Onkyo 805 - No audio just video - Diagnosis Help Please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Onkyo 805 which the day after loud playing music at my New Year's Party suddenly will drop audio and have just video. If I turn the device off and then back on, the display, or any other lights don't come on. If I leave it off/unplugged for a few minutes, everything works just fine again until suddenly it happens again.

So I assume based on searches and poking around other threads that there must be a bad speaker wire (frayed or something). To test this I unplugged individually each speaker from the back of the receiver until it happened again. Plugged that channel back in went down the line. Did this for all 7 speakers individually and my sub. It still happened.

The only thing I haven't done is a reset/clear (VCR + standby). Sort of hoping for this to be my last resort as my set-up mic is out of state.

I'm wondering if unplugging each separate speaker individually without a rest after each would render my test useless???

Looking for any thoughts/suggestions. My next step is to disconnect each banana clip and reinstall on all speakers.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page