Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 350 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10471 of 16706 Old 04-24-2012, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here are my latest levels with a new 5.1 speaker setup.

Martin Logan ESL's Electrostats for fronts.
Martin Logan C2 Center
Martin Logan FX surrounds
Definitive Super Cube III sub

My MRX is the 700.

Room size is a small 13 x 12

Tigger please comment on my levels.

Thanks!
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10472 of 16706 Old 04-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger! View Post

Your ARC config looks pretty good out of the gate... I'm guessing you reviewed the comments on a few of the previous posts and played before posting?

Looking quickly: Your Speaker Levels look excelent. Your Speaker Graphs look very good. Your Targets make sense based on the graphs you posted. Your sub looks excellent and it appears you set your sub to be "Flat" which makes sense from what I can see in the graphs.

How does it sound?

The one other thing I see, ARC picked a very low value for your room gain (based on your graphs, this makes sense). If your room is naturally some what dead, the value ARC picked is probably approriate. If however you feel like everything is a bit flat and you wish it had a little more volume in the low end, you might try a room gain of between 2.5-3.5 and see what you think.

NOTE: Sometimes more room gain is not better. Give it a listen for a week where ARC set it first. Once you are comfortable where it is, you can try adjusting the room gain and see if you like it a bit higher or prefer it where ARC set it.

Thanks for the feedback. I have been doing some reading up to prepare. Graphs were my second run as the first had sub minus 6 so I ran again lowering the sub gain. On my first run ARC set the center at 60, same as mains and on second run set to 80 which I think is more reasonable.

I knew my sub (SVS 20-39pci) is capable of strong output at 20hz so I sat to flat. I did notice the low room gain as you pointed out and my room I believe is basically a bit flat. I will listen to this for awhile as you suggest and maybe increase a little to compare.

I have not had a lot of time to listen yet, but so far I am very impressed. What stands out so far for me is the sub integration, very seamless.

Barry
post #10473 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Your ARC config looks pretty good out of the gate... I'm guessing you reviewed the comments on a few of the previous posts and played before posting?

Looking quickly: Your Speaker Levels look excelent. Your Speaker Graphs look very good. Your Targets make sense based on the graphs you posted. Your sub looks excellent and it appears you set your sub to be "Flat" which makes sense from what I can see in the graphs.

How does it sound?

The one other thing I see, ARC picked a very low value for your room gain (based on your graphs, this makes sense). If your room is naturally some what dead, the value ARC picked is probably approriate. If however you feel like everything is a bit flat and you wish it had a little more volume in the low end, you might try a room gain of between 2.5-3.5 and see what you think.

NOTE: Sometimes more room gain is not better. Give it a listen for a week where ARC set it first. Once you are comfortable where it is, you can try adjusting the room gain and see if you like it a bit higher or prefer it where ARC set it.

Tigger!,
I opened the file and recalculated with 2.5 room gain and here are the charts. I did not upload yet but I would like some feedback and education as to reading the charts. Can you point me to what I should be looking for/at.

Do you think this will be an improvement? See anything of concern? Should I go higher on room gain?

Thanks in advance,
Barry
LL
LL
post #10474 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM

Liked: 12
Have enjoyed my Anthem for awhile now with lots of good sounds. Question in order to operate the V-Tuner radio must you have an ethernet connection? I have Apple TV connected does V-Tuner afford me any options that the Apple TV lacks?
post #10475 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blb1215 View Post

Tigger!,
I opened the file and recalculated with 2.5 room gain and here are the charts. I did not upload yet but I would like some feedback and education as to reading the charts. Can you point me to what I should be looking for/at.

Do you think this will be an improvement? See anything of concern? Should I go higher on room gain?

