Anthem MRX Receivers - 300, 500, 700 Owners Thread & Tweaking Guide - Page 97 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2881 of 16568 Old 03-19-2011, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngho View Post

"so far" meaning all of one business day...

True.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 16568 Old 03-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-t View Post

I assume this is for the 700, correct? Did they bench test the 500?

No just the 700.
post #2883 of 16568 Old 03-19-2011, 05:34 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleslie View Post

But that is my frustration: I can't reach Anthem!

Why are you dealing with Anthem? If I had ANY unit (any brand) and it died after only a week, I would be dealing with the local dealer, not the manufacturer. Your dealer should be standing behind it and give you a replacment, in my opinion.
post #2884 of 16568 Old 03-19-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav1 View Post

Hi Folks,

Looking to get a new player and thinking about the new Oppo BDP-95. This player is supposed to have great DACs, however I'm wondering if this is overkill for the MRX? As I understand it the MRX is already suppose to have great DACs so would getting something like this not be worth it? Am I better off with your basic Blu-Ray/CD player and letting the MRX process? If I were to get the Oppo, would I use it's source direct mode so the audio signal wouldn't go through procesing 2x?

Thanks

The BDP-95 would be kind of wasted on the MRX. I intend to get the BDP-93 and just connect via HDMI. The MRX is a digital receiver. Any thing analog is converted to a digital signal, processed, and then converted back to an analog signal for the speaker outputs or the preouts. Using HDMI directly to the MRX saves D/A and A/D processing steps.
post #2885 of 16568 Old 03-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

My issues... sent to Piero @ Anthem

1. 1080p-24 does not appear to be being sent "through" the AVR as pass through... When clicking on resolution button... display says "1080p24". All other tried resolutions including 1080p60 say "through".... Volume control only appears on OSD in 1080p24. when resolution is set to through.
2. Stuttering, frame drops, and lip sync issues appear only at 1080p24
3. Lip Sync function does not appear to be working... even at it highest amount 150ms... the sync does not seem to change.

All of the issues where not a problem with my older AVM 20 (HDMI to TV and Multi Channel audio to AVM20).... nothing else has changed.

As of now 1080p24 content is really unwatchable.

Please let me know if this issue can be resolved... I don't want to get stuck with an AVR I can't use.... like I said earlier... my AVM20 worked perfectly!

I think I have more evidence that the MRX is not passing through video at 1080p-24. If I press the setup button with all other resolutions... the AVR has to switch resolution/display modes in order for the the OSD setup menu to appear... takes about 5-7 seconds. This also happens in reverse order when pressing the setup button turning the menu off. If I press the setup button while in 1080p-24... the setup menu comes almost immediately and does not have to switch anything.... Some thing is up with 1080p24

I also ran HDMI directly to TV at 1080p-24... no stuttering, dropped frames, or lip sync issues.

Just thought you should no and pass this on.

I am sorry that jav1 and sleslie are also having issues with there new MRXs... It sucks when you get so hyped and excited for a new product that it doesn't do what it is supposed to or just simply doesn't work...

My experience with the MRX so far has been not so great... not that it doesn't work, but rather that after all my research and confirmation with dealers and reps from Anthem... I was assured that the MRX300 could do exactly what my older (now sold) AVM20 was already doing perfectly, process audio only... and PASS THROUGH 1080P-24 UNTOUCHED... It doesn't!

Frustrated to say the least, I called and emailed Piero... but unlike others here, he did get back with me.... several times.

I was also pleased with his last email response:

Thanks for the further input, John. I sent the issues reported to engineering and hope to hear back soon.

Piero

No it doesn't fix my problem now... but hopefully there will soon be a fix...

My dealer also offered me a refund if the issue isn't taken care of in a timely manner.

For now, I am able to watch my hundreds of blu ray rips (which worked perfectly with my AVM20) but only at 1080p60. Sure this resolution and frame rate works and is passed "through" the MRX... but any 1080p24 film that has panning or fast motion really looks like crap because of the now very enhanced judder I get on my precious KRP-500.

I too hope hear back from Anthem VERY SOON!

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back.

