Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 373 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #11161 of 16550 Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are they going to issue a "official" firmware release or is it just going to be available via beta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11162 of 16550 Old 06-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr100 View Post

Are they going to issue a "official" firmware release or is it just going to be available via beta
I am only quessing but there will be an offical release. They could be waiting to either confirm there are no issues with the beta or they have other items they are working on that they intend to include in the next release and want to to include those.

Barry
post #11163 of 16550 Old 06-21-2012, 02:56 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

Open up the target window in ARC and in the Advanced menu you'll see Set HPF, set this to Flat from Auto.
John

Yea i found it this morning, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger! View Post

ARC looks like it has done a nice job with the four speakers you posted!

ah i guess i should scroll down and show the other 2 lol, here is center and subwoofer

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/special_blend_05/graph2.jpg
post #11164 of 16550 Old 06-21-2012, 04:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
Well, third time I've attempted to e-mail tech support. No response to the first two attempts. Two weeks ago for the first, one week for the 2nd. I'm taking it back Saturday if I don't get a response. I have checked the spam folder. I don't understand why some of you are getting responses. So far, their support has been non existent.

So, I still have the problem where the audio quits processing if I turn the MRX off for a couple of hours (as in, turn it off to go to bed, get up and turn it on "No Signal"). I have to unplug it from the wall to get it to process audio again. This is for ALL inputs, even the radio and the media player.
post #11165 of 16550 Old 06-21-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil View Post

Well, third time I've attempted to e-mail tech support. No response to the first two attempts. Two weeks ago for the first, one week for the 2nd. I'm taking it back Saturday if I don't get a response. I have checked the spam folder. I don't understand why some of you are getting responses. So far, their support has been non existent.
So, I still have the problem where the audio quits processing if I turn the MRX off for a couple of hours (as in, turn it off to go to bed, get up and turn it on "No Signal"). I have to unplug it from the wall to get it to process audio again. This is for ALL inputs, even the radio and the media player.

You need a PHONE CALL - Live Support is Excellent
post #11166 of 16550 Old 06-21-2012, 05:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

That would be great if they answered the phone after 6pm CST during the week or Saturdays or Sundays.
post #11167 of 16550 Old 06-21-2012, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:

Are you using this page to contact tech support: http://www.anthemav.com/Contact-Technical-Support

That's the method I used and I received a very prompt response. If that's the page you used to contact tech support, did you double-check your email address?
post #11168 of 16550 Old 06-21-2012, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

That would be great if they answered the phone after 6pm CST during the week or Saturdays or Sundays.

I don't think many companies have support on their off hours.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #11169 of 16550 Old 06-21-2012, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

Then just return it so I can stop reading these posts or make a phone call.
post #11170 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 04:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post

Then just return it so I can stop reading these posts or make a phone call.
No, I'm posting here so that others can see that the kiss assery for Anthem isn't necessarily so. You aren't the only one reading. Maybe someone else is considering buying from Anthem and is concerned about support.
post #11171 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No, I'm posting here so that others can see that the kiss assery for Anthem isn't necessarily so. You aren't the only one reading. Maybe someone else is considering buying from Anthem and is concerned about support.

Anthem Tech Support is the BEST on the PLANET.

Obviously - you care NOT TO USE IT.

I have received PERFECT e-mail and live phone support, as all the others have.

Yes you do have to call during their working hours. GET A LIFE AND RETURN
the Anthem. It is not Anthem's fault you can not adjust to their schedule.

Imagine taking a day off to CALL THEM
post #11172 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 05:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post

Obviously - you care NOT TO USE IT.
I have received PERFECT e-mail and live phone support, as all the others have.
Yes you do have to call during their working hours. GET A LIFE AND RETURN
the Anthem. It is not Anthem's fault you can not adjust to their schedule.
Imagine taking a day off to CALL THEM
How is using their support page on their site "not choosing to use their support"? I have not received perfect, or any tech support via e-mail. My job makes it difficult for me to contact via phone. They have a support page on their site. Why would I not expect to get a response in 3 weeks using their own process for support?

