Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 74 Old 06-09-2011, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
Hi Michael... Thanks for the write up... good information! However, I only "stumbled" across your post/review by accident.

As you are well aware, V867 owners eventually discover the RX-V867 does not have its own official thread...
(snip)
Just purchased an RX-V867. Should receive soon...
But yes, we need an official thread thats easy to find and not loose the good stuff like Michaels post...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 06-09-2011, 06:38 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo05 View Post
Just purchased an RX-V867. Should receive soon...
But yes, we need an official thread thats easy to find and not loose the good stuff like Michaels post...
Same here, ordered mine yesterday, should receive mine monday I think(UPS tracking not showing delivery date).

An official thread would be nice.
post #63 of 74 Old 06-09-2011, 06:55 PM

Folks,
OK its official!
Here's the linK to "The Official Yamaha RX-V867 Owners Thread":
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post20549358

Have added links to this thread, MichaelJHuman review, Yamaha web-site etc....
post #64 of 74 Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 AM

Newegg has Yamaha RX-V867 7.2-Channel Digital Network Home Theater Receiver for $429.99 with code EMCKDHG22 with free shipping.
post #65 of 74 Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 PM

B&H shows the 867 being discontinued. No longer sold on Amazon. I just bought a 2nd one on Newegg...is there something wrong with this receiver (I love this thing, especially for the $)? Didn't it recently come out?
post #66 of 74 Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 389
The x71 models are out now which is why the year old 867 is being discounted so heavily. There should be a 871 out shortly so take advantage of the bargain pricing on the outgoing models.

Afro GT
post #67 of 74 Old 07-15-2011, 11:13 PM

Does the 867 share the PRESENCE output with the rear surrounds? If so I guess I am at the mercy of the receiver as it picks and chooses what to use? or does the 867 allow Front presence with 7.2? As I do have a 7.2 setup.

Second question based on the answer of the first few. If the front presence is shared with the rear surround, If I want to keep 7.2 with front presence can I use the Front presence PREAMP out to a 2 channel Amplifier to power the front presence? Will that work? If so is that technically 9.2?
post #68 of 74 Old 07-16-2011, 05:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
If so I guess I am at the mercy of the receiver as it picks and chooses what to use

I'm pretty sure YOU choose which to use, not the receiver.

Afro GT
post #69 of 74 Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp1demon View Post

Does the 867 share the PRESENCE output with the rear surrounds? If so I guess I am at the mercy of the receiver as it picks and chooses what to use? or does the 867 allow Front presence with 7.2? As I do have a 7.2 setup.

Second question based on the answer of the first few. If the front presence is shared with the rear surround, If I want to keep 7.2 with front presence can I use the Front presence PREAMP out to a 2 channel Amplifier to power the front presence? Will that work? If so is that technically 9.2?

The 867 allows for 9 speakers to be attached (just for zone one playback). If all 9 speakers are attached, the 867 will operate in two speaker configurations: 7.x_Standard and 5.x_Standard+2xFrontHeight. The 867 selects which configuration to use based the user selected playback parameters. Older models allowed for the user to select which configuration to use when there was a 'conflict' between the (other) user choices, but that option was removed about four model years back. Any use of external power amps does NOT affect these 'limitations'.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

post #70 of 74 Old 07-16-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex View Post

The 867 allows for 9 speakers to be attached (just for zone one playback). If all 9 speakers are attached, the 867 will operate in two speaker configurations: 7.x_Standard and 5.x_Standard+2xFrontHeight. The 867 selects which configuration to use based the user selected playback parameters. Older models allowed for the user to select which configuration to use when there was a 'conflict' between the (other) user choices, but that option was removed about four model years back. Any use of external power amps does NOT affect these 'limitations'.

SO connecting 7.2 to the Receiver directly - then using the Front Height Pre-out to a 200 watt Two channel amp will to power the front height will alow me to run 9.2

There is no Front Height Pre-Out on the 867 - so check my post below - will that work?
post #71 of 74 Old 08-04-2011, 02:23 AM

Page 15 of the manual shows and says 7 speakers, sub-woofer and presence.
It also says"The unit automatically selects the presence speakers or the surround back speakers to output sounds according to the selected sound program." Does that mean when a movie starts it's going to be PRESENCE or SURROUND BACK the entire time or does it alternate throughout the movie and use presence (to enhance dialog) when rear surround is not necessary? Because then it says "When the sound program is changed the speakers that output the sound are switched between the presence and the surround back speakers automatically."

Can I hook my presence speakers up to the receiver, then use the REAR SURROUND BACK PRE-OUT and hook them up to a 2 Channel Amplifier and have both Rear surround and presence working at the same time? The manual seems sneaky in how it shows things and explains things. I really would love to have 7.2 + Presence and I really don't want to buy another Receiver. The way this manual shows stuff off It seems like it can be done but then it seems like it cannot be done.
post #72 of 74 Old 08-04-2011, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp1demon View Post
Does that mean when a movie starts it's going to be PRESENCE or SURROUND BACK the entire time
yes

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
"My AV systems were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many speakers. And they have . . . A PLAN."

post #73 of 74 Old 08-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex View Post

yes

So what happens if I power my Rear surrounds with an external Amplifier and use the Rear surround PRE-OUT and then use the receivers Front presence main output? Will the Pre-out not work when presence from the receiver is active>?
post #74 of 74 Old 06-03-2012, 01:49 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

No idea about not being able to see my PC music. My Z7 has no problems from the same PC. What was interesting was that I could see a playlist I added. How can it see a playlist, but not music? I did not try any TCP/IP captures to see what's being sent. This is currently an unsolved issue.

Same here. When I select Music, I get a "No Content" screen. I have 3 Win7 x64 computers in the house: 1 connected via ethernet and 2 connected via wireless. I can see music on the 2 wireless laptops, but I cannot see music files on the wired PC. I can, however, use playlists that originate on that wired PC.

Even when the wireless laptops are connected via wired, I can still see their music libraries. My V867 has full permission on all computers. Plus, I checked the PC and the laptops immediately after a fresh OS install using all of the same options. I was immediately able to see the laptop music library, but could never see the PC music library.

Did you ever find a solution?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page