Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was told today that some of the problems that I have experienced with my Denon 4311 (audio loss and what they called copyright blue lines) was a result of HDMI problems. They emailed me this procedure to fix it. I am not going to do this as my receiver is being replaced for a new one as it has more serious issues going on then those two mentioned above.
Reverse HDMI Handshake
1. Power ON all equipment.
2. While equipment is powered on, disconnect ALL HDMI cables. Both ends of ALL HDMI Cables. Emphasis on ALL.
3. Turn off all equipment.
4. Unplug separately each device from the power. You cannot use a multi power strips main power reset button. Devices must be powered up one at a time in later steps.
5. Wait Thirty Minutes.
6. Reconnect all HDMI cables.
THESE next few steps are important. You will have to do these one at a time. MUST be done in THis order.
7. FIRST. Plug in, power on, and verify input on the TELEVISION SET.
8. Next, Plug and power on receiver.
9. Select source on the receiver of the device you plan on powering up next. (I.E. DVD, BP, SAT/CBL)
10. Plug and power on selected device. Wait 30 Secs.
11. Power off device normally.
12. Repeat steps 9-11)
This completes a HDCP communications reset.