Onkyo HT-RC260 - No sound on Netflix startup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-16-2010, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The problem:
When I start streaming a movie on Netflix through my XBOX360, the sound cuts out. It's not "muted," but there is no sound output. However, if I mute then unmute the RC260, I get the sound back.

It's a 2.0 setup and has worked fine with all the other music, movies and games I've tried. This had never happened with my previous receiver and is the only issue I've had with the RC260 to date.

Obviously this issue isn't catastrophic, but it definately is annoying having to scramble for the remote to "Mute+unMute" with each movie I watch. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Setup:
Netflix on XBOX360 --HDMI--> RC260 Receiver (2.0, "GAME" input; HDMI1 out) --HDMI--> TV (Toshiba 40FT1U)

Thanks!

-Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 AM

Is your xbox connected with the HDMI cable? Did you go into System Settings and make sure the Audio Output is DD?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-20-2011, 07:15 PM

I hate to dig up an older thread but I have the exact same issue.

RC-260
Xbox 360

It used to take a minute or less for the audio to come on, but now it won't at all. I used the mentioned mute trick and that solved my problem. Has this issue been addressed? My Xbox is set to output to DD.

Thanks.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-24-2011, 05:57 PM

Did either of you find a solution to this problem? I ran into this and found the cause of the problem, but my specs are slightly different. The hardware is:

* Onkyo TX-SR600
* Red XBOX 360 (Resident Evil 4)
* No HDMI
* Optical audio

Also muting/unmuting did not solve the problem but switching to any other audio input and back on the receiver does solve it. But that could be because of the Onkyo receiver type. Now the solution for me was to unhook the Kinect from the USB, as soon as I did this everything worked as expected. I'm wondering if either of you have any USB device hooked up and if you remove it does it solve this?

- Argh
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page