Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 557 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I haven't ran arc yet because I can't get the sub to work. I checked the settings and all the speakers are set to small, 80hz, and I went back to bitstream. All of the speakers work, except for the sub. The sub is a SVS SB13-Plus with a STA-1000D amp. I checked the manual and there's nothing about a fuse. Anyone have any ideas to make the sub work? I have it set to auto on and the level input is set to normal.
Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensmith48 View Post
I haven't ran arc yet because I can't get the sub to work. I checked the settings and all the speakers are set to small, 80hz, and I went back to bitstream. All of the speakers work, except for the sub. The sub is a SVS SB13-Plus with a STA-1000D amp. I checked the manual and there's nothing about a fuse. Anyone have any ideas to make the sub work? I have it set to auto on and the level input is set to normal.
Ken
Couple of things...
1) turn the sub from auto to ''ON"
2) check the sub trim in the MRX menu,make
Sure it is not turned down. Example.....-12...
Perhaps bump it to 0 or even +5.
3) I recently received a bad sub from SVS. As a final
Check they had me plug my iPod (with mini jack to rca)
Into the sub, turn the volume up on the sub and the
Device and check the sub for output.

Alternatively you could hook the sub jack into the MRX
Pre out for say the left speaker and test. Don't forget to
Turn the sub xover on the back to its highest value!

If you can't get any output from either of the above
Scenarios your sub could be bad. Let me know plz.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

It looks like it might be something wrong with the MRX500. In the Anthem menu it says the sub is on (highlighted) but the word subwoofer isn't. Seems like the sub channel is bad. I think I'll contact Anthem Tech support and see what they say.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey all.

I'm looking at some Paradigm Monitor 11 or possibly the Monitor 9's along with a Center 3 (which comes free). I also have my eye on an Anthem MRX-500. Does ARC work well with a 3.0 system or is it mainly intended for 5.1 or higher systems. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevman View Post
Hey all.

I'm looking at some Paradigm Monitor 11 or possibly the Monitor 9's along with a Center 3 (which comes free). I also have my eye on an Anthem MRX-500. Does ARC work well with a 3.0 system or is it mainly intended for 5.1 or higher systems. Thanks.
It will work just fine with a 3.0 system. If you are
Going to do movies you should seriously think
About adding a quality powered subwoofer into
The mix...the sub will make your movies much
More 'fun'! (Works well with music too)

Nice Speakers!
(Former Paradigm Monitor 11 owner)
teevman likes this.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in Ontario too.. looking for a job at Christushealth.. I've wondered what Texas is like.. .

I've also intercepted the sub in transit to do some local testing..
Old 12-04-2014, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasdfes View Post
I'm in Ontario too.. looking for a job at Christushealth.. I've wondered what Texas is like.. .

I've also intercepted the sub in transit to do some local testing..
Huh??
Old 12-05-2014, 04:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
ARC doesn't adjust the Bass control and it won't mess with your ARC setup.
Thanks for confirming this.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
teevman,

i have the monitor 7s7 and center3 with mrx300. i love the sound. Love the ARC. Go get the monitor 11.

Quote:
Hey all.

teevman likes this.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

It took some time and testing but I finally got the sub and speakers to work. I e-mailed Anthem & SVS subs and between the 2 of them I got everything working. Thanks for the suggestions on AVS also.

Ken
Old 12-05-2014, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan338 View Post
teevman,

i have the monitor 7s7 and center3 with mrx300. i love the sound. Love the ARC. Go get the monitor 11.
So how did you find Arc, was it difficult to run/setup, does the serial to usb convertor cause any problems? I would be using a laptop with windows 7.

Have another question about ARC. When you run the program (from what I have read) it shows the results of the sounds it emits on a graph. Then it sets the speaker levels etc to where they should be but after this is done does the program actually re-run the program with test sounds to verify the new settings actually work or is it just up to your ears to hear the difference. I'm kind of confused on this.

Last edited by teevman; 12-05-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I was using a denon 1910 (audyssey only) then upgraded to mrx300. I really like what arc did to my speakers, the sound is much more alive. Im using a really old macbook(2006 lol) with windows xp. I did not encounter any problems running arc. I bought this one http://www.tripplite.com/high-speed-...yspan~USA19HS/

Quote:
So how did you find Arc, was it difficult to run/setup, does the serial to usb convertor cause any problems? I would be using a laptop with windows 7.

