Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 415 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12421 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What I am about to say is totally obvious, but try another HDMI source just to make sure the Anthem HDMI works, then you can try what Tigger suggests, but no point in trying a lot of things before you make sure the receiver works properly with other sources.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12422 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike645 View Post

MRX has the latest for sure, not sure about the bell box. Don't think it was that new.
The bell box is the only HDMI source.

Yea, I can't say for sure, but the one thread I found out there seemed to imply the very first ones went out sometime earlier in 2012.

I would make sure the firmware on your TV and the Bell are the latest available.

Any luck forcing everything to a fixed resolution? Again assuming you went with 1080i, if that did not work, try forcing everything to 720i and see what happens.

Please, before you ask a question about...
General Information on the MRX Series:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Technical Information including using ARC:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12423 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

MRX has the latest for sure, not sure about the bell box. Don't think it was that new.
The bell box is the only HDMI source.

You may also want to try swapping in a different HDMI cable.
post #12424 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post

Use Component and the problem will be GONE

There is no component.
post #12425 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_PD View Post

You may also want to try swapping in a different HDMI cable.

Swapped it once but going to try another 6ft cable.
post #12426 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeogeoG View Post

What I am about to say is totally obvious, but try another HDMI source just to make sure the Anthem HDMI works, then you can try what Tigger suggests, but no point in trying a lot of things before you make sure the receiver works properly with other sources.

Used a HTPC and it was fine. Thanks.
post #12427 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger! View Post

Yea, I can't say for sure, but the one thread I found out there seemed to imply the very first ones went out sometime earlier in 2012.
I would make sure the firmware on your TV and the Bell are the latest available.
Any luck forcing everything to a fixed resolution? Again assuming you went with 1080i, if that did not work, try forcing everything to 720i and see what happens.

When he's done work he'll give everything suggested that we haven't tried a go. I believe you cannot set the resolution on the bell box. It's automatic. We tried all the resolutions on the MRX.
post #12428 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeogeoG View Post

+1 Always a good idea
Quote:

Used a HTPC and it was fine. Thanks.

I assume you tried it on the same source input on the MRX as the Bell. Otherwise try the HTPC on the same source input on the MRX. You can also try a different source input on the MRX for the Bell.

Also, I'm sure we are all assuming the MRX to TV appears to be working fine as does the Bell directly to the TV?

And lastly you can try a different source input on the TV. Theser of course are probably all long shots... unless there is a cold solder joint on one of the source inputs or something that only shows up intermittently. Also, gain, make sure there is no pressure in any direction on any of the HDMI connectors.

post #12429 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

+1 Always a good idea
I assume you tried it on the same source input on the MRX as the Bell. Otherwise try the HTPC on the same source input on the MRX. You can also try a different source input on the MRX for the Bell.
Also, I'm sure we are all assuming the MRX to TV appears to be working fine as does the Bell directly to the TV?

I think we did swap around the inputs and different source assignments but will try again. The HTPC works fine to the TV and the Bell box works fine directly to the TV.

He does have a D2v and I a D2 so we are familiar with Anthem setups. This is a basement setup for stereo only right now.
post #12430 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm posting for a friend who just got a MRX 300 and is having a problem getting video from a bell 6400 box. Connected via HDMI and we are getting audio but no video. Anthem is saying the 6400 is not HDCP compliant and bell is saying it is. Anybody get this to work?

One other thought... and maybe someone with more industry knowledge can correct me. I think HDCP is not enforced for low resolution outputs such as 480i and traditional Analog A/V ouptuts. And I believe you can tell the MRX to force such a low resolution. Perhaps the Bell as well? Though I have to admit, I've never tried forcing that low a resolution on my MRX.

Also this would depend on the source (the Bell) not to require the HDCP on the lower resolutions.

It would be interesting to know if 480i works though.

post #12431 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

One other thought... and maybe someone with more industry knowledge can correct me. I think HDCP is not enforced for low resolution outputs such as 480i and traditional Analog A/V ouptuts. And I believe you can tell the MRX to force such a low resolution. Perhaps the Bell as well? Though I have to admit, I've never tried forcing that low a resolution on my MRX.
Also this would depend on the source (the Bell) not to require the HDCP on the lower resolutions.
It would be interesting to know if 480i works though.

