testing might increase in my absence.
The notion that the 500 can't handle 100s is ridiculous. Damaging the tweeters with a 500 is also out in left field. Anthem's own testing refutes that.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #4146 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _stranger
Is ARC of more benefit in a 5.1 channel speaker setup featuring the same speakers for the L/R fronts and L/R rear ?

I would like to get another pair of matching stand mount behind me. I'm wondering if having the same speakers results in a more uniform sound surrounding me ?
Mixed speakers work fine. ARC corrects freq. response which reduces diff. in timber.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #4147 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post
The notion that the 500 can't handle 100s is ridiculous. Damaging the tweeters with a 500 is also out in left field. Anthem's own testing refutes that.
John
I called Anthem also today. They also said choose 700 for Studio 100. I guess may be it is ok as long as I limit volume. You never know who increases;-)
post #4148 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I called Anthem also today. They also said choose 700 for Studio 100. I guess may be it is ok as long as I limit volume. You never know who increases;-)

I got my info from Nick@Anthem which is good enough for me.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #4149 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 08:23 PM

After resetting all of my circuit breakers this morning and having the 700 run silent all day - I just went to shut it down for the evening and the humming is back! I tried doing the same thing - resetting all of the circuit breakers - but this time no luck. So - now I am confused. Is it the unit or my house wiring? I think my next step is to take it to a friends house and try it out there. This is frustrating.
post #4150 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 08:38 PM

Based on a suggestion made the other day, I plugged my power filter into a heavy duty extension cord. I tried several of the plugs in my living room - all of which is on the same circuit breaker - the humming was there every time. I then tried two other zones, the kitchen and the bathroom. nice and quiet.

So, since it seems that I am dealing with a bad circuit - what do I do about it? Do I bring in an electrician? What specifically do I ask to be corrected? I am in the dark on these things. It is a matter of replacing the circuit breaker itself, or will the solution be more involved?

Thanks,

-Herb
post #4151 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimhike181 View Post

Based on a suggestion made the other day, I plugged my power filter into a heavy duty extension cord. I tried several of the plugs in my living room - all of which is on the same circuit breaker - the humming was there every time. I then tried two other zones, the kitchen and the bathroom. nice and quiet.

So, since it seems that I am dealing with a bad circuit - what do I do about it? Do I bring in an electrician? What specifically do I ask to be corrected? I am in the dark on these things. It is a matter of replacing the circuit breaker itself, or will the solution be more involved?

Thanks,

-Herb

Well, you could get a couple of eye hooks and simply run a long extension cord from your kitchen lol.

If you really believe it is the wiring, the best thing to do is get a qualified electrition in... but depending on how bad things are... he may tell you he needs to do more than just fix the one circuit... and I fear the $ that might lead to.

Personally, I would start by figuring out which outlets, lights, rooms etc that circuit is tied to. (keep in mind hall lights, ceiling lights and outlets in other rooms may be on the same circuit). Then I would turn off all lights and unplug anything on that circuit... clocks, lights, the transformer to power your laptop, your DVD player, your portable phone, you name it. You may just find something that is failing and creating a problem. Of course if the only thing left on the circuit is the MRX and it is still having an issue, than it may be time to call the electrician. Of course if the problem goes away... start turning on lights... than start plugging things back in one at a time and see if the problem returns (you might do a couple of things, wait a few hours to make sure the hum does not return... than do a few more and wait...).

Keep in mind, if it is not a particular appliance that is on the circuit, the circuit may have real issues, in which case other things on the circuit may be having issues as well.

Question: are the outlets on this circuit 3 prong or 2 prong? A classic trick in older homes is to replace the 2 prong outlets with 3 prong outlets but never connect the ground properly (as there is no ground wire to connect it to.) This could cause a huge problem if things like your power filter are plugged in and expecting that ground and it is not there. Again, swing by Home Depot and pick up an outlet tester, they are cheap and see how each outlet test out. Just because the first you test is ok... the next may not be.

Please, before you ask a question about...
General Information on the MRX Series: See the First post here.
Technical Information including using ARC: See the "FAQ" post here.
post #4152 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am still reading the forum. I saw a post on problem with Anthem to pass through 1080p 24. I also have Dune player.

Since this issue was reported, we have not had a new Official firmware release yet. There is a beta firmware currently being tested and I believe it does contain a fix for the 1080p24 "Through" issue. Hopefully we will see the Official release of this new firmware soon.

