Originally Posted by vienna_x1100
Tried to get Airplay work on my Denon X1100W for the last two weeks. A horror!
Now it stopped playing and it can't get a connection, iTunes shows error 15008. Unplugging would probably work... until the error comes again a few hours later. Any ideas to solve the problem for longer?
I had the same problem and it was racking my brains as alot of the information didn't talk about what iTunes Airplay error -15008 meant.
I was really pissed off that this happened as I bought this thing last week and it failed to work during playback, during the middle of a house party!
Worse thing was, I spent of 700$ AUD in buying this thing last week so I could do multi-zone - otherwise I would have stuck with my previous device - the Yamaha RX-V473 and have had no problems whatsoever on Airplay with the Yamaha (been running that setup for 2+ years)
Telstra Netgear CG3100D-2 (Cable Model/router)
TP-Link gigabit 8 port switch
Hardwired network everywhere (AVR, PC in same switch, and same subnet)
PC running windows 8.1 and iTunes
Playback would be ok for a while, on the day of the party I actually was running this setup all day. Then in the middle of the party it failed and stopped working with the iTunes error -15008.
Hard power cycle (short) failed
Hard power cycle (5 min delay) OK, but would fail after a little while
Was running additional wireless router, but ended up getting a new switch to simplify network, but still had same issue.
Tested via 2 iphones and ipad air running different versions of iOS - no different.
Called up Denon Support -QualiFI (?) and spoke to a quite helpful bloke called bosko. Told me that alot of the time it is the network, mainly configuration, but possibly network hardware on AVR. Gave me hard reset proceedures and I proceeded to try those and investigate further.
Hard reset procedures seem ok, reconfigured everything and ran Online Radio for an hour with no issues - kinda rules out network hardware.
Airplay testing soon followed and failed within 5-10 mins.
Hard reset again, but noticed just before I did this, I saw the front saying "Assigning" - to me it seems to be Airplay processes on Denon AVR playing up possibly due to some network thing on the AVR having its knickers in a knot.
Then trial'd and error'd different settings on the router - even though the Firewall Features were OFF.
[ Short answer ]
- Disabled IP Flood Detection
in Content Filtering > Services
- Seems to have worked regardless of the fact that the Firewall Features were OFF.
Stable for 4 hours continuous play and various testing - including:
- multiple airplay sources
- AVR swap to another source
- AVR control of airplay music
- Multi zone switch on off
- Airplay stream hijack using other airplay source
- Airplay from wireless iOS device
- Airplay from 2 separate computers
- Airplay remote boot AVR to play music
No problems since (3 days now since I turned IP Flood Detection off)-
I've only had this thing for a week.
It's working quite well now (really - as expected) was really disappointed that this happens, I have never had a problem previously.
Hope this helps.
P.S. On reflection of the above, it is quite apparent the Denon Airplay software within its Firmware is quite flaky. During testing, I have also tested airplay on the same network using the following as airplay receivers:
- another PC
- the older Yamaha device (RX-V473)
-- with no issues.
I hope Denon fix this up so that the Airplay software modules are more robust - for the average Joe, they would already have sent it back for DOA a few times now.