Denon AVR 1911- Need help not working correctly - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-23-2011, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I just purchased anew AVR 1911, and out of the box when I run the Audyssey setup it only comes up with Front L speaker found, I have a 5.1 setup. Double checked the wiring , speakers, connections etc, tone test has all speakers producing sound so I know the cabling is OK. When I play the Radio Tuner or IPOD I get sound only in the 2 right speakers in stereo mode, the only way to get sound in the left speaker is to set the FL to 12 db while SW and FR remain at factory default of 0 DB, in direct mode FL FR and SW work as designed. All the simulated modes work when listening to blue ray or Sat/CBL, the only exception is multichannel which only provides sound in the 2 right speakers. It is my understanding that not matter what the source is , in multichannel mode all speakers should be working. I tried the micro processor reset, with no difference. Any ideas or do I have DOA receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
There's no reason to double post when you're already being assisted in the Denon 1911 Owner's thread.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page