Have another question about ARC. When you run the program (from what I have read) it shows the results of the sounds it emits on a graph. Then it sets the speaker levels etc to where they should be but after this is done does the program actually re-run the program with test sounds to verify the new settings actually work or is it just up to your ears to hear the difference. I'm kind of confused on this.
teevman likes this.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It took some time and testing but I finally got the sub and speakers to work. I e-mailed Anthem & SVS subs and between the 2 of them I got everything working. Thanks for the suggestions on AVS also.

Ken
If you don't mind...what was the issue(s)?
Just curious.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Since I rearranged the room I needed to use a different sub cable. I have a plastic tub full of cables. Turned out the one I picked was bad. I used an ohm meter to figure it out.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Since I rearranged the room I needed to use a different sub cable. I have a plastic tub full of cables. Turned out the one I picked was bad. I used an ohm meter to figure it out.
Thanks for the reply. Glad it was something
Simple. Hope you enjoy your MRX.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Wondering if anyone could help me. I just added an amp and centre channel to my home theatre and need to re run arc. I own a mac, so i have to borrow a windows laptop. Im using a keyspan adapter and i installed everything onto this borrowed laptop, and doesn't matter what i try it keeps saying Cant find processor. So for some reason I'm having problems with the key span. any suggestions?
Old 12-13-2014, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostility View Post
Wondering if anyone could help me. I just added an amp and centre channel to my home theatre and need to re run arc. I own a mac, so i have to borrow a windows laptop. Im using a keyspan adapter and i installed everything onto this borrowed laptop, and doesn't matter what i try it keeps saying Cant find processor. So for some reason I'm having problems with the key span. any suggestions?
Just guessing...did you download the drivers
For the Keyspan onto the borrowed laptop?

Try different USB ports too. There is more info
In this thread...buried somewhere. Try a search??
Old 12-13-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
Just guessing...did you download the drivers
For the Keyspan onto the borrowed laptop?

Try different USB ports too. There is more info
In this thread...buried somewhere. Try a search??
I downloaded the drivers off the cd, and off the website. I tried all 3 USB ports and still same results. I tried google search into this thread but didn't come up with much. And this thread is so big for page by page lol.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Which version of Windows...just curious.

I used windows XP (company computer)
And it worked great. Had to turn in the computer.
Luckily, I haven't had to run ARC in a couple
Of years and frankly I'm scared to try.

Buried in this thread are some USB port settings
(Baud rate) that can be adjusted?

Are you using the orignal CD software the came
With the MRX?
Old 12-13-2014, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I downloaded the drivers off the cd, and off the website. I tried all 3 USB ports and still same results. I tried google search into this thread but didn't come up with much. And this thread is so big for page by page lol.
When I ran ARC on the XP laptop I actually
Used a "Dynex" USB to serial cable.
(Very cheap brand found at Best Buy for $9)

I didn't buy the Keyspan until after I turned in
The XP. Never used it though.

Sorry to get off track.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
I don't remember all the specific steps on top of my head, but after you plug in the keyspan, you need to either find where it installed and finish the installation process, or update the driver it's plugged in. I remember having the same issue when I re installed everything on my htpc.

I know it's not much of an explanation but it's where I would start.

cheers
Old 12-14-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jproy13 View Post
I don't remember all the specific steps on top of my head, but after you plug in the keyspan, you need to either find where it installed and finish the installation process, or update the driver it's plugged in. I remember having the same issue when I re installed everything on my htpc.

I know it's not much of an explanation but it's where I would start.

cheers

what do you mean finish the installation process? And the computer is a HP with windows 7. Maybe its not compatible with windows 7?
Old 12-14-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
what do you mean finish the installation process? And the computer is a HP with windows 7. Maybe its not compatible with windows 7?

Found this on the internet:

Pioneer & Historical Society, Ken Carter, who had some fun with the ARC system. Here’s his running commentary:
“I used a desktop computer running Windows 7 that has serial ports, but I thought I would try using the USB adapter as a test.