Can't force the bell, it's all automatic and no setup. Don't think we tried that low a resolution on the MRX but will give it a go.
post #12432 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 05:06 PM

Liked: 10
Hello everyone, I'd like to thank everyone for helping me out. Shrike645, thanks for getting me going until I could join.
I am having a problem with the video from the MRX300 and the Bell 6400. There have been so many suggestion, I believe I have tried them all to no avail.
Testing consists of a Bell 6400 receiver, an Anthem MRX300 and a low end LG LED/LCD TV.
I am using 2 - 6 ft hdmi cables, one between each unit. Cables have been swapped so that each has been tried in each place.
Both cables have been tested going from the Bell 6400 direct to the TV and the video is fine.
No DVI converters in the set-up.
No other hdmi connections. The MRX has the latest firmware, Bell 6400 update automatically, there is no manual update. I don't see that the TV can be updated.
I have tried every hdmi input on the MRX and every hdmi input on the TV from the MRX.
I have tried various output resolutions on the Bell 6400, 480i, 480p, 720p & 1080i with matching output configuration on the MRX except for the following:
The MRX does not make 480i a valid output configuration, presumably because the TV can't do it. I have also tried pass though.
In every case the MRX 'info' button reports the Audio is DD5.1 and the Video is 1080i or what ever resolution I set the Bell box to.
The results are always the same, audio works fine, the video does not.
The MRX is seeing the video input as it tracks the change in resolution on the front display as I change it on the Bell Box.
It is also blocking the video because the on screen Set-up menu will not display. If I do nothing else but pull the HDMI cable from the Bell 6400 the on screen set-up menu will appear.

Also tested: HTPC hdmi works fine on any hdmi input to the MRX.
Not surprising the MRX will do the analog video out of the Bell 6400. I'm guessing because there is no HDCP in that connection.
I have reported the issue to Anthem support but I still need to update them will all these results.
Once again thank you every for your support and please any suggestion is a good suggestion at this point.
post #12433 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRFan View Post

Hello everyone, I'd like to thank everyone for helping me out. Shrike645, thanks for getting me going until I could join.
I am having a problem with the video from the MRX300 and the Bell 6400. There have been so many suggestion, I believe I have tried them all to no avail.
Testing consists of a Bell 6400 receiver, an Anthem MRX300 and a low end LG LED/LCD TV.
I am using 2 - 6 ft hdmi cables, one between each unit. Cables have been swapped so that each has been tried in each place.
Both cables have been tested going from the Bell 6400 direct to the TV and the video is fine.
No DVI converters in the set-up.
No other hdmi connections. The MRX has the latest firmware, Bell 6400 update automatically, there is no manual update. I don't see that the TV can be updated.
I have tried every hdmi input on the MRX and every hdmi input on the TV from the MRX.
I have tried various output resolutions on the Bell 6400, 480i, 480p, 720p & 1080i with matching output configuration on the MRX except for the following:
The MRX does not make 480i a valid output configuration, presumably because the TV can't do it. I have also tried pass though.
In every case the MRX 'info' button reports the Audio is DD5.1 and the Video is 1080i or what ever resolution I set the Bell box to.
The results are always the same, audio works fine, the video does not.
The MRX is seeing the video input as it tracks the change in resolution on the front display as I change it on the Bell Box.
It is also blocking the video because the on screen Set-up menu will not display. If I do nothing else but pull the HDMI cable from the Bell 6400 the on screen set-up menu will appear.
Also tested: HTPC hdmi works fine on any hdmi input to the MRX.
Not surprising the MRX will do the analog video out of the Bell 6400. I'm guessing because there is no HDCP in that connection.
I have reported the issue to Anthem support but I still need to update them will all these results.
Once again thank you every for your support and please any suggestion is a good suggestion at this point.