~ Swearengen
post #2886 of 16568 Old 03-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlgi74 View Post
I am sorry that jav1 and sleslie are also having issues with there new MRXs... It sucks when you get so hyped and excited for a new product that it doesn't do what it is supposed to or just simply doesn't work...

My experience with the MRX so far has been not so great... not that it doesn't work, but rather that after all my research and confirmation with dealers and reps from Anthem... I was assured that the MRX300 would do exactly what my older (now sold) AVM20 was already doing perfectly... PASS THROUGH 1080P-24 UNTOUCHED... It doesn't!
Frustrated to say the least, I called and emailed Piero... but unlike others here, he did get back with me.... several times.

I was also pleased with his last email response:

Thanks for the further input, John. I sent the issues reported to engineering and hope to hear back soon.

Piero

No it doesn't fix my problem now... but hopefully there will soon be a fix...

My dealer also offered me a refund if the issue isn't taken care of in a timely manner.

For now, I am able to watch my hundreds of blu ray rips (which worked perfectly with my AVM20) but only at 1080p60. Sure this resolution and frame rate works and is passed "through" the MRX... but any 1080p24 film that has panning or fast motion really looks like crap because of the now very enhanced judder I get on my precious KRP-500.

I too hope hear back from Anthem VERY SOON!
Since the AVM20 doesn't have HDMI inputs, how exactly were you able to "pass-through 1080p24 untouched" through it?
post #2887 of 16568 Old 03-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTT917 View Post
Since the AVM20 doesn't have HDMI inputs, how exactly were you able to "pass-through 1080p24 untouched" through it?
Only audio was being processed by the AVM20 via Multi Channel inputs... which did not have any affect on the timing of the video... No lip Sync issues.

... but i see your point and will edit my statement. Thanks.

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back.

~ Swearengen
post #2888 of 16568 Old 03-20-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post

No just the 700.

Which issue is the review in?
post #2889 of 16568 Old 03-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

Which issue is the review in?

April-May.
post #2890 of 16568 Old 03-20-2011, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post

April-May.

Only have the Feb/March and haven't seen the April/May issue at the news stand yet, thanks
post #2891 of 16568 Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21

UPDATE! Product has been discontinued!

I know a number of us are very interested in the MDX-1 iPod dock and what it will do. I recently asked anthem support a few questions and got responses back from Nick. I have attempted to summarize the responses and what I learned below, hope this will help answer some of the questions I have seen in the past few pages!

Current Anticipated Release Date: Unknown

Release Date Updates:

+ Early 2011: Expected June 2011, to be sold by authorized Anthem dealers.
++ March 16, 2011: Target date is "Summer of 2011"
+++ Sept 1, 2011: Currently it appears the MDX is awaiting approval from Apple, once the dock is approved, production should ramp up quickly, no current ETA has been suggested
++++ Sept 23, 2011: Still no official shipping date, but one was spotted "In the wild"! They exist! Checkout post:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=6549, thanks for the find glennQNYC)
+++++ Nov 1, 2011: My dealer has provided the following feedback; Anthem has submitted the MDX-1 to Apple for approval 3 times now and with each submission, Apple has rejected it, requesting more features and functionality be added. The latest submission was again rejected by apple with requests for more functionality and support for iPads. Based on the photo we have seen of the current MDX Dock, this would likely require a hardware redesign. Anthem is currently assessing Apples latest list of request/requirments (iPad support remains unlikely as this would be a massive hardware change).

++++++ Aug 9, 2012: Anthem has removed all mention of the MDX Dock from its site including in the MRX Datasheet. (still mentioned in the manual but it may simply not have been removed as of yet).  It is not looking promissing for the MDX Dock!

+++++++ Aug 10, 2012: Received a confirmation email from Anthem stating: "This has been discontinued. Dealers were notified a few weeks ago.  The overall demand just isn't there now that streamers (e.g. AppleTV, Airport Express etc) and iPhones are a lot more popular than iPods".