I actually have a pretty good and enjoyable life. It IS Anthems fault that they haven't responded to multiple e-mails. I don't WANT to adjust my schedule for a piece of electronics. It works better for ME to get things coordinated through e-mail. I prefer to imagine taking a day off to spend time with my family, or skiing etc... That's what MY time off is for.
post #11173 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 05:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I have no proof to this statement. I have exactly the opposite experience. From my chair they don't have ANY support.
post #11174 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have no proof to this statement. I have exactly the opposite experience. From my chair they don't have ANY support.

Maybe it is because your expectations are unrealistic
post #11175 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 06:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Maybe it is because your expectations are unrealistic
Unrealistic to expect a response of any kind from their support e-mail address in 3 weeks? Our definitions are completely different if you think that is unrealistic.
post #11176 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

How is using their support page on their site "not choosing to use their support"? I have not received perfect, or any tech support via e-mail. My job makes it difficult for me to contact via phone. They have a support page on their site. Why would I not expect to get a response in 3 weeks using their own process for support?
I actually have a pretty good and enjoyable life. It IS Anthems fault that they haven't responded to multiple e-mails. I don't WANT to adjust my schedule for a piece of electronics. It works better for ME to get things coordinated through e-mail. I prefer to imagine taking a day off to spend time with my family, or skiing etc... That's what MY time off is for.

I have found Anthem support to be very good as well. However, I agree with you that email support should work as well as calling and that you shouldn't have to take a vacation day to contact support. However, for many it appears support is working exceptionally well... so something is specifically impacting you that is unique. It sounds like their maybe another issue here, perhaps your ISP is blocking Anthems email responses. There are a number of possible problems that could be preventing you from getting a response from Anthem and given the overwhelming response of people requesting the beta software and getting with in 24 hours, I think you might want to consider alternate options for communicating to Anthem.

Try:

1) Calling them directly (I understand this is difficult, but perhaps you can catch them before work or on a lunch break?)
2) Going through your Anthem Dealer
3a) If you have been sending emails to support, try using there support posting page so you can make sure your emails are not going into there spam folder: http://anthemav.com/Contact-Technical-Support
3b) If you have been using the support page to submitt cases, try their support email address, it is in the FAQ on the first page
4) You are frustrated and that is understandable... however, try when communicating to keep your emails short and to the point. Complaining will not help. Avoid using lots of **** and !!!! as these will flag your email for spam with a lot of spam systems. And avoid including links and URLS as these again may cause a spam filter to catch your email. It is in fact possible your email or your ISP's email system is flaging Anthems email as spam as it contains a URL. There is NOTHING Anthem can do about that if it is occuring. Talk to your system admin or ISP!
5) Try an alternate email address and or email provider. If you don't have a gmail account get one. If you are using a gmail account, try sending from the free email account your ISP gives you (almost all include at least one free email account).

Start diagnosing your problem, check all of your speaker connections and make sure there isn't a stray wire somewhere touching something. Disconnect all of your devices, except one from the receiver and see if the problem continues. Even try disconnecting all external devices, as you say this occures on ALL sources, see if it continues to occure with nothing but the FM radio. Make sure CEC is turned off on ALL of your devices (remember each manufacture has a different name for CEC, do a search on this thread and you will find I posted a list of each manufactures names for CEC). Remember that an HDMI device that is connected (even if turned off) can still cause problems!

Please, before you ask a question about...
General Information on the MRX Series: See the First post here.
Technical Information including using ARC: See the "FAQ" post here.
post #11177 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unrealistic to expect a response of any kind from their support e-mail address in 3 weeks? Our definitions are completely different if you think that is unrealistic.