Thanks in advance,
Barry

Upload this file and give it a listen. To add more room gain requires you listen for a while and see if it's necessary as Tigger suggested.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #10476 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by blb1215 View Post

Tigger!,

Thanks in advance,
Barry

Hi Barry,

Your graphs still look good. It is hard to give a real good "quick" crash course on reading the graphs... other than a few (mostly) obvious comments... but here goes:

NOTE: reading and reviewing as many graphs and the comments that follow in this thread will give you the ability to start to "get the feel" for what you are looking at. In fact it is amazing the things you start to be able infer about a set of speakers and where they are placed in a room, just by looking at their graphs.

1) The 'Y' Axis of the graph shows "volume" in db.
2) The 'X' Axis of the graph shows frequency.
3) Looking at the graphs you see 3 lines

a) Red Line - this is the "measured" line. Basically what the microphone heard for volume at a particualr frequency.
b) Dashed Line - this is the target line that ARC would like the volume level to be at a particular frequency
c) Green Line - this is a "calculated" line that estimates about what the volume level should be like after ARC applies its corrections.

4) The Red Measured Line is not a single microphone reading in one location but an average of all of the locations you sampled. If you would like to see the measurments at one single location, you can use "Quick Measure". However, the goal of ARC is not to make a single Amazing listinging location, but instead to make the whole "listening area" excellent.
5) Typically we don't like to see large swings in the Red Line, valleys of greater than 5-6db ARC can not fully correct, Peaks of greater than 8-12db, especially in the lower frequencies, usually suggest to much boundary gain (speakers are to close to one or more walls).
6) A lack of higher frequencies may be the result of speakers not being positioned well to face the listening area.
7) Odd dips and peaks in the middle frequency area may be the result of furnature or (often in the case of the center) where the speaker is located on a stand/table top/TV stand shelf.
8) Typically we like to see the Green Calculated curve match the Dashed Target curve as closely as possible. The human ear can not detect differences of less than 2db, so typically we like to see any deviations in the green line from the target line be no more than about 2-3db. If the deviations are greater, than re-positioning your speakers to see if you can improve things may be necessary.
9) Just because ARC lets you sample more than 5 speaker positions, AND even thought the graph may look smoother... this does not mean you should be running ARC with more than 5 positions. Mathematically, the more points you average, the smoother the line is likely to look and that makes people think the line is better... however, really you are simply compromising the quality of the sound you would have gotten in a smaller area with 5 readings by making ARC try to adapt to a larger area with more readings. Unless you need to cover a large seating area, 5 readings will normally be what you want.
10) Do not second guess the Targets that ARC picks, 98% the time it is spot on . Changing a Target to try and make a speaker extend further down (for main speakers) or reach higher (for the sub) typically will have little postive gain as ARC has already noted where the speaker fails to perform and has picked the targets appropriately (and doing so may push your speaker where it is not naturaly comfortable).
11) Some boundary gain is typically good for your main speakers (and sometimes the sub), but to much is not helpful and may cause ARC to set your targets higher, not lower!
12) Just because the volume on your sub goes higher... does not mean it should be set at Max. Also, pushing a sub into a corner that causes a lot of boundary gain can help a sub that is weak in the lower frequencies, but, with a sub that handles lower frequencies well, to much boundary gain may actually cause your subs higher end to appear to be part of a low pass filter (not good) and you may not get the upper reach you are looking for as ARC will begin rolling your sub at a lower frequency than necessary, pulling subs like this away from the walls will help the low end to come down to the the same volume level as the upper frequencies and possibly allow ARC to see that your sub plays much higher, naturally, of course . (We aim for the sub to naturally reach 120Hz if possible).
13) Room Gain is a personal taste... however, very few people like a perfectly flat room (room gain of 0) and a room gain of negative is not possible. Room Gain also needs to match your minds expectations for a particular room. If your room is naturally dead and you are accustom to that... adding to much room gain may sound boomy. On the other side, if you room has a lot of natural room gain and you set your room gain to low, then the low end may sound washed out or lacking. Typically room gain should not be set higher than 4, with normal room gain values being in the 0.5-3.9 range, most commonly you will observe that most are more around 2.5-3.9.
14) Always listen to what ARC has recommend for at least a solid week to get re-aquainted with the corrected sound before you decide to try changing things. You will be surpirsed how we often have adapted to the old sound of our previous system and need a little time to re-learn what things should sound like. If after a solid week of listening you are still finding something sounds off... then we can try manually overriding what ARC has done, often by adjusting the room gain, or adjusting treble/bass settings to see if we can help improve things to your taste.