That having been said... most of us are having no issues with 1080p24 in the current firmware that are preventing us from enjoying the MRX.

Litlgi74 specifically had a problem with the Dune player and was hoping that 1080p24 in proper "Through" mode would resolve his issue, however there is no guarantee that even with the 1080p24 "Through" issue resolved that the Dune player will work correctly... we are hopeful it will though! If you should get an MRX and the issue is not resolved, I believe that Litlgi74 did find a suitable work around, so as someone else already stated, give him a quick Personal Message and he can fill you in on what he did.

post #4153 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

John

I wouldn't say it's out in left field, I blew a tweeter on my S2's and the highest volume I've had my 700 to is -12. The speakers weren't very old when this happened so it could have also been just a faulty tweeter.
post #4154 of 16528 Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I've been having problems with my 700 using Through and 1080/24, the video gets very blockie and the audio and video are out of sync. Even using the 1080/24 processing the problem is still there but not as bad. For everything to run smoothly I have to use the 1080 processing, I'm using the Denon 1611UD.
post #4155 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks,

-Herb

Good advice from Tigger!! If the hum was still there after trying several plugs in the same room then gone when plugging into the kitchen and bathroom outlets then returns when plugging back into the living room outlets then I would say there is defiantly an issue with that particular circuit.
post #4156 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 05:39 AM

Well, my temporary* solution is not far off from running the extension cord to the bathroom! LOLs Behind the entertainment area is an old vent opening that leads to the cellar. I ran the extension cord through that and plugged it into a ceiling mounted outlet. The MRX? Quiet as a church mouse again. I will let this ride for a few days and see if it is stable. The house is not terribly old (40 years) and the sockets are all 3 prong. Not to say they were wired correctly though. After I bought the place, I heard bad things about the builder (basically was drunk all the time and left town in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.) I will pick up a tester the next time I am in town and check out the outlets. I know that my circuit box is ancient, low quality, and should be completely replaced... I will probably have to bite the bullet some day soon and get it replaced.

*temporary = soon to become the norm and forgotten about...
post #4157 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weird 23

I wouldn't say it's out in left field, I blew a tweeter on my S2's and the highest volume I've had my 700 to is -12. The speakers weren't very old when this happened so it could have also been just a faulty tweeter.
Exactly, rare and likely due to other factors.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #4158 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks Tigger...

Quote:
Since this issue was reported, we have not had a new Official firmware release yet. There is a beta firmware currently being tested and I believe it does contain a fix for the 1080p24 "Through" issue. Hopefully we will see the Official release of this new firmware soon.
Here is my latest dialog with Anthem:

When can we expect a firmware upgrade to correct the known issues of:
1.) 1080p24 "true" pass through.
2.) Popping noises when changing tracks

Hi John, please keep an eye out on our website and here on our Facebook page for information on new software releases.

Can you please give us an honest timeframe of when it will be released? I have been waiting and looking for months now.

Sorry John, there is no official release date at this time. We will definitely announce it when it becomes available.

Just love these types of computer generated responses...

Quote:
Litlgi74 specifically had a problem with the Dune player and was hoping that 1080p24 in proper "Through" mode would resolve his issue, however there is no guarantee that even with the 1080p24 "Through" issue resolved that the Dune player will work correctly...
I am probably reading this wrong... but just want to make it clear to anyone who has a Dune and is interested in getting an MRX... The Dune works correctly and is not the problem... After extensive testing on my own and with my dealer... we have concluded that the MRX is in fact processing 1080p24 content... even with the video mode is set to "Through." There are no problems with the Dune on the D2v or the AVM50v.

Currently there is a workaround... For now I am using, a HDMI splitter that allows me to send 1080p24 directly to my display and HD audio to the MRX, eliminating the lip sync, stuttering and drop frames of the MRX by bypassing it's video processing completely... This method gives me flawless play back of my BD ISOs... It just stinks that I needed to add another component to make my MRX work for what I need.

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back.

~ Swearengen
post #4159 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlgi74 View Post
Thanks Tigger...

Here is my latest dialog with Anthem:

When can we expect a firmware upgrade to correct the known issues of:
1.) 1080p24 "true" pass through.
2.) Popping noises when changing tracks

Hi John, please keep an eye out on our website and here on our Facebook page for information on new software releases.

Can you please give us an honest timeframe of when it will be released? I have been waiting and looking for months now.

Sorry John, there is no official release date at this time. We will definitely announce it when it becomes available.

