AVS Forum banner

Integra 40.2 not passing 3D signal through to panel

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  996911 
#1 · (Edited)
Have just recently had a home theater constructed and have one small glitch with the system. Trying to watch some 3D programming on Directv and the signal is only sending some shows through (guitar sessions, preview channel, and a few others) but any of the sports based programs (basketball and football) will not pass through to the panel. Instead I get an error message "This 3D program is broadcast in 720p. Your TV does not support this resolution. (797)"

Current configuration:
Directv HR21--->Integra 40.2--->Panel

However, I can get all shows just fine if I take the HDMI directly from the Directv box to an open HDMI input on the panel bypassing the receiver.

What is confusing is that the Integra states:
HDMI v1.4a (3D Support, Audio Return Channel)

So, any idea what gives?

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

See less See more
#3 ·
If you Google the error message you see, it looks like a lot of people are having issues similar to what you are having. Here's one example:

http://www.highdefforum.com/3dtv-har...-receiver.html

It seems as though the issue is with the Directv HR21 box, and many people have been asking for a fix.

You can try the following cable hookup option if your HR21 supports it. If you want to have sound routed to the Integra, run the HDMI cable from the HR21 to the Panny, then run an optical cable from the HR21 to the Integra. You would get the 3D video, and the optical cable hookup would still provide Dolby Digital 5.1 support if that is used on that channel.

It stinks to have to do that, but it may be a temporary solution until someone can issue a fix for it. I don't own any of the products you listed, but this is one alternative you might consider.

Good luck!

#4 ·
Thanks so much for the quick replies fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2Photos
What do you have the monitor out set as on the Integra? Is it set to upscale to 1080p? Have you tried "through"? (I'm assuming this is similar to the Onkyos)
Good question. I have no idea but will investigate. I had a home theater company do everything so I would need to get smart on the Integra menus, etc. and find out. I'll see what happens if I select various options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrand1
If you Google the error message you see, it looks like a lot of people are having issues similar to what you are having. Here's one example:

http://www.highdefforum.com/3dtv-har...-receiver.html

It seems as though the issue is with the Directv HR21 box, and many people have been asking for a fix.

You can try the following cable hookup option if your HR21 supports it. If you want to have sound routed to the Integra, run the HDMI cable from the HR21 to the Panny, then run an optical cable from the HR21 to the Integra. You would get the 3D video, and the optical cable hookup would still provide Dolby Digital 5.1 support if that is used on that channel.

It stinks to have to do that, but it may be a temporary solution until someone can issue a fix for it. I don't own any of the products you listed, but this is one alternative you might consider.

Good luck!
Nice catch and thanks for the reply. I'll look into that.

As far as the changing the cabling, that isn't an option. All my equipment (HR21, XBOX, Blu-ray) goes into the Integra via HDMI and then 1 HDMI out to the panel. To send a different HDMI to the panel would cause to issues. First, I'd have to have the new HMDI input calibrated ($$$) and second, the RTI system would have to be reprogrammed ($$$) for handle the different commands and switching.

#6 ·
Figured I'd post an update to this thread as I figured out the problem. My apologies for forgetting to update the thread with my solution. The issue was with my DIRECTV boxes and the software. I was able to move my HR24 from another room to test it out and it worked just fine. Apparently I need a new software update as all was working after the update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.