Hope that helps some.

Please, before you ask a question about...
General Information on the MRX Series: See the First post here.
Technical Information including using ARC: See the "FAQ" post here.
post #10477 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin howarth View Post

Have enjoyed my Anthem for awhile now with lots of good sounds. Question in order to operate the V-Tuner radio must you have an ethernet connection? I have Apple TV connected does V-Tuner afford me any options that the Apple TV lacks?

To use the internet radio in the MRX, you will need to have the MRX connected to the internet. As for comparisson to the internet radio offerings of the Apple TV, that I do not know. If you are happy with the internet radio stations available on the Apple TV, then no need to use the MRX's internet radio.

Note: if you have an MRX-700 in the US, than you also have HD radio available to... this does not require an internet connection.

post #10478 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks John and Tigger!,
I will listen for a week or so and then upload new room gain and compare.

Thanks again,
Barry
post #10479 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Barry,

Your graphs still look good. It is hard to give a real good "quick" crash course on reading the graphs... other than a few (mostly) obvious comments... but here goes:

NOTE: reading and reviewing as many graphs and the comments that follow in this thread will give you the ability to start to "get the feel" for what you are looking at. In fact it is amazing the things you start to be able infer about a set of speakers and where they are placed in a room, just by looking at their graphs.

a) Red Line - this is the "measured" line. Basically what the microphone heard for volume at a particualr frequency.
b) Dashed Line - this is the target line that ARC would like the volume level to be at a particular frequency
c) Green Line - this is a "calculated" line that estimates about what the volume level should be like after ARC applies its corrections.
4) The Red Measured Line is not a single microphone reading in one location but an average of all of the locations you sampled. If you would like to see the measurments at one single location, you can use "Quick Measure". However, the goal of ARC is not to make a single Amazing listinging location, but instead to make the whole "listening area" excellent.
5) Typically we don't like to see large swings in the Red Line, valleys of greater than 5-6db ARC can not fully correct, Peaks of greater than 8-12db, especially in the lower frequencies, usually suggest to much boundary gain (speakers are to close to one or more walls).
6) A lack of higher frequencies may be the result of speakers not being positioned well to face the listening area.
7) Odd dips and peaks in the middle frequency area may be the result of furnature or (often in the case of the center) where the speaker is located on a stand/table top/TV stand shelf.
8) Typically we like to see the Green Calculated curve match the Dashed Target curve as closely as possible. The human ear can not detect differences of less than 2db, so typically we like to see any deviations in the green line from the target line be no more than about 2-3db. If the deviations are greater, than re-positioning your speakers to see if you can improve things may be necessary.
9) Just be cause ARC lets you sample more than 5 speaker positions, AND even thought the graph make look smoother... does not mean you should be running ARC with more than 5 positions. Mathematically, the more points you average, the smoother the line is likely to look and that makes people think the line is better... however, really you are simply compromising the quality of the sound you would have gotten in a smaller area with 5 readings by making ARC try to adapt to a larger area with more readings. Unless you need to cover a large seating area, 5 readings will normally be what you want.
10) Do not second guess that Targets that ARC picks, 98% the time it is spot on . Changing a Target to try and make a speaker extend further down (for main speakers) or reach higher (for the sub) typically will have little postive gain as ARC has already noted where the speaker fails to perform and has picked the targets appropriately.
11) Some boundary gain is typically good for your main speakers (and sometimes the sub), but to much is not helpful and may cause ARC to set your targets higher, not lower!
12) Just because the volume on your sub goes higher... does not mean it should be set at Max. Also, pushing a sub into a corner that causes a lot of boundary gain can help a sub that is weak in the lower frequencies, but with a sub that handles lower frequencies well, to much boundary gain may actually cause your subs higher end to appear to be part of a low pass filter and you may not get the upper reach you are looking for, pulling sub like this away from the wall will help the low end to come down the the same volume level as the upper frequencies. (We aim for the sub to natrually reach 120Hz if possible).
13) Room Gain is a personal taste... however, very few people like a perfectly flat room (room gain of 0) and a room gain of negative is not possible. Room Gain is also needs to match your minds expectations for a room. If your room is naturally dead and you are accustom to that... adding to much room gain may sound boomy. On the other side, if you room has a lot of natrual room gain and you set your room gain to low, then the low end may sound washed out or lacking. Typically room gain should not be set higher than 4, with normal room gain values being in the 0.5-3.9 range, most commonly you will observe that most are more around 2.5-3.9.
14) Always listen to what ARC has recommend for at least a solid week to get re-aquainted with the corrected sound before you decide to try changing things. You will be surpirsed how we often have adapted to the old sound of our previous system and need a little time to re-learn what things should sound like. If after a solid week of listening you are still finding something sounds off... then we can try manually overriding what ARC has done, often by adjusting the room gain, or adjusting treble/bass settings to see if we can help improve things to your taste.

