Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 559 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #16741 of 16753 Old 01-22-2015, 03:07 AM
Member
 
Francky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Too close to the north pole
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Does anybody know if the microphone cable is a regular mini usb-usb cable or if it is an Anthem proprietary one?

Focal Chorus 816v, CC800, 807V, SVS PB2000, Cambridge 751r, OPPO 103D, MRX 500.
Francky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16742 of 16753 Old 01-22-2015, 05:48 AM
Member
 
stsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Regular mini USB.
stsand is offline  
post #16743 of 16753 Old 01-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Member
 
dacaesar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No 3d passthrough

Hi,

I'm just trying 3d for the first time through my MRX 700. My Epson 5030 UB doesn't recognize the 3d signal when using the Anthem. It does, when going straight through the projector. I am on 50.25 firmware, which I believe is the latest and greatest.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dave
dacaesar is offline  
post #16744 of 16753 Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Member
 
squid48072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: berkley michigan
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
ARC Results

Hi All
Here my ARC results: Can I do better


Room = 12x18


Speakers=Salk Songtowers (Ribbon Tweeter)
Center = Salk Songcenter (Not Ribbon)
Surrounds = M&K 550THX
Surround Backs =M&K 550THX


SPEAKER CONFIG
Front Left = +6
Center = +5
Front Right = +6
Surround Right = +9
Surround Left = +9
Aux Right = + 9
Aux Left = +9
Sub = - 9


GRAPHS








Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arc v1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	502265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arc Capture L_R Front v1.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	502273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arc Capture Center _ Sub v1.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	502281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arc Capture L_R Surrounds v1.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	502289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Arc Capture L_R Rear_Aux v1.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	502297  

squid48072 is offline  
post #16745 of 16753 Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
Member
 
dacaesar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Turn the sub down a bit - perhaps.

[QUOTE=squid48072;31156665]Hi All
Here my ARC results: Can I do better


Room = 12x18


Speakers=Salk Songtowers (Ribbon Tweeter)
Center = Salk Songcenter (Not Ribbon)
Surrounds = M&K 550THX
Surround Backs =M&K 550THX


SPEAKER CONFIG
Front Left = +6
Center = +5
Front Right = +6
Surround Right = +9
Surround Left = +9
Aux Right = + 9
Aux Left = +9
Sub = - 9

I'm no expert, but you should probably turn down the volume on the sub down as the MRX is really correcting a lot by the looks of that -9. Also, everyone says you should shoot for a cutoff on the sub of 120. You're at 100, which isn't bad. I have started with it at 80, but by dragging my SVS Ultra 13 around the room, I can always seem to get it at 120.

Good luck
dacaesar is offline  
post #16746 of 16753 Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Legairre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Yes the gain on the back of your sub is too high. You want the MRX to set the sub between -3 and +3. Also I'm not sure what sub you have, but it's rolling off at around 50Hz. Make sure the crossover on the back of the sub is bypassed/off. If you can't turn the crossover off turn it up as high as it will go. That will make it so high that it has no effect. You only want to use the crossover in the MRX and it looks like your sub's crossover is overriding the MRX crossover and causing you to loose a lot of bass.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

Legairre is offline  
post #16747 of 16753 Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM
Member
 
squid48072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: berkley michigan
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
Yes the gain on the back of your sub is too high. You want the MRX to set the sub between -3 and +3. Also I'm not sure what sub you have, but it's rolling off at around 50Hz. Make sure the crossover on the back of the sub is bypassed/off. If you can't turn the crossover off turn it up as high as it will go. That will make it so high that it has no effect. You only want to use the crossover in the MRX and it looks like your sub's crossover is overriding the MRX crossover and causing you to loose a lot of bass.


I have Paradigm PS-1000. I set the Sub Level at about 25% and the cut-off frequency set all the way to 150hz and the Phase alignment to zero.


What did I do wrong ??
squid48072 is offline  
post #16748 of 16753 Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Legairre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by squid48072 View Post
I have Paradigm PS-1000. I set the Sub Level at about 25% and the cut-off frequency set all the way to 150hz and the Phase alignment to zero.