Current Anticipated Price: about $129-$199 (Final Price will be set when they are ready to ship)

Known/Anticipated Features of the MDX-1:

MDX1 Feature
MRX300
MRX500/700
Charge iPod with No Additional Cables
Yes
Yes
Apple Device Support (iPod/iPhone/iPad)
Currently Under Review
Currently Under Review
On Screen Music Titles
Does not Support Long File Names
Supports Long File Names
On Screen Controls
Same look and feel as vTuner and USB control
Same look and feel as vTuner and USB control
Browsing Options
Arranged by Artist, Album, Genre, or Playlist
Arranged by Artist, Album, Genre, or Playlist
iPod Feature Support
Music, Play Lists, Podcasts, Audio Books, Videos, Pictures
Music, Play Lists, Podcasts, Audio Books, Videos, Pictures
Album Artwork Support
No
Yes
Streaming Content from iPod
No
No
Remote Control
Yes, MRX Remote
Yes, MRX Remote
MRX Front Panel Control
Yes
Yes
Manual Control via iPod
No
No
Navigation Speed
Slow
Responsive
Audio Zone 1 *
Analog
Digital, Analog
Audio Zone 2 **
Analog
Analog
Video ***
Component, S-Video, Composite
Component, S-Video, Composite
Can be Docked in a Case
Currently Unknown
Currently Unknown

* Note: When playing video’s, to avoid audio/video sync issues, the MRX should be configured for Analog Audio.
** Note: To use the iPod with both Zone 1 and Zone 2, the MRX must be configured for Analog Audio.
*** Note: iPod **** connection does not have a digital video out option that can be utilized. [UPDATE: Apple now provides HDMI out on some newer models like the iPhone 4s via a 30 pin dock connector cable... no word yet on whether the MDX will also support HDMI at this point]

General Questions about the MRX and MDX:

Can you simply connect an iPod to the MRX’s USB port to access music on your iPod?

No, a few select iPods that present themselves specifically as a “Mass Storage Device” (some older Nano’s for example) can be accessed through the USB port the same way you would access any USB Memory sticks. However this will not work with most iPods and would require the music to have been manually copied the iPod as in “Mass Storage” mode, not copied using iTunes.

What is the difference between the MDX-1 on the MRX300 vs a 500/700?

On the MRX500/700 the MRX can directly process the digital music from your iPod. The MRX300 utilizes the analog audio line out of the iPod dock connector. When using the analog output of the iPod dock connector (for all MRX models) the initial Digital to Analog (D/A) conversion is done by the iPod is dependent on the quality of the iPod’s D/A conversion and as the signal is now an analog signal, it is subject to any electrical noise introduced by the iPod itself or between the iPod and the MRX. The MRX300 (or 500/700 set to analog) on Zone 1 will then convert the iPod analog single back to the Digital (A/D) for processing through ARC and lastly, before sending it off to the preamp of the MRX, it again converts it back again to Analog. Due to all these extra conversions (D/A, A/D, D/A) and the fact that the iPod’s D/A converter is really best suited to the general consumer public and a set of cheap ear buds, you can see that the benefits of going from the iPod to the MRX in digital form has the potential to produce much better sounding music/sound from your iPod then by using the analog output of the iPod as the MRX300 uses.

As noted in the grid above, the MDX-1 will have slower menu responses than the 500/700 and the filenames support on the 300 will not be the full length that the 500/700 will support.

An interesting note from Nick as well, is that the MDX-1 dock contains an “Apple chip” which is what allows for the onscreen display and navigation on the MRX as well as it provides an Apple license for the device.

* Some info on other music players and USB Mass Storage Device support: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=2895

Please, before you ask a question about...
General Information on the MRX Series: See the First post here.
Technical Information including using ARC: See the "FAQ" post here.
post #2892 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 12:16 AM

Thanks Tigger, very helpful.

Maybe those of us who've dealt with some of the early issues of our MRX-s should get a discounted price?
post #2893 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger! View Post

General Questions about the MRX and MDX:

Can you simply connect an iPod to the MRX's USB port to access music on your iPod?[indent]No, a few select iPods that present themselves specifically as a Mass Storage Device (some older Nano's for example) can be accessed through the USB port the same way you would access any USB Memory sticks. However this will not work with most iPods and would require the music to have been manually copied the iPod as in Mass Storage mode, not copied using iTunes.