First off... welcome!

How old and what model is the TV? I'm a bit more suspicious of the TV. The Bell is a realtively new box, from what I can gather on the web (seems to be very little out there on it). So I highly doubt it does not have HDCP capability since it is designed specifically to deliver High Def programming. Though being a new model it could be buggy or implemented wrong. We all know the MRX seems to handle these things correctly otherwise lots of us would be going crazy trying to watch protected high def content.

The fact that you seem to lose picture when going to the TV with the Bell connected is interesting. I assume that if you change sources on the MRX (with the Bell still turned on and connected) you get the onscreen menu? Does audio get passed to the TV if you set the MRX to 'Audio/Video Seup and Pressets --> HDMI Audio Out' AVR+TV? Or even just TV?

post #12434 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 1401
So I got my MRX 300 today, had an old usb-serial adapter I hoped would work. It updated the firmware just fine, but ARC cant seem to find the receiver, even under the same settings.

I'd hate to have to spend another $30 on another usb-serial adapter, is there a particular setting or combination of settings that ARC/MRX is looking for?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #12435 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 08:14 PM

The TV is relatively new. LG 47LV4400. I remember seeing a manufacture date on a sticker on the back. I'd have to take it off the wall to check but I believe it is less than a year old.
Yes in order to configure anything I would have to go to another input to see the menu. I believe I tried all 3 settings for audio out but I want to verify the results so I will pick that up tomorrow.
You bring up an interesting idea. I need to get another hdmi HDCP monitor and see if the results are any different. Hmmm. I'll have to think about that one. Stay tuned.
post #12436 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRFan View Post

The TV is relatively new. LG 47LV4400. I remember seeing a manufacture date on a sticker on the back. I'd have to take it off the wall to check but I believe it is less than a year old.
Yes in order to configure anything I would have to go to another input to see the menu. I believe I tried all 3 settings for audio out but I want to verify the results so I will pick that up tomorrow.
You bring up an interesting idea. I need to get another hdmi HDCP monitor and see if the results are any different. Hmmm. I'll have to think about that one. Stay tuned.

Hummmm... if it is a new TV, that doesn't sound as likely... I was somehow thinking it was a really old TV frown.gif

post #12437 of 16595 Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM

Liked: 11
Sorry if this has already been explained but the Anthem thread is huge and I have not found the answer to this. Why does the volume get considerably louder on my Anthem MRX300 when I turn off the sub. For example, I have my sony PS3 hooked up to my MRX via HDMI 1. On BDP input I have the audio configured for Movie (5.1) with ARC run for all 5 speakers. On CD input the audio comes over the same HDMI input but I have that input configured for music and only ran ARC for my two front mains (Kef Ref 3.2's) no sub enabled and the fronts are set to large so no crossover enabled. When I listen to music on CD input, the sound is much louder than if I listen on BDP input. After playing around, I noticed that if I turn Sub off in Movie mode, then the sound gets louder so I did an experiment. I set Movie mode for 2 fronts and sub, and music mode for two fronts no sub. I set the gain on the sub so it matched the output level of the mains. After running arc for movie mode (2 fronts + sub) and then for music mode (2 fronts) I checked the levels for all 3 speakers. All are set to (0) by arc. Dolby volume is off on both. Playing music over BDP input is quieter than over CD input. If i switch on the sub on CD input volume goes down and vice versa on BDP input. Why does this happen? I can not get the sound to be as loud and dynamic with sub on. I am using outboard amps. Nothing is powered by anthem.

