post #301 of 302 Old Today, 04:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 376 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15043 Post(s)
Liked: 7258
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSarc View Post
Hi all!!! quick question I also have the Denon X4300H which upgraded from 3808Ci and have a high sensitive speaker system (DT BP7000, clr3000 and BPVX/P x4 surrounds) it sounds great, so what is the advantage of getting a more powerfull amp (ive been thinking of getting the Monolith 7x200 watts input sensitivity 1.6v ) rather using just the receiver? thanks
None. You would be much better served adding a dedicated sub (eg. SVS PB2000) or better yet, two subs into your setup to really wake it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 302 Old Today, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I will let you guys know how my latest purchases went . I just upped my power from 200 watts a channel to 300... Let me explain . I burnt up a mid range woofer in my Ascends Towers last weekend . I have been smelling them getting hot for the last several spirited concerts . Every few weekends, I invite a few folks over and we watch a concert . Last weekend it was the Pretenders @ LA and Eagles Farewell tour. I like to listen at about 112 or 113 db, as that is where my 5 Ascends, Raal Towers Horizon, And Sierra 2' sound best ( to me). The room actually sounds BETTER than a live concert . At least that's what everyone tells me.. and I agree.. I have 2 PSA 18's as my subs . Amp was a Outlaw 7500 200 x5 wpc.. Room is 16x24 with 9 foot ceilings . After talking to Dave @ Ascend, he explains at my 9.5 feet distance , I would need considerable more power to sustain that volume without any issues ... So I ordered a ATI 6005 . I'm going to have to run another power outlet as it has 2 power cords and ATI wants 20 amp dedicated circuits. Dave cautions me to monitor my settings and try to keep it around 110 db ,as he says even with 300 watts , that is about the max he would suggest .. Maybe with this much headroom, 110 will have the dynamic range and impact of what 113 used to sound like ... I'll keep you posted ... Unit is in transit ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page