While I don't have an ipod but have a Zune so I believe the dock will not work for me of course. My question is, it looks like I would not be able to just connect my Zune to the USB port, correct?
post #2894 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

While I don't have an ipod but have a Zune so I believe the dock will not work for me of course. My question is, it looks like I would not be able to just connect my Zune to the USB port, correct?

Hello Eric-t,

I'm not familiar with the Zune (other than by name). The iPod uses a proprietary storage and indexing system when you copy files to it using iTunes. If the Zune also has a proprietary system than I suspect you will not be able to connect it directly to the MRX's USB port.

If however the Zune copies your music directly to the Zune as if it were a USB Memory stick (I.E. you can simply plug the Zune into your computers USB port and copy files to it like it was a Memory Stick/Removable Drive) then the MRX should be able to read it like it does any other Mass Storage Device.

To test is easy, plug your Zune into the USB port, go to the USB Media input on the MRX and see if it can find your music.

NOTE: If the Zune is discovered as a Mass Storage Device, you will be controlling it using the standard USB Mass Storage source on the MRX, NOT the iPod control source as the MRX thinks your Zune is a USB Memory Stick.

On a side note, a few iPods also appear as a Mass Storage Device (though usually you need to specially enable this feature and manually copy your files to the iPod without using iTunes). For any iPod that is in "Mass Storage Mode" and you have manually coppied files to it, you should be able to access those files over the USB port in the same manor.

Hope this helps.

If I learn anything more about the MDX-1, I will update my post.

post #2895 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

To test is easy, plug your Zune into the USB port, go to the USB Media input on the MRX and see if it can find your music.

Eric-t, doesn't own an Anthem anything.

He just asks a million questions.
post #2896 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzzo View Post

Thanks Tigger, very helpful.

Maybe those of us who've dealt with some of the early issues of our MRX-s should get a discounted price?

Thanks! Glad it was able to help someone else out.

As for a discount... I have not asked for one, though it would be a nice gesture. Really, I would just be happy to know that my issues are resolved! I've been an early adopter on a number of new peices of equipment and I except that their will be issues that need to be resolved. As long as the manufacture resolves them and in a timely fashion, I'm happy. When a manufacture simply produces a new model that fixes the problems the origional had but doesn't fix the origional model, that makes me very grumpy. Especially as us early adopters usually find all the issues that are later resolved and we typically paid a premium for the "privilage" of having an early model. (Plus side you get a new toy before anyone else... Downside it is usually a bit bugy and cost way more than it should).

Anthem has so far been very responsive to the questions I have sent them and based on past firmware releases I'm hopeful that they will have a new firmware out soon that atleast begins to address some of the bigger issues we have seen. Let's face it, I know they can't solve them all with one release (most likely) but if I see updates on a regular bases I know they are working on them!

I'm personally very interested to see a fix for the "pop" when switching codex. And I'm waiting to here back from them on the interesting behavior that 1080p-24 exibits in "through" mode.

post #2897 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post

Ahh, yes, I should have known this... think I have answered a few of his other questions.

If he is serious about getting one, questions are great... but perhaps a trip to the local Anthem Dealer where he can try one out and ask some questions directly of the dealer... (I would go in armed with a list of questions so I could quickly ask them and not miss any).

Also I'm sure the dealer would allow you to attach your Zune and see if the MRX recognizes it. Also you might try searching the Zune Forum's to see if it is treated as a Mass Storage Device and how music is organized/stored on it.

post #2898 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm really not sure how I rubbed you the wrong way. What is your your agenda by acting like a 12 year old?? I am looking at the 500 for the USB ports for this purpose, but if it won't play my Zune through the USB then I might as well look at the 300.
post #2899 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ahh, yes, I should have known this... think I have answered a few of his other questions.

If he is serious about getting one, questions are great... but perhaps a trip to the local Anthem Dealer where he can try one out and ask some questions directly of the dealer... (I woudl go in armed with a list of questions so I could quickly ask them and not miss any).

Also I'm sure the dealer would allow you to attach your Zune and see if the MRX recognizes it. Also you might try searching the Zune Form's to see if it is treated as a Mass Storage Device and how music is organized/stored on it.