Hope that helps some.

Anthem should include this in their manual
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #10480 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

anthem should include this in their manual
john

+100!
post #10481 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

John

Ha! Thanks Jayray... I think Anthem should include most of your FAQ in the manual! Maybe in an addendum or appendix at the back, at the very least!

I asked once if Anthem had any additional literature and training matterial they could provide... perhaps some of the training and tech notes they must send their dealers to help with training and installation of their products... the response I got back was pretty much, what's wrong with our manual and we have nothing else that we provide our dealers and installers.

Oh well.

post #10482 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 143
If speakers are to close to the wall, mine are but i can't do anything about it, would adding bass traps behind my speakers help with my red line? Would that in turn help with my green line?
post #10483 of 16706 Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin howarth View Post

I too have used both and prefer the Apple TV. I just find it faster and easier to use, more channels available and a much nicer UI......just my opinion.

post #10484 of 16706 Old 04-26-2012, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Is there anyway to check the sampling frequency of incoming audio signal on the MRX display ?

post #10485 of 16706 Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Hi Barry,

9) Just because ARC lets you sample more than 5 speaker positions, AND even thought the graph may look smoother... this does not mean you should be running ARC with more than 5 positions. Mathematically, the more points you average, the smoother the line is likely to look and that makes people think the line is better... however, really you are simply compromising the quality of the sound you would have gotten in a smaller area with 5 readings by making ARC try to adapt to a larger area with more readings. Unless you need to cover a large seating area, 5 readings will normally be what you want.
10) Do not second guess the Targets that ARC picks, 98% the time it is spot on . Changing a Target to try and make a speaker extend further down (for main speakers) or reach higher (for the sub) typically will have little postive gain as ARC has already noted where the speaker fails to perform and has picked the targets appropriately (and doing so may push your speaker where it is not naturaly comfortable).
12) Just because the volume on your sub goes higher... does not mean it should be set at Max. Also, pushing a sub into a corner that causes a lot of boundary gain can help a sub that is weak in the lower frequencies, but, with a sub that handles lower frequencies well, to much boundary gain may actually cause your subs higher end to appear to be part of a low pass filter (not good) and you may not get the upper reach you are looking for as ARC will begin rolling your sub at a lower frequency than necessary, pulling subs like this away from the walls will help the low end to come down to the the same volume level as the upper frequencies and possibly allow ARC to see that your sub plays much higher, naturally, of course . (We aim for the sub to natrually reach 120Hz if possible).
13) Room Gain is a personal taste... however, very few people like a perfectly flat room (room gain of 0) and a room gain of negative is not possible. Room Gain also needs to match your minds expectations for a particular room. If your room is naturally dead and you are accustom to that... adding to much room gain may sound boomy. On the other side, if you room has a lot of natrual room gain and you set your room gain to low, then the low end may sound washed out or lacking. Typically room gain should not be set higher than 4, with normal room gain values being in the 0.5-3.9 range, most commonly you will observe that most are more around 2.5-3.9.