Mike

here is a thread I started which includes some ARC screen shots and more info/

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1431980/mrx-300-volume-difference-with-sub-on-or-off#post_22454077
post #12438 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilippello View Post

Sorry if this has already been explained but the Anthem thread is huge and I have not found the answer to this. Why does the volume get considerably louder on my Anthem MRX300 when I turn off the sub. For example, I have my sony PS3 hooked up to my MRX via HDMI 1. On BDP input I have the audio configured for Movie (5.1) with ARC run for all 5 speakers. On CD input the audio comes over the same HDMI input but I have that input configured for music and only ran ARC for my two front mains (Kef Ref 3.2's) no sub enabled and the fronts are set to large so no crossover enabled. When I listen to music on CD input, the sound is much louder than if I listen on BDP input. After playing around, I noticed that if I turn Sub off in Movie mode, then the sound gets louder so I did an experiment. I set Movie mode for 2 fronts and sub, and music mode for two fronts no sub. I set the gain on the sub so it matched the output level of the mains. After running arc for movie mode (2 fronts + sub) and then for music mode (2 fronts) I checked the levels for all 3 speakers. All are set to (0) by arc. Dolby volume is off on both. Playing music over BDP input is quieter than over CD input. If i switch on the sub on CD input volume goes down and vice versa on BDP input. Why does this happen? I can not get the sound to be as loud and dynamic with sub on. I am using outboard amps. Nothing is powered by anthem.
Mike
here is a thread I started which includes some ARC screen shots and more info/
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1431980/mrx-300-volume-difference-with-sub-on-or-off#post_22454077

Responses are in the thread you started.

post #12439 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

So I got my MRX 300 today, had an old usb-serial adapter I hoped would work. It updated the firmware just fine, but ARC cant seem to find the receiver, even under the same settings.
I'd hate to have to spend another $30 on another usb-serial adapter, is there a particular setting or combination of settings that ARC/MRX is looking for?

Its a mic issue. I had the same problem and I called Anthem and they sent an email of steps to follow to make sure the ARC mic was the default on the computer. Once I did that, it worked fine. Let me guess, Windows 7??
post #12440 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

No, windows xp, mic is setup as default. It says it fails to find the Anthem processor, yet it uploaded the firmware 100% fine. I've tested the mic and it worked fine in REW. Using latest version of ARC installed over the CD version.

I'm gonna try it on another laptop tonight , but I've got the keyspan on order.

post #12441 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Responses are in the thread you started.

Thanks. It was moving slow so I reposted here as probably more people look here smile.gif
post #12442 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 31
My MRX700 has always had HDMI issues with my Panasonic DMP-BD80 blu-ray player, where my Panasonic TCP-54V10 plasma display would flicker and wouldn’t show a picture, depending on what kind of signal was being displayed. A 1080p/24 signal always worked during playback, but it wouldn’t work when the player was stopped and the home screen was showing. I found setting the MRX700 video output configuration to the 480p resolution got around this, and 1080p/24 playback would override this resolution during playback.

My DMP-BD80 died this week after three years of use, and I replaced it with a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 blu-ray player, which has led to an interesting discovery that might help others. The new player has a setting named HDMI Color Mode, which allows me to choose between the default YbCbCr (4:4:4) and YbCbCr (4:2:2) output. After setting the output to 4:2:2, the home screen of the player can be displayed properly at 1080p.

This is all good except that support for 4:4:4 color is a feature of the higher end Panasonic Plasma displays that I wanted and paid for. The player processes the blu-ray picture to reduce banding in the image when 4:4:4 is output. What I want is the MRX700 receiver to pass through the signal coming out of my blu-ray player, including any deep colour and x.v.color information. I’m not certain this is happening because my plasma panel on screen display doesn’t show if 4:4:4 color is being sent from the receiver.

I’m considering upgrading to the Panasonic DMP-BDT500 blu-ray player to get dual HDMI outputs, which will allow me to run a cable directly to the plasma panel by-passing the receiver entirely. This is an extra cost and added complexity that I wished to avoid, but Panasonic and Anthem are not playing nice together, and I want my equipment to operate at their full capability without compromises.
post #12443 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbfleming View Post

My MRX700 has always had HDMI issues with my Panasonic DMP-BD80 blu-ray player, where my Panasonic TCP-54V10 plasma display would flicker and wouldn’t show a picture, depending on what kind of signal was being displayed. A 1080p/24 signal always worked during playback, but it wouldn’t work when the player was stopped and the home screen was showing. I found setting the MRX700 video output configuration to the 480p resolution got around this, and 1080p/24 playback would override this resolution during playback.