I called my two local dealers and neither of them have one in stock or on the floor.
post #2900 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:

Thanks! Glad it was able to help someone else out.

As for a discount... I have not asked for one, though it would be a nice gesture. Really, I would just be happy to know that my issues are resolved! I've been an early adopter on a number of new peices of equipment and I except that their will be issues that need to be resolved. As long as the manufacture resolves them and in a timely fashion, I'm happy. When a manufacture simply produces a new model that fixes the problems the origional had but doesn't fix the origional model, that makes me very grumpy. Especially as us early adopters usually find all the issues that are later resolved and we typically paid a premium for the "privilage" of having an early model. (Plus side you get a new toy before anyone else... Downside it is usually a bit bugy and cost way more than it should).

Anthem has so far been very responsive to the questions I have sent them and based on past firmware releases I'm hopeful that they will have a new firmware out soon that atleast begins to address some of the bigger issues we have seen. Let's face it, I know they can't solve them all with one release (most likely) but if I see updates on a regular bases I know they are working on them!

I'm personally very interested to see a fix for the "pop" when switching codex. And I'm waiting to here back from them on the interesting behavior that 1080p-24 exibits in "through" mode.

I agree, the annoyance factor would grow if they weren't responsive or didn't fix things. Or if there was another piece of equipment that could produce at a similar price without initial wrinkles. Last night the women forced me to watch Burlesque. It being basically one song and dance number after another, I totally got into it because of how damn good it sounded but would never admit to the girls I enjoyed their chick flick more than them.

I've had popping on two occasions and that's it. Very strange. I'll look for the video issue on mine.
post #2901 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Are you in the habit of spending four or more figures on an item and NOT asking questions beforehand?

I asked "a million questions" on this forum and a number of others when I researched my last major HT gear purchases and I don't recall anyone getting annoyed at me for it. The most useful thing about a forum like this is the ability to ask questions. I've read this entire thread and find nothing about Eric's questions that could be construed as rude, impertinent or otherwise unreasonable. I don't see why he should be maligned for seeking information.

If you don't like his questions, ignore them. Your comments to him suggest that asking questions before you own something is somehow wrong (it isn't) and, frankly, sets a less than friendly tone for newcomers who might be looking for guidance. If I'd received such a reception back when I was a newcomer, I'd have likely left quickly and told others to avoid this place, rather than recommending it as a source of useful information from knowledgeable people. Thankfully, that wasn't the case (good thing I wasn't shopping for an Anthem product at the time, though).

P. S. I don't know Eric and have no connection to him other than as a fellow forum member. I just found it tiresome to see him unjustly maligned for seeking knowledge in a place in which doing so is the primary function.
post #2902 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

in regards to the dune problem with pass through, i have the 500 but don't use its internal scaler at all. i have all of my sources running through a scaler (denon 602) and then output hdmi into the 500 (with passthrough enabled) and i have no issues whatsoever with video stutter or audio sync. it may be because the scaler is taking care of that but i have no delays set on it and native sound is bitstreamed and decoded with the 500. i never liked the mrx's internal scaler as i found it a bit glitchy and no as good as scaling. now when i say glitchy, i was one of the first people in toronto to get my hands on a 500 so i had the very first firmware available but after some updates, passthrough worked fine for my purpose. i haven't tested the internal scaler since then so not sure how well it works now.

post #2903 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzzo View Post

I agree, the annoyance factor would grow if they weren't responsive or didn't fix things. Or if there was another piece of equipment that could produce at a similar price without initial wrinkles. Last night the women forced me to watch Burlesque. It being basically one song and dance number after another, I totally got into it because of how damn good it sounded but would never admit to the girls I enjoyed their chick flick more than them.

I've had popping on two occasions and that's it. Very strange. I'll look for the video issue on mine.

Yea, those dance numbers can actually be very entertaining and often the colors and sound tracks are fantastic!