Tigger's ADVICE ABOVE Î is very good.
post #11178 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

RETurn it or wait for the official FW.
post #11179 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Tigger's ADVICE ABOVE Î is very good.
Yes it is. And I appreciate his approach to suggestions as opposed to some others... However, I actually followed most of that already. I am using their web site support form, I have done extensive troubleshooting, down to swapping cables and isolating individual devices. I have gone through my local dealer, but so far no response in that direction either.

Just a side question. What official FW? Am I using un-official FW? Is there a known issue with audio processing stopping? By the way, I didn't need to turn it off. Last night it just went silen "No Signal" while we were watching TV. I unplugged, waited 10 minutes, replugged and it worked again. Very frustrating.
post #11180 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just a side question. What official FW? Am I using un-official FW? Is there a known issue with audio processing stopping? By the way, I didn't need to turn it off. Last night it just went silen "No Signal" while we were watching TV. I unplugged, waited 10 minutes, replugged and it worked again. Very frustrating.

Some other Anthem Expert can JUMP in and HELP you with That.
post #11181 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes it is. And I appreciate his approach to suggestions as opposed to some others... However, I actually followed most of that already. I am using their web site support form, I have done extensive troubleshooting, down to swapping cables and isolating individual devices. I have gone through my local dealer, but so far no response in that direction either.

Get them to send you a new unit. Your dealer could help with that. If all that tigger suggested doesn't work then mine might work.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #11182 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Hello all,
If you are as frustrated as I am that Anthem has not released an IPod dock there is a good option. Arcam, has just come out with a dock that has HDMI out. All digital signal to the Amthem via ARC, this should sound pretty damn good. It is costly. $300.00!
post #11183 of 16550 Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Don't just swap cables. Unplug EVERYTHING, heck unplug all but your Left and Right Main Speakers. See if you can reproduce your problem listening to FM Radio (it sounds like this issue is easy for you to reproduce normally). If Yes, do as Jayray suggested, get the unit replaced. If not, start adding things back in,start with your speakers. Next add in your TV and no other devices. Than add one component at a time until the problem returns. Keep in mind that with HDMI devices, the problem may not necessaraly be with the last HDMI connected device but with some combination of devices.

If you are using a line conditioner or special audio power source of some kind, take it out of the picture. Plug everything into a standard power strip and into a properly grounded wall outlet.

As for Firmware, the current production firmware is listed on Anthems site. It is v50.23. This version comes with DSP2 v50.03. This version appears to have a bug that was introduced in v50.23 of the firmware were ARC is not correctly applied to all channels in some cases. The previous Production releases v50.12 and v50.19* do not appear to have had this bug and both use a DSP2 v50.02.

There is currently a non production Beta release of v50.23 with DSP v50.04 that can be requested from Anthem. This version appears to correct the bug that was occuring where ARC was not correctly applied to all channels. Unless Anthem is working on other bug fixes or features (not currently publically known) that they intend to add before a public release, I would expect a public release will be likely in the next month with the fix in it. If they are however working on further bug fixes or enhancments, they will likely have another beta release before producing an official public release.

To date I'm not aware of an issue like the one you are describing in a current firmware release.

*Note: a few production units, that shipped with v50.19, may have shipped with DSP2 v50.03. If this is the case, there is a chance that these units may have the same bug as v50.23, however this is just conjecture. If you installed v50.19 from the production release on Anthems website, it should have had DSP2 v50.02.

post #11184 of 16550 Old 06-23-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Unplug EVERYTHING, heck unplug all but your Left and Right Main Speakers. See if you can reproduce your problem listening to FM Radio (it sounds like this issue is easy for you to reproduce normally).
I had posted before that I have stripped the system down to just this test. The answer is yes. If just have L/R mains plugged in and just using the FM radio .. i.e. no other devices plugged in at all, it will not process audio ("No Signal") when powering on after being turned off for the night. I just use a standard power strip.
post #11185 of 16550 Old 06-23-2012, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I had posted before that I have stripped the system down to just this test. The answer is yes. If just have L/R mains plugged in and just using the FM radio .. i.e. no other devices plugged in at all, it will not process audio ("No Signal") when powering on after being turned off for the night. I just use a standard power strip.