I am probably reading this wrong... but just want to make it clear to anyone who has a Dune and is interested in getting an MRX... The Dune works correctly and is not the problem... After extensive testing on my own and with my dealer... we have concluded that the MRX is in fact processing 1080p24 content... even with the video mode is set to "Through." There are no problems with the Dune on the D2v or the AVM50v.

Currently there is a workaround... For now I am using, a HDMI splitter that allows me to send 1080p24 directly to my display and HD audio to the MRX, eliminating the lip sync, stuttering and drop frames of the MRX by bypassing it's video processing completely... This method gives me flawless play back of my BD ISOs... It just stinks that I needed to add another component to make my MRX work for what I need.
Just keep looking. Sooner rather than later.
post #4160 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Just keep looking. Sooner rather than later.
Time will tell...

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back.

~ Swearengen
post #4161 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Copied from Paradigm forum.

I am trying to get receiver for Paradigm Studio 100, 690, adp 590. I tried to find Anthem 500 vs 700. The 500 is 100watts and 700 is 120 watts. I was told by Paradigm rep that Anthem 700 is minimum for Studio 100.

I also was told that tweeters may get damaged if I use receiver of less power like 500. I am curious to understand how can it damage.

I have Onkyo 708 which is 110 watts. Do you think it is safe enough to use for some time?

Thanks,
Sukumar
I just spoke to the Anthem/Paradigm rep (Paradigm/Anthem are sister companies I believe) at my Hi-Fi dealer. Not once was this mentioned- I have a hard time believing it since they are driving the 60's with a 300- I would contact Anthem/Paradigm directly, but think you got some bad intel.
post #4162 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlgi74 View Post

Hi Litlgi74,

I can assure you the messages you received are not just computer auto responses. However, as the customer service rep has no additional info on the time line, they are doing their best to respond with accurate info (trust me, I've had plenty of people accuse me of sending out "auto responses" to questions I took time to carefuly craft). However, the fact that they told you to be on the lookout for firmware for both of those issues is a positive sign that both are likely going to be in the new firmware and that it is coming. Trust me, I've been waiting for a resolution to the "pop" since last December!

As for the Dune player not being an issue... I don't want to start a fierce finger pointing session :P you know my posts, I like to be supportive and friendly. I'm very hopeful that once the MRX is passing the 1080p24 signal in "Through" mode, correctly, that it will resolve the issues you are seeing. I simply wanted to point out that HDMI is very complicated and there are a number of things that could be creating an issue here. Let me put it another way, 99% of all BluRay players connected to the MRX do not have an issue with the MRX's processing of the signal they put out, so clearly the Dune player is doing something different (most likely non standard) from what other manufactures are doing. Hopefully when you can pass the signal directly "Through" the MRX, this will eliminate the issue you are seeing in your current setup, as the signal should be "untouch". However the Dunes signal should be capable of being processed like any other players without an issue.

So why has it worked in the past and/or on D2v and AVM50v or directly to your TV you ask... well they maybe less sensative to the unique HTMI implementation of the Dune player. There are many things that are different between them and the MRX, for example the MRX supports 3D. One possiblity is that the code for 3D HDMI is highlighting an issue in how the Dune communicates and that issue is not observed on non 3D devices as they simply ignore the bit of code that is problematic. It is hard to say.

Here is an example: Let say that we have an Acme BluRay Player 100 (AB100 for short) and it is supposed to send an 8 byte word to identify functions of the player (in other words an 8 digit number where each number represents something the player does)...

Lets use the following 00 00 00 00 where the first 00 represents the type of device our ABP100 player is, the second 00 represents the region code of the player and the third 00 represents the color pallet the player supports. Now the last 00 repersents if the player supports 3D.

So using our example the first pair of digits might have the following options:

00 Generic HDMI device
01 Display HDMI device such as LCD or Plasma
10 Video Player HDMI device such as DVD or BluRay player
11 Receiver type device

The second would be some thing like:

00 Region 1
01 Region 2
10 Region 3
11 Region 4

The third would be something like:

00 36 bit color
01 30 bit color
10 30 bit alternate color
11 not used

An the last set might be:
00 Full 3D support
01 Limited 3D support
10 No 3D support
11 not used

Ok so with this very simplified example, if the ABP100 sent the following:

10 01 00 01, we would know that we had a "Video Player Device" that supports "Region 2 Licensing", 36 bit color and has limited 3D support.