Tripp-Lite Keyspan USA-19HS USB Serial Adapter: -Ensure that you install the hardware driver using the provided CD (or a new downloaded version) before connecting the adapter to the computer.
-after installation of the driver and connection to the computer, check the COM port settings for conflicts
-click on the START button (bottom left corner); -click on CONTROL PANEL; -click on the SYSTEM icon; -click on DEVICE MANAGER
-looking at the list, click on PORTS (COM& LPT); -my Keyspan USB adapter came up as COM3 and I already had a COM3 (you can only have 1 of each device (only 1 COM1, only 1 COM2, etc.), so I disabled all the other COM ports except for the Keyspan adapter by right-clicking on each device on the list and selecting disable.
-this resolved the communication error I was receiving try to locate the Anthem processor.
-if you double click on the Keyspan device and then the Port Settings tab, you can change the “Bits per Second” to match the Anthem settings under Setup (I went with the fastest setting, 115,200)
-under the Advanced button, you can also change the COM# if necessary. The ARC software ran well and uploaded to the receiver fine and was very easy to use. I used a 25′ 9 pin “straight thru” serial cable with a BD9 female connector at one end and a DB9 male connector at the other end to reach my desktop computer. I did not use any other USB cable to extend the Keystone adapter as USB has issues with long cables.

If still having communication issues, one could try disconnecting all other USB devices except for keyboard, mouse and the Anthem microphone.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a PDF file if you run into trouble with the Mic.
4AlexF likes this.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The connections to the keyspan and mic are all very loose. please check that all connections are snug. very easily dislodged.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
Found this on the internet:

Pioneer & Historical Society, Ken Carter, who had some fun with the ARC system. Here’s his running commentary:
“I used a desktop computer running Windows 7 that has serial ports, but I thought I would try using the USB adapter as a test.

Tripp-Lite Keyspan USA-19HS USB Serial Adapter: -Ensure that you install the hardware driver using the provided CD (or a new downloaded version) before connecting the adapter to the computer.
-after installation of the driver and connection to the computer, check the COM port settings for conflicts
-click on the START button (bottom left corner); -click on CONTROL PANEL; -click on the SYSTEM icon; -click on DEVICE MANAGER
-looking at the list, click on PORTS (COM& LPT); -my Keyspan USB adapter came up as COM3 and I already had a COM3 (you can only have 1 of each device (only 1 COM1, only 1 COM2, etc.), so I disabled all the other COM ports except for the Keyspan adapter by right-clicking on each device on the list and selecting disable.
-this resolved the communication error I was receiving try to locate the Anthem processor.
-if you double click on the Keyspan device and then the Port Settings tab, you can change the “Bits per Second” to match the Anthem settings under Setup (I went with the fastest setting, 115,200)
-under the Advanced button, you can also change the COM# if necessary. The ARC software ran well and uploaded to the receiver fine and was very easy to use. I used a 25′ 9 pin “straight thru” serial cable with a BD9 female connector at one end and a DB9 male connector at the other end to reach my desktop computer. I did not use any other USB cable to extend the Keystone adapter as USB has issues with long cables.

If still having communication issues, one could try disconnecting all other USB devices except for keyboard, mouse and the Anthem microphone.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a PDF file if you run into trouble with the Mic.

I tried to look to switch coms or bit rate but it won't let me on windows 7. I realized i had the wrong driver installed for it but even with the windows 7 driver it still doesn't work.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Yes it works with Windows 7
Old 12-21-2014, 02:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
MRX-300 - Was able to figure out that on-screen volume level will only display if "Auto" video is selected rather than "pass through" in the menus.....

I have a mits hc6000 projector that has an auto-zoom for my 2.35:1 screen. When zoomed to 2.35, I can just see the word "Volume" on my screen but not the numerical level below it. Does anyone know whether there is any way to display the volume level on a zoomed 2.35 setup?
Old Today, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy It's Christmas and my MRX 700 died

Hi,

My MRx 700 will not stay on. It immediately goes into power protection mode and shuts off. I disconnected all speakers, and it still happens. I opened a contact with Anthem, but I'm sure with the holiday, it will take a bit before they get back to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tags
Anthem Mrx500 , Anthem Mrx300 , Anthem Mrx700 , Receivers Amplifiers , Component Amplifiers , 3d Hdtv , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread - Mrx500 by PriceGrabber.com