If that is the case, take it back to your Anthem Dealer and have it exchanged. No one else is having an issue like yours and you have clearly eliminated all other variables.

post #11186 of 16550 Old 06-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

You made the ultimate mistake. You are even remotely negative about Anthem. You need to be smashed down and belittled. The only thing worse you could do is say that "amps sound really different to me, especially expensive one's." LOL!

I also have found their support a little lacking.

Yesterday I E-mailed and then talked to...

Piero Ferrari (CS Supervisor) who is particularly pointless to work with. All that and I'm STILL waiting for the link to the new FW from him. Guess, I should E-mail again.

I'd say all the stuff I've dealt (or not) with, but it just opens up the break it down and throw it back at you routine, that is so popular.

Good luck JMCecil, there are MANY people that don't post here anymore that are with you.

Moderator harassment is wrong and immoral.  
post #11187 of 16550 Old 06-23-2012, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean-l View Post

You made the ultimate mistake. You are even remotely negative about Anthem. You need to be smashed down and belittled. The only thing worse you could do is say that "amps sound really different to me, especially expensive one's." LOL!
I also have found their support a little lacking.
Yesterday I E-mailed and then talked to...
Piero Ferrari (CS Supervisor) who is particularly pointless to work with. All that and I'm STILL waiting for the link to the new FW from him. Guess, I should E-mail again.
I'd say all the stuff I've dealt (or not) with, but it just opens up the break it down and throw it back at you routine, that is so popular.
Good luck JMCecil, there are MANY people that don't post here anymore that are with you.

Blah blah blah. Maybe you should get rid of yours so we don't have to listen to your diatribes. They have sold thousands of these units so your "many" is still a very small percentage. I read many threads and there are hardly any people who have done what you said.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #11188 of 16550 Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If that is the case, take it back to your Anthem Dealer and have it exchanged. No one else is having an issue like yours and you have clearly eliminated all other variables.

This was stated before and he should move on to Denon or some other AVR that will make him happy.
post #11189 of 16550 Old 06-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post

Hello all,
If you are as frustrated as I am that Anthem has not released an IPod dock there is a good option. Arcam, has just come out with a dock that has HDMI out. All digital signal to the Amthem via ARC, this should sound pretty damn good. It is costly. $300.00!

AppleTV does the job as well. IMO it is better and cost less ($99). Turn on "home sharing" from AppleTV and iTunes in your computer, it is as good as iPhone dock. You can now also remotely control your AppleTV using your iPhone via your home wifi (app is called "Remote"). This option is very sweet and it works like a sonos system with costing much less.

Besides, you can purchase iTunes Match for $25/year to make use of the cloud and upgrade low-res songs to 256kbps. In my case it works like a charm.
post #11190 of 16550 Old 06-24-2012, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post

AppleTV does the job as well. IMO it is better and cost less ($99). Turn on "home sharing" from AppleTV and iTunes in your computer, it is as good as iPhone dock. You can now also remotely control your AppleTV using your iPhone via your home wifi (app is called "Remote"). This option is very sweet and it works like a sonos system with costing much less.
Besides, you can purchase iTunes Match for $25/year to make use of the cloud and upgrade low-res songs to 256kbps. In my case it works like a charm.

I've had a htpc connected to my various receivers for many years and you can't beat a pc for versatility, although it can be a pain to constantly maintain and update the unit.

I use my htpc to playback all of my digital media including flac, mp3, bdmv, sacd, and dvd-audio.

Even if Anthem were to release an iPod dock, it would be too limited for me.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx500 , Anthem Mrx300 , Anthem Mrx700 , Receivers Amplifiers , Component Amplifiers , 3d Hdtv , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page