Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 553 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #16561 of 16568 Old 08-27-2014, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytowner View Post
Hello, I am experiencing some issues with my MRX 500. When watching TV for instance the receiver will suddenly continually switch from 1080 to 480, making it impossible to watch the program. It does this for a few minutes,I power the unit off and sometimes it fixes it and other times it does not. It seems to be an intermittant problem, I had it set to Auto and changed to throughput but it still does it?

I am by no means an expert and am learing as I go so any input/help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Maybe a bad cable or connection?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16562 of 16568 Old 08-27-2014, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelwright View Post
Maybe a bad cable or connection?
Connection is HDMI, wouldn't a bad cable result in no signal and not the constant switching between signals?
post #16563 of 16568 Old 08-27-2014, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Nope. People love to talk about ones and zeros making it or not but that simply isn't always true. HDMI handshake issues can be caused by cables. A few people have solved their issues by replacing cables. I myself made my issues worse when I introduced a Sony S790 into the mix with video going to the TV for HDMI 1 and Audio going to the MRX on HDMI 2. I deal with it though and after it resolves itself everything works fine but sometimes the TV flashes like 10 times before it looks on. Didn't do it with my S550.
post #16564 of 16568 Old 08-27-2014, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytowner View Post
Hello, I am experiencing some issues with my MRX 500. When watching TV for instance the receiver will suddenly continually switch from 1080 to 480, making it impossible to watch the program. It does this for a few minutes,I power the unit off and sometimes it fixes it and other times it does not. It seems to be an intermittant problem, I had it set to Auto and changed to throughput but it still does it?

I am by no means an expert and am learing as I go so any input/help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Is your cable box set to output 1080p for all content or auto? I'm asking because if the station output say a commercial in 480p and then the show in 1080 you'll get the behavior you're describing. You'll also get this if some channels output 1080 and others 480 or 720. Take a look at the front of the box and see if different channels output different formats/

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #16565 of 16568 Old 08-28-2014, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with my arc

Hi folks, I will thank some welp with my graphics.
My system is:
MRX-500
Frontal: Sonus Faber Concerto Domus
Center: Sonus FaberToy Center
Rear: B&W 686
SW: B&W 608
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	233193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	307.0 KB
ID:	233201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	233225  

Last edited by macario12; 08-28-2014 at 06:47 AM.
post #16566 of 16568 Old 08-28-2014, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by macario12 View Post
Hi folks, I will thank some welp with my graphics.
My system is:
MRX-500
Frontal: Sonus Faber Concerto Domus
Center: Sonus FaberToy Center
Rear: B&W 686
SW: B&W 608
Hi, Everything looks pretty good except your sub chart. Your sub is rolling off around 50Hz and based on it's specs it should play down to around 30Hz or so before rolling off.

In the Target Customizations window click "Advanced" and change the "Subwoofer High pass Order" to Flat. Also make sure on the back of your sub the "Low-pass filter switch" is set to Out. For the EQ and Bass Extension switches on your sub you'll have to play with these to get the best performance. Changes to these and the Low pass Filter switch will really effect how low your sub goes,

You manual says this about the EQ and Bass Extension switches:
Quote:
"The BASS EXTENSION switch offers three options of subwoofer bass extension. Position A gives the greatest extension and position C gives the least extension. Position B provides a compromise setting. If the system is to be used at very high volume levels or in a large listening room, restricting the bass extension by selecting either B or C may help ensure that the subwoofer is not asked to exceed its performance limits. In most situations the BASS EXTENSION switch should be left in position A. The EQ switch alters the subwoofer bass roll-off alignment. The bass you hear is a combination of the subwoofer plus the effects of the room and you should choose the position that best complements your room and the location of the subwoofer. Position A gives a drier” alignment, more suited to placing the subwoofer in a corner or compensating for a resonant room. Position B is suited to a less resonant room acoustic and use away from a corner."
I like extension so I'd go with "A" on the Bass Extension switch.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #16567 of 16568 Old 08-30-2014, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks Legairre, I have change all that you said.

Is there any way to check these changes? Because if I do the measures again, I lose the advanced settings.

Regards
post #16568 of 16568 Old 08-30-2014, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which Dolby Volume settings do you guys recommend?

I would like to reduce, if possible, the difference in sound levels between normal TV watching and commercials.

Also, in my appartment I need to keep loud movie noises down a bit too.

But, it shouldn't be too noticeable (the Dolby Volume changes in volume level).

Thanks,

/Martin
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx500 , Anthem Mrx300 , Anthem Mrx700 , Receivers Amplifiers , Component Amplifiers , 3d Hdtv , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread - Mrx500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page