Now if the D2v or AVM50v gets this message, it will most likely simply ignore the 4th instruction as they do not support 3D and so may not have even implemented a check for these codes. And therefor the ABP100 player works with them, regardless of what is sent in the last quadrant. The MRX however, does support 3D and needs to know if the signal is 3D or not. If the last digits are not correctly set by the ABP100 player or worse yet are not set at all and result in a random set of digits being placed there, than the MRX may be receiving incorrect information and therefore not processing the signal correctly. No fault of the MRX's. Now lets say your TV also does not support 3D and ignores the last quadrant, again all is ok. And if you can pass the signal directly "Through" the MRX, the MRX ignores all 4 quadrants and simply passes the signal and than the TV receives the signal and ignores the last quadrant and all works! Does this mean that the MRX fixed the problem by passing the 1080p24 signal "Through"? No, it simply means you were able to get around the issue by passing the signal to your TV and as the TV ignores the last quadrant, the problem is magically fixed!

Of course this example is just an example... the communications over HDMI are much more complex. But this shows how a device that has a small implementation issue can often work with a lot of equipment but still be the root cause of an issue with another device that is correctly implemented.

AGAIN let me state, I do not know this is the issue and there is nothing to say that the MRX does not have multiple issues of its own (clearly we know it does not implement pass "Through" correctly today). My example is simply an example. I'm just stating that while we are all very hopeful that a correctly implemented "Through" mode, and perhaps some other fixes discovered during the investigation of this issue, will resolve your issue, it does not mean that the MRX was at fault.

Now lets say that the MRX needs that last quadrant information to process the sound correctly... it maybe that in "Through" mode your video issues suddenly go away as the TV handles the processing of the incorrect quadrant by ignoring it... yet your audio issue may not go away because the MRX sitll needs to process that last quadrant correctly for it to process the audio.

Hope this helps explain a little bit why these issues can be so tricky to track down and why I'm always a little cautious to point fingers.

post #4163 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:

Well, my temporary* solution is not far off from running the extension cord to the bathroom! LOLs Behind the entertainment area is an old vent opening that leads to the cellar. I ran the extension cord through that and plugged it into a ceiling mounted outlet. The MRX? Quiet as a church mouse again. I will let this ride for a few days and see if it is stable. The house is not terribly old (40 years) and the sockets are all 3 prong. Not to say they were wired correctly though. After I bought the place, I heard bad things about the builder (basically was drunk all the time and left town in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.) I will pick up a tester the next time I am in town and check out the outlets. I know that my circuit box is ancient, low quality, and should be completely replaced... I will probably have to bite the bullet some day soon and get it replaced.

*temporary = soon to become the norm and forgotten about...

You could have an electrician run a dedicated line. Not unheard of.
post #4164 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger! View Post

Hi Litlgi74,

I can assure you the messages you received are not just computer auto responses. However, as the customer service rep has no additional info on the time line, they are doing their best to respond with accurate info (trust me, I've had plenty of people accuse me of sending out "auto responses" to questions I took time to carefuly craft). However, the fact that they told you to be on the lookout for firmware for both of those issues is a positive sign that both are likely going to be in the new firmware and that it is coming. Trust me, I've been waiting for a resolution to the "pop" since last December!

As for the Dune player not being an issue... I don't want to start a fierce finger pointing session :P you know my posts, I like to be supportive and friendly. I'm very hopeful that once the MRX is passing the 1080p24 signal in "Through" mode, correctly, that it will resolve the issues you are seeing. I simply wanted to point out that HDMI is very complicated and there are a number of things that could be creating an issue here. Let me put it another way, 99% of all BluRay players connected to the MRX do not have an issue with the MRX's processing of the signal they put out, so clearly the Dune player is doing something different (most likely non standard) from what other manufactures are doing. Hopefully when you can pass the signal directly "Through" the MRX, this will eliminate the issue you are seeing in your current setup, as the signal should be "untouch". However the Dunes signal should be capable of being processed like any other players without an issue.

So why has it worked in the past and/or on D2v and AVM50v or directly to your TV you ask... well they maybe less sensative to the unique HTMI implementation of the Dune player. There are many things that are different between them and the MRX, for example the MRX supports 3D. One possiblity is that the code for 3D HDMI is highlighting an issue in how the Dune communicates and that issue is not observed on non 3D devices as they simply ignore the bit of code that is problematic. It is hard to say.

Here is an example: Let say that we have an Acme BluRay Player 100 (AB100 for short) and it is supposed to send an 8 byte word to identify functions of the player (in other words an 8 digit number where each number represents something the player does)...