Hope that helps some.

Quote:

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrotex View Post

+100!

I agree with jayray and hydrotex. That was a very nice write up Tigger!!
post #10486 of 16706 Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 AM

FYI
In response to my own posts.....

In the rare instance one might want to record AM/FM/FMHD from the MRX units, it is not possible from the Rec Out according to Pierro.
TJG
post #10487 of 16706 Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJG55 View Post

FYI
In response to my own posts.....

In the rare instance one might want to record AM/FM/FMHD from the MRX units, it is not possible from the Rec Out according to Pierro.
TJG

Interesting, thanks for the update TJG. One would have just assumed all inputs should be able to be directed to the record outputs (except perhaps HDMI where copy protection is being applied).

Of course most of us don't typically have much reason to record live radio any more... perhaps if we knew someone that was going to be featured on a brodcast that we wanted to capture?

Did Pierro make any suggestions for recording Radio then? I suppose if you don't use Zone 2 with any speakers (or as part of your main configuration with a 7.1 setup), you could set the default volume of Zone 2 to be -10 or 0 and then use the Pre-Amp outs as line level recording sources? Not sure this would work with internet radio as I don't believe the internet radio can be directed to Zone 2... but should work for the others I would think? Of course make sure you are not applying any tone controls on the source or they would be recorded as well. (ARC is not an issue, though, as it is Zone 2).

post #10488 of 16706 Old 04-27-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post

Is there anyway to check the sampling frequency of incoming audio signal on the MRX display ?

I looked for this option and couldn't find any screen that would display this sort of information.
post #10489 of 16706 Old 04-27-2012, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post

I looked for this option and couldn't find any screen that would display this sort of information.

Don't think there is.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #10490 of 16706 Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Don't think there is.
John

That's what I thought.

It may be easier to determine the signal being fed to the mrx by looking at the source's output settings.
post #10491 of 16706 Old 04-27-2012, 02:42 PM

T
Very astute observation. If no 7.1 and Z2, then Z2 out would work. Now playing with a 700 and will check if Internet radio will work. Also will check tone controls on Z2. Partner is demo-ing now but will post results later.
Tom
post #10492 of 16706 Old 04-27-2012, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJG55 View Post

T
Very astute observation. If no 7.1 and Z2, then Z2 out would work. Now playing with a 700 and will check if Internet radio will work. Also will check tone controls on Z2. Partner is demo-ing now but will post results later.
Tom

I suppose another question is, does the internet radio and any music files played from a USB stick, get sent to the standard record out? Making it only the Radio Tuner section of the MRX that is not routed to the Rec Out, outputs?

I suggest that the internet radio and digital music played off of a USB stick (and for that matter an attached MDX-1 iPod dock) should all behave the same way, I believe, as I think they all play through the same software media layer (I believe)... so the bevior of one digital file source I would expect behaves the same as another... weather it came from the internet, USB stick, or Dock.

post #10493 of 16706 Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Hi All,

I recently purchased the MRX-500 which I am completely sold on. Even before running ARC the sound quality, imaging and detail was streaks ahead of my previous pioneer receiver. I am running the Anthem with Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 across L, R and C with matching Ascend HTM-200 SE surround speakers and the sub is a M & K MV-75 MK11.