What did I do wrong ??
25% on some subs is just a bit too high for the gain to get the AVR sub level between -3 and +3. The sub level on the back of the sub is not a level or a volume. It's a gain. You may need to lower it just a very, very small amount to get the AVR between -3 and +3. Yup you have the sub's cut off set up correctly. Looking at your target window ARC by default sets the sub HPF to Auto. Click the ADVANCED button and change the "Subwoofer High pass Order" from Auto to Flat and then re-calculate and see if the sub rolls off lower. If it's lower make sure to upload again. If I'm not mistaken the PS-1000 goes down to around 25Hz.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

Legairre is offline  
post #16749 of 16753 Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM
Member
 
squid48072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: berkley michigan
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
25% on some subs is just a bit too high for the gain to get the AVR sub level between -3 and +3. The sub level on the back of the sub is not a level or a volume. It's a gain. You may need to lower it just a very, very small amount to get the AVR between -3 and +3. Yup you have the sub's cut off set up correctly. Looking at your target window ARC by default sets the sub HPF to Auto. Click the ADVANCED button and change the "Subwoofer High pass Order" from Auto to Flat and then re-calculate and see if the sub rolls off lower. If it's lower make sure to upload again. If I'm not mistaken the PS-1000 goes down to around 25Hz.
Sounds good I was thinking that Level Knob =Volume. I try to lower it and put High Pass Oder to Flat and see what I get .


My other question is why did it set my Surrounds to +9 that seems high to me.
squid48072 is offline  
post #16750 of 16753 Old Today, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Legairre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by squid48072 View Post
Sounds good I was thinking that Level Knob =Volume. I try to lower it and put High Pass Oder to Flat and see what I get .


My other question is why did it set my Surrounds to +9 that seems high to me.
Looking at the numbers it looks like your speakers are pretty far from where your MLP(main listening position) is where the mic was at. ARC is going to set all your speakers to 75dB so the farther the mic is from the speakers the more it has to increase each speakers level to get to 75dB. My theater is 13x24 and my surrounds are 8ft from the MLP and ARC sets mine to +1. It also depends on reflections a lot too.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"


Last edited by Legairre; Today at 06:17 AM.
Legairre is offline  
post #16751 of 16753 Old Today, 06:14 AM
Newbie
 
chris1712's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Considering an MRX700 for my new room, it's a basement so the sound is very hard to get right.

However, does anyone know if it will accept a 'up to' 2160p30 (2160p24 ideally) input? I know it's 1.4a HDMI so technically it should, but want to know if anyone's tried it. I wouldn't want to spend a load of money on a new AVR and be unable to use it once I upgrade to 4k.
chris1712 is offline  
post #16752 of 16753 Old Today, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fatbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 4,024
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1712 View Post
Considering an MRX700 for my new room, it's a basement so the sound is very hard to get right.

However, does anyone know if it will accept a 'up to' 2160p30 (2160p24 ideally) input? I know it's 1.4a HDMI so technically it should, but want to know if anyone's tried it. I wouldn't want to spend a load of money on a new AVR and be unable to use it once I upgrade to 4k.
Contact Anthem

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

 

Jealous of my speakers?

fatbottom is online now  
post #16753 of 16753 Unread Today, 05:09 PM
Newbie
 
ndemw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I'm new in this forum and have some questions to the "experts" knowing the MRX series well.

I own an Anthem MRX 700 and amping my 7.1 HT setup with an Anthem P5 (you never have enough power ;-)) and the 2 back channels with the MRX 700.

Speakers are Klipsch Ref series,
Front RF 7 MK II,
Cent RC 64 MK II
Surr RB 81 MK II
Back RB 81 MK II
Sub SW 115.

Room is approx 6.30 x 5.10 meter (20,7 x 16,7 ft).

I use the system approx 80% for HT and only 20% for 2.1 music listening.

BD player is a modded Oppo 93 with BIG power supply (you never have enough power ;-) ) connected via WireWorld Starlight 6 to the MRX. Using an other WW cable to connect HDMI out to my JVC DLA X7 (modded, you ….)

Music playing using my MBP running iTunes with Audirvana Plus and outputting the USB signal via a HiFace USB/SPDIF converter (with separate power supply, you never have enough well filter power ;-) ) and BNC 75 ohm digi cable to the digi input of the MRX.
Running most times my big collection of redbook 16/44 material with Audirvana upsampling to 24/176 or 24/192.

Qs:

1. Is the DAC in the MRX 710 different and better than the one in the MRX 700 ?

2. Has the video processing and the pass-through in the MRX 710 improved?
(I tested a Yamaha A 3040 last week and despite the sound was different, but not better, …but the HDMI signal through the Yamaha was visually better than through my MRX 700. I have experienced this before and the HDMI signal degration is significant when passed through the MRX 700 (setting through) vs direct connection from my Oppo to the JVC X7.)

3. Has the MRX 710 "sound" as a pre in movie mode (without ARC, I know it should be better on the new model) improved, or is it unchanged compared to 700 ?

Thanks for some feedback.

Manfred
ndemw is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx500 , Anthem Mrx300 , Anthem Mrx700 , Receivers Amplifiers , Component Amplifiers , 3d Hdtv , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread - Mrx500 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off