Lets use the following 00 00 00 00 where the first 00 represents the type of device our ABP100 player is, the second 00 represents the region code of the player and the third 00 represents the color pallet the player supports. Now the last 00 repersents if the player supports 3D.

So using our example the first pair of digits might have the following options:

00 Generic HDMI device
01 Display HDMI device such as LCD or Plasma
10 Video Player HDMI device such as DVD or BluRay player
11 Receiver type device

The second would be some thing like:

00 Region 1
01 Region 2
10 Region 3
11 Region 4

The third would be something like:

00 36 bit color
01 30 bit color
10 30 bit alternate color
11 not used

An the last set might be:
00 Full 3D support
01 Limited 3D support
10 No 3D support
11 not used

Ok so with this very simplified example, if the ABP100 sent the following:

10 01 00 01, we would know that we had a "Video Player Device" that supports "Region 2 Licensing", 36 bit color and has limited 3D support.

Now if the D2v or AVM50v gets this message, it will most likely simply ignore the 4th instruction as they do not support 3D and so may not have even implemented a check for these codes. And therefor the ABP100 player works with them, regardless of what is sent in the last quadrant. The MRX however, does support 3D and needs to know if the signal is 3D or not. If the last digits are not correctly set by the ABP100 player or worse yet are not set at all and result in a random set of digits being placed there, than the MRX may be receiving incorrect information and therefore not processing the signal correctly. No fault of the MRX's. Now lets say your TV also does not support 3D and ignores the last quadrant, again all is ok. And if you can pass the signal directly "Through" the MRX, the MRX ignores all 4 quadrants and simply passes the signal and than the TV receives the signal and ignores the last quadrant and all works! Does this mean that the MRX fixed the problem by passing the 1080p24 signal "Through"? No, it simply means you were able to get around the issue by passing the signal to your TV and as the TV ignores the last quadrant, the problem is magically fixed!

Of course this example is just an example... the communications over HDMI are much more complex. But this shows how a device that has a small implementation issue can often work with a lot of equipment but still be the root cause of an issue with another device that is correctly implemented.

AGAIN let me state, I do not know this is the issue and there is nothing to say that the MRX does not have multiple issues of its own (clearly we know it does not implement pass "Through" correctly today). My example is simply an example. I'm just stating that while we are all very hopeful that a correctly implemented "Through" mode, and perhaps some other fixes discovered during the investigation of this issue, will resolve your issue, it does not mean that the MRX was at fault.

Now lets say that the MRX needs that last quadrant information to process the sound correctly... it maybe that in "Through" mode your video issues suddenly go away as the TV handles the processing of the incorrect quadrant by ignoring it... yet your audio issue may not go away because the MRX sitll needs to process that last quadrant correctly for it to process the audio.

Hope this helps explain a little bit why these issues can be so tricky to track down and why I'm always a little cautious to point fingers.

Now that seems like a "computer generated response" if I ever saw one
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #4165 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now that seems like a "computer generated response" if I ever saw one
John

Was it all the 1's and 0's that gave it away?!

post #4166 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger! View Post

Was it all the 1's and 0's that gave it away?!

You must have a longer lunch break today

On a side note regarding the "POP" noise. This is the only issue I have heard so far and even though it's present it is hard to hear but there.
post #4167 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

On a side note regarding the "POP" noise. This is the only issue I have heard so far and even though it's present it is hard to hear but there.

Some reports with the Beta software suggest it has been fixed.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #4168 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Some reports with the Beta software suggest it has been fixed.
John

To tell you the truth jayray, it really doesn't bother me as I can barely here it
post #4169 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

To tell you the truth jayray, it really doesn't bother me as I can barely here it

It tends to bother me, it seems very pronounced on my system... and I would second that I believe the new firmware will correct or greatly reduce the "pop"

post #4170 of 16528 Old 05-19-2011, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yea, probably should have written that when I got home tonight... well guess I will be at the office late tonight! At least this week has been a bit slow (don't expect me to post this much during the day in the comming weeks... things at my office are starting to pickup!).

It was an explenation I've almost written a few times on different things on here... there is a reason why when one tries to troubleshoot a problem that sometimes we ask a bunch of different questions with lots of different combinations of test to try (sometimes seemingly unrelated).

Often an answer is found in an odd detail that simply has been overlooked, misunderstood or misinterpreted.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx500 , Anthem Mrx300 , Anthem Mrx700 , Receivers Amplifiers , Component Amplifiers , 3d Hdtv , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page