My DMP-BD80 died this week after three years of use, and I replaced it with a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 blu-ray player, which has led to an interesting discovery that might help others. The new player has a setting named HDMI Color Mode, which allows me to choose between the default YbCbCr (4:4:4) and YbCbCr (4:2:2) output. After setting the output to 4:2:2, the home screen of the player can be displayed properly at 1080p.

This is all good except that support for 4:4:4 color is a feature of the higher end Panasonic Plasma displays that I wanted and paid for. The player processes the blu-ray picture to reduce banding in the image when 4:4:4 is output. What I want is the MRX700 receiver to pass through the signal coming out of my blu-ray player, including any deep colour and x.v.color information. I’m not certain this is happening because my plasma panel on screen display doesn’t show if 4:4:4 color is being sent from the receiver.

I’m considering upgrading to the Panasonic DMP-BDT500 blu-ray player to get dual HDMI outputs, which will allow me to run a cable directly to the plasma panel by-passing the receiver entirely. This is an extra cost and added complexity that I wished to avoid, but Panasonic and Anthem are not playing nice together, and I want my equipment to operate at their full capability without compromises.
I'm upgrading my BDT220 to the 500, looks like a nice player all around....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

post #12444 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Have you had any HDMI issues with the BDT220?
post #12445 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Is there a quick way to change the amount of volume leveling Dolby volume does? The button seems to only enable/disable it, the setting to change the amount of leveling is buried deep in the menus.

post #12446 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

My understanding is that 4:2:2 is the native colour mode on bluray so if it works you're good to go. My calibrator suggested this and that's what I use.
John

Jayray
Read the FAQs
post #12447 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The MRX offers a "Through" mode which should completely pass the video without any processesing from the MRX. If you were on really old firmware, there was bug where video was getting processed but Anthem fixed that a long time ago. Fixing the bug of course led to a number of people complayinging that the OSD Volume no longer worked when they used "Through" mode... which of course was/is to be expected as the MRX obviously is not able add the OSD overlay without processing the signal! biggrin.gif

post #12448 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

My understanding is that 4:2:2 is the native colour mode on bluray so if it works you're good to go. My calibrator suggested this and that's what I use.
John

It seems there's more to it than that:
Quote:
http://forum.bigpicturebigsound.com/sources-blu-ray-players-dvd-players-set-top-boxes-etc/1779-what-36-bit-deep-color.html

First a small comment about units - "36-bit color support" translates to 12-bit color. Huh? Yes, it's true. They're the same thing. 12-bit color encoding times three channels (red, green and blue) means you have "36-bit color support." So really it's just two different ways of referring to the same measurement. For our purposes, let's refer to "36-bit color support" as 12-bit color, for comparison purposes (and because this is the standard way of referring to color encoding).

DeepColor support (available in HDMI 1.3 and above) allows the HDMI spec to support 10-bit, 12-bit and 16-bit color precision. And while it's true that Blu-ray Discs only support 8-bit color encoding (using 4:2:0 chroma subsampling), this doesn't mean that enhanced color precision available in DeepColor is complete marketing hype. Some Blu-ray players with DeepColor support can "upsample" the 8-bit color palate to 10, 12 or 16 bits in order to interpolate intermediate colors between the color values encoded on the disc. This can help to produce smoother color transitions (with no "banding") when such upconverted material is displayed on a DeepColor-compatible display device.

Another way that players and displays can support enhanced color precision is by compensating for color encoding errors that happen as a result of Blu-ray's chroma subsampling scheme. The Blu-ray format itself uses "4:2:0 chroma subsampling." This means that while Black and White data (aka brightness or luma) is stored for each and every one of the 1920x1080 pixels, the color data is only stored for half the pixels vertically and horizontally. So for every block of 4 pixels on the screen, luma data is stored for all 4 pixels while color data is stored once for that 4-pixel block. Because the human eye is much more sensitive to brightness and line detail than to color detail, the additional color data that is discarded is not generally noticeable at normal viewing distances.