I've been experimenting with ARC while reading through the forum. I know that as my sub is in the corner of the lounge there is some reflection gain from the corner. I dont really have another option in terms of moving the sub, well one that would keen my marriage on an even keel particularly after recently shipping the ascends to NZ and buying the anthem

My readings are as follows:

Dolby Vol Calibration offset -3
Front Left +3
Centre +3
Front Right +3
Surround Right -1
Surround Left -3
Sub Woofer -10

I've attached the graphs and targets. I know looking at the readings that the sub volume is too high. I did turn right down on a previous run and it took the sub level down to -6.

It would be really awesome to hear your expert opinions on anything else I can do to blend the sub.

The other issue I have is that I listen to a massive range of genres. Everything from indie, rock to drum and bass and dubstep. I find the arc settings great for indie, rock and the bass is well integrated but where dubstep has the bassline as the main event I keep wanting to alter the bass higher. Do any of you guys have similar issues between genres or should I just do what everyone says and listen to arc untouched for a few weeks.

Cheers!!
LL
LL
LL
post #10494 of 16706 Old 04-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post

Thanks thats my finding as well although I thought there could be some secret window, etc.

post #10495 of 16706 Old 04-28-2012, 03:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwicol View Post

Hi All,

I recently purchased the MRX-500 which I am completely sold on. Even before running ARC the sound quality, imaging and detail was streaks ahead of my previous pioneer receiver. I am running the Anthem with Ascend Acoustics Sierra 1 across L, R and C with matching Ascend HTM-200 SE surround speakers and the sub is a M & K MV-75 MK11.

I've been experimenting with ARC while reading through the forum. I know that as my sub is in the corner of the lounge there is some reflection gain from the corner. I dont really have another option in terms of moving the sub, well one that would keen my marriage on an even keel particularly after recently shipping the ascends to NZ and buying the anthem

Front Left +3
Centre +3
Front Right +3
Surround Right -1
Surround Left -3
Sub Woofer -10

I've attached the graphs and targets. I know looking at the readings that the sub volume is too high. I did turn right down on a previous run and it took the sub level down to -6.

It would be really awesome to hear your expert opinions on anything else I can do to blend the sub.

The other issue I have is that I listen to a massive range of genres. Everything from indie, rock to drum and bass and dubstep. I find the arc settings great for indie, rock and the bass is well integrated but where dubstep has the bassline as the main event I keep wanting to alter the bass higher. Do any of you guys have similar issues between genres or should I just do what everyone says and listen to arc untouched for a few weeks.

Cheers!!

which model of Pioneer did you own before please ?
post #10496 of 16706 Old 04-28-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markabuckley View Post

which model of Pioneer did you own before please ?

It was only an entry level vsx-826 so would expect a big leap in quality.
post #10497 of 16706 Old 04-28-2012, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

It was only an entry level vsx-826 so would expect a big leap in quality.

ah ok fair enough - thanks for reply - wasn't sure if it was one of the new ICE-powered ones etc. I've got a legacy AX10Ai/59Txi and considering getting an Anthem but sitting on fence atm - need to get a few more demos of the Anthem I think
post #10498 of 16706 Old 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post

Thanks thats my finding as well although I thought there could be some secret window, etc.

I wonder if it's something that can be added with a firmware change.

I sent the question about displaying the bitrate to Anthem through their support site. I'll let you know what they say.
post #10499 of 16706 Old 04-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Front Left +3
Centre +3
Front Right +3
Surround Right -1
Surround Left -3
Sub Woofer -10

First thing you need to do is turn the gain on your sub way down. What is it set at right now? Turn it down by half and re-run ARC.

Alex
post #10500 of 16706 Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 AM

Maybe I'm losing my mind but I don't think so. With the 50.23 firmware, I can no longer play 24/192 files from my media server (Eagles, Phish from HD tracks) via the coax input unless I turn off ARC. 24/96 files work fine. Can any one else verify this? I sent an email to Anthem to inform them and get the old 50.12 firmware.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx500 , Anthem Mrx300 , Anthem Mrx700 , Receivers Amplifiers , Component Amplifiers , 3d Hdtv , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread - Mrx500 by PriceGrabber.com