As for the video issue, if you haven't noticed or it isn't bothering you, don't go looking for it! Just sit back and enjoy.

post #2904 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony A. View Post

in regards to the dune problem with pass through, i have the 500 but don't use its internal scaler at all. i have all of my sources running through a scaler (denon 602) and then output hdmi into the 500 (with passthrough enabled) and i have no issues whatsoever with video stutter or audio sync. it may be because the scaler is taking care of that but i have no delays set on it and native sound is bitstreamed and decoded with the 500. i never liked the mrx's internal scaler as i found it a bit glitchy and no as good as scaling. now when i say glitchy, i was one of the first people in toronto to get my hands on a 500 so i had the very first firmware available but after some updates, passthrough worked fine for my purpose. i haven't tested the internal scaler since then so not sure how well it works now.

Hey Anthony... Thanks for your input. Are you exporting your video from the 602 @ 1080p-24? This is the only problem I am having. The MRX does not pass through 1080p-24 untouched. Please check your 1080p-24 sources on the MRX via the resolution button... More than likely it will not say "Through" but rather mine says 1080p-24. It should say through like all other resolution sources

I am able to pass through 1080p-60 without any issues. But I would prefer 24Hz which is native for my display... Eliminating any judder issues of 60Hz

Please check your MRXs resolution info for 1080p-24 and let me know what it says.

Thanks

~ Swearengen
post #2905 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I called my two local dealers and neither of them have one in stock or on the floor.

That's to bad. Did they say when they will have one? I know my dealer has had a 500? I think? Hooked up pretty much since he got his first couple of shipments.

Not having a Zume I think you will have to test it out or wait to here if anyone else here has tried it.

Again, doing some research on a Zume forum may answer your question as well. If it works like a Memory Stick and the music is copied using a standard file and directory structure, the MRX should treat it like a Memory Stick.

post #2906 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's to bad. Did they say when they will have one? I know my dealer has had a 500? I think? Hooked up pretty much since he got his first couple of shipments.

Not having a Zume I think you will have to test it out or wait to here if anyone else here has tried it.

Again, doing some research on a Zume forum may answer your question as well. If it works like a Memory Stick and the music is copied using a standard file and directory structure, the MRX should treat it like a Memory Stick.

Both my dealers told me they won't stock the higher cost receivers and focus only on the sub $1,000 ones. This is really too bad as I do want to see one in person.
post #2907 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM

I got an Anthem MRX 500 today, replacing a Denon Avr 3311. I have yet to listen to it yet because I want to set it up properly prior to doing so. My office is 25ft wide and 31ft deep. I am have 7 Klipsch CDT-5800-C (Ceiling speakers). I set up a 5.1 system (with a paradigm DSP-3400) and the remaining two for a zone 2 application. I just ran ARC (please see attached results) and I have a few questions.

1. I want use my second zone for music only. Is there a way to send Internet or an external hard drive via usb to it?
2. Can the MRX 500 decode AIFF or FLAC?
3. Can I run ARC to zone 2 independent of the main zone?
4. Can someone please review my attached charts and offer some tweaking guidance?
LL
LL
LL
post #2908 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Both my dealers told me they won't stock the higher cost receivers and focus only on the sub $1,000 ones. This is really too bad as I do want to see one in person.

Where are you located?

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
post #2909 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 11:53 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I guess it's time to find a new dealer.

But seriously, it's generally not that hard to find a Anthem dealer. Just look on Anthem's web site. And when you find one call them. I bought my 500 sightunseen. Sure I was a bit nervous, but there's really nothing to be nervous about. No regrets whatsoever.
-Peter

"I'd start a revolution, if I could just get out of bed." -fetters
post #2910 of 16568 Old 03-21-2011, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanknuck View Post

I guess it's time to find a new dealer.

But seriously, it's generally not that hard to find a Anthem dealer. Just look on Anthem's web site. And when you find one call them. I bought my 500 sightunseen. Sure I was a bit nervous, but there's really nothing to be nervous about. No regrets whatsoever.
-Peter

I have tried the only two in my area. So my only option is to travel a long distance in which I'm unable to do. I will more then likely buy sight unseen as well.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Anthem Mrx500 , Anthem Mrx300 , Anthem Mrx700 , Receivers Amplifiers , Component Amplifiers , 3d Hdtv , Speaker Systems
Gear in this thread - Mrx500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page