But a "clever" Blu-ray player (like the Panasonic BD60/BD80, for example with its Uniphier processor as well as some Pioneer players) can analyze the 4:2:0-encoded signal and then interpolate the missing color data, outputting a 4:4:4 output, with color detail accompanying every single pixel. The primary benefit of this is better gradations of color across thes screen and cleaner edges along colored borders. Typically this kind of thing is only visible in large screen sizes (50 inches and up). But in order to see the benefits of this 4:4:4 color processing, the display must also support a 4:4:4 input. Not all displays support this.

And although having "DeepColor" support with 36-bit color (aka 12-bit color) does not always mean that a display will also support a 4:4:4 color input, you do frequently see both specs on higher end displays. In the 2009 Panasonic display line, for example, only the V10 and Z1 series support 4:4:4 color inputs, while others in the line also support DeepColor.

To make matters even more confusing, there is another color spec called "x.v.color" or xvYCC which you'll also find listed as a spec on many players and displays. This is not the same thing as DeepColor. While DeepColor allows you to map gradations of color with more precision, xvYCC allows you to map colors in a greater range - e.g., "redder reds" or "deeper indigos." xvYCC color is something that you can find on some HD camcorders. Using xvYCC color, these camcorders can actually extend the range of colors available about 1.8x over standard RGB color ranges.

Like DeepColor, xvYCC is not available on Blu-ray but it is something you can do yourself for your own home movies, with the proper camcorder, a DVD or Blu-ray burner, and with a Blu-ray player and display device that support xvYCC color.

So, bottom line is that DeepColor with support for color samples over 8 bits and xvYCC color are things that you will not find on Blu-ray Discs, but are useful features to have anyway, on both the player and the display if you're interested in getting the highest quality image.

Hope that helps.

-Chris
Chris Boylan
Editor in Chief
Big Picture Big Sound
post #12449 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The MRX offers a "Through" mode which should completely pass the video without any processesing from the MRX. If you were on really old firmware, there was bug where video was getting processed but Anthem fixed that a long time ago. Fixing the bug of course led to a number of people complayinging that the OSD Volume no longer worked when they used "Through" mode... which of course was/is to be expected as the MRX obviously is not able add the OSD overlay without processing the signal! biggrin.gif

I don't believe the "through" output setting works properly, because my plasma panel can't lock onto any signal before 1080p/24 playback starts for the main title of the movie. If I set the colour output mode to 4:2:2 then "through" works properly. Something is not right with the Anthem receiver, because I didn't have this problem with the Pioneer Elite receiver it replaced.

I connected my old blu-ray player to a Samsung TV with HDMI, and the playback information window on the player indicates 4:2:2 is being output. Without changing any settings, I plug the same player directly into my Panasonic plasma panel, and the colour output changes automatically to 4:4:4. There is no setting to control or force this color output on my old player, the setting in automatic. With my new player I was able to force 4:2:2 which changes the behavior of the MRX receiver.
post #12450 of 16595 Old 10-03-2012, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't believe the "through" output setting works properly, because my plasma panel can't lock onto any signal before 1080p/24 playback starts for the main title of the movie. If I set the colour output mode to 4:2:2 then "through" works properly. Something is not right with the Anthem receiver, because I didn't have this problem with the Pioneer Elite receiver it replaced.
I connected my old blu-ray player to a Samsung TV with HDMI, and the playback information window on the player indicates 4:2:2 is being output. Without changing any settings, I plug the same player directly into my Panasonic plasma panel, and the colour output changes automatically to 4:4:4. There is no setting to control or force this color output on my old player, the setting in automatic. With my new player I was able to force 4:2:2 which changes the behavior of the MRX receiver.

And if you play your old BluRay player through the MRX on the new Panasonic, do you get 4:2:2 or do you get 4:4:4?

I would report all of your findings back to Anthem and see what they say.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx500 , Anthem Mrx300 , Anthem Mrx700 , Receivers Amplifiers , Component Amplifiers , 3d Hdtv , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread - Mrx500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page